PDA

View Full Version : EWN Beta

RampantLion2010
11-28-2011, 03:24 AM
I know Ryan and crew have worked VERY HARD to make this the best possible website they can, with lots of news and a facelift every few months to keep things fresh. I, personally, like this site's format the way it is now. The beta looks nice, but it very busy with all the pictures and such. This site is dark, but easy to read. The beta is bright with things everywhere. Ryan, you'll do what you want to (and who could blame you? you own this wonderful place!), but I vote to leave it as is.

Rated_R(ob)KO
11-28-2011, 03:29 AM
I know Ryan and crew have worked VERY HARD to make this the best possible website they can, with lots of news and a facelift every few months to keep things fresh. I, personally, like this site's format the way it is now. The beta looks nice, but it very busy with all the pictures and such. This site is dark, but easy to read. The beta is bright with things everywhere. Ryan, you'll do what you want to (and who could blame you? you own this wonderful place!), but I vote to leave it as is.

This is not Ryan's site. This is Frank's site. Ryan justs posts here.

The Brown One
11-28-2011, 05:51 AM
I like the new style of the site. It makes it look like the bigger wrestling sites on the net. But I wish the white background were colored, maybe a blue.

steveorton
11-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Looks ok but I absolutely hate the white background.

jordan1995
11-28-2011, 01:46 PM
so do we all move to the site ..do we have to sign up again ..whats happening ?

Tommy Thunder
11-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Well firstly, this isn't Ryan Clark's site, a guy called Frank created and runs it.

Secondly, nothing's changed with me. Everything is just the same as it was before lol!

Sully
11-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Well firstly, this isn't Ryan Clark's site, a guy called Frank created and runs it.

Secondly, nothing's changed with me. Everything is just the same as it was before lol!

Yeah I have no idea what they're talking about either, Tommy. Lol, it's the same as it ever was...where did you find a beta at?

Edit: Aha, nevermind. I found it on the front page, although it doesn't support the forums yet...and it looks too much like WZR.

Why do they always choose white, why not something more unique? Well...I hope this new design is optional.

jordan1995
11-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah I have no idea what they're talking about either, Tommy. Lol, it's the same as it ever was...where did you find a beta at?

Edit: Aha, nevermind. I found it on the front page, although it doesn't support the forums yet...and it looks too much like WZR.

Why do they always choose white, why not something more unique? Well...I hope this new design is optional.

the beta is on the main newsboard it is in bold at the top of the list but not in the double box at the top ..it links to the new site

Tommy Thunder
11-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Got it now, and I don't like it. The design is far too generic IMO, and looks a lot like WZR. I too hope it's only optional.

Tomsta666
11-28-2011, 02:52 PM
It's alright. Honestly though I barely even read the news on the front page any more, I just go straight to the forums!

Krysys
11-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Frank > Ryan

The site is... "interesting"

VanHooliganX
11-28-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't approve with change.

But I will once i've adapted to the new layout. Then I will laugh at the out layout.

Ha Ha Ha!

^ Like that :)

bladesyGTS
11-28-2011, 03:57 PM
does look good but not a fan of the white background, looks too much like EWN, maybe a different, unique colour maybe be better??

Sully
11-28-2011, 05:39 PM
does look good but not a fan of the white background, looks too much like EWN, maybe a different, unique colour maybe be better??

Maybe that's because...it is EWN?

Reichwulf
11-28-2011, 07:08 PM
I checked it out earlier today and i have to say, i like the current one a lot more, is there any chance once it goes through, we can keep this feature and have the option to chose the other one if wanted?

I love this current one due to the simplicity of it.

Frank
11-29-2011, 01:20 PM
I understand all of your concerns about switching over, background color etc. I think the important thing right now is to provide a better overall experience for the readers. I think we're making the necessary steps to become a more dynamic website. The older backbone and script is too outdated to catch up with Web 2.0 and we're trying very hard to make everyone happy. Most of the things that you guys have suggested can be fixed easily. The forum will not change much at all. We can possibly make a light/dark skinned version of the forum, that will come. I appreciate your feed back and comments.

We're working on getting the site to run faster and hopefully after this week, we'll have a much more reliable and friendly site.

Thanks for hanging in here.

Frank

Tommy Thunder
11-29-2011, 01:23 PM
I understand all of your concerns about switching over, background color etc. I think the important thing right now is to provide a better overall experience for the readers. I think we're making the necessary steps to become a more dynamic website. The older backbone and script is too outdated to catch up with Web 2.0 and we're trying very hard to make everyone happy. Most of the things that you guys have suggested can be fixed easily. The forum will not change much at all. We can possibly make a light/dark skinned version of the forum, that will come. I appreciate your feed back and comments.

We're working on getting the site to run faster and hopefully after this week, we'll have a much more reliable and friendly site.

Thanks for hanging in here.

Frank

Regarding the bolded, that's a good point. I've actually been having problems from time to time with Webkit 2.0 when on this site. So anything to ratify that will be appreciated.

SilverGhost
11-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Wow people have seen the beta before me :( I am saddened

But....its all Frank's work and its his choice. Its called "Beta" for a reason.

EDIT: I have seen it now and its ok.

thejman93
11-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Until I see what the forums are gonna look like, I can't really say ether way.

KJ PUNK
11-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Until I see what the forums are gonna look like, I can't really say ether way.

Exactly my thinking. I could care less about the "news." I want a EWN Forums beta! :)

thejman93
11-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Exactly my thinking. I could care less about the "news." I want a EWN Forums beta! :)

I know right.

Who gives a fook about Ryan Clark?

pauadrian
11-29-2011, 06:28 PM
i want more emoticons dammit

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-30-2011, 12:39 AM
This could be great. I wonder what the new profiles will look like... I also have a feeling that it will become easier to add friends.

pauadrian
11-30-2011, 12:40 AM
This could be great. I wonder what the new profiles will look like... I also have a feeling that it will become easier to add friends.

hopefully goin to the profile is annoying

Sully
11-30-2011, 04:55 AM
I do like the Top Stories slider up top. A lot of main sites have that, so it's about time that EWN upgrades to it. It's not like I'd use it, but at least we're catching up to some of the modern day features.

The logo seems really generic though, looks like something you could easily create on a free website. The logo we have now looks so much more fitting for the site, and it actually looks unique.

I may actually like the forums part though, but I'd have to see it. There's probably a higher chance that I don't like it, but whatever happens, I'm sure we'll eventually get used to it.

68wPayne
11-30-2011, 10:11 AM
I turned it off mainly because of the white background. Besides that it did look alot more professional. It will just take some getting used to because we are so used to the simple look. Just have to wait and see how the forums look.

Also, been here for quite a minute and that's the first time I have seen Frank post. It's like seeing one of those reclusive celebrities or something.

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-01-2011, 02:30 AM
I think instead of sounding ungrateful, we should thank Frank for even having the site up. It costs a lot of money to run a site and traffic is their cash flow. I know he's thankful for us but, you know he wants more traffic. He likes money, who doesn't? And with the main structure of the site having a bunch of problems, why not change up? It's been a long time coming for me. I've been visiting the site since around 2003 when it was just a site. It looked almost identical to the site now lol. Either way, thanks to Frank for wanting us to have a better experience and also, thanks for the change up!

Now, use me as a writer for your site! Please? ;)

Krysys
12-01-2011, 02:41 AM
I think instead of sounding ungrateful, we should thank Frank for even having the site up. It costs a lot of money to run a site and traffic is their cash flow. I know he's thankful for us but, you know he wants more traffic. He likes money, who doesn't? And with the main structure of the site having a bunch of problems, why not change up? It's been a long time coming for me. I've been visiting the site since around 2003 when it was just a site. It looked almost identical to the site now lol. Either way, thanks to Frank for wanting us to have a better experience and also, thanks for the change up!

Now, use me as a writer for your site! Please? ;)

I bet money you could do a better job with the news than Ryan "Copy and Paste" Clark.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-01-2011, 03:12 AM
I bet money you could do a better job with the news than Ryan "Copy and Paste" Clark.

And probably make the titles more interesting and re-word the whole story to make it sound better

Krysys
12-01-2011, 03:15 AM
And probably make the titles more interesting and re-word the whole story to make it sound better

We should start a petition to get R(ob) hired! lol who knows it could work.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-01-2011, 03:19 AM
We should start a petition to get R(ob) hired! lol who knows it could work.

i'm on it bro

Krysys
12-01-2011, 03:21 AM
i'm on it bro

I'll sign it for sure! Pretty sure most of the EWN Users would!

THEKEVINBRAND
12-01-2011, 03:23 AM
Here it is! Sign away people! (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-to-get-robert-woodward-jr-aka/)

Krysys
12-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Here it is! Sign away people! (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-to-get-robert-woodward-jr-aka/)

Its has been signed

Vegas
12-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Its has been signed

Same here broski

THEKEVINBRAND
12-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Its has been signed

Same here broski

Add the link to your sigs people!

Krysys
12-01-2011, 03:33 AM

I will in the morning when I can get to my computer lol

Vegas
12-01-2011, 03:34 AM

I can't i'm on my phone but I shall when I wake up.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-01-2011, 03:34 AM
I will in the morning when I can get to my computer lol

I can't i'm on my phone but I shall when I wake up.

Take your time, this has no expiration date to it

Krysys
12-01-2011, 03:37 AM
Take your time, this has no expiration date to it

Lol I wonder what R(ob) is gonna say about the petition.

AreYaSerious
12-01-2011, 03:37 AM
To be honest the EWN Beta isn't bad. The logo needs to be changed. All I see wrong with it to be honest.

I support the changes. I can't wait until the forums are changed as well.

btw petition signed.

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-01-2011, 06:45 AM
I'll tell you guys this much... I friggin' love you all haha. Hopefully more will sign and hopefully Frank will listen... I've always wanted to write for a living and write for a legitimate site. I've been a loyal follower of this site for years and in all honesty, I'd love the opportunity...

THEKEVINBRAND
12-01-2011, 09:35 AM
I'll tell you guys this much... I friggin' love you all haha. Hopefully more will sign and hopefully Frank will listen... I've always wanted to write for a living and write for a legitimate site. I've been a loyal follower of this site for years and in all honesty, I'd love the opportunity...

And replace Ryan Clark on here

the-rocks-stunner
12-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Very basic layout doesn't stand out think 'frank' needs a professional job!

the-rocks-stunner
12-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Also the kurt angle signature is me ;P

SESAfro
12-05-2011, 02:17 PM
I like the new site. There may be now 'wow' factor but it's clean and gridded out nicely. Though I suggest you make the forum and the site match up.

Frank
12-06-2011, 12:50 AM
I like the new site. There may be now 'wow' factor but it's clean and gridded out nicely. Though I suggest you make the forum and the site match up.

We'll be updating the forum on wednesday. Just hang on for a couple of more days. We've got our coder working on this.

Thanks!
Frank

Frank
12-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Hey guys, we had a server issue today that caused the site to go down for a few hours over night... we are working on resolving this so it will not happen again.

Thanks,
Frank

RyanClark
12-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Man, some of you guys are brutal towards me! There will always be that select few. It's all in good fun though, no worries!

Glad most of you guys like the new EWN. I personally feel Frank has done a helluva' job with the new site. It'll take some time to get used to (as well as posting!) but it's way more up to date than the old design. Thanks for your continued support of the website. Whether you love us or hate us.... you continue to support the site. Can't thank you guys enough.

Glad to be a part of the forums. Shoot me an email if there is anything I can do for ya'. I'm sure the same goes for Frank.

Be good guys!

THEKEVINBRAND
12-14-2011, 12:48 AM
well well, the king of copy and paste joined the forums, we're not "safe" anymore!

Broc
12-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Man, some of you guys are brutal towards me! There will always be that select few. It's all in good fun though, no worries!

Glad most of you guys like the new EWN. I personally feel Frank has done a helluva' job with the new site. It'll take some time to get used to (as well as posting!) but it's way more up to date than the old design. Thanks for your continued support of the website. Whether you love us or hate us.... you continue to support the site. Can't thank you guys enough.

Glad to be a part of the forums. Shoot me an email if there is anything I can do for ya'. I'm sure the same goes for Frank.

Be good guys!

hmm, so Mr. Clark does check these forums, lol, I'm your biggest fan Ryan!!!

although I must say, I already have adapted to the new design, as I normally do with anything, we just need the forums to match it, and I'm sure I'll get used to that as well

THEKEVINBRAND
12-14-2011, 12:57 AM
hmm, so Mr. Clark does check these forums, lol, I'm your biggest fan Ryan!!!

although I must say, I already have adapted to the new design, as I normally do with anything, we just need the forums to match it, and I'm sure I'll get used to that as well

lol ok there Broc, a fan of the king of c&p :P

Broc
12-14-2011, 12:58 AM

there's really no point in not copy and pating when you're reporting the same thing for 5 different sites, I'm sure you would do the same thing

and plus, WZR radio is pretty good too, I listen to it on most weeks

THEKEVINBRAND
12-14-2011, 01:00 AM
there's really no point in not copy and pating when you're reporting the same thing for 5 different sites, I'm sure you would do the same thing

and plus, WZR radio is pretty good too, I listen to it on most weeks

yeah but Broc he gets it from other sites he has no affiliation to

RyanClark
12-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Aww c'mon now "THEKEVINBRAND", that's not nice! Glad to be here and thanks for the support of the website.

RyanClark
12-14-2011, 01:11 AM
I report for numerous sites bud. My own six websites, EWN, and several others. Glad to be a reporter for them as well. Also glad to be a part of the forums. I saw this thread on the main website and said "Damn, why so much hatred?!". Take care guys, glad to be here.

Broc
12-14-2011, 01:14 AM
I report for numerous sites bud. My own six websites, EWN, and several others. Glad to be a reporter for them as well. Also glad to be a part of the forums. I saw this thread on the main website and said "Damn, why so much hatred?!". Take care guys, glad to be here.

which is obviously why he would want to c&p, lol don't worry about Kev, he's just an egotistical bastard :p

take care Ryan, keep up the good work with your WZR radio, need to get back into listening to those more often, I've called a few times, but I haven't listened in awhile

RyanClark
12-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks Broc, appreciate it bro. Thanks for your support.

SilverGhost
12-14-2011, 02:35 AM
Well...that guy is banned. This happened once before and Ryan made it clear that he himself wouldn't join any forums.

Had a nice laugh though.

AreYaSerious
12-14-2011, 03:19 AM
Well...that guy is banned. This happened once before and Ryan made it clear that he himself wouldn't join any forums.

Had a nice laugh though.

Knew it haha

el gabo
12-14-2011, 06:37 AM

Had a nice laugh though.

As if he had the time or the desire to be on the forum. He's in second place for most bashed on this site right after TNA.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-14-2011, 08:56 AM
we just crushed Broc's dream lol

Tommy Thunder
12-14-2011, 09:02 AM
we just crushed Broc's dream lol

Clark is Broc's idol!

THEKEVINBRAND
12-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Clark is Broc's idol!

exactly man, we crushed his dream, he thought it was Ryan Clark which in turn it wasn't all along

Tommy Thunder
12-14-2011, 09:52 AM
exactly man, we crushed his dream, he thought it was Ryan Clark which in turn it wasn't all along

I saw.
Nice tag btw lol!

THEKEVINBRAND
12-14-2011, 10:02 AM
I saw.
Nice tag btw lol!

that isn't mine, I just noticed it after you told me lol

Tommy Thunder
12-14-2011, 10:13 AM
that isn't mine, I just noticed it after you told me lol

Oh, I presumed after I saw you say 'we crushed Broc's dream' that it must have been yours lol!
Funny none the less!

THEKEVINBRAND
12-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Oh, I presumed after I saw you say 'we crushed Broc's dream' that it must have been yours lol!
Funny none the less!

never thought of it lol

Frank
12-14-2011, 10:40 AM
haha, believe it or not... that was the real Ryan Clark, his email checks out. So I unbanned him in case he decides to disregard this warm welcome

RyanClark
12-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Hah Frank, I created an account just for this one thread! :-) It's all in good fun, I don't take it personal. Maybe if I interact more they'll lay off a poor dude, lol! I honestly appreciate all you guys... even the people who for some reason highly dislike me! :-) Be good guys.

Androo
12-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Does anyone else see the mountain range of irony in this thread? BAHHH!

Wade Barrett 1979
12-14-2011, 11:29 AM
This has officially become one of the funniest threads of the year!! :)

The Brown One
12-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Hah Frank, I created an account just for this one thread! :-) It's all in good fun, I don't take it personal. Maybe if I interact more they'll lay off a poor dude, lol! I honestly appreciate all you guys... even the people who for some reason highly dislike me! :-) Be good guys.

Damn so you're the real deal? Tell me, how much do you make out of reporting? Just curious mate.

eyehatecena
12-14-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't really see whay everybody has against you. Even if you are just copying and pasting news from other sites, you are sharing it with everybody. Keeps us all from having to go to other, less cool sites to get the news

Automatic
12-14-2011, 11:39 AM
yeah but Broc he gets it from other sites he has no affiliation to

well well, the king of copy and paste joined the forums, we're not "safe" anymore!

Am I the only one who sees the irony/hypocrisy in this?

VanHooliganX
12-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Okay we all have to vote this next year in our slammy awards XD

Androo
12-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Am I the only one who sees the irony/hypocrisy in this?

Hey Auto, beat ya...

Does anyone else see the mountain range of irony in this thread? BAHHH!

LOL

THEKEVINBRAND
12-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm not being hypocrite, only stating the truth!

Automatic
12-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm not being hypocrite, only stating the truth!

You don't remember the time when you started a new thread about every bit of news that was posted on several sites?

THEKEVINBRAND
12-14-2011, 12:20 PM
You don't remember the time when you started a new thread about every bit of news that was posted on several sites?

yes i remember that, but i admitted my mistakes

The Brown One
12-14-2011, 12:50 PM

That was only about 2 weeks ago lol. But it makes for good discussion.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-14-2011, 01:03 PM
That was only about 2 weeks ago lol. But it makes for good discussion.

Exactly, it does, what else do you want us to talk about other than the news?

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 12:11 AM
which is obviously why he would want to c&p, lol don't worry about Kev, he's just an egotistical bastard :p

take care Ryan, keep up the good work with your WZR radio, need to get back into listening to those more often, I've called a few times, but I haven't listened in awhile

suck up and now broc is excited cus he got a response from ryan

but very true why the hate on the guy

THEKEVINBRAND
12-15-2011, 12:19 AM
suck up and now broc is excited cus he got a response from ryan

but very true why the hate on the guy

because he can't come up ith original news

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 12:23 AM
because he can't come up ith original news

if you put rob in charge he is gonna do the same thing he would read articles and post them on here i don´t see th difference

The Brown One
12-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Exactly, it does, what else do you want us to talk about other than the news?

Something creative maybe? Like they do in the blogs. They have long, but interesting responses, which is much more than I can say for some of the threads here. But I doubt everyones going to go through a wall of text to figure out what you're opinion is..

if you put rob in charge he is gonna do the same thing he would read articles and post them on here i don´t see th difference

That's actually a good point.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-15-2011, 12:41 AM

he'd be creative about his posts

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 12:43 AM
he'd be creative about his posts

how creative ryan clark does post his opinions sometimes after his articles unless rob does weekly articles reviewing each show from tna wwe and roh

THEKEVINBRAND
12-15-2011, 12:54 AM
we can sit here and argue all night, but truth to the matter is, I hate Ryan Clark, lot of sites do because they hate it hen they steal his ork and never credits them

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 12:56 AM
we can sit here and argue all night, but truth to the matter is, I hate Ryan Clark, lot of sites do because they hate it hen they steal his ork and never credits them

bingo the difference is rob would give credits

Wade Barrett 1979
12-15-2011, 09:44 AM
'90% of the internet is plagerism!!'

I copied and pasted that fact, from another web page! :D

Automatic
12-15-2011, 10:00 AM
LOL, doesn't almost every site just copy and paste from the Wrestling Observer?
Some mighty fine bullshit here.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-15-2011, 10:06 AM
LOL, doesn't almost every site just copy and paste from the Wrestling Observer?
Some mighty fine bullshit here.

Absolutely! As I say, it's not just confined to news site like this! A huge amount of info, across the board on the net is ripped off from other sources!!

Kashdinero
12-15-2011, 10:10 AM
All I know is SG banned Ryan Clark. ;)

Automatic
12-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Absolutely! As I say, it's not just confined to news site like this! A huge amount of info, across the board on the net is ripped off from other sources!!

I'm going to 'predict' some future headliners later.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-15-2011, 10:17 AM

That made this thread in to an, Instant Classic! :D

I'm going to 'predict' some future headliners later.

I await to see them!

Automatic
12-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Vince McMahon thought a WWE network was a necessity dating back to 2005.

The impetus of the idea came when the Raw contract expired with Spike and he
put it out there thinking he was going to make far more in rights fees by bidding
all the major cable systems against each other. But once Spike dropped out
early and then announced they were canceling the show, TBS and TNT and
everyone else but USA and WGN weren’t interested. WGN, because of low
visibility and a lack of national clearance would have been a disaster. So they
went to USA with a worse financial deal than they had on Spike to begin with
because they had no leverage at all to negotiate a new deal.
At that point, McMahon realized that without television, pro wrestling at this
level is dead. So he needed a safety valve in place, as he told people he was
close to at the time that they can’t ever risk a time when they aren’t on
American television.

thejman93
12-15-2011, 02:46 PM

We can never blame SG for anything ever again after that.

VanHooliganX
12-15-2011, 04:46 PM

God help us all.

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-15-2011, 05:43 PM
This is a weird and surprising thing to come back to.

Robstar
12-15-2011, 06:29 PM
We can never blame SG for anything ever again after that.

Not so sure about that! ;)

pauadrian
12-15-2011, 08:41 PM
it was funny that ryan was banned from here and he is the major reporter of the site

Broc
12-18-2011, 09:28 PM
My dream is still alive! :D

Bodom
12-18-2011, 09:29 PM

This is so awesome on so many levels.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Frank unbanned him lol

Tommy Thunder
12-21-2011, 09:47 AM
What's the deal with the new Forum coming in? Any updates?

Sully
12-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Lol, was that actually Ryan Clark? I didn't expect that to be really him at all...Let me guess, Vince McMahon is actually Vinnie Mac himself? :)

And as for the new forum, I don't know. Frank said there'd be an option to switch back and fourth, but I haven't seen anything like that show up.

VanHooliganX
12-21-2011, 11:22 AM
What's the deal with the new Forum coming in? Any updates?

I believe its coming sometime at the start of 2012 so we got awhile yet :)

Broc
12-21-2011, 12:26 PM
in all honesty, I didn't think that was Clark, I was mostly just fucking with him, but now that I know it is the real Ryan Clark, I feel so special.

and btw, if we redid the slammy awards, I guarantee Bodom banning Ryan Clark would be #1 without a doubt

Tommy Thunder
12-21-2011, 12:36 PM

Oh really? I must have missed that announcement!

Wade Barrett 1979
12-21-2011, 12:46 PM
in all honesty, I didn't think that was Clark, I was mostly just fucking with him, but now that I know it is the real Ryan Clark, I feel so special.

and btw, if we redid the slammy awards, I guarantee Bodom banning Ryan Clark would be #1 without a doubt

It was SG who hit him with the BanHammer! :D

Steve Austin
12-21-2011, 12:48 PM

Ah that's what the 'It Begins' promo's are for!

Broc
12-21-2011, 12:57 PM

I blame SG for me giving Bodom credit.... ew, Bodom doesn't get credit :)

Sully
12-21-2011, 03:29 PM

Nope, it's always Bodom.

Had a nice laugh though.

See, it was Bodom.

And even if it says SG made that post, Bodom probably hacked his account and made the post for him. ;)

Bodom
12-21-2011, 03:49 PM
If I could hack SG's account, I would do a lot more than ban Clark.

Sully
01-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Well, it's here...wow...so, is there going to be an option to change back if we wanted to?

Sully
01-04-2012, 03:15 AM
I'll be honest, there are A LOT of things that aren't too great with it. The posts for one, looks like they're all quotes. I already experienced major problems with images. It looks...really bland. I mean don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort and time that was put into changing this, but I just personally don't like it...

Oh, I see there is an auto save feature though...that could come in handing.

KJ PUNK
01-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Other than this thread being full of WIN, I don't mind the change (FINALLY!). the only thing that bothers me is the posts being in italics.

Sully
01-04-2012, 03:23 AM
How much have you tried out? Wait till you post some images...it told me the gif I was trying to post was too large...then after I waited 5 minutes uploading it, it attached it as a photo instead of a gif.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 03:27 AM
At least you guys have it easy. I can't see what I am posting :p

Sully
01-04-2012, 03:29 AM
There are a lot of parts I like, but there a lot of parts I don't like.

It seems smoother all around though, and some bugs I've been experiencing are fixed.

The colors seem to be working fantastically.

I wish we had all these good changes, but with the old theme, and without the weird posts.

SouthernBlood
01-04-2012, 03:34 AM
just a heads up...Does NOT work on firefox...I couldnt EVEN type let alone see it...There was no boxes....Nothing...no area to type posts...or pm's...wow...Plus this REALLY hurts my eyes bad

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 03:37 AM
just a heads up...Does NOT work on firefox...I couldnt EVEN type let alone see it...There was no boxes....Nothing...no area to type posts...or pm's...wow...Plus this REALLY hurts my eyes bad

Wow you are right. Firefox users are screwed! I was panicking for a moment lol

SouthernBlood
01-04-2012, 03:45 AM
Wow you are right. Firefox users are screwed! I was panicking for a moment lol

yea so was I...I didnt know what to think...Google Chrome fixed it all up though...man Ive got to get to sleep though cuz Ive got no choice with the way its blaring on my eyes.

IrkenInvader
01-04-2012, 03:48 AM
Is my name invisible to you guys or is it just me? There is a blank spot over 'Black Ninja' on my screen.

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-04-2012, 03:49 AM
Is my name invisible to you guys or is it just me? There is a blank spot over 'Black Ninja' on my screen.

Your profile looks the same as it did before. You are still invisible.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 03:50 AM
yea so was I...I didnt know what to think...Google Chrome fixed it all up though...man Ive got to get to sleep though cuz Ive got no choice with the way its blaring on my eyes.

Thanks for the heads up though!

SouthernBlood
01-04-2012, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the heads up though!

for sure cat daddy

IrkenInvader
01-04-2012, 03:54 AM
Your profile looks the same as it did before. You are still invisible.

Can you see my name though? That is what I'm getting at. I know it says I'm offline, I want to know if you can see my name because I can't.

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 03:55 AM
It doesn't work well with iPhones! I can't even upload a picture to post!

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 03:56 AM
Can you see my name though? That is what I'm getting at. I know it says I'm offline, I want to know if you can see my name because I can't.

We can see your name. It could be your browser.

IrkenInvader
01-04-2012, 03:57 AM
We can see your name. It could be your browser.

Chrome. I've never had a problem using it before.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 04:04 AM
Chrome. I've never had a problem using it before.

Ok. I see what you are talking about. I can't see my name since I turned inviso.

IrkenInvader
01-04-2012, 04:11 AM

Yeah this.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 04:14 AM

Yeah this.

Its probably a bug. If you want to see the username, you have to turn off invisible mode.

IrkenInvader
01-04-2012, 04:17 AM
Testing testing check one two

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/18/128767843492484743.jpg

IrkenInvader
01-04-2012, 04:18 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/18/128767843492484743.jpg

didn't work.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 04:19 AM
What about this?

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 04:19 AM
Lol fonts XD

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 04:20 AM
Another test

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 05:07 AM
It doesn't work well with iPhones! I can't even upload a picture to post!

Sorted it! The box just slides around the screen, when you first select it!

Sully
01-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Down in the who's online box, why are the some people who's names come up in black, and some in blue? They're not in order or anything, so it's not like it's alternating. My name is always in black, and the mods names are all in black. It's not by post count either, because The Brown One has 7,000+ posts and his name is in blue. But SG or Kash come up in black.

Tommy Thunder
01-04-2012, 06:01 AM
I'm going to conduct a thorough review of this new EWN before making my mind up. I'm on my iPod touch right now, I'll check out how it looks in full later and post my conclusions.

Sully
01-04-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm going to conduct a thorough review of this new EWN before making my mind up. I'm on my iPod touch right now, I'll check out how it looks in full later and post my conclusions.

I think this is a good idea. Like I said, there's a lot of good things I like about it, but there's a lot of bad things too.

Sully
01-04-2012, 06:10 AM
OK...what happened to the things on the side? Like the chat button, my inbox, my profile. I used that A LOT....

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Down in the who's online box, why are the some people who's names come up in black, and some in blue? They're not in order or anything, so it's not like it's alternating. My name is always in black, and the mods names are all in black. It's not by post count either, because The Brown One has 7,000+ posts and his name is in blue. But SG or Kash come up in black.

From what I can see, if you look at someone's profile that changes it from blue to black!

EDIT: I've noticed it's the same with viewed threads!

Tommy Thunder
01-04-2012, 06:15 AM
OK...what happened to the things on the side? Like the chat button, my inbox, my profile. I used that A LOT....

*notes this down on clipboard while shaking head*

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Don't know if it's due to being on my phone but I can't seem to edit my profile! In Customize, all I get is 3 buttons; Revert, Default and Save?!

Sully
01-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Don't know if it's due to being on my phone but I can't seem to edit my profile! In Customize, all I get is 3 buttons; Revert, Default and Save?!

It's the same thing for me, and I'm on a computer.

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Well to my knowledge all of this was added just the other day. I am sure that they will repair/add stuff within the next few days. I actually enjoy the new site. It is more spacious, and it looks more professional and cleaner. Even the profiles look slightly better. The site has dumped its old dark feel. I think this new site compliments the new year. Everyone is wanting fresh starts, and this was a brilliant way to handle all of it. No complaints from me!

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 07:13 AM
It's the same thing for me, and I'm on a computer.

Nooooo! I need to be able to change my sig daily! :p

Well to my knowledge all of this was added just the other day. I am sure that they will repair/add stuff within the next few days. I actually enjoy the new site. It is more spacious, and it looks more professional and cleaner. Even the profiles look slightly better. The site has dumped its old dark feel. I think this new site compliments the new year. Everyone is wanting fresh starts, and this was a brilliant way to handle all of it. No complaints from me!

To be fair I agree! I'm sure once the niggles have been ironed out, it'll be fine!

VanHooliganX
01-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Ugh, finally. I can fucking post now!

I fucking hate Chrome...

Dr. Death
01-04-2012, 09:30 AM
I haven't had any problems so far.

Bodom
01-04-2012, 10:10 AM
I fucking hate Chrome...

You have no soul.

ahmed
01-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Whenever you set yourself to invisible, your name disappears. If you unset that in your user profile and it still doesn't display your name, please send me a private message.

VanHooliganX
01-04-2012, 11:55 AM
You have no soul.

I assure you. I am not ginger [/southparkstereotype]