PDA

View Full Version : Dolph Ziggler vs Cody Rhodes

The Hit Man
11-29-2011, 07:15 PM
The U.S. Champion vs the Intercontinental Champion. Both men have been talked a lot about the IWC about being the future of the WWE.

My question is who will be the bigger star?

I'm going with Ziggler on this one. Mainly because not only does he edge Rhodes in in-ring ability but he is arguably the best in-ring performer the WWE currently have. Throughout most of his career his style has been a mix of Mr. Perfect and Billy Gunn but recently I've a saw a bit of a young Shawn Michaels with this new show-off gimmick. If the WWE can exploit this, then we could be looking at a future multi-time World Champion and Hall of Famer. Not only is he great in the ring but his mic work is quickly improving and as time goes on and his career progresses it will surely improve further. Also I think he has the ability to play both a great heel AND face character, quite like what Edge was capable of doing.

VanHooliganX
11-29-2011, 07:19 PM
A vote for Team Ziggles is a vote for awesomeness!

You wanna be cool don'tcha guys?

Well vote Dolph today :)

Ruthless_Aggression
11-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Well Dolph did what Cody couldn't do, beat Randy Orton. :P

capn-edu
11-29-2011, 07:24 PM
IM a rhodes guy sorry
love his heel persona more than a bragging one :D

Rassling_Fan
11-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Ziggler is a better wrestler, but being a character driven show Cody has a better shot. I'm hoping both will become big names.

LMPunker
11-29-2011, 07:40 PM
dolph has better matches then cody,cody has the better character i like dolphs show off thing where hes good and he knows it i voted dolph as i feel he is more rounded then cody and looks more of a star has more of an it factor about them in my opinion

Ravsta
11-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Rhodes is way better on the mic and ziggler is better in ring
however ziggler is very bland on the mic.
So Rhodes ftw

Mtt08 xXx
11-29-2011, 07:52 PM
i dont think we've gotten a good enough look at ziggler on the mic. whenever he drops vicky we can see what he really has. i love both of these guys and theres no doubt theyre both future main eventers, but for now i pick rhodes.

SESAfro
11-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Well Dolph did what Cody couldn't do, beat Randy Orton. :P
Cody beat Orton cleanly, which Ziggles didn't.

But I love me some Ziggles/ The Zig Zag Man, so I choose him.

#HEEL

Krow132
11-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Ziggler without a doubt. Rhodes is great but Ziggler caught my eye on day one in this gimmick, everything clicked for him, Rhodes is still kind of trying to find out what his character is but is also a great worker.

Hannibal
11-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Rhodes has gotten clean wins over anyone worth getting a win over on Smackdown. The guy has great matches and continues to improve his skill and character. He's made me totally forget about that he is a second generation superstar and it really feels like he's going to surpass his father and his brother the way he's going now.

Ziggler not being in the world title race confuses the crap out of me. He gets heat, he's amazing in the ring, and he can cut promo when needed. He should have been champion after Mania.

Either way I'm kind of split on the two; but if I had to pick one it would be Rhodes. Mostly because everyone including myself thought Dibiase would be where he is now.

AXArchie
11-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Definitely Cody. Until Ziggler can do it on his own without Vickie, Cody is still a mile ahead of him.

Steve Austin
11-29-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm going Ziggler, these last few months he's turned my opinion of him completely around therefore he deserves my vote :)

thetheme
11-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Understand why this thread was made and rightfully so, but fuck choosing between those two... They both... kick... ASS. Just a 30 min match between those two would be epic IMO. Imagine the build up if done right.

CM_Jericho
11-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Difficult to decide... the mid-card is pretty awesome right now!

Tenzach
11-29-2011, 11:44 PM
I voted for Ziggler, but both will be main eventers in the near future for sure.

Mtt08 xXx
11-29-2011, 11:45 PM
im a little shocked at how lopsided this is in favor of ziggler so far (currently 13:8)

M_Truth16
11-30-2011, 02:51 AM
It was a tough decision as I think both superstars are great and have a bright future. I had to go with Dolph though because I think right now he is a bit ahead of Rhodes but both of these guys are going to be stars sooner rather then later.

AreYaSerious
11-30-2011, 03:28 AM
I voted for Rhodes, and that's because I've followed Rhodes' since day one. I didn't like his voice during the undashing gimmick, but I didn't realize it was part of the gimmick. Ziggler impresses me more and more, but I can't wait until he drops Vickie.

jelle1809
11-30-2011, 03:52 AM
In my opinion, Dolph Ziggler has more flair and charisma to be a main event star. So I'll go with the Ziggels and Giggels

PSOjedi
11-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Both men are doing a great job but I vote Dolph Ziggler.

Robareid
11-30-2011, 05:04 AM
They are both great but I went with Ziggler. I see both of them reaching great heights though

steveorton
11-30-2011, 06:14 AM
I'm a fan of both and what both to achieve greatness. But imo All Rhodes Lead To Victory.

Mikeyboy7777777
11-30-2011, 07:37 AM
first i want to see ziggler as a full blown face rhodes was terrible as a face simply because he was the rookie and had nothing to do but that can change ofcourse i'm split between them both great heels great chemistry with anybody they face and young talented guys

wrestlingfan66513
11-30-2011, 09:05 AM
I vote Rhodes. He made every crappy gimmick he was given work for him. I think he is the more rounded guy also

The American disaster
11-30-2011, 11:57 AM
I like both men But i think ziggler is the better man imo at least right now anyway. alot of you say that Cody is better on the mic but i think your wrong he's got that lissssssp and i find his promos are cheesy, dont get me wrong i like codys promo work but i hated they way he talked when he wore his mask. And if you think ziggler is bad on the mic check out his work on NXT and ryders show he reminds me of a young y2j

SDR
11-30-2011, 12:13 PM
this is a tough one, these are my favorite wrestlers.... Dolph is great but l'm going to chose Cody Rhodes because of the fact that I don't think Mr.Perfect or Shawn Michaels or (God forbid) Billy Gun when I watch him wrestle. This is the way I see it, Dolph Ziggler is this generations Rock and Cody Rhodes will be this generations Stone Cold Steve Austin. They are both getting to the point where it is obvious that they are the future, but the reality is they will both get better with time.

Cynicism
11-30-2011, 12:19 PM
I voted for Rhodes, though I think Mr Ziggles is better in the ring and not far behind on the mic. I can see Dolph being used to make others look good and Rhodes being pushed for glory cause that's what Ziggles does so well

Danny92
11-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Has to be rhodes atm, ziggler's character seems a bit a bare the full I'm better than you thing has been done before, again rhodes looked amazing on smackdown and is better on the stick than Ziggles, on another note who would have thought VKM would push two quite small sized superstars this much :)

Wade Barrett 1979
11-30-2011, 02:51 PM
This was such a difficult pick!! Ziggler is great in the ring and sells like no other at the moment but I've had to nail my colours to the Cody mast!
His mic work is great, he's good in the ring and I'm really intrigued by his character, at the moment!!

Shining Light
11-30-2011, 04:45 PM
A few months back, I would say Cody Rhodes. But ask me now and I'd say Dolph Ziggler. He's caught my eye during the past couple of months and he is currently my No.1 pick to win the Royal Rumble