PDA

View Full Version : John Cena. GET REAL.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Is anyone else tired of John Cena getting completely owned by the Rock as a of lately? Are you also sick of how he responds to the audience every time they boo him out of the arena? I hope so because I don't want to be the only one.

For years, WWE has played Cena off as the most controversial athlete in wrestling today. Hell, that may have worked in 2005-2006, but from 2007-2011 it was becoming very apparent that he was not becoming controversial at all. People really disliked Cena, and it wasn't because he sucked at what he does -- people are just sick of him doing the "same old shit". Do I feel the same way? Yes, but I still find him a tad bit entertaining from time to time so I don't make a big fuss about it.

What I am going to make a big fuss about is what WWE and Cena are doing to cover this up. This whole "controversial athlete" and "I love the response of the fans" gig has run its course. Currently in his feud with the Rock, majority of the audiences have completely turned on him. He was boo'd out of Madison Square Garden. He was boo'd out of his hometown in Boston. That is not controversial; that my friends is a clear indication that he is highly disliked. How does he respond to that? "Oooh, they have a right to voice their opinions and I love it. RISE ABOVE HATE!" Give me a break. You mean to tell me after busting your ass for seven years, you're okay with the audience cheering for a guy who has been GONE for seven years and barely shows up, and booing you when you're there 24/7? Get real.

I want to see Cena get mad and add some heat to this feud with Rocky. To me, he is acting too "phony" and it's beginning to take away from the feud. Rock is bringing it each time, but Cena is holding back. For this to work, I think he'll need to drop the whole "I love it when the fans respond to me" crap and start getting mad about it. That does not mean he should turn heel. It just means he needs to get real. Now everytime I hear him say, "i love it when they cheer and boo me" it just sounds pathetic.

Thoughts?

URATOOL
11-28-2011, 02:34 AM
Is anyone else tired of John Cena getting completely owned by the Rock as a of lately? Are you also sick of how he responds to the audience every time they boo him out of the arena? I hope so because I don't want to be the only one.

For years, WWE has played Cena off as the most controversial athlete in wrestling today. Hell, that may have worked in 2005-2006, but from 2007-2011 it was becoming very apparent that he was not becoming controversial at all. People really disliked Cena, and it wasn't because he sucked at what he does -- people are just sick of him doing the "same old shit". Do I feel the same way? Yes, but I still find him a tad bit entertaining from time to time so I don't make a big fuss about it.

What I am going to make a big fuss about is what WWE and Cena are doing to cover this up. This whole "controversial athlete" and "I love the response of the fans" gig has run its course. Currently in his feud with the Rock, majority of the audiences have completely turned on him. He was boo'd out of Madison Square Garden. He was boo'd out of his hometown in Boston. That is not controversial; that my friends is a clear indication that he is highly disliked. How does he respond to that? "Oooh, they have a right to voice their opinions and I love it. RISE ABOVE HATE!" Give me a break. You mean to tell me after busting your ass for seven years, you're okay with the audience cheering for a guy who has been GONE for seven years and barely shows up, and booing you when you're there 24/7? Get real.

I want to see Cena get mad and add some heat to this feud with Rocky. To me, is acting too "phony" and it's beginning to take away from the feud. Rock is bringing it each time, but Cena is holding back. For this to work, I think he'll need to drop the whole "I love it when the fans respond to me" crap and start getting mad about it. That does not mean he should turn heel. It just means he needs to get real. Now everytime I hear him say, "i love it when they cheer and boo me" it just sounds pathetic.

Thoughts?

This should have been a blog.

Chavo
11-28-2011, 03:10 AM
Rock is bringing it each time VIA SATELLITE

Good post, fixed the only glaring error you had =)

Fan4Now
11-28-2011, 03:18 AM
I don't mind at at all. Rock does to Cena, what Cena's been doing to everyone else for 6 yrs. So what's the difference? PPL have been begging for some1 to own Cena, bc he's been Owning every1, including 7 guys by himself (Nexus), and now that Rock has returned to do just that. PPL are still complaining. Rock's gonna Own Cena, then leave, and come back sometimes, but after this, Cena will go back to owning every superstar 24/7. Be patient!

ryanator
11-28-2011, 03:30 AM
This should have been a blog.

dumb response.

ryanator
11-28-2011, 03:33 AM
Anyhow, i'm totally with you on this. I couldn't put my finger about what was bugging me about Cena lately; I mean, of course he had the same ol' shit for the past number of years. I've gotten over that. But lately, he's been irking me, and you nailed it.

My brother, who was a wrestling fan from the 80's til 2004, he just caught up since The Rock came back. The Rock, who used to be his favorite, is not the guy he's rooting for in this feud. He was rootin' for Cena. Simply, because he too felt Rocky betrayed WWE and ditched em. But now he has reverted back to The Rock's side, because he simply stated, Cena's a damn pussy. When Rocky insults him, all he does is smile.

THAT'S WEAK.
You're 100% right. Needs to get real.

LegendsMadeWrestling
11-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Great Post man and its true what you have said. I've never been a John Cena fan cuz of his whole thug bullcrap and now we got this kid loving guy who only cares about entertaining the people who buy his merchandise (Kids, Girls and Guys who don't know crap about wrestling entertainment) when I remember back in the day when the fans didn't like you they turned heel if they cheered for you they turn face for example: Bret Hart was one of the greatest faces of the WWE but people turned on him cuz they were tired of the same thing the same goes for The Rock, Undertaker, Stone Cold, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, Edge, Christian, Booker T, Kevin Nash and the list goes on they all brought different things into the WWE picture but John Cena doesn't that's why lil by lil he's gonna be the most hated face of the WWE which he is right now.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/302013_278231178861466_247118128639438_1081489_962 762899_n.jpg

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-28-2011, 03:56 AM
I don't mind at at all. Rock does to Cena, what Cena's been doing to everyone else for 6 yrs. So what's the difference? PPL have been begging for some1 to own Cena, bc he's been Owning every1, including 7 guys by himself (Nexus), and now that Rock has returned to do just that. PPL are still complaining. Rock's gonna Own Cena, then leave, and come back sometimes, but after this, Cena will go back to owning every superstar 24/7. Be patient!
What? No dude, you completely missed the point. I love that Rock is owning Cena and I hope he does it more often. I'd still have the same complaint if Cena was owning Rock and he still acted this way. I can't get behind someone who acts phony like Cena does. Even if he turns heel, it won't make a difference if he isn't being himself. He talks about these moral codes, but does nothing to back them up.

LM_StraightEdge
11-28-2011, 05:04 AM
Great Post man and its true what you have said. I've never been a John Cena fan cuz of his whole thug bullcrap and now we got this kid loving guy who only cares about entertaining the people who buy his merchandise (Kids, Girls and Guys who don't know crap about wrestling entertainment) when I remember back in the day when the fans didn't like you they turned heel if they cheered for you they turn face for example: Bret Hart was one of the greatest faces of the WWE but people turned on him cuz they were tired of the same thing the same goes for The Rock, Undertaker, Stone Cold, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, Edge, Christian, Booker T, Kevin Nash and the list goes on they all brought different things into the WWE picture but John Cena doesn't that's why lil by lil he's gonna be the most hated face of the WWE which he is right now.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/302013_278231178861466_247118128639438_1081489_962 762899_n.jpg

Completely agree with the bold print. If the crowd turned on you, they turned you heel. HBK v Diesel and Nash was the face, he kicked out of the sweet chin at 1, and the crowd started booing because they were trying to make him too strong. Vince turned him heel. Yet he is too scared to do that with Cena because he makes so much from merch sales etc. This "controversial" thing of Cena's is so boring. It's not controversial, people just don't like him.

The Brown One
11-28-2011, 05:43 AM
You make a good argument Wrestling_Deluxe_08. But I'm quite sure they make Cena say that rap everytime he gets owned, rather than show more aggression. It's not entirely Cena's fault, but the stupid writers, and Vince, whos been afraid to make a change to Cena (NOT a heel turn by any means) because hes sells merchandise well. But I think they're going to work on this problem, and have Cena get angry about something in the near future, and become more interesting. They have to. After all, hes not watchable by many, and the way he broke up The Awesome Truth last week with that promo proved it. It was a good promo, but he didn't deliver it angrily, he just did it in his normal tone of voice that's made him unbearable in the first place.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-28-2011, 05:49 AM
Good post, fixed the only glaring error you had =)

LOL .... he is still bringing it though. Even Via Satellite.

steveorton
11-28-2011, 06:07 AM
At Survivor Series after Dwanye Rock Bottomed Cena I saw Cena say something like "No more Mr. nice guy" and I thought that on Raw Cena would have went after the Rock on the mic and yet again he doesn't. The Rock keeps owning Cena and he's just comes out for Raw and is ok with it. Total bs if you ask me. Cena needs to step up his game cut some promo insulting the Rock because it is him who is there every week busting his ass for the business. I am sure if he starts standing up to The Rock he will get some respect but for god sake grow a pair and start showing some attitude.

jethro
11-28-2011, 06:28 AM
I think Cena the one carry this feud by himself all this time with Rock pop from titantron every now and then,I'm sure he'll fire up one day,Cena can't get mad every week...not good for his health.

Jayoholic
11-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Why bother? If Cena owns Rock, we wouldn't accept it. Matter of fact, we would hate him even more. That's just how it is. People are flip floppers, but when it comes to that man...no matter what he do, their minds are made up. We made this "monster", now we'll have to continue to deal with it.

Bennyladd1
11-28-2011, 07:10 AM
agree 100%, cena isnt controversial at all these days, hes just beyond stale, people boo him because hes boring.

Jags
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM
At a point where he had a mini-feud with Alberto Del Rio I thought he put some more intensity to his character, I hoped he stayed that way. I don't understand why Alberto Del Rio pissed him off by cashing in his briefcase and he smiles away that Rock Bottom he ate at Survivor Series.

rtb227
11-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Personally if he could do it well, I believe Cena could make a great tweener, he already gets a mixed crowd reaction. let him do more moves such as the monkey flip he did at survivor series but still be have as a face just with a little bit of aggression like he said he had in his first match against kurt angle. If he shows he can actually wrestle like he did against cm punk at money in the bank, he might get more respect from the men in the audience.

Shining Light
11-28-2011, 03:48 PM
The majority hate Cena? Sorry but you are kinda ignoring the people who actually cheer for him in other cities on certain nights and overlooking the boos he gets on other nights. You can't prove that hes highly while your evidence is boos he got from certain nights.

You DUBS, are a genius! I 100% agree with you! It annoys me how people say "Cena is hated by nearly everyone" but just ignore the kids who cheer for him every night. I know the fact that their kids is why people don't count them but their still Cena fans... regardless of their age

Sully
11-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks man! It annoys me too.

Exactly. I was going to make a post similar to what DUBS said, but I saw that he already said everything I was going to.

The Cena hate is ridiculous, but at the same time, people don't even realize how many fans he still has. And if anything, I would say Cena is owning The Rock every time, and it's Dwayne who isn't "getting real".

Shining Light
11-28-2011, 03:55 PM
In fact... one could say that The Rock is kinda getting repetitive with his insults to Cena

*Braces for public outrage*

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-28-2011, 11:11 PM
How exactly is The Rock owning Cena? All The Rock has done is call him a Fruity Pebble and a transvestite Wonder Women without responding to the points that Cena has made about him. I like The Rock but the childish Fruity Pebble jokes and "lady parts" thing is lame. Also, hes still a face so is he suppose to tell the crowd to shut up because of their reaction or something?

His character isn't about being controversial nor has it ever been. I never understood why WWE or anybody else seen the dynamic of his character that way. His character is about believing in something that's right even if the crowd hates him or not. And I find it funny how hes called out for doing the same ol shit even when hes not competing for the WWE Title right now which some people had a main problem with and that's competing for the WWE Title all the time.

The majority hate Cena? Sorry but you are kinda ignoring the people who actually cheer for him in other cities on certain nights and overlooking the boos he gets on other nights. You can't prove that hes highly hated while your evidence is boos he got from certain nights.

Hes stated numerous times that he enjoys the reaction he gets whether its good or bad. At least hes getting some type of reaction from the fans. I highly doubt the boos are getting to him or else he would have been turned heel. Obviously he loves his current crowd reaction so whats the problem?

While I kinda agree that Cena needs to add some heat to this feud, The Rock also needs to add some heat into the feud as well, not just Cena. All of this "Boots to asses" and Fruity Pebble jokes with the lackluster promos hes been cutting isn't going to cut it with me.

And its fans like you that will continue to enable how fucking boring and overbooked Cena is right now. YES. He is highly DISLIKED. Phildelphia. Toronto. Houston. Georgia. How many cities do I have to name? You want more evidence? Go watch ANY Cena match from 2007-current. ANY Cena match. Does he get cheers? Yes, but he gets WAY more boos. You will most likely run into only a handful with the audience completely behind him.If anything else, READ the topics on Cena here on the internet. 90% of them are hate topics and he isn't highly disliked? Just stop. Quit trying to hide fact.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-29-2011, 12:13 AM
So since I'm responding to the points you made maturely, I'm one of "those fans" (Obviously you meant Cena mark) overlooking Cena's "boring" booking. LOL Butthurt FTW!

Again, you have no eveidence to prove that Cena is highly disliked. You are just naming 4 cities that he got booed from to support your evidence. So yes, keep ignoring the the amount cheers he gets on certain nights and overlook the boos to support your theory of "the majoirty" hating Cena as that's only been your argument thus far.

Still, that's not enough to prove that hes mostly hated by the fans. I know more then a handful of people who cheer Cena but am I going to say he mostly gets cheered? No, because I have no evidence to back it up just like you have no evidence to back up that Cena's mostly gets booed. You have people that don't like him, people who like him, and people who are indifferent with him. Simple as that. Also, nice try in trying to use thread topics on Cena to support your theory but again, you have people on here that say they are fans of him, they don't like him, and others who say they are indifferent with him. Why you think they say Cena gets a mixed reaction? Because people have a variety of opinions on him.
Sorry, I'm not butthurt. I'm just calling you out on your BS. Do you want me to name every single city Cena got boo'd in? I would, but unfortunately I have other things to do with my time and I can't afford to waste it typing out EVERY city Cena is boo'd in? Because it is way too many. It does not matter if I say he is "highly disliked" or just plan ol' disliked. You're a wrestling fan. You've watched Cena over the last few years. You know he is boo'd loudly on mostly every occassion. Dude, he was boo'd out of his HOMETOWN! What more evidence do you need?

Why am I even trying to argue this with you? I see you won't ever accept it, even if it is true. You'll just continue to convince yourself that Cena is loved and no one dislikes him. He is just "controversial" and he gets a reaction. Whatever bro. Do you.

Juvenile Junkie
11-29-2011, 07:01 AM
John Cena sucks.His fan base proves that small things amuse small minds.

Pumpkinhead
11-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Well I think they are building Cena to explode soon, remember He had been Rock Bottomed in WM 27 and SS and he haven't response so he going to own Rock, and is very likely he wins in WM 28!!!

Juvenile Junkie
11-29-2011, 08:17 AM
so he going to own Rock, and is very likely he wins in WM 28!!!

And just like the WCW/bums on seats moment,a wrestling company loses 3 million fans

tittle97
11-29-2011, 09:48 AM
I think the biggest thing is all the boos are finally starting to get to Vince himself, hence the Piper's Pit segment. I think Vince finally realizes that the boos aren't going away, and hopefully he will allow a few tweaks to Cena's character. The last time Cena showed any REAL intensity was when he freaked out on Del Rio for cashing in the MITB briefcase on Punk.

Shining Light
11-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Sorry, I'm not butthurt. I'm just calling you out on your BS. Do you want me to name every single city Cena got boo'd in? I would, but unfortunately I have other things to do with my time and I can't afford to waste it typing out EVERY city Cena is boo'd in? Because it is way too many. It does not matter if I say he is "highly disliked" or just plan ol' disliked. You're a wrestling fan. You've watched Cena over the last few years. You know he is boo'd loudly on mostly every occassion. Dude, he was boo'd out of his HOMETOWN! What more evidence do you need?

Why am I even trying to argue this with you? I see you won't ever accept it, even if it is true. You'll just continue to convince yourself that Cena is loved and no one dislikes him. He is just "controversial" and he gets a reaction. Whatever bro. Do you.

Dude.. calm down. Everyone has their own opinion and their entitled to it. You might not agree with it, but there's no need to go off on one!

Also, and I ain't calling you out for it, just wondering what's with the random question mark that I've bolded there lol