PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Mafia?

Patrick
10-16-2010, 02:03 AM
Okay. Fourtune has obviously grown. The only logical way for the to disband is to have them feud with another team. A team that is based off of only TNA exposure. A team with no prior history with any other company. A team so well known that it became legendary almost instantly. I am talking about the Main Event Mafia. They've been disbanded for about a year now, and I feel that the few guys left in TNA that were part of the Mafia will be retiring within the next year. So it only makes sense for TNA writing to script out a return feud. We have Angle, Sting and Nash still with the company. That leaves Booker and Steiner. Booker will be the harder one to sign as he is expecting children soon as well as his wrestling school getting in the way. As far as I know Big Poppa Pump has only been working indy shows. I would say the best way to handle this would be to have a legend already in TNA that was not part of the mafia to allign with Sting and Nash. Maybe Dreamer?

It would only make sense due to his rivalry with fourtune. That way you would have a bit of a pre-existing relationship between him and the rest of the members. Once Steiner is signed TNA could pull it off with Angle, Nash, Sting, Steiner and Dreamer re-creating the MEM. Imagine. For weeks Nash and Sting threaton fourtune and team hogan with their "They". End of impact. Hardy just defended his title. Team Hogan and Fourtune celebrate in the ring. Lights go out. Its dark. A minute goes by without a sound. Then the music hits. Enter the Main Event Mafia.

A.Graham
10-16-2010, 03:26 AM
They won't rebuild the MEM they will have a series of matches it'll be RVD v Jeff Hardy, Angle or Samoa Joe v Jeff Jarrett then Fortune v a team of faces like Mr Anderson, Whoever doesn't face Jarrett(probably Joe), The Pope, maybe Sting and Nash but that probably won't happen it'll be Brian Kendrick(previous feud with Fortune) and a tag team like Ink Inc (Machine Guns will be facing 3D). I think that would be a better way to play out the storyline. Btw I'm really liking Hardy's new character, he plays the psycho thing well.

TNA 'The very best'
10-16-2010, 05:55 AM
According to this website nash has def left and i think sting is following.
best stable to face these guys.
RVD
DREAMER
KURT ANGLE
KENDRICK
INK INC
ANDERSON
JOE

SilverGhost
10-16-2010, 08:38 AM
MEM won't be back....

The team that will face the New Regime will probably be the Frontline. Frontline 2.0

Tommy Thunder
10-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Before anyone else does so, allow ME to give MY infinite on this matter!

I'll be very surprised to see the MEM back. As noted, Nash has left, Sting is also likely to leave soon. I doubt Steiner will be back, and Booker is taking time off while his wife is pregnant. A face team with Anderson, Dreamer, Joe, RVD, Angle, and prehaps Inc Ink as the resident tag team for the faction.

Now THAT, is infinite wisdom!

A.Graham
10-16-2010, 12:28 PM
That's not really infinite wisdom is it? It's just agreeing with what we all said

SilverGhost
10-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Nah MCMG for the tag team to represent the team that will face NWO 2.0 or New Regime

Tommy Thunder
10-16-2010, 01:10 PM
That's not really infinite wisdom is it? It's just agreeing with what we all said

Proving that we all have infinite wisdom.

Rich Cranium
10-16-2010, 01:34 PM
How about this team:
Kurt Angle
RVD
Samoa Joe
Jeff Hardy

Finally bring in his brother Matt as a surprise perhaps during a match to stir the pot.

I don't think Dreamer is an option as he is nearing in ring retirement and would be better served on the creative side.

A.Graham
10-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Proving that we all have infinite wisdom.

That's a nice save.

merhardt03
10-16-2010, 03:13 PM
That it was lol. But the dream stable being mentioned is a damn good idea. We will wait n see if this or something close to it happens. U MAD??? I love that catchphrase ha.

MackMays05
10-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Mafia must return,Sting Kurt Steiner Booker Nash and my guy Scott Hall and of course Joe!Sorry dreamer,no ecw in the mafia,ev 2.0 will fight the immortals early in the angle and get crushed to build up the immortals rep so when all seems lost,the Mafia shows up with NO WARNING on impact and its deathdrops,anklelocks,recliners,bookends,a jacknife and outsiders edges across the board!Those guys(Mafia)deserve to go out with a bang and on top and what true fan wouldn't dig that?Suckkaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick
10-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Thank you for all your input you guys. But let me say this. How many times has Sting "retired"? What about big sexy? My point being it is a very possible outcome for TNA. And besides, who wouldn't mark out if MEM returned like that?

wallyman
10-16-2010, 07:37 PM
maybe this will b the chance for aj to turn face :)...that will b sweet but fortune is nothing without him so idk

MackMays05
10-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Had nothin to mark out over in a long time!

MattElder
10-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Mafia must return,Sting Kurt Steiner Booker Nash and my guy Scott Hall and of course Joe!Sorry dreamer,no ecw in the mafia,ev 2.0 will fight the immortals early in the angle and get crushed to build up the immortals rep so when all seems lost,the Mafia shows up with NO WARNING on impact and its deathdrops,anklelocks,recliners,bookends,a jacknife and outsiders edges across the board!Those guys(Mafia)deserve to go out with a bang and on top and what true fan wouldn't dig that?Suckkaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The deathdrops and anckle locks sound great.and maybe dreamer could make it into as new MEM but it would need to be stronger and i cant believe noone as suggested the whole F'ing show as a new member of MEM.
What about a new team angle? bring in Shelton and Charlie add a few like J Leathel and ink ink. It could bring on the younger talent and make a great show.
what you guys think?

Red devil
10-18-2010, 11:13 AM
How about
Angle
Benjamin
Haas
Matt hardy
Joe
Sting
Rhino
Mick foley