Necroyeti
11-29-2011, 03:27 PM
23rd December 2011, 7:30pm EST
Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
http://i.imgur.com/UjqXu.png

CARD
(subject to change)

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Davey Richards (c) (w/ Team Richards) vs. Eddie Edwards (w/ Dan "The Beast" Severn)

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (c) vs. The Briscoes

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Jay Lethal (c) vs. El Generico vs. Mike Bennett (w/ Brutal Bob Evans)

RODERICK STRONG INVITATIONAL
Roderick Strong (w/ Truth Martini) vs. ????

NO-DISQUALIFICATION GRUDGE MATCH
Steve Corino vs. Kevin Steen
(w/ Jimmy Jacobs as special guest referee, and Jim Cornette & Cary Silkin at ringside)

TAG TEAM GAUNTLET MATCH - #1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Young Bucks vs. Future Shock vs. Caprice & Cedric vs. The Bravados vs. The All Night Express

JIMMY RAVE'S RETURN MATCH
"The Dominant Male" Tomasso Ciampa (w/ The Embassy) vs. Jimmy Rave

SINGLES MATCH
TJ Perkins vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (w/ Truth Martini)

Click here to ORDER NOW from GoFightLive.tv!
http://i.imgur.com/RPaH9.jpg (http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Ring_of_Honor___Final_Battle_2011/1236)

Automatic
11-29-2011, 03:32 PM
That is an awesome poster.

Necroyeti
11-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Necro's thoughts:

Richards vs. Edwards III - This is gonna be off the fucking charts... Although I don't see how they could possibly top their match at Best in the World, which was most definitely a MOTY contender. I imagine that this match will mostly serve to progress their feud further and promote some desperately needed character development - namely, turning Edwards fully heel. I hear that since Edwards took on Severn as his new trainer, he has started to become much more aggressive/brutal in his matches at SOTF and GBH, as well as adopting the Dragon Clutch as a finishing maneuver. Shenanigans aside, this should tell a great story and should end up being a great, four star plus match.

WGTT vs. Briscoes - Another match that should be fantastic - even if it is another match we've already seen this year. (9th anniversary show) Haas and Benjamin, despite being fairly solid since coming to ROH, have appeared pretty lackluster both in-ring and personality-wise. Perhaps that's just due to the massive amounts of hype surrounding them, I dunno. Nonetheless, after holding the belts for the fat end of 2011, I think it's time for Dem Boyz to take the titles here, especially given recent happenings on television. Tag team wrestling is *BY FAR* Ring of Honor's strongest asset at the moment, with their tag roster somehow managing to remain ridiculously stacked even after losing the Kings of Wrestling to WWE. Jay and Mark have proved themselves to be fantastic and unique characters time and time again, and are two of the very few guys on the current roster who are great on the mic AS WELL AS in the ring. With those guys representing the top tag team in the company, it lends a lot of extra strength to the division, and perhaps hides some of its weaknesses.

Roderick Strong Invitational - Essentially, it's Roderick Strong taking on a mystery opponent. There's already a thread where I discussed likely candidates of who I thought it might have been. A wrestler from Pro Wrestling NOAH is my favourite choice at the moment - quite possibly the return of KENTA (provided he doesn't win the GHC Heavyweight Title on the next NOAH show)

Corino vs. Steen - I'm fairly certain that Kevin Steen gets "re-signed" to Ring of Honor if he wins this match, so suffice to say MY BODY IS FUCKING READY. Everything is pointing towards some kind of swerve/shenanigans, but I can't decide exactly what I think the outcome is going to be. Obviously Steen wins, but who will heel it up and align himself with him? Jacobs? Corino? Cornette? Any mixture of the three? I'm not so much looking forward to this match as I am looking forward to its aftermath - and the inevitable Steen-Richards match for the title. OOFT!

The rest of the card (predictions) -
TV Title rematch: Lethal vs. Generico. If this happens, Lethal will retain but somehow Generico will NOT finish this match looking weak in any way. I am fully predicting Generico will move into the main event picture in 2012, or even hold the world title! I think it would be great having someone with his personality being champion of a company that often gets a ton of flack about having a bunch of bland guys.
TJ Perkins vs. Michael Elgin: Just a good midcard match that makes some sense. Gotta keep Elgin strong for his upcoming title shot, while showing off the skills of new signee TJP.
Three way #1 contendership for the tag titles: Young Bucks vs. ANX vs. Future Shock. A fun spotfest to get the crowd all riled up, and build up for the next iPPV. Any team would make a good number one contender out of those three really - and there's a chance for a final deathmatch showdown between ANX and the Briscoes too!

Overall, I'm looking forward to this iPPV, although not nearly as much as Final Battle 2010 or Best in the World. No doubt it will be a solid show well worth 15 dollars though.

Robareid
11-30-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm proper hyped for Final Battle. Oh and Briscoes need to win, WGTT's reign has been boring, having them chase the titles may be more interesting

Murphdogg4
11-30-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm proper hyped for Final Battle. Oh and Briscoes need to win, WGTT's reign has been boring, having them chase the titles may be more interesting

Agreed, with the new tv deal the Briscoes need to be on top

Necroyeti
11-30-2011, 10:06 PM
New match added to OP:

ROH TV champion Jay Lethal will defend his TV title against El Generico and Mike Bennett at Final Battle 2011

capn-edu
11-30-2011, 11:41 PM
It looks amazing just add a three way #1 contender three way for the tag titles
and it might even be the ppv of the year for ROH
btw necro im loving your sig with joe

Murphdogg4
11-30-2011, 11:43 PM
It looks amazing just add a three way #1 contender three way for the tag titles
and it might even be the ppv of the year for ROH
btw necro im loving your sig with joe

yeah the sig does kick ass. I reminds me of the cover of a Apter mag way back in the day.

Robareid
12-07-2011, 02:57 PM
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/tag-team-gauntlet-final-battle-2011

New match added. Good way to get all the tag teams on the card, I assume ANX pick up the win here

Necroyeti
12-07-2011, 03:35 PM
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/tag-team-gauntlet-final-battle-2011

New match added. Good way to get all the tag teams on the card, I assume ANX pick up the win here
Added to the OP, thanks for the heads up.

Prediction-wise, I'm giving this one to The Young Bucks. ROH seem to be pushing them quite hard since they arrived from that fed down in Florida... BUT I don't predict they'll be hotshotting the belts on them on their very first shot. I'm still under the impression that Dem Boyz are winning the straps at Final Battle, but ultimately serving as transitional champs for the All-Night Express to finally win the belts at a final Briscoes-ANX showdown, either at the Anniversary show or Mania weekend. In this case, the Bucks fill the role of "credible filler challengers". Futhermore, this may serve as an opportunity to ignite a mini-feud between Future Shock and one of the other two teams for television purposes.

I think it will be a fun undercard spotfest that will serve its purpose nicely. Like I've said many times before, the tag division is ROH's best asset at the moment, and this is a great way to showcase their tag talent.

capn-edu
12-07-2011, 10:22 PM
people please remind me if there will be a prediction contest :D

Bodom
12-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Bravado Bandwagon all the way.

Dubs
12-07-2011, 11:29 PM
The match I'm really looking forward to is Corino vs Steen. And you're right Necro. El Generico moving up to the main event scene after this match would be a step in the right direction since he basically doesn't have any reason to go for the TV Title anymore in my opinion.

Necroyeti
12-09-2011, 08:32 AM
More Final Battle news:

A very interesting name has contacted ROH officials requesting an opportunity to break the undefeated streak of The Embassy’s “Dominant Male” Tommaso Ciampa at Final Battle 2011. ROH officials have listened to that request and are in the process of finalizing the terms and conditions.

Oh please be Delerious :)

And right now, I'm under the assumption that Elgin vs. Perkins will probably be on the undercard somewhere.

Robareid
12-09-2011, 11:15 AM
More Final Battle news:

A very interesting name has contacted ROH officials requesting an opportunity to break the undefeated streak of The Embassy’s “Dominant Male” Tommaso Ciampa at Final Battle 2011. ROH officials have listened to that request and are in the process of finalizing the terms and conditions.

Oh please be Delerious :)

And right now, I'm under the assumption that Elgin vs. Perkins will probably be on the undercard somewhere.

If it's not Delirios, maybe Red? That would be cool

Elgin vs. Perkins souds really good, and makes sence too. The only way I see it not happening is if it ends up Elgin vs. Strong which I doubt it will

Necroyeti
12-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Elgin vs. TJP has now been confirmed for Final Battle.

Should be fun. Both guys really should be legitimate stars by 2013... whether they get shunted up to the main event scene, or sign with the E or whatever.

I guess there will be a Tomasso Ciampa match left to be put on. There's not much guys left on the roster for him to face, so I guess he'll be squashing Redwood or Ridge. Perhaps we'll see Ciampa vs. Homicide once more, but the card looks far too stacked already for that kind of thing.

capn-edu
12-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Elgin vs. TJP has now been confirmed for Final Battle.

Should be fun. Both guys really should be legitimate stars by 2013... whether they get shunted up to the main event scene, or sign with the E or whatever.

I guess there will be a Tomasso Ciampa match left to be put on. There's not much guys left on the roster for him to face, so I guess he'll be squashing Redwood or Ridge. Perhaps we'll see Ciampa vs. Homicide once more, but the card looks far too stacked already for that kind of thing.

agreed i think its far to stacked
and knowing the matches wont be lasting 20 mins but a lot more just keeps me thinking how they'll do it
and um didn't Richards go on an hour and so match a while ago
this is gonna be a longgggg match boi

Cabers
12-15-2011, 05:34 AM
I can't wait for this will easily be the best PPV of the year beating all the WWE and TNA PPVS.

Kill Steen Kill!!

I want to see the package piledriver that move is insane!!

Grind_Bastard
12-15-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't know how, but I'll have to watch this.

Necroyeti
12-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Final Video Wire before FB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeMSRFWNOms
Summary:

0:00- Kevin Steen attacks Davey Richards after a match at Glory By Honor (?) and Steve Corino makes the save.
1:06 - Steen cuts a promo in a swing park about his FB match against Steve Corino.
5:40 - Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team promo about their FB match against the Briscoes.
7:18 - TJ Perkins promo about his match against Michael Elgin.
8:48 - Young Bucks cut an awful promo about the tag team gauntlet match.
10:18 - JIMMY RAVE, HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!!! He wants to end Tomasso's streak!
12:04 - Footage of Richards/Edwards I from 2010
12:48 - Eddie "Eddie Edwards" Promo hyping Richard/Edwards III.

Necroyeti
12-20-2011, 08:21 PM
@steenisright:
http://i.imgur.com/kF6SH.jpg

2012 is going to be so awesome with mah boi Steen back. My anus is prepared for an anti-ROH stable of Steen/Jacobs/Edwards going about and fucking shit up.

Bodom
12-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Hearing that it might be Chris Hero vs Roderick Strong

Necroyeti
12-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Hearing that it might be Chris Hero vs Roderick Strong
Could be cool. I know they've faced each other in a TPI tournament ('05 or '06, I think) and presumably a few times in PWG, but I actually don't recall them ever facing each other in a singles match in ROH. Maybe they had a midcard match on some filler show during the whole No Remorse Corps / Sweet 'n Sour Inc thing, I dunno. Definitely some missed oppotunities right there.

With all due respect to Hero though, I'm still hoping that it's KENTA.

Necroyeti
12-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Quick card update:

Steen vs. Corino is now a no-disqualification match, and both Jim Cornette AND Cary Silkin will be at ringside.

Oooooh, interesting! Does this mean there will be a run-in? Does this mean Cornette will turn heel and join Steen? Does this mean Silkin will be eating a package piledriver? (the last one is rhetoric)

SilverGhost
12-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Could be cool. I know they've faced each other in a TPI tournament ('05 or '06, I think) and presumably a few times in PWG, but I actually don't recall them ever facing each other in a singles match in ROH. Maybe they had a midcard match on some filler show during the whole No Remorse Corps / Sweet 'n Sour Inc thing, I dunno. Definitely some missed oppotunities right there.

With all due respect to Hero though, I'm still hoping that it's KENTA.

Torn ACL dude.

Necroyeti
12-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Torn ACL dude.

Awww, shit. Marufuji finally comes back from injury, then they immediately lose KENTA to injury. (+ Ogawa and Bison (RIP))

Christ, NOAH just can't seem to catch a break.

SilverGhost
12-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Awww, shit. Marufuji finally comes back from injury, then they immediately lose KENTA to injury. (+ Ogawa and Bison (RIP))

Christ, NOAH just can't seem to catch a break.

I know :( I was expecting Marufuji/KENTA awesomeness again but looks like that won't happen....NOAH will tough it out though. 6 months to make a new star right?

Necroyeti
12-20-2011, 11:05 PM
6 months to make a new star right?
Could happen, but NOAH have a pretty notorious track record for being crap at building new stars - putting the title on Rikio, Morishima and even Marufuji all ended up being epic failures, each in their own way. (pushing the wrong guy/bad booking/not drawing enough)

I like Pro Wrestling NOAH a lot... but it seems like they have a lot of older guys hanging about who are too worn down to do any major "high-workrate" programs anymore, and too much young guys who aren't over enough to really carry the promotion. It's only been relatively recently that anyone's been built up close to that genuine superstar level, with Shiozaki's and Sugiura's great GHC Heavyweight title reigns.

But at least their Junior Heavyweight division is consistently great!

SilverGhost
12-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Could happen, but NOAH have a pretty notorious track record for being crap at building new stars - putting the title on Rikio, Morishima and even Marufuji all ended up being epic failures, each in their own way. (pushing the wrong guy/bad booking/not drawing enough)

I like Pro Wrestling NOAH a lot... but it seems like they have a lot of older guys hanging about who are too worn down to do any major "high-workrate" programs anymore, and too much young guys who aren't over enough to really carry the promotion. It's only been relatively recently that anyone's been built up close to that genuine superstar level, with Shiozaki's and Sugiura's great GHC Heavyweight title reigns.

But at least their Junior Heavyweight division is consistently great!

I'll leave this thread with this(since I derailed it mah bad lol): I like NOAH as well. It could be better by making new stars but the wrestling is just great. The Jrs. do such a great job as well! Some of the matches I like and the ones you shown me are from NOAH. I'm at the point in when a casual would ask me "Do you watch TNA or WWE?" I would answer "Pro Wrestling NOAH BEEYOTCH!" KENTA for GHC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! Shiozaki makes NOAH proud by being their champ, good call NOAH. Marufuji being back and still deliver good matches!(His return match was just awesome!) Can't wait for WK6! Maybe NOAH will have their wins there.

Necroyeti
12-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Yeah, NOAH is cool and WK6 will be incredible.

ENOUGH DERAILING

GO ORDER FINAL BATTLE 2011

HIPSTER KENTA KOMMANDS YOU

http://i.imgur.com/ug33d.jpg

FRIDAY, FRIDAY, FRIDAY

SilverGhost
12-20-2011, 11:42 PM
*Sees Hipster KENTA*

*Suicides*

Cabers
12-21-2011, 05:40 AM
I don't know how, but I'll have to watch this.

Telly Tv or desirulez will have a link or download link for this show up just keep an eye out for it.

Necroyeti
12-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Or... y'know.... order it live from here (http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Ring_of_Honor___Final_Battle_2011/1236), watch it live and support a company that actually needs/deserves it.

I mean, this isn't a money mark fed like TNA guys.

Cabers
12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Or... y'know.... order it live from here (http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Ring_of_Honor___Final_Battle_2011/1236), watch it live and support a company that actually needs/deserves it.

I mean, this isn't a money mark fed like TNA guys.

I would love nothing more than to support them but my computer is shit it always freezes the link!! So i end up having to watch a rip of it anyway.

Robareid
12-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Only money I actually spend in wrestling is on ROH PPVs. I pirate everything else (even ROH DVDs due to shipping costs), but ROH needs the money IMHO

Necroyeti
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Same here... matter of fact, I pirate tons of wrestling shows.* But the thing with Internet PPV is that it's a fairly new thing that doesn't really draw massive buyrates. Maybe 1000-2000 on a really good day for ROH, probably only a few hundred at best in the case of CZW and DGUSA.... So I reckon pirating and illegal streams and whatnot in this case actually hurts the entire iPPV business model, and my decision to buy them or not might actually make a difference on whether some companies want to continue running them. Besides, I really enjoy paying for the privilege to watch the shows live anyway - the quality's not always the greatest, but it's great not being spoiled on the results, and chatting with some homies in IRC while it's on.

Buying it THEN pirating it is an option, depends whether or not you get guilty about this kinda thing or not.

* - Mostly because I don't have a full-time job. I don't feel bad about stealing from Vince and Panda Energy, because they can afford it, but I do feel pretty guilty about stealing from the likes of Quack, Excalibur and THE DEEJ~. (Well, not so much DJ Hyde, since I probably wouldn't have actually paid for half of CZW's shows this year, but you know what I mean.)

Necroyeti
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Quick c&p job from the ROH website, hopefully educate some of y'all on who Jimmy Rave is.

---------------------------------------

WHO IS JIMMY RAVE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRt_yhx8yJc

That is who Jimmy Rave was at one point in his ROH career. But just seeing a video of him in action doesn’t sum up the road that brought him to that point, nor does it tell you just who this man has become in the months and years since. For a true look at former “Crown Jewel” of The Embassy, it is necessary to reflect back on how he got to the point where he has not seen the inside of an ROH ring since September 2009.

Rave first stepped into action at “Do or Die” way back in May of 2003 when he competed in a Four Corner Survival against CM Punk, Christopher Daniels, and Frankie Kazarian. Rave impressed enough to be brought back into the fold a few months later at the historic “Death Before Dishonor” event in July of the same year where he fell to Matt Stryker. The majority of Rave’s ROH rookie year was spent battling as part of the Field Of Honor tournament where he garnered some valuable experience against the likes of Colt Cabana, BJ Whitmer, and Dan Maff but was completely unsuccessful in his bracket.

Rave stepped up against Christopher Daniels & CM Punk in matches in the closing months of that year but victory was not to be his then either. It wasn’t until the first event of 2004, where Rave battled against Caprice Coleman, Rainman, and Todd Sexton in a Four Corner Survival, that he secured his first victory in Ring of Honor. The next several months of the year were as unsuccessful as those of 2003, culminating in a match at “World Title Classic” against the Generation Next group where if Jimmy lost he would be out of Ring of Honor. Unfortunately for him, that is exactly what happened as Rave lost, pinned by Austin Aries, and had to leave ROH.

His absence was short-lived however as Prince Nana was in the burgeoning stages of forming his Embassy and promising to unveil his Crown Jewel at “Reborn: Completion” in July of 2004. A very different Jimmy Rave stepped through the curtain that night, one who exuded disgust for the fans and for ROH itself, and he would go on to defeat Trent Acid that evening in New Jersey. Rave would go on an incredible win streak, not tasting defeat again until December when John Walters bested him in a pair of Pure Title matches.

2005 would prove a defining year in the career of Rave as he fought two of the greatest battles of his ROH tenure that year. The first began at “Third Anniversary Celebration Pt. 2” when AJ Styles made his return to ROH for the first time in a year to battle the man he had mentored, the man who had stolen AJ’s signature move in recent months, and renamed it The Rave Clash. That night in Dayton, Rave won, and the following night in Chicago, the other great rivalry of his ROH career was born when he defeated CM Punk after spraying something toxic into the eyes of the future ROH World Champion. On back-to-back nights, Rave beat two of the greatest competitors ROH has ever seen and started two wars that would shape his future.

The next several months saw Punk trying his best to get his hands on Rave to no avail. When the two men were chained together in a Dog Collar bout at “Manhattan Mayhem” in May 2005 the world though Punk would finally get his chance, but it was Rave, with the liberal use of a chair across the skull of Punk, that walked away victorious in NYC. One week later, at “Nowhere to Run”, with a future shot at the ROH World Title on the line, Rave finally got his just desserts when Punk beat him, but Jimmy showed everyone his toughness over the course of these wars.

The next several months saw AJ reenter the picture, scoring a victory over Rave at “Sign of Dishonor” but losing in a Street Fight at “The Homecoming” before it all culminated at “Glory by Honor IV” in a match that could only be ended when one competitor used the Clash on the other. AJ won, barring Rave from using the move anymore, but again Rave demonstrated how tough of a warrior he truly was. In the process of reaching resolution with AJ Styles, Rave also received his first ever Title bouts in ROH, challenging for both the Tag Titles & Pure Title in 2005, and also saw the foundations of war with Generation Next built. That GenNext war culminated at “Steel Cage Warfare” after months of back-and-forth where the whole of Generation Next beat the whole of The Embassy.

2006 would prove an uneven year for the Crown Jewel as he earned his first ever ROH World Title match, challenging Bryan Danielson at the “Fourth Anniversary Show”, but he would reach a roadblock named Davey Richards in the summer months, falling to him in three straight singles bouts. After several months of losing, Rave refocused himself, perfected a deadly Heel Hook submission, and embarked into a series of battles with Nigel McGuinness that wrapped up in a Fight Without Honor at “FYF: Finale” in April 2007. Rave floundered for the remainder of 2007, despite challenging for both the ROH World Title & the Tag Titles in the early months, and in July of that year, quietly stepped away from Ring of Honor.

A year and a half passed without so much as a word from Rave until he made a surprising reappearance at the “7th Anniversary Show” alongside Prince Nana’s reborn Embassy to battle Bryan Danielson, and his surprising partner, Colt Cabana! Rave returned with a vengeance, eventually narrowing his focus onto The Necro Butcher after suffering a loss at “Manhattan Mayhem III”. The Embassy viciously assaulted Necro, capped off with Rave locking in the Heel Hook and seriously injuring the leg of the Butcher. Little did he know that that one action would ultimately put him out of ROH again...

After a few months of doing all he could to avoid fighting Necro, Rave once more found himself strapped to a Dog Collar at “Final Countdown Tour: Chicago” with Necro Butcher on the other end. The match was brutal, bloody, and violent; leaving destruction throughout the Frontier Fieldhouse, and ending with Jimmy Rave defeated.

That night was the last the ROH faithful saw of Jimmy Rave until this went online (skip ahead to 10:18)…

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeMSRFWNOms

ROH officials have talked with Jimmy Rave in-depth prior to, and since, that interview became public and it is now 100% official that Jimmy Rave will battle “The Dominant Male” Tommaso Ciampa at “Final Battle 2011” THIS Friday night December 23rd! It has been over two years since we have seen Rave in action here in Ring of Honor, and we know how dangerous of an opponent he was then. What new tricks has he added to his repertoire since? Is there any other man who knows the mind of Prince Nana as well as Rave? Could that make all the difference? Ciampa has put down the likes of Colt Cabana and Homicide in 2011, will he add another legendary member of the ROH roster to his list to close out the year? Prince Nana had this to say…

“Jimmy Rave huh? Jimmy Rave? That man is the past of The Embassy my friend. Jimmy Rave laid the foundation many years ago, but the lifestyle that Prince Nana offers was too much for him. After that dirty Butcher beat him, Jimmy hid away from me, and stopped returning my calls, and that is no type of friend. I gave him everything he ever had. The Embassy made him, and now he wants to come back to Ring of Honor and beat my Project Ciampa? Well my friend, you’ve got another thing coming as that song says. This is a new time for The Embassy, a new era of undefeated greatness, and the Dominant One will show you that time has passed you by Jimmy Rave. The Embassy is forever, my friend, you are not.”

The Embassy’s past vs. The Embassy’s present. It’s Ciampa vs. Rave this Friday night! Tickets for “Final Battle 2011” are available now (https://www.rohwrestling.com/product/final-battle-2011-new-york-ny-december-23rd)or you can order it on iPPV right here. (http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Ring_of_Honor___Final_Battle_2011/1236)

Necroyeti
12-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Edwards vs. Richards I and II are up on ROH's website to watch for FREE (https://www.rohwrestling.com/media)

Automatic
12-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Edwards vs. Richards I and II are up on ROH's website to watch for FREE (https://www.rohwrestling.com/media)

Holy shit.

Robareid
12-22-2011, 04:18 AM

I've already seen them, but to me, this is a really wise move. If I was on the fence about buying the PPV, then watched one or both of these matches, then it would defiantly win me over

Cabers
12-22-2011, 06:16 AM

Thank You, Necroyeti watching these after i get home from work!! Roll on 4pm Irish time ;)

Necroyeti
12-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Another c&p job, (sorry about these) this time from Kevin Steen's twitter @KILLSTEENKILL

----------------

``The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.”
James Arthur Baldwin

In 48 hours, I'll be looking across the ring at someone I've admired for over a decade now, as we get ready to wage war on each other. I'll be looking at someone who I always considered a friend as he gets ready to referee the most important match of my life. I'll be looking ringside at someone who, as a kid, I used to watch on tv manage my favorite wrestlers like Davey Boy Smith and Owen Hart, never guessing that he'd one day try to ruin my career.

To say that the odds are against me is an understatement. But you know what? The odds have been stacked against me since the very beginning of my career. I never looked like someone who should be a wrestler. I never looked like an athlete. Yet I managed to work through those obstacles to become one of the most entertaining, unpredictable and appreciated wrestlers on the independent scene today.

I have wrestled all over the world for many, many great promotions, mainly Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in California and Ring Of Honor all over the U.S. What I am is a MUST-SEE attraction for any promotion I work for.

I thrive on being seen as an outcast and a nutcase. I thrive on having people try to sabotage my career because of how big of a threat I've become. I feed on all of that. So you can bet your ass I am absolutely thrilled about the way everything is shaping up for Final Battle.

Some of you might think, judging from my comments here and the comments I made in the last ROH videowire while hanging out in a kid's playground, that I am taking Friday night's battle lightly. Let me assure you, nothing is further from the truth.

I am confident. Not in my victory but in the fact that I will lay waste to several people, cause mayhem and chaos as only I can and finally bring back to ROH an aura of danger and imminent disaster that has been missing for too long now.

I do hope to walk out victorious. But I'm not going to be the guy that walks around saying ''when, not if, I win'' because the man I'm facing on Friday is Steve Fucking Corino. And until recently, I thought that man I was facing was nothing but a shell of the one I looked up to as I came up in the wrestling world.

But last month in Chicago, and ever since then, I've noticed something in Steve's eye that had been missing since last year's Final Battle. I see glimmers of fear. I see glimmers of hate. I see glimmers of Evil.
Steve has been claiming that it will be the Corino of old fighting me in NYC. The one who bled buckets, sold out the Hammerstein Ballroom and fought as dirty as he could until he had nothing left to give.

If that's true...if that's really the Corino that shows up in NYC -and I hope it is- then I can't be sure of my victory. But you can all be sure of one thing...

Violence is coming back to ROH in a huge way at Final Battle.

Let me end with this...
Steve, you wrote that 10 years ago, you were walking into the Hammerstein as the 27 year old ECW World Heavyweight Champion. And 10 years ago, I was sitting at home watching you do it with admiration in my eyes.

This time, however, I'm the one walking into Hammerstein at 27 years old. But I don't have a title to defend...yet. No. I'm actually walking in with absolutely nothing to lose.

And you know what they say about a man who's got nothing to lose...

Necroyeti
12-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Sit back, relax, and enjoy some #DEMBOYZ awesomeness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnzOZBtyP8Y

SilverGhost
12-22-2011, 03:37 PM
The Briscoes are awesome as hell! lol

Automatic
12-22-2011, 04:49 PM
I love the Briscoes so much.

Necroyeti
12-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Final Video Wire before Final Battle, guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50yTOZN9T-Y
I'll try some live transcription:

0:00 - Jimmy Jacobs cuts a promo. How far they've come. The journey. The months. The miles. To get to where they've been before. At Final Battle. He's dying for Steen to fight Steve Corino. The EVIL steve Corino. HE DA REF. What does Steen think that he'll be capable of? Where is he going to draw the line? Will he cut it down the middle. The only way he'll know is when he gets dere. Over to Corino. Steve Corino's not gonna beat him up, he's not gonna kill him, he's gonna get the Steve Corino who taught him about Evil 7 yrs ago. He's not got a lot of time left in wrestling. He wants to be remembered as a role model. He taught him everything he knew about evil. He don't wanna shake his hand. He wants him to wake up from his nightmare. He saw da light. At Final Battle he want him to see the light. His name is Steve Corino. For one more night, HE GON GIT EVIL Y'ALL!

4:08 - Bravados promo. (Holy shit the audio is low on this one) They haven't been winning any matches on TV or PPV, and they might not be able to buy Grandma presents. They've lost to all the teams in the gauntlet. They said before that 2011 would be the year of the Bravados, and it still can be. The Bravado Bandwagon is gon' be in the house at Final Battle!

6:35 - El Generico. Final Battle. Jay Lethal. Mike Bennett. You go down Amigos. OLEEEEEEEEE!

6:50 - Truth Martini being Elgin's mouthpiece. TJP is going 1 on 1 with Michael Elgin. He's got one shot to prove what he's made of. There are no Davids without Goliaths. He can show Ring of Honor what TJ Perkins is all about. Once in a lifetime opportunity. His dream's gonna be crushed. Onto Elgin: At final battle, his first, he's gonna do what he's done all 2011 - Prove Michael Elgin is UNBREAKABLE. Martini talked about opportunity. When it knocks, you better answer. He's not knocking HE COMING STRAIGHT THROUGHHHHH. Truth: "They say God created alllllllllllll men equal......... THEY WERE WRONG HAH HAH HAH" (Elgin's voice is weird for his face BTW)

9:00 - All Night Express. Bright Lights Baby! King runs down their opponents, and Titus burys them. Young bucks come in. "ooooooh im rhett titus".Squabble squabble rabble rabble. Security breaks it up.

10:29 - TO THE TEAM RICHARDS LOCKER ROOM. Richards says Edwards is growing a dark thing inside him. He puts him over, but he's totally mad because he trains with Severn now and tried to break O'Reilly's ankle. HE MUST CRUSH HIM, and he's sorry. It'll grow and consume them both UNLESS HE CRUSHES HIM. He is stuck in the bitterness of the past. He could bury him, but he won't and hasn't. He was Edwards' bro, and now Edwards wants to hurt him. The bitterness consumed him. HE MUST CRUSH HIM. No American Wolves anymore. Eddie Edwards. Davey Richards. FINAL BATTUL.

SilverGhost
12-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Sit back, relax, and enjoy some #DEMBOYZ awesomeness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnzOZBtyP8Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj6c7VuErLw

Tomsta666
12-22-2011, 09:48 PM
I've tried to watch ROH's TV show... didn't really hook me in.

Matches - Pretty good! Proper Wrestling.
Production Values - No wonder it only has limited circulation.

Should I give this PPV a shot or what?

SilverGhost
12-22-2011, 09:52 PM

ROH PPVs are always worth a shot!

Robareid
12-23-2011, 03:20 AM

ROH PPVs are absolutely amazing. Production values arnt too good but you generally get around three ****+ matches, but this is Final Battle, their Wrestlemania event so you could well get four or five

Necroyeti
12-23-2011, 03:25 AM

Depends.

The wrestling matches on the iPPVs are always miles better than the TV show. I can't stress that enough. Also, Final Battle is essentially Ring of Honor's Wrestlemania, their biggest show of the year.

However, if you're troubled by their production values, I'm not sure that you'll be entirely thrilled with watching an internet stream.

Either way, it's an absolute steal for a tenner.

SilverGhost
12-23-2011, 03:32 AM
Necro I know I am doing a bad thing here but I will help ROH in their PPV buys later on but you think you will find a DL of Final Battle? You can PM me the info(other than torrents :( )

Necroyeti
12-23-2011, 06:06 AM
Sure, I'll try and hook you up. Did you get booted from XWT like?

Fuck yeah @ Misawa Claus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGNMfLw4Gd4

SilverGhost
12-23-2011, 10:10 AM
I hope not. Last time I've been there was for Best In The World and the failed torrent of US Tour :(

Dr. Death
12-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Necro I know I am doing a bad thing here but I will help ROH in their PPV buys later on but you think you will find a DL of Final Battle? You can PM me the info(other than torrents :( )

Me too please

Robareid
12-24-2011, 03:48 AM
I didn't get a chance to see it live due to me travelling at the time it was on, but I hear it was rather disappointing. I hope I've heard wrongly. I'll still pick it up on DVD either way

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 03:52 AM
inB4NecroRage

THEKEVINBRAND
12-24-2011, 04:28 AM
I love Kevin Steen returning, but the thing that pissed me off is another Briscoe Brothers tag team title reign? Oh fuck no!

Robareid
12-24-2011, 04:33 AM
I love Kevin Steen returning, but the thing that pissed me off is another Briscoe Brothers tag team title reign? Oh fuck no!

The Briscoes are great, top tag team in ROH (better than even Dunn and Marcos) at the moment. Along way better than WGTT who have been pretty poor as of late

THEKEVINBRAND
12-24-2011, 04:49 AM
The Briscoes are great, top tag team in ROH (better than even Dunn and Marcos) at the moment. Along way better than WGTT who have been pretty poor as of late

I never said the briscoes sucked it just means their tag division lacks taken right now...but tonight I saw the paypervoew and the only thing that felt special was kevin steen other than that it was a car wreck out there with all those unprotected chair shots

Robareid
12-24-2011, 04:50 AM
What about Hero's return. Was that any good?

Dr. Death
12-24-2011, 05:30 AM
If it helps, you can read the results an play by play here (http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_56272.shtml).

I missed three matches, and don't know about bonus questions. But from what I've read it was decent.

jordan1995
12-24-2011, 12:22 PM
The last segment of the night after the Richards Edwards match came off awesome . but if im honest i think the event was underwhelming,

best parts:

- crowd chanting cm punk at mike Bennett due to maria and cm punks relationship
- generico's dive rope to rope and then onto lethal then jumping through the turn buckle into a tornado ddt on Bennett
- sick spot ending the Steen cornino match and package pile driver after the match through a table
- chris hero wow
-briscoes :)

id give the event overall a 6 - 7

didn't like the tag team match, didn't like the booking , didn't think the 20 minute pre match attack was necessary

lol at the fruity pebbles chant

Tomsta666
12-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Downloading it now, will probably watch it sometime next week

Necroyeti
12-24-2011, 12:52 PM
didn't like the tag team match, didn't like the booking , didn't think the 20 minute pre match attack was necessary
What the fuck, that was by far the best match on the show. And the FIVE minute pre match attack was VERY necessary, because it led to an official double turn between the Briscoes and WGTT. Since The Briscoes have been exploding with popularity thanks to actually having a personality, and everybody's realising why Shelton and Haas aren't in WWE anymore, I would call that spec-fucking-tacular booking.

Robareid
12-24-2011, 12:53 PM
What the fuck, that was by far the best match on the show. And the FIVE minute pre match attack was VERY necessary, because it led to an official double turn between the Briscoes and WGTT. Since The Briscoes have been exploding with popularity thanks to actually having a personality, and everybody's realising why Shelton and Haas aren't in WWE anymore, I would call that spec-fucking-tacular booking.

Double turn... Awesome!!!!!

I always though WGTT worked better as heel

Necroyeti
12-24-2011, 12:55 PM
My ratings:

1. TJP vs. Elgin - **3/4
2. Cimpa vs. Rave - **
3. Bennett vs. Generico vs. Lethal - ***1/2
4. Steen vs. Corino - ***1/4
5. Tag Team Gauntlet - ***1/4
6. Strong vs. Hero - **3/4
7. Briscoes vs. WGTT - ****
8. Richards vs. Edwards - edit: actually, no, this kinda sucked. ***

jordan1995
12-24-2011, 01:25 PM

hmm i see, but thought the pre match attack dragged ,my opinion, enjoyed it when Shelton botched the double team move were he jumps over hass (cant remember the name) it was like the crowd were waiting for it to turn on them

Cabers
12-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Downloading it now, will probably watch it sometime next week

Same here except im watching this christmas day happy christmas to me. #killsteenkill

Robareid
12-24-2011, 01:32 PM
My ratings:

1. TJP vs. Elgin - **3/4
2. Cimpa vs. Rave - **

Well, from that the tag team match exceeded what I expected but Strong/Hero, Ciampa/Rave and Richards/Edwards seems rather disappointing

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 01:48 PM
My ratings:

1. TJP vs. Elgin - **3/4
2. Cimpa vs. Rave - **

My mind is blown away from that. I never knew that Necro would say such a thing! :0

Necroyeti
12-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Well, from that the tag team match exceeded what I expected but Strong/Hero, Ciampa/Rave and Richards/Edwards seems rather disappointing

Strong and Hero didn't gel that well together in the ring, and it felt like both guys were just going through their usual routines. Hero looked noticeably slower and less in shape, I thought.

Ciampa and Rave was actually fine for what it was, just nothing spectacular. Solid for a short undercard match. The booking was very predictable too, not that that's a bad thing though. I hope Rave is around in 2012, they need an ROH veteran around to put over some of the new guys.

Richards and Edwards had some exciting action and was pretty watchable for being 40 minutes long, I guess. But it was all just the same old shit, there wasn't any match structure to talk of, the no-selling was ridiculous at times, way too many nearfalls, the crowd wasn't all that into it and the finish had me thinking "was that it?". After about the fifteen minute mark, it just looked way too fake, if you know what I mean. There wasn't any interesting character development on Eddie's part either.

Overall though, even if the match quality was a bit of letdown, I thought the booking on this show was pretty top-notch. All the right people won in the right ways, and even some of the guys who should be pushed in 2012 but didn't win (like Generico, Rave, Future Shock and the All-Nights) were protected and came out of the show still looking strong. If the goal of the show was to get me excited for 2012, I reckon it succeeded.

Automatic
12-24-2011, 07:03 PM
I heard the wrestling was not as good as the last PPV, but the booking was topnotch, so I'm very pretty excited to watch this PPV.

Necroyeti
12-24-2011, 07:35 PM
I heard the wrestling was not as good as the last PPV, but the booking was topnotch, so I'm very pretty excited to watch this PPV.
Yeah, I'd say just about every match at Final Battle up and down the card had a great build and/or felt like they were important... whereas Death Before Dishonor was essentially a one-match show that happened to have a great semi-main, with everything else (bar the triple threat tag) being pretty much forgettable.

Even though I had rated two matches at DBDIX above four stars (ladder war - ****1/2, Stong/Edwards - ****1/4), I'd probably rate both shows about the same, ~7/10. FB just felt more fun from start-to-finish to me, with a really good first half in particular, and genuinely got me excited for what's going to happen in 2012.

Krysys
12-25-2011, 03:32 AM
where can I download it?

Cabers
12-25-2011, 04:36 PM
where can I download it?

http://www.fileserve.com/file/ganngKj/ROH.2011.12.24.Final.Battle.iPPV.x264-RUDOS.mp4

Automatic
12-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Can someone explain the ''Sloppy Seconds'' chant during Bennett's promo to me?

Cabers
12-29-2011, 05:32 PM

If i may.

Maria Kanellis used to date CM Punk.

Automatic
12-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah I know that, but what does that have to do with sloppy seconds?

Necroyeti
12-29-2011, 05:41 PM

Maria used to date CM Punk.

Punker's also fucked Daffney, Mickie James, Lita, Becky Bayless, Beth Phoenix, Traci Brooks and probably more.

There's a funny story/rumour behind Punk and Traci's relationship, but I've forgotten what it was.

Automatic
12-29-2011, 06:04 PM
HOLY SHIT the DDT from Generico through the ropes in the corner was fucking incredible. Maneuver of the fucking year.

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-29-2011, 09:26 PM
My son was finally exposed to ROH today and this iPPV was his virginity breaker. El Generico is his new favorite wrestler lol. I usually reserve ROH for myself so I can be at peace and chill with it but, I was watching the iPPV after RAW and didn't even pay attention. He watched and was amazed!

Necroyeti
12-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Meltzer's star ratings for Final Battle, if y'all are into that kinda thing

Michael Elgin vs. TJ Perkins: **3/4
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Jimmy Rave: *3/4
Jay Lethal vs. El Generico vs. Mike Bennett: ***1/4
Kevin Steen vs. Steve Corino: ***3/4
Tag Team Gauntlet: No rating given
Roderick Strong vs. Chris Hero: **1/4
The Briscoe Brothers vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team: ***1/4
Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards: ****

Bodom
12-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Shocked Metlzer gave DR vs EEEE 4 stars :rolleyes:

Necroyeti
12-30-2011, 10:08 AM
He must have blinked for a moment and thought he saw Misawa.

But shit, it really wasn't that great a match eh? I really don't mind a bit of fighting spirit/no selling, but kicking the shit out of your opponent about fifteen seconds after taking a TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER is Goddamn ridiculous. E4 made more of an effort to sell than Davey, at least, but it still looked like a parody of 90's AJPW.

I think Richards is a really good wrestler, but he really needs to be carried to a good match by someone better most of the time. (shades of Nigel McGuinness)

Bodom
12-30-2011, 10:27 AM
I've seen bits and pieced of it, but shit. When you've seen one Richards match you've seen them all. I don't dislike Richards, but not a fan either. The dude just can't grasp the concept of in-ring psychology and can't sell for shit.

Basically. If John Cena could work stiff and do KICKZ and MOVEZ, you'd have Davey Richards

VanHooliganX
12-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Meltzer's star ratings for Final Battle, if y'all are into that kinda thing

Michael Elgin vs. TJ Perkins: **3/4
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Jimmy Rave: *3/4
Jay Lethal vs. El Generico vs. Mike Bennett: ***1/4
Kevin Steen vs. Steve Corino: ***3/4
Tag Team Gauntlet: No rating given
Roderick Strong vs. Chris Hero: **1/4
The Briscoe Brothers vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team: ***1/4
Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards: ****

Okay I watched the PPV and I have to say. I thought Kevin vs Steve was better than Davey vs Eddie.

Am I the only 1 who thought this? :S

Dave is really shit at rating wrestling matches.

Automatic
12-30-2011, 01:31 PM
The Tag Team title confused the shit out of me.

Robareid
12-30-2011, 01:54 PM

I hope they actually follow it up into a double turn, but due to pretaping I've got a bad feeling they will ignore it

Necroyeti
12-30-2011, 02:41 PM
I really dug the ref stoppage finish. Puts the Young Bucks more over as heels... and explains Rhett Titus' absence while he has surgery while still protecting the ANX push.

Automatic
12-30-2011, 02:45 PM
I really dug the ref stoppage finish. Puts the Young Bucks more over as heels... and explains Rhett Titus' absence while he has surgery while still protecting the ANX push.

True, I also really liked that, but I was talking about the Briscoes vs. WGTT match:p.

Cabers
12-30-2011, 03:36 PM
My son was finally exposed to ROH today and this iPPV was his virginity breaker. El Generico is his new favorite wrestler lol. I usually reserve ROH for myself so I can be at peace and chill with it but, I was watching the iPPV after RAW and didn't even pay attention. He watched and was amazed!

Ah yes let him see RAW then open his eyes to actual wrestling, well done sir!!

Automatic
12-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Finally done watching Final Battle, overall good show, but no match stood out in my opinion.
I don't know, but is it just me or did the some of the multiple kicks and punches in the last match look to fake?

Cabers
12-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Yea i usually love watching richards vs edwards but there match at FB bored me to tears. It was all about Steen coming back for me.