PDA

View Full Version : New WWE Championship?

K2Jelly
11-28-2011, 04:26 PM
According to a report by Ryan Clark, John Cena is dissatisfied with the current "spinner" WWE Championship belt and says it needs to be altered into either a new design or its classic design. If John Cena is pushing for a change, it's safe to say it will happen.

What about the rest of you? Do you think the belt needs to change? If not, why? If so, then what design would you like to see?

Shining Light
11-28-2011, 04:31 PM
It's true... if Cena wants it, Cena gets it! I've noticed that the World Heavyweight Title now has a red color on the inside of the strap, so maybe the WWE is trying to make small adjustments to titles before switching them all together

LM_StraightEdge
11-28-2011, 04:33 PM
According to a report by Ryan Clark, John Cena is dissatisfied with the current "spinner" WWE Championship belt and says it needs to be altered into either a new design or its classic design. If John Cena is pushing for a change, it's safe to say it will happen.

What about the rest of you? Do you think the belt needs to change? If not, why? If so, then what design would you like to see?

To be fair, it's not really a report by Ryan, he has read it off John Cena's twitter account! But on to the subject, it's about bloody time! The belt is embarrassing, it worked for Cena's initial rapper title run but that was about 6 years ago! I hope they bring back the classic eagle belt.

Kincaid
11-28-2011, 04:48 PM
The spinner belt is lame but nowhere near as bad a Jeff Hardy's TNA championship! Was that belt designed by Hot Topic?

Grind_Bastard
11-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Please, new belt! And to whoever is responsible of designing it: Look at Jeff Hardy's TNA belt; it's a perfect way to know how NOT to design one.

bladesyGTS
11-28-2011, 05:00 PM
The "Spinner" belt is disgusting! personally they need to bring back the WWF belt from 10 years ago, that was just beautiful, replace the WWF logos with WWE ones, leave everything else as it is, and it'll be fine! :)

Rich Cranium
11-28-2011, 05:07 PM
They should really bring back the classic look to the belt. It has a much more prestigious look to it than the joke of a belt going around now.

AOF666
11-28-2011, 05:17 PM
If John Cena thought that the WWE needed a new belt for 3 years, why didn't he say something 3 years ago?

Rich Cranium
11-28-2011, 05:22 PM
If John Cena thought that the WWE needed a new belt for 3 years, why didn't he say something 3 years ago?

Because he was still milking Vince's grapefruits at that time. ;)

URATOOL
11-28-2011, 05:35 PM
I think it should have Vince's face, in gold, as the main piece, then smaller side ones with pictures of Trips, Stephanie, Shane and Lynda. Now that would be a wonderful sight to behold.

Lowki
11-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Aww but i love the lego world title! :(

Los Conquistador
11-28-2011, 05:37 PM
It was reported that the 'E has had a new belt in waiting for 2 years now
Were going to give it to miz but plans have still changed

ShockMaster
11-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Have Cody win it, then follow suit to what he did to the IC title and bring the eagle belt back.

Dr. Death
11-28-2011, 05:56 PM
I too like the look of the classic title belt, the older style screams prestige while the one they have now screams "for the kids age 5 to 10".

jonod
11-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Have Cody win it, then follow suit to what he did to the IC title and bring the eagle belt back.

I'll second this!

tittle97
11-28-2011, 06:10 PM
I really hope they debut a new belt. The spinner belt is beyond awful. To me it represents Cena's dominance over the title picture, which I hope is over for a little while.

Bruiser jones
11-28-2011, 06:25 PM
They need to bring back this beautiful belt

http://www.highspots.com/images/images_125/belt_wwe_world_attitude.jpg

tittle97
11-28-2011, 06:33 PM
They need to bring back this beautiful belt

http://www.highspots.com/images/images_125/belt_wwe_world_attitude.jpg

I agree. This version is my favorite.

rtb227
11-28-2011, 06:51 PM
I think it should be something new altogether. I believe that since CM Punk is the new champion, he could cut a promo about how he's the best in the world and how he believes the title should be changed since he's stated he will keep it for a long time. during the promo, you see the spinner belt on the titantron crossed out with the straightedge x and on this new title it says best in the world as cm punk's personal touch but it is something that can stay since being champ sort of states you're the best in the world.

Mizfit
11-28-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm hoping for a classic design with a new twist, like the IC title with white strap

jabroni
11-28-2011, 08:04 PM
spinner belt = multiple cena title reigns. no matter who had, for however long, it was always cena's. i hope they change it.

MachoManFan
11-28-2011, 08:13 PM
spinner belt = multipy cena title reigns. no matter who had, for however long, it was always cena's. i hope they change it.

I've always felt this too. Whatever they change it to I hope they have the word "champion" on it and not just "champ" I've never like that about the spinner.

Tomsta666
11-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Bring back the winged eagle!! Anything else pales in comparision!!

http://www.wrestling101.com/home/wp-content/gallery/features/wwe-belts-7.jpg

The attitude belt was fine, because it was just more or less a remix of this one.

The winged eagle will always be the classiest title as far as i'm concerned!

scribbler_jones
11-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Thank God, it's about time! Please tell me they're going back to the classic design... look at the old-school IC Title - it's classic, but the look is great and, to me at least, it really shows the prestige that the belt has accumulated over the years. In contrast, the WWE spinner belt has no class - it looks like something a kid would run around with, not a grown man. Very hard to see any kind of prestige or glory that the title built up over the years, all you can see are the faux rhinestones. Bring back the classic WWE belt design - show people the weight that the belt carries.

Los Conquistador
11-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Bring back the winged eagle!! Anything else pales in comparision!!

http://www.wrestling101.com/home/wp-content/gallery/features/wwe-belts-7.jpg

The attitude belt was fine, because it was just more or less a remix of this one.

The winged eagle will always be the classiest title as far as i'm concerned!
incidently, randy savage was the first to hold that belt at wrestlemania 4, stone cold last ten years later

Bob Bowman
11-28-2011, 11:40 PM
The belt JBL held was the best belt IMO. The one that the Rock had back in the 90's was great too. I NEVER been a fan of the spinner belt. I always thought it was tacky and exploiting/mocking the hip-hop culture when it was made. I don't like spinning rims, chains, or that stupid belt!!!!!

The Brown One
11-28-2011, 11:41 PM
They better stick with the traditional gold belt and not go to silver like the rumors said.

The Phantom Menace
11-29-2011, 01:29 AM
incidently, randy savage was the first to hold that belt at wrestlemania 4, stone cold last ten years later

Let me correct you on that, Hogan was the first to hold this belt after Mr. Perfect(R.I.P. Curt Henning) smashed the old belt with a hammer. This was the belt that(R.I.P.)Andre gave to Ted Dibiase that led to Wrestlemania 4. Damn, I suddenly feel reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally old for rememebering all of this....LMAO!!!

jethro
11-29-2011, 01:44 AM
New WWE title would be good,time for a change.

Tomsta666
11-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Let me correct you on that, Hogan was the first to hold this belt after Mr. Perfect(R.I.P. Curt Henning) smashed the old belt with a hammer. This was the belt that(R.I.P.)Andre gave to Ted Dibiase that led to Wrestlemania 4. Damn, I suddenly feel reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally old for rememebering all of this....LMAO!!!

I was gonaa say, I thought it was Hogan who had it first! ;)

TheLegendaryIcon
11-29-2011, 05:39 AM
Each belt needs its own style to make it stand out against other titles as they've done with the IC title. One of the titles is going silver a'la ECW's final belt design and I could definitely imagine it being the company title. Though I'd hope for a mixture of the classic eagle design, but in the silver...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/ECW_World_Championship.jpg/640px-ECW_World_Championship.jpg