PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho vs CM Punk: whose side are you on?

The Brown One
11-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Assuming that this great matchup does happen next year, who will you be pulling for?

I really enjoy what Punk does, but I'd have to go with Jericho. To me, he's one of, if not the best entertainer in wrestling. But one things for sure, we'll get the best matches we've seen in a long time.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-27-2011, 06:27 AM
As long as the match is great (which it should be) then that'll do for me! I'll be pulling for both guys, to put on an epic match!

Super Kicked
11-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Just putting those two names together gives it match of the year potential, I think we all win. I can see the main event at Wrestlemania being The Man of 1004 Holds vs The Anaconda Vice.

It would be cool to see a lot of back and forth victories with CM Punk coming out on top, but it makes me ask the question, is Jericho at the point in his career where he'll be putting over younger talent, or does he have a few more title reigns left in him?

daverende5
11-27-2011, 06:59 AM
For me it depends on how Chris returns (if he returns), but now I would go for Punk.
Chris has been gone a while now, 15 months, and I don't know if he can interest/entertain me yet (but I'm positive, I think he can).
Punk now is becoming big, so they should give Jericho the same credibilaty.

But in the end, I think it doesn't matter anymore,I hope that they are going to be the mainevent match, and I think neither of them need the win, as long as it's a good match.

Mikeyboy7777777
11-27-2011, 07:05 AM
it doesn't matter as long as there is a big ham fight meaning trying to one up each other in the match in the promo's in everything including take that moments etc. but equal so not like punk is saying all those things and jericho isn't saying stuff back but with this i'm on punk's side and on jericho's side i hope it ends in a draw the first couple of matchesXD

Mikeyboy7777777
11-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Just putting those two names together gives it match of the year potential, I think we all win. I can see the main event at Wrestlemania being The Man of 1004 Holds vs The Anaconda Vice.

It would be cool to see a lot of back and forth victories with CM Punk coming out on top, but it makes me ask the question, is Jericho at the point in his career where he'll be putting over younger talent, or does he have a few more title reigns left in him?

jericho wrote in his book that jericho beating a young guy doesn't mean anything but a young guy beating jericho is huge so he will be putting over younger talent ofcourse in grand feuds etc. but also upset victories

HeartlessAttack
11-27-2011, 07:15 AM
I think they're both arrogant about their wrestling ability (they're not as great as they think they are), but I'd have to go with Y2J, cuz he's showed his talent plenty of times. I mean, what's Punk done that's actually so utterly brilliant? Very little.

Mizfit
11-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Who would i want to win, Jericho

Who do I think would win, Punk

Dr. Death
11-27-2011, 07:33 AM
CM Punk vs Y2J at WM 28, that's worth buying the PPV by itself.

AOF666
11-27-2011, 07:39 AM
I think they're both arrogant about their wrestling ability (they're not as great as they think they are), but I'd have to go with Y2J, cuz he's showed his talent plenty of times. I mean, what's Punk done that's actually so utterly brilliant? Very little.

I kind of have to disagree on that statement. Jericho and Goldberg got into a real fight and Jericho won. Goldberg has at least 50 pounds on Jericho!

Chavo
11-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Honestly, I think the promos would cause such a build up the match would be a total disappointment. Dont get me wrong, CM Punk is a great worker and Y2J is, well hes freakin Y2J but unless Y2J has some warm-up matches (from at least the Royal Rumble on) I dont think the match would satisfy anyones expectations

Y2J___Y2J
11-27-2011, 08:50 AM
I won't be rooting for anyone.. but just expecting a great match, if this did happen.
It'll kinda be like HBK vs Taker.. not really going for anyone.. but you just know it's going to be a classic

rsf8405
11-27-2011, 10:29 AM
I dont know if hes gonna be sticking around for long if he does return.He going back to the UK in june for a fozzy tour :/

Y2Jryder
11-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Since when you have to be on a side??

Tommy Thunder
11-27-2011, 10:48 AM
I like both guys, without a shadow of doubt. I've liked Punk's work since his WWE debut, but I've liked Jericho for longer, so I'd have to say I'm on Jericho's side here.
He's one of the best entertainers in the business from the last 10 years, and one of the best wrestlers. So I'd be firmly in Jericho's corner for this clash should it happen.

Polly-Pablo
11-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Jericho is and will always be superior to Punk.....Punk has done well lately but....he's still not fit to shine Jericho's boots

bearsfantildeath
11-27-2011, 12:26 PM
i agree...is y2j ready to put punk over? cm has to win this match assuming it happens at wm. losing to a guy whos been out 2 years would kill all momentem he has going. if jericho is coming back it would be best in the world vs. best in the world at what i do, and right now punk has all the right to say he's the best cuz y2j is dancing and game showing and jammin out with his band. punk will eclipce orton and cena as top face in 2012 and a victory over jericho at wm would make him a huge star...but i still say punk should wrestle undertaker and end the streak...that would make him even bigger a star.

evilgenius780
11-27-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm a bigger fan of Jericho then Punk, so I would lean towards him, but, these guys have the potential to put on such a great match, I think the winner would not really matter

AWrestlingGod
11-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Chris Jericho and CM Punk are almost equal and i love them both equally i mean the one thing Chris Jericho has is more experience so I have grown to love Jericho much more but i remember watching CM Punk in Roh having some of the greatest matches ever with Samoa joe and even Chris Hero so to seem them clash at Mania will be hard.

But im going to go with Chris Jericho

The Brown One
11-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Since when you have to be on a side??

You don't. I just wanted to see how people would react to the question. Who would they support more - a talent who has risen very quickly over the past 4 months - CM Punk, or The best in the world at what he does - Chris Jericho, who has been away for over a year. But as we've seen, fans support both of them very much, and know that they're in for a great feud.

i agree...is y2j ready to put punk over? cm has to win this match assuming it happens at wm. losing to a guy whos been out 2 years would kill all momentem he has going. if jericho is coming back it would be best in the world vs. best in the world at what i do, and right now punk has all the right to say he's the best cuz y2j is dancing and game showing and jammin out with his band. punk will eclipce orton and cena as top face in 2012 and a victory over jericho at wm would make him a huge star...but i still say punk should wrestle undertaker and end the streak...that would make him even bigger a star.

You mean like how The Rock returned, took up all the promo time - so Miz and Truth couldn't cut many promos, and then destroyed Truth and Miz in 3 minutes at Madison Square Garden? I don't think that will happen with Punk and Y2J, if the feud is done right. They should both get in equal promos, and have an even match.

CobraNightviper
11-27-2011, 05:58 PM
I like both but I like Jericho better I guess because for one he's been around longer and two I like heels better.

eyehatecena
11-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Assuming that this great matchup does happen next year, who will you be pulling for?

I really enjoy what Punk does, but I'd have to go with Jericho. To me, he's one of, if not the best entertainer in wrestling. But one things for sure, we'll get the best matches we've seen in a long time.
I can not chose- all I know it would be better than anything else that has been shown on RAW or SD in a long time(And yes, there have been some good/great matches on both shows)

AreYaSerious
11-27-2011, 11:08 PM
I can't take a side, both are great.

URATOOL
11-27-2011, 11:10 PM
If that match even happens it will be about 3 - 4 years from now and only if Punk rides his wave for that long. It'll be the torch handing era vs era match. Just like Hogan/Rock and Rock/Cena. It'll be WM 31 or 32s big, icon vs icon match. If that happens it should really be Punk that wins. But I'm not sure Jericho ego could take losing his "Best in the World" title.

The Brown One
11-27-2011, 11:28 PM
If that match even happens it will be about 3 - 4 years from now and only if Punk rides his wave for that long. It'll be the torch handing era vs era match. Just like Hogan/Rock and Rock/Cena. It'll be WM 31 or 32s big, icon vs icon match. If that happens it should really be Punk that wins. But I'm not sure Jericho ego could take losing his "Best in the World" title.

I hope that's sarcasm. Jericho has no problem putting over younger guys, and hes made that very clear in interviews and in his matches. He put over jobbers like Evan Bourne before the last time he took a break from wrestling.

URATOOL
11-27-2011, 11:35 PM
I hope that's sarcasm. Jericho has no problem putting over younger guys, and hes made that very clear in interviews and in his matches. He put over jobbers like Evan Bourne before the last time he took a break from wrestling.

Ahh but that was just a match. Anyone can lose a match here and there. But you know that this would be billed as "The Best in the World Vs The Best in the World" "Who really is the Best in the World?". It would be like asking Rocky to give up his title of "The People's Champion". I might be completely wrong, but I'm not sure Jericho would be to pleased about losing that part of his legacy.

VanHooliganX
11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
I'll be routing for Y2J but I think they'd give Punk the win.

Overall just looking for a great match if i'm honest.

zapphoman
11-28-2011, 12:08 AM
If that match does happen, I wouldn't care who won. I'm a mark for both of those guys and that match would be beyond amazing.

The Brown One
11-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Ahh but that was just a match. Anyone can lose a match here and there. But you know that this would be billed as "The Best in the World Vs The Best in the World" "Who really is the Best in the World?". It would be like asking Rocky to give up his title of "The People's Champion". I might be completely wrong, but I'm not sure Jericho would be to pleased about losing that part of his legacy.

I'm sure his ego isn't THAT big lol. I'm also sure he wouldn't mind putting over someone like CM Punk, whos spent years honing his skills overseas, and has taken a lot of shit to get where he is now. But I don't really care who wins, as we're guaranteed a good match when Jericho is in it.

Peter Kaymakcian
11-28-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm pulling for Punk

URATOOL
11-28-2011, 02:09 AM
I'm sure his ego isn't THAT big lol. I'm also sure he wouldn't mind putting over someone like CM Punk, whos spent years honing his skills overseas, and has taken a lot of shit to get where he is now. But I don't really care who wins, as we're guaranteed a good match when Jericho is in it.

You may be right. I hope you are. As retired old folks shouldn't hold back from putting over the younger stars. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

steveorton
11-28-2011, 06:20 AM
I know I will be cheering both guys, However presently I feel I will be pulling for Punk to win.