PDA

View Full Version : Ryder & Cena (a career reflection & perhaps things to come)

jelle1809
11-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Has anybody noticed that untill now Zack Ryder's career has been going the same way as John Cena's career?

I mean, if you reflect both careers you can see they've gone (somewhat) the same way. They both started as new kid on the block. Cena as a gangster, Ryder as a Long Island kid. Cena went from nobody the the United States Championship scene and far beyond. Now these days Ryder is getting the United States Championship scene, so the question is: Is this a sign for things to come?

Thoughts?

Asherdelampyr
11-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Has anybody noticed that untill now Zack Ryder's career has been going the same way as John Cena's career?

I mean, if you reflect both careers you can see they've gone (somewhat) the same way. They both started as new kid on the block. Cena as a gangster, Ryder as a Long Island kid. Cena went from nobody the the United States Championship scene and far beyond. Now these days Ryder is getting the United States Championship scene, so the question is: Is this a sign for things to come?

Thoughts?

No, no it is not
Ryder is good, but I don't think he is going to be the top guy in the company at any point in the future

The Hit Man
11-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Hard to tell. Matt Hardy, Carlito, MVP and Shelton Benjamin all held the US Championship and they're WWE careers didn't quite work out well. In all honesty, I don't Ryder will ever become a World Champion. He might get a few mid card title reigns but that's it.

Asherdelampyr
11-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Hard to tell. Matt Hardy, Carlito, MVP and Shelton Benjamin all held the US Championship and they're WWE careers didn't quite work out well. In all honesty, I don't Ryder will ever become a World Champion. He might get a few mid card title reigns but that's it.

he put this much better than I did

if you got all the guys who had a start similar to Cena's in a room together, they could sell out a house show (by buying tickets)

Fatality
11-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah but cena's gimmick changed along the way, if ryders gimick gets tweaked every couple of months i can see him getting atleast 1 shot.

Wrestlinfan608
11-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah but cena's gimmick changed along the way, if ryders gimick gets tweaked every couple of months i can see him getting atleast 1 shot.

I can't...... The guy is way over hyped

Lowki
11-25-2011, 11:42 AM
He's funny. He's like comedic relief. He's the 2011 santino.

lewism173
11-25-2011, 12:54 PM
I would not want him as champion just saying

masakaritko
11-25-2011, 01:17 PM
not saying anything for zack ryder, but cena started out as a nobody. I didn't see world champion material in him right away, in fact if you would have asked me before he won the us title i would have said no, but once he picked the big show up on his shoulders a switch immediately clicked in my head- this could be the new muscle guy similar to hulk hogan. I honestly think that is the moment that really triggered cena's superstar status. it wasn't the rapper gimmick, sure it gave him momentum, but if he wouldn't have been able to do the FU (as it was called back then) to someone as big as the Big Show, like if he would have won some other way not quite as impressively, then he would have never gotten past mid card status. His entire character is to be that guy that doesn't need to get technical in the ring to beat anybody. Zack Ryder is never going to do something like that. If he's to someday be a world champion, he needs to truly find his mark, he needs his "moment" and it hasn't happened yet if it ever will. He needs to find that one moment that impresses the world so much that they have no choice but to put him at the top with guys like Punk, Cena , Orton, etc. Without that "moment" even if he DOES become world champion, he'll only be seen within the same status as Miz, Del Rio, and Christian. You never know, maybe he'll end up getting a World Title years from now by being that guy that's been around so long that people feel like he deserves it just because he's more than paid his dues, like Christian and Mark Henry. We can all say what we think can or should happen, but in the long run, we all just have to wait and see. Like some have said, he may end up treading in midcard status, or even worse, downgraded to veteran jobber for the rest of his WWE career.

jordan1995
11-25-2011, 01:28 PM
not saying anything for zack ryder, but cena started out as a nobody. I didn't see world champion material in him right away, in fact if you would have asked me before he won the us title i would have said no, but once he picked the big show up on his shoulders a switch immediately clicked in my head- this could be the new muscle guy similar to hulk hogan. I honestly think that is the moment that really triggered cena's superstar status. it wasn't the rapper gimmick, sure it gave him momentum, but if he wouldn't have been able to do the FU (as it was called back then) to someone as big as the Big Show, like if he would have won some other way not quite as impressively, then he would have never gotten past mid card status. His entire character is to be that guy that doesn't need to get technical in the ring to beat anybody. Zack Ryder is never going to do something like that. If he's to someday be a world champion, he needs to truly find his mark, he needs his "moment" and it hasn't happened yet if it ever will. He needs to find that one moment that impresses the world so much that they have no choice but to put him at the top with guys like Punk, Cena , Orton, etc. Without that "moment" even if he DOES become world champion, he'll only be seen within the same status as Miz, Del Rio, and Christian. You never know, maybe he'll end up getting a World Title years from now by being that guy that's been around so long that people feel like he deserves it just because he's more than paid his dues, like Christian and Mark Henry. We can all say what we think can or should happen, but in the long run, we all just have to wait and see. Like some have said, he may end up treading in midcard status, or even worse, downgraded to veteran jobber for the rest of his WWE career.

i think if ever he was a world champion that would be why ..great post

Asherdelampyr
11-25-2011, 01:29 PM

that is one of the best posts I have seen here in a long time

PSOjedi
11-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Is this a sign for things to come?

Thoughts?
Zack Ryder will probably win the US Championship soon, but he will only remain a midcarter, and will never win the WWE/WHC Title. This will never happen "you know it".

IC, US, TAG belts, OK, but WWE/WHC belt, no !

masakaritko
11-25-2011, 02:47 PM
that is one of the best posts I have seen here in a long time

thanks man, just saying what was on my mind at the time.

Bane of Balin
11-25-2011, 07:18 PM
I agree with most of the posts in this topic, and now I want to put a new spin on it.

What exactly would happen if Zack Ryder won a WHC or WWE Championship? I know people think he's entertaining (and his ZTLIS videos do make me chuckle) but he hasn't shown anywhere near great wrestling skills like some people attribute to him. His mic skills are alright, but not great. Wrestling fans (especially us IWC sheeples) are so jaded nowadays, that they'd clamor for him to get that big push, then completely abandon him once he made it to where they wanted him to go. It started with HHH when he first got his big push back in the day, and it happens to virtually every one now. Look at The Miz. Look at CM Punk. It just happens. If Zack Ryder ever does make it close to the top, people will start saying he's overrated, didn't deserve his push, etc.

LM_StraightEdge
11-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Zack Ryder is overrated and doesn't deserve his push!!