PDA

View Full Version : Jay Lethal... BORING

The Pike
10-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Ok. Just a quick observation:

Jay Lethal without the Black Machismo gimmick is boring. very very boring. very boring.

Dameduse823
10-16-2010, 12:10 AM
I agree and disagree with you since the only thing that has really changed since he dropped the machismo gimmick is his in ring gear and that he stopped doing the voice. Jay Leathal has been boring ever since Creed left

cetotheizzo
10-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Even with the black machismo gimmick he was borring. I will say that he is a decent wrestler.

jethro
10-16-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm ok with Lethal right now,the black machismo persona is like AJ try to be Flair

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Black Machismo was a knock off, an impostor if you will of a great wrestler. IMO impostors are nothing more than assholes trying to be someone their not.. It just doesn't work, never has never will. As for Jay lethal, I like who he is, i like the fact he was a kid with a dream to become a pro wrestler and he succeeded. I even like the fact they show his parents telling stories of Jay when he was growing up. It makes you get emotionally invested in him. That my friend is not boring, that's why you pay 40 bucks to watch him on ppv. U MAD???

The Pike
10-16-2010, 01:03 AM
wow, IPEEINTHESHOWER, you've got quite the "internet wrestling forum" gimmick going there. no, I'm not mad. a little irritated, but not mad. Lethal is boring, sorry. I thought seeing his parents was pretty lame. LOCAL BOY DOES GOOD! yawn. boring. utterly boring. I didn't pay a dime to see him, btw. He might be a nice guy and has a great family but hell, so do I! That does not take away from the fact that he is the most boring wrestler in the company. At least when he was imitating Savage I could WATCH... and, after all, isn't that the name of the game? It's not like they are actually wrestling. It's a show. He wouldn't be where he is now without that gimmick. But I forgot, every wrestler is completely original.

"Haters make me respond with asinine posts"

brad9993
10-16-2010, 01:29 AM
I can say i never really liked Jay on the microphone but i do like his in ring ability.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-16-2010, 01:34 AM
wow, IPEEINTHESHOWER, you've got quite the "internet wrestling forum" gimmick going there. no, I'm not mad. a little irritated, but not mad. Lethal is boring, sorry. I thought seeing his parents was pretty lame. LOCAL BOY DOES GOOD! yawn. boring. utterly boring. I didn't pay a dime to see him, btw. He might be a nice guy and has a great family but hell, so do I! That does not take away from the fact that he is the most boring wrestler in the company. At least when he was imitating Savage I could WATCH... and, after all, isn't that the name of the game? It's not like they are actually wrestling. It's a show. He wouldn't be where he is now without that gimmick. But I forgot, every wrestler is completely original.

"Haters make me respond with asinine posts"

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First, are you irritated that Jay lethal has made it to the big time and your just a former wrestler or that im right and your wrong in this matter? When you say "LOCAL BOY DOES GOOD" is boring Im sure your one of the people that watch the news and cheer when someone get murked. (I just love that word for some unknown reason, maybe its the Crown Royal or the fact I have lost my marbles) Anyways, I never said every wrestler was original, I was just implying there are far more boring people in pro rasslin than Jay lethal. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
If we don’t protect freedom of speech, we will never know who the assholes are.

A.Graham
10-16-2010, 03:29 AM
I think it's hard for a full fledged face to form a strong personality, a heel turn may be the best thing for him so he can make an impact(pun intended) and he has the link to Hogan with his red and yellow ring gear so he could join The Immortals.

merhardt03
10-16-2010, 04:08 AM
Awesome in ring talent. No doubt. But he is a boring and easily forgettable character. The Black Machismo was entertaining but ran its course. current gimmick as i said earlier is forgettable n boring. Great u have a family. Wow... Impressive. Get real.

el gabo
10-16-2010, 12:12 PM
This forum is boring in and of itself. That's how boring Jay is right now.

comaband76
10-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Ok....something everyone needs to realize!! Lethal is not doing good because Dixie, Hogan and Bischoff have ruined the X-Division. He's been having to wrestle a lame Doug Williams who does not need to be in the X-Division and cannot help Lethal showcase his talent. Why they didn't have Lethal and Red at BFG is beyond me. I can remember a time when the X-Division was the shit, loaded with talent. I remember some very good matches he had with Sonjay. Now there is no Sonjay, Petey, AJ or Kaz (as they are in the main storylines), Daniels, Senshi, Skipper, Devine, The Naturals, Bentley, etc. The only wrestlers he has is Red, MCMG and Generation ME, with the last two as tag teams. So it's kind of hard to showcase all that talent when you have to wrestle non-talent wrestlers who have no agility or passion for the Division. Where's Ultimate X? X-Cup?

The Pike
10-16-2010, 02:51 PM
I think it's a matter of entertainment. People want to be entertained by the wrestlers. It's the whole point of the business (olutside of making money, but those go hand in hand.). Lethal was a character before. He is talented in the ring, but so are a thousand other guys. Whats he doing to set himself apart? I believe he will and it's only a matter of time but for now, what he's doing? boring.
I get what TNA is doing and where they are going. People seem to miss the point of the Hogan/Bischoff angle. It's simple economics.
TNA without those guys (or any of the other talent from WWE/WCW/ECW) is like going to see an a band at a club. They are amazing, you love them but they can't sell out 1,000 seats and no one has heard of them. Now, you take the same band and have them open up for The Rolling Stones (Hogan et al.) and suddenly you thousands of people being exposed to your music that would never have heard you otherwise. This is how you build a fanbase. EXPOSURE. TNA is smart to sign these established wrestlers and give them TV time. It's putting asses in the seats and eyes on the TV. The ENTIRE POINT of the HOGAN era in TNA is to put over the company and the wrestlers who built it. They are using the "Fall of WCW" as a storyline. In the end TNA is going to look (and BE) STRONGER and more POPULAR than ever. It's brilliant, actually. And TNA is going to use the guys that have built the company to "SAVE" the company from H&B. It's as if people are falling for the work... It's laughable.

Guys like Lethal are going to be the future of the business and if they can pull this storyline off (and I think this is one long story arc with a big payoff at the end.) they could very well be the number one company in the business. It's not going to happen overnight, but TNA is already pushing thee envelope, trying new and creative ideas (at least as far as production goes) and seems to be on track to keep this momentum well into the next decade.
As far as storylines being reused... There are really only a handful of stories in the world. details might change but they are basically all the same. overcoming adversity, rags to riches, quest, the voyage and return, comedy, tragedy and rebirth. Obviously there are alot of stories to be told but to think every single storyline in wrestling is going to be new and original is a joke. It doesn't help that people seem to have "blue car syndrome" when they watch TNA.
I'm excited by what the future holds for TNA and wrestlers like Lethal. I just caution wrestling fans to give it time. Rome was not built in a day, after all.

Tai Night
10-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Really who cares. I mean yeah, sometimes he is boring, every up in coming wrestler go through that stage. I'll wait about four or five more years until I make my full decision on him.

MackMays05
10-17-2010, 12:49 AM
All I'll say is Black Macheezmo is da sh$%,that other guy?Not so much....

AlEx ReYeS
10-17-2010, 08:24 AM
Jay is a great wrestler ...and can showcase it anywhere ..... but the fact that the x-division is left for slop not letting him shine where be belongs .... jay is being jay ....... he is entertaining ... and the black machismo gimmick was a fan fav ... if u couldnt tell..... jay hatters are just WWE fans not wrestling fans

cetotheizzo
10-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Jay is a great wrestler ...and can showcase it anywhere ..... but the fact that the x-division is left for slop not letting him shine where be belongs .... jay is being jay ....... he is entertaining ... and the black machismo gimmick was a fan fav ... if u couldnt tell..... jay hatters are just WWE fans not wrestling fans

Jay is a little boring, at least to me, but it’s easily forgotten when he starts wrestling because he dose have the in ring skills to be a headliner.