PDA

View Full Version : Masked Kane or not?

twoot2
11-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Do you guys want to see Kane back with the Mask or not? I personally want him back with the mask but i dont know how effective it would be in this "PG" era..

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Not that it matters to anyone else, but I always believed that if Kane ever had his mask again then it would only look right with his long hair and goetee. Aside from that I think they only added the mask to his return video to keep people tuning in. They know how crazy the fans are when it comes to the famous flamed mask.

helmsley
11-27-2011, 07:52 PM
i hope he returns as the big red machine, not as the big jobber machine lol

now seriously, i would love if kane returned with his slow chemical theme, i think it was awesome and fitted him perfectly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfV54FAECzA

bladesyGTS
11-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Only thing is, when you see his return video promo, the mask was in it... but you didn't see Kane wearing it, as much as i'd love to see hi back with the mask, you just know it won't happen!

bcfccalum
11-27-2011, 08:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boeq-_oRFUk&feature=related

i'd much rather he returned with this theme, its much more intimidating than his slow chemical theme

Adreme
11-27-2011, 08:13 PM
What I find interesting is that mask looks different than his normal one did. From that SS it looks like it has a bigger opening around the mouth to make breathing in it far far easier.

nrb6304
11-27-2011, 08:26 PM
What I find interesting is that mask looks different than his normal one did. From that SS it looks like it has a bigger opening around the mouth to make breathing in it far far easier.

I think it's his 2002-2003 mask.

http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/53/No_mercy_2002.jpg/200px-No_mercy_2002.jpg

Wrestlinfan608
11-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Not that it matters to anyone else, but I always believed that if Kane ever had his mask again then it would only look right with his long hair and goetee. Aside from that I think they only added the mask to his return video to keep people tuning in. They know how crazy the fans are when it comes to the famous flamed mask.

I have said this a million times ( proof that most fans didn't watch wrestling ten years ago? ) Kane, when he first unmasked, did not have real hair. The mask had a wig attached to it. What is the concern about him not having hair? He never had hair in the first place!

And without a shadow of a doubt, he is coming back with the mask. Why would the WWE show the mask in the promo?? Anybody who thinks this is some kind of "trick" is just looking to much into it, far to much into it

helmsley
11-27-2011, 08:44 PM
well, if i remember correctly, when kane was unmasked he used to have a titantron that showed his mask, so who knows, its part of his character, but he does not necessarly needs to wear it

Wrestlinfan608
11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
well, if i remember correctly, when kane was unmasked he used to have a titantron that showed his mask, so who knows, its part of his character, but he does not necessarly needs to wear it

I just think that there would be no reason to show the mask, like why remind people of it if they weren't going to use it? what would be the point?

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I have said this a million times ( proof that most fans didn't watch wrestling ten years ago? ) Kane, when he first unmasked, did not have real hair. The mask had a wig attached to it. What is the concern about him not having hair? He never had hair in the first place!

And without a shadow of a doubt, he is coming back with the mask. Why would the WWE show the mask in the promo?? Anybody who thinks this is some kind of "trick" is just looking to much into it, far to much into it

If he comes back with the mask then I will say that I was wrong and you were right. However, he did actually have hair at one point. Up until' he had his mask removed in '03 he shaved his head and put the hair on to the mask itself. If you look at his other matches compared to his one match with Rob Van Dam you would have noticed that the hair was more goofy and lifeless on his head. He came to this decision because he was already gradually becoming bald, and the mask was removed due to breathing problems. Also, I am looking too far into it.. But I did that on my own accord. I wasn't reaching out for people to believe what I was preaching.

A lot of the times when people come back they show glimpses of their past in their return promo's. If you actually take the time to search for all of my posts regarding Kane on this website then you would know how big of a fan I was when it came to the mask. I am not even going to argue about this because you are obviously trying to troll me. So I will leave it here before you start telling me that Luke Gallows was the real Kane all along.

CM_SUXX_NOT
11-27-2011, 09:08 PM
If he comes back with the mask then I will say that I was wrong and you were right. However, he did actually have hair at one point. Up until' he had his mask removed in '03 he shaved his head and put the hair on to the mask itself. If you look at his other matches compared to his one match with Rob Van Dam you would have noticed that the hair was more goofy and lifeless on his head. He came to this decision because he was already gradually becoming bald, and the mask was removed due to breathing problems. Also, I am looking too far into it.. But I did that on my own accord. I wasn't reaching out for people to believe what I was preaching.

A lot of the times when people come back they show glimpses of their past in their return promo's. If you actually take the time to search for all of my posts regarding Kane on this website then you would know how big of a fan I was when it came to the mask. I am not even going to argue about this because you are obviously trying to troll me. So I will leave it here before you start telling me that Luke Gallows was the real Kane all along.

I don't think he was trolling you; rather, someone had a different opinion and you took it very personally

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-27-2011, 09:17 PM
I don't think he was trolling you; rather, someone had a different opinion and you took it very personally

I respect that. I guess my judgement was slightly clouded. I was just explaining my opinion off of his own opinion. All-In-All... I didn't mean for my words to come off that way. I do admit that my last few words were a little bit tasteless. I should not have called him a troll or mentioned Luke Gallows. Sorry, WrestlingFan.

The Brown One
11-27-2011, 09:20 PM

Or maybe you're not looking enough into it. Some fans automatically jumped to the conclusion that masked Kane was returning because there was a mask in the video. He wasn't even wearing the mask in the video, and it was on fire. If that doesn't mean something else to you, then you're missing the message.

Actually I'd say this guys been a borderline troll for a while now.

MachoManFan
11-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Or maybe you're not looking enough into it. Some fans automatically jumped to the conclusion that masked Kane was returning because there was a mask in the video. He wasn't even wearing the mask in the video, and it was on fire. If that doesn't mean something else to you, then you're missing the message.

^This. with added boldness for truth.
As much as I'd love to see Kane return with the mask I just don't see it happening these days. I expect that when Kane returns he'll return as a heel and go on a rampage but I can't see how wwe can put a mask back on a wrestler who we all know and who was doing Santino's trumpet dance not too long ago.

straightedge916
11-27-2011, 09:43 PM
They need to have him come back without the mask and run a storyline with someone and have his face get burnt. Then it would make sense for him to come back to the mask. But if he just randomly showed back up with the mask it wouldn't make sense.

VKM
11-27-2011, 09:50 PM

I agree. And WWE dropped the ball with Sean O'Haire. But hey, I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know

robster904
11-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Well I guess what you guys have failed to realize is that he actually is wearing the mask in the video--albeit--quite subliminally. It only appears for about a second (maybe even less). If you go frame by frame around the :12 second mark of any of the :30 second videos, you'll see him dawning the half mask that's later burned.

For me though, the thing that has me believed he will come back masked or at the very least in a new attire (that still pays tribute to his past) is the fact he is wearing the studded glove in the video. The same glove worn in his full masked days.

evilgenius780
11-27-2011, 10:03 PM
from a storyline perspective, it doesn't really make sense, but I think it would appeal to older fans. Mask or no mask, I just hope they book him better, at the end of the day, the mask was part of the costume, great booking made him a force.

The Brown One
11-27-2011, 10:11 PM
They need to have him come back without the mask and run a storyline with someone and have his face get burnt. Then it would make sense for him to come back to the mask. But if he just randomly showed back up with the mask it wouldn't make sense.

Technically that might have a chance of working. But it would be a really stupid idea to try with the PG rating.

straightedge916
11-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Technically that might have a chance of working. But it would be a really stupid idea to try with the PG rating.

Well getting burned isn't really non-PG.

URATOOL
11-27-2011, 11:03 PM

What if it was sun burnt. Maybe someone could turn off the timer on a sun bed Kane was using......

The Brown One
11-27-2011, 11:30 PM

Showing him get burned on tv isn't PG.

t0ne513
11-27-2011, 11:55 PM
If you look up his promo on YouTube he does in fact have the mask on at one point. I came across a video that slows down and shows all the key parts of the promo and it shows a lot of interesting things that you may have missed watching the regular promo.

Mtt08 xXx
11-28-2011, 12:03 AM
If you look up his promo on YouTube he does in fact have the mask on at one point. I came across a video that slows down and shows all the key parts of the promo and it shows a lot of interesting things that you may have missed watching the regular promo.

i just looked it up on youtube. its actually pretty cool. some people have way too much free time.

heres the link (sorry, first video ive posted. i dont know how to post the video and not the link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8QnFTOubqI

Kiss My Ass Club Member
11-28-2011, 12:18 AM
I dont think hes had enough time to grow his hair out long enough. The mask wouldnt look right if he was still bald. Unless its some type of new modified mask that would cover his entire head. Yes he wore a wig for the match in which he unmasked but before that it was his real hair and he cant always wear a wig because eventually itl fall off during a match most likely.

And why would they show his mask in the new promos if hes not guna wear it when he returns? simple. its like his logo. Its recognizable and you instantly know its him and that the promo is for his return. You know its Kane without even having him in it or putting his name in there.

straightedge916
11-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Showing him get burned on tv isn't PG.

Maybe, but they've defied PG numerous times since February when the Rock cam back.

Muzza_H16
11-28-2011, 12:57 AM

Haha yes for that episode of raw he was wearing a wig, and underneath it, his hair was retardedly shaved for dramatic effect to look like he was scarred. But before then, Glen Jacobs always had his own long hair lol.......

And the proof......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmUZ3KmXam8

Owned.

The Brown One
11-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Maybe, but they've defied PG numerous times since February when the Rock cam back.

Lol I knew you were going to bring that up!
But there's a difference between a few swears and having someone being burned on tv.

jethro
11-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Man just when I thought WWE have no more idea for Kane after his Heavyweight title run and then a video of Kane return to WWE,teasing whether he'll wear the mask freshen up his whole gimmick imo.

evilgenius780
11-28-2011, 02:40 AM
Lol I knew you were going to bring that up!
But there's a difference between a few swears and having someone being burned on tv.

You're right, but they don't really have to show him getting burned..they could imply it somehow.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-28-2011, 02:42 AM
He only has one last run left in him, IMO. Why not return with the Mask? I say put it back on.

Rick BoA
11-28-2011, 04:23 AM
Ive always hated that they took Kanes mask off. He has a baby face, and its not intimidating at all.

I hope he comes back with his mask, and my goodness I hope he comes back wearing a shirt again. He has become a little too chubby over the last few years.

Also Kane had real hair with his mask. Look at the video of the first time he was unmasked.

Lowki
11-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Why would he burn the mask years after he's already taken it off? The only thing that video may show is the symbollic killing off of "the monster" side of kane..

The thing about his mask return is that people said exactly the same about the Undertaker; Would his deadman gimmick work in PG. Every kid's film has some kind of villain - Kane should be that.

Bennyladd1
11-28-2011, 07:32 AM
i really hope he does have the mask and his 2003'ish theme song.

Y2Jryder
11-28-2011, 08:35 AM
It's a shame that Kane can't do a big chokeslam anymore

Kiss My Ass Club Member
11-28-2011, 10:13 AM
It seems most of you want to see him with a mask again. I remember back then when everyone was tired of his mask and wanted him to remove it because otherwise he would never be taken seriously as a title contender haha. Now everyone sees how ugly he is and want the mask back on.

Lowki
11-29-2011, 07:49 AM
It seems most of you want to see him with a mask again. I remember back then when everyone was tired of his mask and wanted him to remove it because otherwise he would never be taken seriously as a title contender haha. Now everyone sees how ugly he is and want the mask back on.
I was pretty pissed when he took his mask off tbh. I was pretty pissed when he changed his attire the first time even!

Rebel Lion
11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
I would definitely like to see Kane with the mask when he comes back. And no, he doesn't need a wig attatched to the mask to pull it off. It will be a meshing of the masked and unmasked Kane. similar to hot today's Undertaker is a blend of eary Undertaker and 'American Bad Ass' Undertaker. I don't see a problem with Kane rockin' the mask with a baldie at all.

I see people questioning how will it be justified that Kane would return with the mask seeing as how there was no 'burning' angle to justify it. What I think the mask really harkens to is the psychosis of the mind behind the mask. Seems like Kane being inducted into Mark Henry's 'Hall Of Pain' will unleash the monster in him, just like Big Show slamming Mark Henry through the steel cage and injuring him unleashed Henry. I personally won't be as excited if he doesn't return with the mask.

The promo also had the phrase 'Kane Resurrected' in it, which makes me feel he will resurrect the fire of his former self, returning with mask.

tittle97
11-29-2011, 11:55 AM
If he returns with the mask, I hope it's the first mask, and his original attire. IMO his most badass look. If WWE does bring the mask back, I hope they don't mess it up.

SilverGhost
11-29-2011, 01:08 PM
>Sees Kane's video return
>Sees a person that says its Sting

o.O'

Shining Light
11-29-2011, 01:47 PM
>Sees Kane's video return
>Sees a person that says its Sting

o.O'

You see, that's what I love about these forums... you can see the people who try to take it that one step too far

leighG
11-29-2011, 04:00 PM
For people saying he wouldn't like right with a bald look/mask combo, you never seen Friday the 13th? (Not the shitty 2009 version), I think he could look quite impressive as the unstoppable masked monster, ala Jason Voorhees

D-Rock
11-29-2011, 04:09 PM
There would be nothing better than to see Kane, already demented, go back to his destructive roots and return with the mask.

Dr. Death
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't think that will happen, hence the mask burning.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-30-2011, 01:11 AM
It should be interesting to note that Kane also shattered a mirror on the same night that he lost his mask.