PDA

View Full Version : 2 Money in the bank briefcases for both titles? Do or don't?

Jags
11-26-2011, 08:37 AM
What if the two Money in the Bank briefcases could be cashed in on both the WWE title and WHC title?

I haven't really looked at the cons of it, but it does add perspective and unpredictability to the title scene as the second Money in the Bank holder can cash in right after the first Money in the Bank holder.

Mizfit
11-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Personnally I would change the way the MITB works all together,

I would have a 10 man MITB at Mania where the winner can challenge for either the WHC or WWE title,

then at the MITB PPV I would have two 6 man matches where where the winners can if they are from smackdown cash in on either the IC title or the tag team titles with a partner of their choice and and if they win the Raw ladder match they can challenge for either the US title or tag teams

I also wouldnt be against seeing a Diva MITB match they keep on saying they dont get given a chance so how about a MITB match so they either put up or shut up, if its terribly they dont do it again if it works well then they can do it again.

I say add more breifcases so that there are more opertunities for different scenarios, and not playing it safe by repeating the same outcome everytime.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-26-2011, 09:26 AM
I would have a 10 man MITB at Mania where the winner can challenge for either the WHC or WWE title.

So basically have it go back to how it was!

Mizfit
11-26-2011, 09:27 AM
So basically have it go back to how it was!

pretty much yes, but IMO the MITB has run its course and its time for a new inovation, but I doubt its going to happen anytime soon especially with how well the MITB PPV did this year

Shining Light
11-26-2011, 09:30 AM
pretty much yes, but IMO the MITB has run its course and its time for a new inovation, but I doubt its going to happen anytime soon especially with how well the MITB PPV did this year

That was because of Punk VS Cena, not the MITB matches though...
I thought the idea of having themed PPV's was to promote the themed match, in this case it being the MITB match
If all we looked forward to Punk VS Cena only, then it's time for the PPV to go, as it's purpose isn't being served

Mizfit
11-26-2011, 09:51 AM
That was because of Punk VS Cena, not the MITB matches though...
I thought the idea of having themed PPV's was to promote the themed match, in this case it being the MITB match
If all we looked forward to Punk VS Cena only, then it's time for the PPV to go, as it's purpose isn't being served

Maybe so but at the end of the day ratings are ratings, wether they are for the reason you intended or not.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-26-2011, 09:54 AM

True but that was due to Punk v Cena and the whole Punk shoot aftermath, rather than the actual MITB briefcase matches! You could have supplanted that match to any PPV and it would have sold well because of it!

I agree though, the concept is getting stale and boring now!!

ShockMaster
11-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Mitb devalues the titles though imo, too much hot potato.

Daffy Duck's Finest
11-26-2011, 10:57 AM
I agree with a lot of your guys ideas: Me personally, if you're going to have 2 MITB briefcases, they need to be for separate brands. The Royal Rumble should be the only time when a winner can personally pick their title match.

However, if you were thinking of something new for WWE, I'd like them to have a 10 men MITB, but with two briefcases, one for each brand. However, only the winners will know as to which brand they can cash in on. That would make it more unpredictable.

The Hit Man
11-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I would scrap the MITB PPV and make the match exclusive to WM. I wouldn't make it a 10 man match though. I thought the one at WM26 was too much of a clusterfuck. I'd just make it a 6 or 8 man match and the winner can cash it in on either champion making it a bit more unpredictable.

Also, I'd replace the MITB PPV with a KOTR PPV. Do it like they use to where they'd have qualifying macthes on Smackdown and Raw then have the quarter-finals or semi-finals on the PPV. If the winner is from Smackdown then he gets a shot at the WHC at Summerslam and if from Raw a shot at the WWE title.

K2Jelly
11-26-2011, 11:14 AM
I would scrap the MITB PPV and make the match exclusive to WM. I wouldn't make it a 10 man match though. I thought the one at WM26 was too much of a clusterfuck. I'd just make it a 6 or 8 man match and the winner can cash it in on either champion making it a bit more unpredictable.

Also, I'd replace the MITB PPV with a KOTR PPV. Do it like they use to where they'd have qualifying macthes on Smackdown and Raw then have the quarter-finals or semi-finals on the PPV. If the winner is from Smackdown then he gets a shot at the WHC at Summerslam and if from Raw a shot at the WWE title.

That's a pretty good idea.

nrb6304
11-26-2011, 11:19 AM

THIS!!! LOL i love KOTR

However to whoever said that the MitB is getting stale and old. I think not. Pretty sure on SD D Bryan got some MAJOR face heat when he cashed in. Not to mention with him getting a title shot on Tuesday, it brings up a VERY interesting concept. What if he was the WHC AND Mr. MITB? He could be walking around with both the title and the belt. Then go from there. Maybe have him lose it and then get his rematch and lose that too and then immeditaly cash in his briefcase. I personally think there is STILL a lot you can do with the case that hasn't been done. Like for example: Somebody FAIL to cash in.

TheLegendaryIcon
11-26-2011, 11:32 AM
There should be exactly one MITB case to cash in upon any title at any time. I really feel there were only two and the themed PPV because they wanted to have one cash-in immediately and the other to sit on for when things were getting cooled off.

I think there should be one stipulation if they keep the two MITB matches and the challenges for the big titles. That to be eligible for the MITB match, you may not have held the case's title previously.

RampantLion2010
11-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Personnally I would change the way the MITB works all together,

I would have a 10 man MITB at Mania where the winner can challenge for either the WHC or WWE title,

then at the MITB PPV I would have two 6 man matches where where the winners can if they are from smackdown cash in on either the IC title or the tag team titles with a partner of their choice and and if they win the Raw ladder match they can challenge for either the US title or tag teams

I also wouldnt be against seeing a Diva MITB match they keep on saying they dont get given a chance so how about a MITB match so they either put up or shut up, if its terribly they dont do it again if it works well then they can do it again.

I say add more breifcases so that there are more opertunities for different scenarios, and not playing it safe by repeating the same outcome everytime.

THIS! I have been saying that for the past three years. I think having MITB matches for the Divas, IC, US, and Tag is a great idea. But, I think you pick ONE title a year, in addition to the WHC and WWE. Maybe have your SD! and RAW winner, and one of the other four. A whole night of MITB matches would get ridiculous.

thedominator92
11-26-2011, 02:59 PM
they should make a mitb for the tag titles

wrestlingfan66513
11-26-2011, 05:52 PM
i say do money in the bank like feast or fired. that would add the element of surprise and instead of fired they could put a brand switch in

Jags
11-27-2011, 05:46 AM
i say do money in the bank like feast or fired. that would add the element of surprise and instead of fired they could put a brand switch in

I like this idea.

Jags
11-27-2011, 05:47 AM

Although I like this idea more.

evilgenius780
11-27-2011, 01:07 PM
If anything I think they should decrease the briefcases to one per year, not increase them to 3. I liked having the 1 MITB, who could cash in on either champion, wasnt nearly as predictable.