PDA

View Full Version : Tna....tna....tna...

Hannah
10-15-2010, 04:53 PM
You know? My grandmother was a HUGE day time Soaps fan.. Everyday 11-1 she'd watch her shows while during the laundry. I wonder if she would be interested in TNA, considering that they seem to have more promos than wrestling. I kinda wish I recorded last night to see the amount of time that they talked compared to the amount of time they wrestled. I know that the beginning promo with Hogan, Fortune, etc was about 30 minutes long. But I gotta say, it was the Impact after BFG, so I understand that part, and then it gives them more, I guess character and storyline depth.

Is it just me or does that bother anyone else?

wallyman
10-15-2010, 05:36 PM
awesome impact....they needed to explain everything and they stablished hardy as heel...so booyeah

Robstar
10-15-2010, 06:19 PM
I thought the title to this thread suggested a TNA chant, but what it really needs is a *shake my head*! At least that's what I get from the post.

If it was my thread though, it'd be more like TNA! TNA! TNA! ZZZZZZZZZZZZ..... ;)

Kid_Gangsta
10-15-2010, 06:20 PM
TNE? (Total Nonstop Entertainment?) http://i54.tinypic.com/25k7jox.gif

merhardt03
10-15-2010, 07:02 PM
I was annoyed with the chat segment as well. I actually walked away for half of it. Right around the time Fortune came in the pic.

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-15-2010, 08:19 PM
man that iMPACT was solid, it was great. maybe you just dont appreciate storyline development and character building, yes i love wrestlin as much as the next guy even more as ma fave wrestlers are kurt angle, desmonde wolfe, doug williams, aj styles, jericho, cm punk, swagger, etc etc but promos are a huge part of wrestling and without em it would just be fake shit and u myt aswell watch mma, and dats wat i do, i watch mma.

you may be watchin it for the wrng reasons.

kurt angle promo with jeff jarret WOW u could feel the tension in the air

Robstar
10-15-2010, 08:25 PM
man that iMPACT was solid, it was great. maybe you just dont appreciate storyline development and character building, yes i love wrestlin as much as the next guy even more as ma fave wrestlers are kurt angle, desmonde wolfe, doug williams, aj styles, jericho, cm punk, swagger, etc etc but promos are a huge part of wrestling and without em it would just be fake shit and u myt aswell watch mma, and dats wat i do, i watch mma.

you may be watchin it for the wrng reasons.

kurt angle promo with jeff jarret WOW u could feel the tension in the air

I agree with this, although I think that it could be spread out over the show better. It's poor direction is all

cetotheizzo
10-15-2010, 08:39 PM
It was a great TNA, one of the best I’ve seen even without there being any wrestling, I’m sure next week ever thing will be back to normal

wrestlingfan316
10-15-2010, 08:54 PM
I agree the promo was great it was just a little long considering the show is only 2 hours long and it took 40ish minutes (with commercials)

Hannah
10-15-2010, 10:16 PM
It's not that I don't appreciate it, and I do think a huge thing in wrestling, besides wrestling, is the character depth, chemistry between opponents, and a great storyline. Actually, I think that's one of a few things that TNA is doing right, it's developing all these things, and I actually think that WWE needs to do more of establishing these things.

shanethewolf
10-16-2010, 05:36 AM
I've been a TNA hater for some time now, but I watched Impact this week and I have to say they are doing some things right. The backstage filming segments add an element of realism and I much prefer Bischoff and Hogan as heels, because having them as greedy, attention hogging egomaniacs trying to take over the company is actually very plausible and is consistent with all the criticism they've been getting the past months.

I also liked what I saw of Jeff Hardy as a heel. For a long time I've felt like Hardy is very cheesy, with his sensitivity, poetry and art etc, but the heel turn brought out a very cool side to his character.

I also liked how Jeff and Kurt referred to Karen Angle and how Kurt pointed out how Jarrett hogged the title when he was in charge...that added extra realism and helped blur the line between fiction and reality. In this day of smart marks and internet fans, that's where wrestling needs to go.

What I didn't like is the lack of wrestling. It was all just exposition, which is a classic sign of very amateur writing. JWOWW should not be on the show, period. I still feel like the original TNA talents and Xdivision guys need to have a bigger role and be allowed to shine. Fortune has some incredible talent, but they are standing in the shadow of Ric Flair and Hogan right now.

On the whole, there is some potential there for improvement. Hopefully they'll continue to run with the more believable angles and be more consistent with the writing. And more importantly, I hope we'll get to see more quality wrestling in future.

Kashdinero
10-18-2010, 05:21 AM
I think it was a good episode for the company. It definitely feels like a new beginning. Didn't like the end though as I thought it was a bit predictable & with all those heels around why have two of your top baby faces face each other?. Im hoping for AJ to break away and have a possible run with "evil" Jeff! Also I hope sting and Nash are gone for a while. Im a fan of both but I don't think theyre needed right now.

westy
10-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Me and my gf are hooked on TNA over here in the UK. It seems to be getting better and better. I read some haters on here and they expect perfection but damm, it's a really good product. I agree there were not enough matches last week but I do think the whole take over needed to be explained. I was shocked when fortune teamed up with Hogan. Man I'm loving it so much, can't wait each week of it to come on tv here, Saturday that is :( Not like you guys in the US, on Thursday.

Belzova
10-18-2010, 12:19 PM
I have been a fan of TNA since 2004 ( I think ) an it was so different. The storylines were better.. They had non-wwe talents. They DID have some though.. But I was always entertained by the older TNA. Now they are trying to be WWE an are creating these WACK ASS storylines like The Shore an Jersey Shore, Fourtune, etc. They are not really going anywhere. Infact, Fourtune killed whatever expectations I had for AJ Styles. Nobody realizes that they played us with those stables to get old farts to have screen time without the fans turning on them. I hate saying this but the WWE is doing things slightly better nowadays an TNA not so much!

SilverGhost
10-18-2010, 11:01 PM
I have been a fan of TNA since 2004 ( I think ) an it was so different. The storylines were better.. They had non-wwe talents. They DID have some though.. But I was always entertained by the older TNA. Now they are trying to be WWE an are creating these WACK ASS storylines like The Shore an Jersey Shore, Fourtune, etc. They are not really going anywhere. Infact, Fourtune killed whatever expectations I had for AJ Styles. Nobody realizes that they played us with those stables to get old farts to have screen time without the fans turning on them. I hate saying this but the WWE is doing things slightly better nowadays an TNA not so much!

I love you<33333333333 (I'm just kidding xD I hate everyone here equally)

But basically this is the best point.

TNA is being like WWE instead of being themselves. The storylines aren't that good. The wrestling makes up for it but honestly who are we kidding?
When TNA starts being TNA, then the best out of them will show.

jethro
10-19-2010, 11:04 AM
What I didn't like is the lack of wrestling. It was all just exposition, which is a classic sign of very amateur writing. JWOWW should not be on the show, period. I still feel like the original TNA talents and Xdivision guys need to have a bigger role and be allowed to shine. Fortune has some incredible talent, but they are standing in the shadow of Ric Flair and Hogan right now.
I got minor problem with the mentoring and pass the torch angle,I dont want to see that,I dont need Hogan mentoring Abyss,Flair mentoring Styles,Nash mentoring Joe etc...these young generation TNA wrestlers no need mentor,they can hold their own and develop their own unique style.