PDA

View Full Version : A new beggining? (Not about TNA nor WWE's PG)

Gangrel
11-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Let's talk about something some of you may not know... Cody Rhodes has been Intercontinintal (sorry for the spelling, i'm awful with that word) champion for nearly 111 days. Before him, the person who held it the longest in just ONE reign was Ken Shamrock (125 days)

Ken has not wrestled in the WWE since '00 or '01. With that being said, if Cody has been champion for nearly the last most recent longest reign (in just ONE run, not combined) which was over a decade ago, are we looking at WWE giving the wrestlers the title's for longer periods of time now?

ALSO, Dolph has had the title for over 160 days. The person with the LONGEST U.S. Championship in just one run and not combined was Rick Rude with 378 days, Dolph is catching up.

So again, do you think the WWE is giving talent the championships for longer periods of time now? Will the championships get their presitge back now?

VanHooliganX
11-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm semi hoping Ziggler loses the US title to get his push to the top soon.
But i'm glad these 2 titles aren't doing hot potatoe like the WWE Championship is and how the WHC was before Henry.

Gangrel
11-28-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm semi hoping Ziggler loses the US title to get his push to the top soon.
But i'm glad these 2 titles aren't doing hot potatoe like the WWE Championship is and how the WHC was before Henry.

Agree, as much as i'd like to see Punk as WWE champ... I'd prefer Ziggler as champ instead, or WHC champ

BC777
11-28-2011, 08:39 PM
I think that the WWE is at least trying to give presitge back to there title's.....wie will have to see where they go from there.

capn-edu
11-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Actually the only title being tossed around right now is the WWE title
Mark managed to keep it for a while and im pretty suprised about it
Cody and Ziggler can be champions for years and i wouldn't mind
Lets just do something with the tag titles and give Rhodes some title defences with random people ftw

tnafanwwehater
11-29-2011, 12:42 AM
meh the only the reason the titles have not had changed hands is simple. they dont care about the titiles. and there isn any worthy title holders even if they are mid card people. at least thats what i believe. back in the days there was longer title reigns but they was fighting champions. also at the time they would get clean wins and stuff not like today with all the interference and dqs.

KJ PUNK
11-29-2011, 01:04 AM
meh the only the reason the titles have not had changed hands is simple. they dont care about the titiles. and there isn any worthy title holders even if they are mid card people. at least thats what i believe. back in the days there was longer title reigns but they was fighting champions. also at the time they would get clean wins and stuff not like today with all the interference and dqs.

Rhodes doesn't get many cheap wins. Even if he does, that's a heels JOB. Cheat to win.

Also "there isn't any worthy title holders." IC - Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Christian (when he comes back), Sheamus, Justin Gabriel, Ted Dibiase.
US - Alex Riley, Drew Mcintyre, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston, Santino (say what you will, but the dude gets pops), Zack Ryder.

All of those guys are worthy of the title and some of them quite frankly could use it, specifically Gabriel, Dibiase, Riley, Mcintyre, and Ryder.

TheLegendaryIcon
11-29-2011, 06:13 AM
Let's look at it by the numbers... The average WHC title reign is approx. 71 days. Mark Henry has held the title for 73 days. Thus he's on the awesome side of the curve. In terms of the other titles, all of these reigns are historically about average in length. (Not counting the WWE championship as it's a little hard to weigh Sammartino's 7 year run... Aaand Punk's had the title for what? A whole week now?)

steveorton
11-29-2011, 06:40 AM
I think they are trying to add some prestige back to those titles. I'm happy for both guys and their reigns as Mid-card champs can really further their careers as future main eventers. I would also like to see them defend those titles more often though.

lewism173
11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
there now using the US and IC title's to push people to main event...I hope cody beats the longest regin

tittle97
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
I think it's very cool that neither Ziggler or Rhodes NEED the US or IC titles. That is awesome, don't get me wrong it's great that they've had the belts this long, and I think they should lose the titles only if they will be stepping into a main event role. This is how these belts SHOULD be used!!!!!!!

Y2Jryder
11-29-2011, 12:18 PM
They don't care about the US or IC title so they just drop them to Ziggler and Rhodes because it looks cool to walk with a title. there is no feud or whatsoever for one of these titles, or maybe a little Ryder/Ziggler feud. But when Rhodes feuded with Orton it wasn't even for the belt...

tittle97
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM
They don't care about the US or IC title so they just drop them to Ziggler and Rhodes because it looks cool to walk with a title. there is no feud or whatsoever for one of these titles, or maybe a little Ryder/Ziggler feud. But when Rhodes feuded with Orton it wasn't even for the belt...

I disagree. If they truly didn't care about these titles, they would be changing hands left and right. Which says a lot about the WHC and WWE championship. Hopefully those days are over for the most part.

Y2Jryder
11-29-2011, 05:42 PM
I disagree. If they truly didn't care about these titles, they would be changing hands left and right. Which says a lot about the WHC and WWE championship. Hopefully those days are over for the most part.

If they would care about these titles they should have a least a decent feud for those titles. when Rhodes had that feud with Orton it wasn't even for the title what makes now sense.

And at survivor series Ziggler defended his title against Morrison. Why Morrison??? because he interfered one week before the ppv in his match with no reason whatsoever???

The Hit Man
11-29-2011, 08:00 PM
There definitely needs to be more title defenses but I think they're slowly improving on that. I hope Rhodes can keep on to the title till Wrestlemania but I think Ziggler will be losing his in the next month or two.