PDA

View Full Version : Are we being played by the use of social media?

Jags
11-29-2011, 10:48 AM
I think the social media is being used to spread rumors which aren't true.

For example Brodus Clay claimed on Twitter he'd destroy Morrison, but deleted the tweet right after. We all think as fans that on RAW Brodus Clay will re-debut and kayfabe end Morrison's career. I just finished watching RAW and they let Miz kayfabe end Morrison's career. So is this intentional? I think it is.

Although I do not mind that they do this, it makes it more unpredictable and I'd rather have the Miz being pushed than Brodus Clay.

Asherdelampyr
11-29-2011, 10:50 AM

For example Brodus Clay claimed on Twitter he'd destroy Morrison, but deleted the tweet right after. We all think as fans that on RAW Brodus Clay will re-debut and kayfabe end Morrison's career. I just finished watching RAW and they let Miz kayfabe end Morrison's career. So is this intentional? I think it is.

Although I do not mind that they do this, it makes it more unpredictable and I'd rather have the Miz being pushed than Brodus Clay.
Of course we are?
seriously, Wrestling has always used whatever media available to sell storylines, and Ryder pretty much proved to the older guys in the back office just how powerful a tool social media was, so it was just a matter of time.

Y2Jryder
11-29-2011, 10:51 AM
There are lots of reports the last couple of weeks that they change the script a couple times before RAW starts so I don't think they play us

tittle97
11-29-2011, 10:52 AM
I think so. WWE has figured out that by using Twitter, they can either have wrestlers post controversial tweets, or post misleading info that will get viewers to tune in. They used to do it all the time, usually by the way of promo packages such as "2012 it begins"

Lowki
11-29-2011, 11:35 AM
They could play us, but most of the time it's creative changing their mind. I mean Lauranitis has been on the phone to Brodus (even used his name several times) talking about a debut next week, for the last few weeks. This doesn't mean they are now using cell phones to play us, does it? They've actually turned this "push" into an angle where he states [to otunga] that he's holding off his debut to make him "angrier".

loudpack
11-29-2011, 12:01 PM

Miz is being pushed anyway so brodus could have used that slot. Brodus should make his re_debut attacking del Rio and his face opponent (del Rio first to get cheers, then the other guy to fool the crowd). Well, looks like santino has some in ring action next week.

thedominator92
11-29-2011, 12:58 PM

This isn't intentional, its just wwe changes the raw script right up in till the show starts.

SilverGhost
11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Maybe Vinnie is like "Well....if those idiots use the internet to cause a shitstorm....maybe I can use the same internet to start some fan interaction with the superstars." or something like that.

steveorton
11-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Internet = Lies

dudelove
11-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Vince is like... 'They made me push Zack Ryder and now I'm gonna fool them the same way'. I think it's getting a bit annoying.

CM_SUXX_NOT
11-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Are we being played by the use of social media?

Are we? Yes.

Rilla
11-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Vince is being vince. He finds a way to control people and exploits it.

Complain about twitter being pushed? He'll keep doing it. Why? It doesn't take up that much of the show, it gets people over, and strokes Vince's Ego.

Brodus? He fucked that up himself.

WWE is doing the right thing, getting people talking.

Have something trend(which takes a lot of people), others see it, want to know what it's about -- more views.

Tommy Thunder
11-29-2011, 02:17 PM
WWE (or more specifically, Vince) have seen what Ryder has been able to do with social media. They've realized how many people follow Cena and the rest of the superstars on Twitter/Facebook, and they're capitalizing on it. Why wouldn't they.

HCollins-TNA1
11-29-2011, 02:44 PM

Yes and no.....
The thing is the stars get told this or that a week ahead or a few days... Then the writers get told to change this or that....
After Brodis Clay made his comments I pretty much thought the WWE was going change the story or segment.... Last night what did they do.... Have Miz as the one who took out Morrison....
Thus I think it would have a story in case Morrison would resign anytime soon???!!!

HCollins-TNA1
11-29-2011, 03:13 PM

Another thing most TV shows has 2 or3 scripts or a plan A or plan B script....

Jags
11-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah it is true they change the script right before the show, but besides that it can be used to trick the fans and I think some things are being posted to trick us and to make us more surprised of the ending.

LM_StraightEdge
11-29-2011, 04:47 PM
WWE (or more specifically, Vince) have seen what Ryder has been able to do with social media. They've realized how many people follow Cena and the rest of the superstars on Twitter/Facebook, and they're capitalizing on it. Why wouldn't they.

Exactly. I know everyone hates the constant references to what's trending etc but Vince is being smart by using it. Twitter is so popular right now, everyone talks about it. If the WWE can get a slice of that pie, have RAW and various Superstars getting Worldwide interest, why would they not take advantage of that? HHH recently did a great interview where he hit the sledgehammer on the head, watching TV has changed. People sit there now during TV shows on Twitter and speaking to people online etc, WWE are simply evolving with the times.

evilgenius780
11-29-2011, 07:45 PM
I think its wise for the superstars to use twitter, facebook, ect to interact with the fans. I think its wise for WWE to use social media, I am in no way going to say they are wrong to do so, however, the constant, non stop, overdone mentioning of it is really annoying. Thats just my opinion. Maybe it's because I don't use twitter, just don't feel the need to hang on celebrities every word. I want them to entertain me on TV, besides that I could care less what they have to say. I know that is a rare opinion, but it is my own.