PDA

View Full Version : the handling of john cena's heel turn

loudpack
11-29-2011, 05:36 PM
To get straight to the point, many people say WWE's product has fallen since 2004, even before the pg era. john cena appears to be turning heel soon(looks can be deceiving). Who can realistically be the new face of the company? I personally feel db is being groomed for that position but I can't even really back my claim except by discussing his recent push. I just don't see anyone else besides cena successfully filling that slot. So, my question is, in the event of john cena turning heel, who can be the one to replace him at the top and why?

Y2Jryder
11-29-2011, 05:39 PM
my sig,

just because he has charisma, mic skills, and decent in-ring skills

CM_SUXX_NOT
11-29-2011, 05:57 PM
my sig,

I assume in your sig, the W logo stands for willy?

Childish humour aside, I hope he gets a mega-push as he is really good, able to get a great crowd reaction too. The crowd at the house show I went to loved him

BlazersDozen
11-29-2011, 05:58 PM
After last night, I was pretty positive that Cena is going heel. I think they'll use Punk & Orton as the faces of the company for now while they groom multiple guys to fill John's role. Maybe finally realizing that in wrestling, quanity is better so I predict more balanced wins/losses among the rosters in the future & less murder squashes.

Subject Zero
11-29-2011, 05:58 PM
The Miz didnt WWE already say they wanted him to be the Number 1 guy for years to come.

Bruiser jones
11-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Randy orton. I can see him getting drafted to raw next year and punk to sd

Mtt08 xXx
11-29-2011, 06:11 PM
if Cena does turn, which I think he will, it will be at wrestlemania. he'll be in the rocks hometown in front of a crowd which is already turning on him. if he doesn't do it then, I can't see it happening.

as for the future guy, I think the Miz eventually will turn face and be that guy. for now it'll be punk and orton

Subject Zero
11-29-2011, 06:12 PM

LOL at this

No way is WWE going to move there Biggest Superstar, Highest Merchandise seller to its 2nd TV show.

More realisticly it will be someone like Del Rio or The Miz if Randy Orton becomes Number 1.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-29-2011, 06:14 PM
As I've mentioned elsewhere, I don't believe the Piper's Pit segment was a heel turn set up, I think it was a further strengthening of his, 'Rise Above Hate,' deal he has going on!!

Mtt08 xXx
11-29-2011, 06:16 PM

I could never see this. punks whole gimmick is his anti establishment "what's he gonna say" deal. that doesn't work on Smackdown since its recorded. he's also their current top guy, he'd never be on the B show

LMPunker
11-29-2011, 06:19 PM
As I've mentioned elsewhere, I don't believe the Piper's Pit segment was a heel turn set up, I think it was a further strengthening of his, 'Rise Above Hate,' deal he has going on!!

agreed i dont think they'll pull the trigger with the heel turn its more then the merchandise that cena does its the make a wish stuff he does and that is why he wont turn heel

twoot2
11-29-2011, 06:44 PM
I was almost convinced that Cena was going to turn heel on Pipers pit last night but he didnt who knows this could lead to a massive heel turn over the next few weeks possibly even at WM itself but i just dont really see it happening with him still being the superhero to 2-5 year old kids and with all this rise above hate crap pretending he doesnt care whether or not he gets booed when he really does.

kersh
11-29-2011, 06:58 PM
they cant turn him. like Twoot said. the make a wish stuff will stop him going anywhere near a full heel turn.
what we might get is a more darker image. a bit like HBK did when he turned on Hogan,

Bruiser jones
11-29-2011, 07:20 PM
I could never see this. punks whole gimmick is his anti establishment "what's he gonna say" deal. that doesn't work on Smackdown since its recorded. he's also their current top guy, he'd never be on the B show

O ok u guess u know punk very well then

Bruiser jones
11-29-2011, 07:26 PM
The Miz didnt WWE already say they wanted him to be the Number 1 guy for years to come.

They also said miz was gonna introduce a new title earlier this year. They also said the titles would be unified by wm. They also said brodus clay was supposed to debut awhile ago. They also said kevin nash would face cm punk at night of champs. My point is things change jr

Mtt08 xXx
11-29-2011, 07:30 PM
O ok u guess u know punk very well then

did I claim to know cm punk? lol no.

that his gimmick, its not really disputable. maybe you could see him on Smackdown, which is fine because its your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I can't. that's what this place is for, opinions.

Bruiser jones
11-29-2011, 07:35 PM
did I claim to know cm punk? lol no.

that his gimmick, its not really disputable. maybe you could see him on Smackdown, which is fine because its your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I can't. that's what this place is for, opinions.

Could u see sheamus as a face wat about mark henry as a monster heel or khali going from unstopable to jobber

evilgenius780
11-29-2011, 07:37 PM
they cant turn him. like Twoot said. the make a wish stuff will stop him going anywhere near a full heel turn.
what we might get is a more darker image. a bit like HBK did when he turned on Hogan,

I agree, his work with make a wish, among other things, are why he will be the top baby face for a while yet. When the kids lose interest, then we will see a heel turn

Mtt08 xXx
11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Could u see sheamus as a face wat about mark henry as a monster heel or khali going from unstopable to jobber

well sheamus' face turn on Smackdown has seemed to land him in the number two role behind orton on SD.
and Henry already is a monster heel, and khali is already a jobber. I don't really understand your post man

Bruiser jones
11-29-2011, 07:51 PM
well sheamus' face turn on Smackdown has seemed to land him in the number two role behind orton on SD.
and Henry already is a monster heel, and khali is already a jobber. I don't really understand your post man

Im asking did u ever see those things happening

Mtt08 xXx
11-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Im asking did u ever see those things happening

not necessarily, but they all happened. im not exactly sure how this is relevant to what this thread is about/what we were originally talking about

D-Rock
11-29-2011, 09:30 PM
I was almost convinced that Cena was going to turn heel on Pipers pit last night but he didnt who knows this could lead to a massive heel turn over the next few weeks possibly even at WM itself but i just dont really see it happening with him still being the superhero to 2-5 year old kids and with all this rise above hate crap pretending he doesnt care whether or not he gets booed when he really does.

That's exactly what made me even consider him turning. It was perfect for them to bring in one of the greatest inbetweeners ( I know it's not really a word but hey...) ever, to point that out to Cena.

Fan4Now
11-29-2011, 09:32 PM
LOL at this

No way is WWE going to move there Biggest Superstar, Highest Merchandise seller to its 2nd TV show.

More realisticly it will be someone like Del Rio or The Miz if Randy Orton becomes Number 1.

I could definitely see Orton being drafted to Raw if Cena turned heel (which PROBABLY WON'T happen) They're trying to get Foley/Piper to get ppl to like him. Plus, I think the Rock Bottom on him at Survivor Series, was meant to make ppl that hate him, feel sorry for him. May sound silly, but even ppl who used to hate Cena, on here, & in person, that I know are starting to say: it sucks that Rock is burying Cena. I think in the end of this silly s/l, it will have all been in an effort to make Cena haters come to his side.

As for Punk taking the # 1 spot. I agree w/ Bruiser, they probably wouldn't even wait until the draft, they'd bring Orton right over, & either switch Punk to SD, or leave Punk, Cena, & Orton on Raw, & use DB (Hence the push), Sheamus, & Y2J/Taker as SD's BIG 3! VKM has left SD before w/o an EXTREMELY Over Face. I don't care how many shirts Punk sells. VKM seems to me in the last few yrs, like a guy who'll say. Punk can sell as many shirts on SD too, then put him back in midcard if he doesn't.

BOTTOM LINE: I still (MY OWN OPINION) don't think VKM believes anyone, but Orton could take a heel Cena's # 1 spot on RAW! He put Punk over, which thrills me, but when it really comes down to it. I don't think he'd trust Punk to carry Raw, w/o Orton, or maybe a returning active HHH, or if The Rock were to come back. I know he won't, but these are MY OWN OPINIONS!

Mtt08 xXx
11-29-2011, 09:43 PM
would RAW need to actually bring someone over? since its the whole super show and all and every top guy is on every monday anyway

Bruiser jones
11-29-2011, 10:09 PM
not necessarily, but they all happened. im not exactly sure how this is relevant to what this thread is about/what we were originally talking about

Omg u said u cant see punk goin to sd and then thats when I said could u see mark henry all of a sudden a monster heel,or khali going from unstopable to a jobber or sheamus as a face? No u couldnt but they happened. And the whole point of me sayin all that is just cause u cant see somethin happenin doesnt mean it wont

Bruiser jones
11-29-2011, 10:12 PM
I could definitely see Orton being drafted to Raw if Cena turned heel (which PROBABLY WON'T happen) They're trying to get Foley/Piper to get ppl to like him. Plus, I think the Rock Bottom on him at Survivor Series, was meant to make ppl that hate him, feel sorry for him. May sound silly, but even ppl who used to hate Cena, on here, & in person, that I know are starting to say: it sucks that Rock is burying Cena. I think in the end of this silly s/l, it will have all been in an effort to make Cena haters come to his side.

As for Punk taking the # 1 spot. I agree w/ Bruiser, they probably wouldn't even wait until the draft, they'd bring Orton right over, & either switch Punk to SD, or leave Punk, Cena, & Orton on Raw, & use DB (Hence the push), Sheamus, & Y2J/Taker as SD's BIG 3! VKM has left SD before w/o an EXTREMELY Over Face. I don't care how many shirts Punk sells. VKM seems to me in the last few yrs, like a guy who'll say. Punk can sell as many shirts on SD too, then put him back in midcard if he doesn't.

BOTTOM LINE: I still (MY OWN OPINION) don't think VKM believes anyone, but Orton could take a heel Cena's # 1 spot on RAW! He put Punk over, which thrills me, but when it really comes down to it. I don't think he'd trust Punk to carry Raw, w/o Orton, or maybe a returning active HHH, or if The Rock were to come back. I know he won't, but these are MY OWN OPINIONS!

I agree with this^^^^^^

loudpack
11-29-2011, 10:21 PM

Honestly I wouldn't trust punk neither. Well, not punk, I wouldn't trust the fans. Unless the fans choose punk as their face as they did with Austin, than I'd roll with it. I like punk but I don't think he can hold they "key" audience's attention and support. OR, if db would be bret to punk's shawn micheals in a couple years punk could be the face of The company

LegendsMadeWrestling
11-29-2011, 10:46 PM

Sorry buddy but I will never be on Cena's side until the day he retires. I served 6 years in the marines and we watched some PPV's when we got the chance all of us are John Cena haters (Well his character) he can keep kissing his bulls*** army tags which he got for making a cheesy a** movie, this whole I respect the armed forces, I never give up on those who wear there colors proud and just kisses the fans ass is just getting annoying and if you don't see that your just a Cena mark who don't know what wrestling entertainment was all about. I respect your opinion an all but for you to say The Rock is burying John Cena is all crap, John Cena got a taste of his own medicine for what he has been doing for the last 4 years and that's burying the rest of the roster.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/302013_278231178861466_247118128639438_1081489_962 762899_n.jpg

Fan4Now
11-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Sorry buddy but I will never be on Cena's side until the day he retires. I served 6 years in the marines and we watched some PPV's when we got the chance all of us are John Cena haters (Well his character) he can keep kissing his bulls*** army tags which he got for making a cheesy a** movie, this whole I respect the armed forces, I never give up on those who wear there colors proud and just kisses the fans ass is just getting annoying and if you don't see that your just a Cena mark who don't know what wrestling entertainment was all about. I respect your opinion an all but for you to say The Rock is burying John Cena is all crap, John Cena got a taste of his own medicine for what he has been doing for the last 4 years and that's burying the rest of the roster.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/302013_278231178861466_247118128639438_1081489_962 762899_n.jpg

If you would have read correctly. I said ppl I know & ppl on here who I've seen hate Cena said The Rock was burying him. I feel like they're still trying to get ppl to like him. Not turn him heel. If you look on another thread I posted in. I say the same thing as you. Cena deserves it. He's been burying guys for yrs! I respect your service to our country & I don't like Cena anymore than you do. TRUST ME!!

Lyonett1169
11-29-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't post often, but here's my piece.. I agree with mtt08 xXx, honestly I don't think there needs to be a filler face on RAW. Cena as a heel will take up like 30-40% of the show for a while, and will be good veiwing (lots of love and hate for him).. keep us AND creative with some new material. Thing is, once this happens the person who becomes the initial face will need to be someone close to main eventer like Miz (who I think is an excellent wrestler, needs new gear & non-scripted promos) or someone with the appearance of a superstar (like Ryan, Riley etc..) and build the mic skills as they go. The reason being, your going to put someone out there to stand up to his turn for what I'd assume to be about a month or so on 40% of the shows air time.. great way to invent another main event monster. I think the caliper of Cena turning heel will gain WWE about 2 mid-card to main event upgrades. Lets just hope they don't waste it. By the way, I'm not a HUGE Cena fan, but he's a beast and turning him heel would be badass.. I'm just saying.. What you guys think?

CM_Jericho
11-29-2011, 11:27 PM
If Y2J does return... I really think he will be a face at least for awhile. He can carry the company, along with The Miz (he will turn face sooner than later). Cena can turn heel with no worries if this is in place. Orton really, really needs a heel turn as well.

URATOOL
11-29-2011, 11:29 PM
my sig,

This post is gonna get bumped when you get a sig containing someone like Titus or Yoshi. Be warned.

BlazersDozen
11-29-2011, 11:31 PM

& his rise above hate gimmick is a perfect heel gimmick.

Fan4Now
11-29-2011, 11:34 PM
if y2j does return... I really think he will be a face at least for awhile. He can carry the company, along with the miz (he will turn face sooner than later). Cena can turn heel with no worries if this is in place. Orton really, really needs a heel turn as well.

i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^

CrowOfMurders
11-29-2011, 11:40 PM

THIS is the opinion from a REAL marine I've always wanted to read/hear.(Although I have some cop/army buddies who share the sentiment) Cena's biggest problem isn't his in-ring ability, he's just been the biggest phony from day one,he started as a fake-@$$ rapper to a fake-@$$ movie soldier, to a fake-@$$ superhero god knows what his fake-@$$ is gonna be now. He can work a mic,but charismatic? interesting? entertaining? controversial? he hasn't been any of those his entire career. Heel or not,he needs to get it through his thick gorilla skull(and Vince's) that people see through his fake-@$$ and it's not gonna cut it anymore. Also, I don't get all the butthurt about the Make-a-Wish foundation wishes. Cena grants the most wishes and makes the most appearances, that's the only thing I can respect about the guy,but all the kids dying/sick won't all keel over because Cena turns heel/changes his superhero shtick. Some of the greatest superstars in history evolved their character for years,and the most popular superstars in wrestling were in the NWO,D-X or were Stone Cold, and The Rock, none of which were cookiecutter 80's Hogan ripoffs. A badass Cena would get MORE kids as fans. That's why Wolverine and Batman are two of the most popular most iconic characters of all time.

ed is dead
11-29-2011, 11:57 PM
i don't think there's anything else left for cena to do except turn heel at this stage of his career. it'd be a new chapter in his career and he'd be putting over the new generation.

LegendsMadeWrestling
11-30-2011, 12:17 AM
If you would have read correctly. I said ppl I know & ppl on here who I've seen hate Cena said The Rock was burying him. I feel like they're still trying to get ppl to like him. Not turn him heel. If you look on another thread I posted in. I say the same thing as you. Cena deserves it. He's been burying guys for yrs! I respect your service to our country & I don't like Cena anymore than you do. TRUST ME!!

Yeah that was a my bad I didn't read it correctly.

Tomsta666
11-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Haven't read the entire thread just the OP. But if anyone is replacing Cena as #1 face it's Ryder!

WOO WOO WOO!!

Lyonett1169
11-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Legendsmadewrestling, well your're just a bum. Aside from the fact you have no idea what your talking about, you can't spell either. Please stop posting without at least doing a few google searches about whatever it is you plan on ranting about. Thanks man!

IrkenInvader
11-30-2011, 12:51 AM
He won't turn heel. Even if he did it won't be shocking, knowing Vince we'll see it coming before he does.

ShockMaster
11-30-2011, 01:25 AM
He won't turn heel. Even if he did it won't be shocking, knowing Vince we'll see it coming before he does.

We also thought the Rock wasn't coming back. And that Jeff hardy would stop doing drugs after his first fuckup. And that Morrison was gonna be a top tier WWE superstar.

Murphdogg4
11-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Where the hell do you guys get a heel turn out the Pipers pit segment? It was a obvious ploy by the WWE to use Piper to get Cena over with the older fans, the same as Micks segment was. Dear god he mentioned the Military's name and the Make a wish kids to drop a guilt grenade on the fans that boo him.

Y2Jryder
11-30-2011, 10:19 AM
This post is gonna get bumped when you get a sig containing someone like Titus or Yoshi. Be warned. When I have a sig with Titus or Yoshi, and it's not to mock them, than I'm gonna kill myself

SDR
11-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Where the hell do you guys get a heel turn out the Pipers pit segment? It was a obvious ploy by the WWE to use Piper to get Cena over with the older fans, the same as Micks segment was. Dear god he mentioned the Military's name and the Make a wish kids to drop a guilt grenade on the fans that boo him.

I just became a fan of Murphdogg4. John Cena doesn't need to turn, for all of the reasons he mentioned on Pipers Pit.... if you read my posts you should know I tend to be in favor of the heels, but Cena and Rey are two exceptions.... look at the people they have put over in the past few years.

Bruiser jones
11-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Haven't read the entire thread just the OP. But if anyone is replacing Cena as #1 face it's Ryder!

WOO WOO WOO!!

O please give me a break

Subject Zero
11-30-2011, 01:30 PM
They also said miz was gonna introduce a new title earlier this year. They also said the titles would be unified by wm. They also said brodus clay was supposed to debut awhile ago. They also said kevin nash would face cm punk at night of champs. My point is things change jr

Things do change all the time in WWE we all know this but alot of people still see the Miz as the next face of the company.

Its just after the rise of CM Punk its hard not too push Punk ahead of anyone else.

But i still think the Miz will eventually become the new EDGE.

wwesuperfan09/29/89
11-30-2011, 01:39 PM
look here is the deal cena would turn heel then all those who boo him would love him. i think just leave it be let the kids continue to love him and let the adults hate him. cause at wrestlemania it will be just like the rock vs hogan match a dream match that we all wanted. it will be two generations colliding and the fans will enjoy every bit of it.

LegendsMadeWrestling
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Legendsmadewrestling, well your're just a bum. Aside from the fact you have no idea what your talking about, you can't spell either. Please stop posting without at least doing a few google searches about whatever it is you plan on ranting about. Thanks man!

School is out MuthaF***** what are you some sort of spelling check B**** get Hell outta here with your nonsense. Don't get mad cuz everyone is talking about your Wet Dream poster boy John Cena