PDA

View Full Version : WWE:Time for one company,one brand,one world champion etc

Juvenile Junkie
11-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Anyone thinking that this whole brand extension thing needs to come to an end? There was a time roughly between 2002 - 2006 when the Brand extension was in its peak.We all had our dream matches i.e Eddie Guerrero vs HBK,they even teASed us with the RAW vs SmackDown match @ Survivor Series 2005,but come to 2011,the whole separate brands thing has poofed.We had soft World championship reigns when they had 3 brands,and the less said about WWECW the better,which if anything,gave TNA more creditability than WWE,but the Brand Extension is dying a slow death.Too many Draft Lotteries over the years with too many switches across the brands.Remember how exiting the 2004 draft lottery was?It was the first one in 3 years,Booker T and RVD went to Smack Down amongst others,it was fresh and exiting,Shelton Benjamin was aggresively pushed as a singles star as was Edge.But this brand extension sucks,its lost its need,first and foremost.

Simply put,when was the last time a Raw or Smack Down performer switching brands had you exited and thinking of dream matches or potentially good matches? it only happens when a guy quits like Kurt Angle or gets fired or contract expires and goes to TNA.

wrestlingfan66513
11-30-2011, 09:15 AM
When Ziggler went to Raw I was excited. But with all these supershows with one brand, a lot of people will get snubbed out of TV. On Raw Riley and Drew have little to no chance of showing up because the Smackdown stars take up time. If anything I say TNA needs another show so they can build up more feuds better.

thedominator92
11-30-2011, 09:45 AM
it kinda is already one brand. They don't need to go back to one champ though, just change the appearance of the wwe belt and learn to book the titles better

68wPayne
11-30-2011, 09:53 AM
I have to disagree. If there was only one champion then people like Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, etc. will have a harder time breaking into the main event because it would be dominated by John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, and other fixtures. With there being two separate brands it thins the main event scene where they are forced to create new main eventers and the midcarders who deserve it can get moved up and then people from FCW can get brought in and the cycle can continue.

Robareid
11-30-2011, 09:56 AM
I have to disagree. If there was only one champion then people like Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, etc. will have a harder time breaking into the main event because it would be dominated by John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, and other fixtures. With there being two separate brands it thins the main event scene where they are forced to create new main eventers and the midcarders who deserve it can get moved up and then people from FCW can get brought in and the cycle can continue.

This .

The Hit Man
11-30-2011, 11:33 AM
I'd rather have one World Title. Mainly because I think if there is one World Title to go for then it allows a mid carder to be built up more. Superstars pushes nowadays seem to rushed and I think it's because there is more opportunity to win a World Title.

Juvenile Junkie
11-30-2011, 12:37 PM
in the Attitude era,there were many guys who never got a look in for the title.But with 2 and especially for while THREE WORLD TITLES,WWE had some really soft champions.

Fatality
11-30-2011, 12:49 PM
in the Attitude era,there were many guys who never got a look in for the title.But with 2 and especially for while THREE WORLD TITLES,WWE had some really soft champions.

In the attitude era, they had brilliant storylines that were more interesting then the title storyline.

Juvenile Junkie
11-30-2011, 12:51 PM
In the attitude era, they had brilliant storylines that were more interesting then the title storyline.

And there was no John Cena.How pathetic is it that they went from the Attitude era to being centered around a guy who's fans are 9 years old.

Wrestlinfan608
11-30-2011, 01:54 PM

It helps a lot to have just one title. I think it's stupid to have the WWE title and the World Heavyweight title at the same time. It makes no sense and confuses fans, leaving them wondering what title has more value..... actually WWE does not really care about storylines or the title as long as you buy the new shirt/song/DVD that they are selling

Juvenile Junkie
11-30-2011, 01:59 PM
It helps a lot to have just one title. I think it's stupid to have the WWE title and the World Heavyweight title at the same time. It makes no sense and confuses fans, leaving them wondering what title has more value..... actually WWE does not really care about storylines or the title as long as you buy the new shirt/song/DVD that they are selling

spot on.and also a modern day fan has a short memory to face/heel moves even if two guys who are tagging together in a Raw main event where feuding 4 months ago in a multiple month feud

TempestH
12-01-2011, 12:34 AM
it kinda is already one brand. They don't need to go back to one champ though, just change the appearance of the wwe belt and learn to book the titles better

If I had too choose one or the other, I would rather have one champion than one brand.

The current Orton/Barrett feud as well as the past month with Cena has shown us that main eventers don't have to necessarily be constantly competing for titles. Cena and Orton could continue to be the WWE's star attractions and never touch the WWE Championship (like HBK) again if Vince or Creative wanted it that way.

KJ PUNK
12-01-2011, 01:30 AM

And you just explained why the brands need to be kept SEPARATE. This way you know that the WWE Champion is the top dog on Raw and vice versa. The whole Supershow concept is really killing the lower mid card guys like Riley, Mcintyre, Swagger, etc. It needs to go back where the only time the brands interact is during PPVs.

mika009
12-01-2011, 06:45 AM

Ok, so let Bryan, Ziggler, Rhodes etc. chase the Intercontinental belt for 3 or 4 years like Bret, Shawn, Mr. Perfect etc. did years ago. This gives them the time to really find thier character and get well polished in the ring before thier big push. That's the problem with everyone wanting a so called youth movement. Push the young guys to the top to quick then when they don't get over they get burried, some never to be heard from again. Also, with one heavyweight title, you would have the whole roster of main eventers mixing it up together instead of getting the same old fueds on both shows because they are limited to using that roster.

captainmoonlight
12-01-2011, 07:12 AM
i think the supershow has shown it wont work. Not enough individuals on each show.

I don't wanna see orton on monday night raw and then again on a friday.

we've got the biggest and best roster in years and its overkill on the monday, especially when you only have 1.15 hours max because of adverts

68wPayne
12-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Ok, so let Bryan, Ziggler, Rhodes etc. chase the Intercontinental belt for 3 or 4 years like Bret, Shawn, Mr. Perfect etc. did years ago. This gives them the time to really find thier character and get well polished in the ring before thier big push. That's the problem with everyone wanting a so called youth movement. Push the young guys to the top to quick then when they don't get over they get burried, some never to be heard from again. Also, with one heavyweight title, you would have the whole roster of main eventers mixing it up together instead of getting the same old fueds on both shows because they are limited to using that roster.

Glad you brought up Mr. Perfect because he is on the long list of people who should have won the WWE Title but didn't. Perhaps if they had separate brands back in the day Perfect, Piper, DiBiasi, Henning, Steamboat, etc. would have been able to get out from the Hogan shadow like the midcarders/barely main eventers today are trapped under the Cena and Orton shadow.

HCollins-TNA1
12-02-2011, 11:57 PM
I personally think the 2 World titles World/WWE title have ran it course.... The 2 world titles concept was created when both shows ran separate shows and PPVs.... Now that the stars from both are appearing on both more often, why not unify the World and WWE title???? One world champion and build up the mid card with the US and IC title even create a new mid-card title or bring back one like the Crusierweight....
Not everyone can Main Event and not everyone can be in the mid card.. But one world title or champion will happen in 2012!!! Other sports don't have 2 World champions!!! You don't see it in Baseball, Football, Basketball or NASCAR or Soccer or etc...

68wPayne
12-03-2011, 12:23 AM
I personally think the 2 World titles World/WWE title have ran it course.... The 2 world titles concept was created when both shows ran separate shows and PPVs.... Now that the stars from both are appearing on both more often, why not unify the World and WWE title???? One world champion and build up the mid card with the US and IC title even create a new mid-card title or bring back one like the Crusierweight....
Not everyone can Main Event and not everyone can be in the mid card.. But one world title or champion will happen in 2012!!! Other sports don't have 2 World champions!!! You don't see it in Baseball, Football, Basketball or NASCAR or Soccer or etc...

That's because they are sports and wrestling is entertainment. In entertainment you want to have as many stars as possible so you can increase the marketability.

HCollins-TNA1
12-03-2011, 01:03 AM
That's because they are sports and wrestling is entertainment. In entertainment you want to have as many stars as possible so you can increase the marketability.

But still there is one World Champion per company in any wrestling company be it NWA, TNA , ROH, New Japan, or etc.... Even in Boxing or UFC it is one World Champion not 2....

Wrestling Realist
12-03-2011, 01:57 AM
WWE should have one brand but have the WWE title as the top championship (The champion of the company) the have your top guy like Cena, Orton, Miz, and CM punk in that title picture, than take the WHC title split it in to 2 championship Raw WHC and SD WHC (the champion of the show just not the company) have guys that are just breaking into main event status like Ziggler, R-turth, Sheamus, Christian, Cody Rhodes and so on in this title picture, get rid of the US title and keep the IC title (the champion for mid-carders) have this title defended on Raw and SD and rarely on PPV with Zack Ryder, Ted Dibiase, Mason Ryan, Jinder Mahal and so on with the IC title strap change colours to suit it holder like in the old days (white or blue-HBK, yellow-warrior, gold-Goldust) an possibly have Ryder drop internet title to someone so NXT/Superstar have a title belt since its on the internet

Juvenile Junkie
12-03-2011, 04:58 AM
So other than CM Punk,who drastically benefited from holding the WWECW title?