PDA

View Full Version : Cage Match between Daniel Bryan and Mark Henry

Nitro_99
11-29-2011, 10:09 PM
....Well, this was one part of the show I was kind of looking forward to, but nope, that just turned me off. This just showed me one thing and that is Mark Henry should NOT be World Champion. Now, it is not because he is a big guy, but more because he is so dang boring! This match had nothing to it and it just showed me that I hate having Mark Henry as a champion. Sure, it is cool, but I would rather have it on Big Show....because he can actually hold a decent match with different people.....best part of show was either Justin Gabriel getting a win or Hornswoggle being able to speak!

Steve Austin
11-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah I'd have to agree :( I enjoyed it though but not wrestling wise more Christmasy and entertaining than anything else, it had a relaxed feel to it. I liked the Otunga v Orton match though.

Nitro_99
11-29-2011, 10:22 PM
I didn't see all of otunga and orton so I can't really comment. And I have to agree, Mark Henry's Title Reign is a breath of Fresh air, but it was more like this was thrown out of nowhere.....no need for a cage match yet.

ItswrestlingIwantblood
11-29-2011, 10:45 PM
dude the hornswoggle this was pathetic!
He was the reason I stopped watching WWE back in 09. DX in midget court, really? ugh
I'm not seven
I want to see some wrestling

Wrestlinfan608
11-29-2011, 10:47 PM
I didn't see all of otunga and orton so I can't really comment. And I have to agree, Mark Henry's Title Reign is a breath of Fresh air, but it was more like this was thrown out of nowhere.....no need for a cage match yet.

You start the thread saying henry shouldn't be champ, then you go on to say that he is a breathe of fresh air? So which one is it?

Nitro_99
11-29-2011, 10:51 PM
What I am trying to say is that Mark Henry was interesting for the first part, but now it is slowing down and this cage match with Bryan was pointless. Even though he is a new champion, now it is time to go.

SESAfro
11-29-2011, 10:56 PM
I actually enjoyed it. Was it the most technical match ever? Far from it. The drama around the end of the match made me pay attention. Bryan's feet dangling as he may fall. Nice touch.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Personally, I thought it was a good match. The last 5 minutes really was the most exciting part, IMO. D-Bry hooking the ankle lock and almost escaping the cage (with a nice touch of his feet dangling to the outside) not to mention Henry performing exceptionally for a big man his size. The fact that he lost to a World's Strongest Slam off the top rope just sements Bryan that much more as a legit contender. The fact that D-Bry lost makes me want him to be champion EVEN MORE and it'll make it that much sweeter when he does. I am more confident than ever that Daniel Bryan will be a world champion, as long as they continue to book him strongly like this. He can do nothing but get better and better.

tnafanwwehater
11-29-2011, 11:39 PM
i cannot believe u bashing this match. i was a well executed match. i actually thought daniel bryan was gonna win unlike those raw matches. it told a good story of a technical wrestler vs a monster power house. good stuff and the ending came off nice.

monctonvike
11-30-2011, 12:06 AM
this was one of the worst wrestling shows I have seen in a very long time. Hope they get the show fixed next week

Daffy Duck's Finest
11-30-2011, 12:25 AM
That show was pretty shocking...

,,,,on a brighter note, GOLDUST! Need I say more?

Ruthless_Aggression
11-30-2011, 12:46 AM
I usually defend the show and am always optimistic, so other than a horrid as usual Diva's match, the show was pretty entertaining. The crowd like most of them, even cheering during the jobber match between Mahal and Gabriel. And I thoroughly like the Orton and Otunga match, and that was an Otunga match!

But then they had to do that damn Battle Royal. My god... it took Sheamus and Foley down ten notches and Hornswoggle in the negatives... Goddammit, there was no excuse for this. The writer responsible for this needs to get his ass kicked.

Still, the cage match was awesome imo, shame not many people watched it since I can assume they all tuned out during the battle royal debacle.

Ulap83
11-30-2011, 01:13 AM
I have to admit this was one of the worst Smackdown's I've seen in a long time, but I have to give credit to Daniel Bryan and Mark Henry for at least making the main event interesting. It's just my opinion, but the cage match was the only thing worth watching tonight.

zapphoman
11-30-2011, 01:23 AM
I enjoyed the cage match and I have to give credit to Randy, he at least tried to be entertaining. Also, and don't think me danty, but that little kiss between Daniel and AJ....Adorable!

zapphoman
11-30-2011, 01:39 AM
That show was pretty shocking...

,,,,on a brighter note, GOLDUST! Need I say more?

Agreed! Goldust with his dad...Priceless!

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-30-2011, 01:45 AM
How many times was Twitter mentioned last-night?

On an entirely different note.. I believe that the cage match between Mark Henry an Daniel Bryan was fantastic. Mark Henry continues to amaze me, and Daniel Bryan just keeps shining.

SilverGhost
11-30-2011, 01:48 AM
SUPER WORLDS STRONGEST SLAM Y'ALL lol

zapphoman
11-30-2011, 01:54 AM
How many times was Twitter mentioned last-night?

On an entirely different note.. I believe that the cage match between Mark Henry an Daniel Bryan was fantastic. Mark Henry continues to amaze me, and Daniel Bryan just keeps shining.

After the first mention it was one to many times. lol I hate that crap so much. It's not beneficial to them at all. There is no profit in it unless Twitter is paying them and it's like what money do they have to be able to do that.

jonod
11-30-2011, 05:08 AM
i cannot believe u bashing this match. i was a well executed match. i actually thought daniel bryan was gonna win unlike those raw matches. it told a good story of a technical wrestler vs a monster power house. good stuff and the ending came off nice.

Agreed. great, exciting match. Crowd were really into Bryan too.

Torphy
11-30-2011, 06:20 AM
Just three points for me really. The first is that the show as a whole was pretty bad in terms of wrestling, but I don't think it was about that tonight, it was more for the kids, just to get the holiday season going for them, so I can forgive the WWE for that. Second is that Goldust made me mark out big time when I saw him in the party segment, i even went as far as to inhale deeply and exhale slowly while saying 'Goldust...'. Thirdly, the cage match was the best part of the night, those last few minutes of it were very entertaining, I actually believed Bryan was going to win it for a second there when his feet were dangling.

PSOjedi
11-30-2011, 06:49 AM
Personally, I thought it was a good match. The last 5 minutes really was the most exciting part, IMO. D-Bry hooking the ankle lock and almost escaping the cage (with a nice touch of his feet dangling to the outside) not to mention Henry performing exceptionally for a big man his size. The fact that he lost to a World's Strongest Slam off the top rope just sements Bryan that much more as a legit contender. The fact that D-Bry lost makes me want him to be champion EVEN MORE and it'll make it that much sweeter when he does. I am more confident than ever that Daniel Bryan will be a world champion, as long as they continue to book him strongly like this. He can do nothing but get better and better.
I can only agree with you.

clrj3514
11-30-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm not a Mark Henry fan at all but I thought this match was pretty good, especially the last few minutes. Predictable but good.

Cynicism
11-30-2011, 10:44 AM
I'd go so far as to say it was good for a Mark Henry match, which isn't a massive compliment

SESAfro
11-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Also, and don't think me danty, but that little kiss between Daniel and AJ....Adorable!
Adorable was an understatement. Instant "D'aaaaaawwwwww" moment.

tommytam91
11-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Anyone else think that AJ was hot last night?

Cynicism
11-30-2011, 12:28 PM
I don't think you need to qualify it as "last night" I think it's simple to say AJ was, and in fact is, HOT!

tommytam91
11-30-2011, 12:47 PM
i don't think you need to qualify it as "last night" i think it's simple to say aj was, and in fact is, hot!

*mega five*

rtb227
11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
That cage match was all I saw on tuesday so I can only speak for it. It was an entertaining match to me. If it wasn't for the fact that Bryan has the money in the bank it would've been less predictable. I did get my hopes up when his feet dangled on the outside and during the ankle lock. To me, he does it a lot better than Swagger. I liked the slam off the top rope except for it looked like all the force landed on Henry's legs and Henry could've sold that better.

BlazersDozen
11-30-2011, 09:42 PM
OP says he doesn't like it on Henry but wants it on Big Show, who has been trash since he's returned

#areyouseriousbro