PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League:the plot thickens.

Juvenile Junkie
11-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Already through as group winners: Bayern Munich,Internazionale,Real Madrid,Barcelona,Arsenal
Already through: Bayer Leverkusen,Benfica,APOEL Nikosia,AC Milan.

Teams who can still make it: Napoli and Man City(group A)
Lille,CSKA and Trabzonspor(Group B)
Man united as Basel(group C)
Ajax and Olympique Lyonnais(group D)
Valencia and Chelsea (group E)
Borussia Dortmund,Olympiakos and Marseille(group F)
Zenit St.petersburg and Porto(group G)

Teams who can make the Europa League: Bate Borisov and Viktoria Plzen in Group H

Thats 27 out of 32 teams going into matchday 6 with a chance to win a group,make it through,get third spot or perhaps crucially knock a team from their own group out so they don't meet later on,or who they could face in next season's Super Cup.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-24-2011, 07:14 AM
It should be pretty good!

I see Napoli, Lille, Man U, Ajax, Dortmund and Porto going through, but that Valencia/Chelsea game will be very hard to call.

Steve Austin
11-24-2011, 07:32 AM
One of the most exciting final group there has been for a while! You hardly ever have an English needing a final game win but now there is 3! Great Champions League so far!

Pumpkinhead
11-24-2011, 07:35 AM
One of the most exciting final group there has been for a while! You hardly ever have an English needing a final game win but now there is 3! Great Champions League so far!

Yeah this have been a great season!

TheBeardOfZeus
11-24-2011, 10:11 AM

I'd back United to get through, Man City not to, and I have no idea about Chelsea atm.

Steve Austin
11-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I'd back United to get through, Man City not to, and I have no idea about Chelsea atm.

Yeah thats what I would of said. Kinda hope they all go in the EL, would be fun to watch :)

VanHooliganX
11-24-2011, 12:02 PM
It should be pretty good!

I see Napoli, Lille, Man U, Ajax, Dortmund and Porto going through, but that Valencia/Chelsea game will be very hard to call.

Those are my picks also.

I really dunno who to choose in the Valencia/Chelsea though.

Juvenile Junkie
11-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Valencia drew at Old Trafford 1-1 last season.......

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Valencia drew at Old Trafford 1-1 last season.......

That's why I can't predict it, but then again we tend to pretty much throw the last game as we are usually already through.

I have a feeling we will rest players after the Basel game, and put out our best side. They need to be respected, and defeated. I don't mind if we end up finishing second, because I've always felt that to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Juvenile Junkie
11-26-2011, 06:38 AM
Bayern Munich should actually go out and beat man City.Play their best XI.If man city make the last 16 and get drawn against Barcelona or Real Madrid,they will probably spend 100 million in January

Juvenile Junkie
11-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Yeah thats what I would of said. Kinda hope they all go in the EL, would be fun to watch :)

EL is underrated tournament,a couple of big names could help.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Bayern Munich should actually go out and beat man City.Play their best XI.If man city make the last 16 and get drawn against Barcelona or Real Madrid,they will probably spend 100 million in January

They'll be like Real Madrid then! Only difference is, Man City may actually win something with all the money they've spent, unlike Real Madrid! :D

Steve Austin
11-26-2011, 07:29 AM
EL is underrated tournament,a couple of big names could help.

And it will make Thursday night football good :)

Steve Austin
11-26-2011, 07:30 AM

There aren't many players that would help their CL team that wouldn't be cup tied anyway but I agree with Wade.

VanHooliganX
11-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Anyone else going to be routing for APOEL in the next round?

Love a big underdog and I can see them getting someone really hard.

Juvenile Junkie
11-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Anyone else going to be routing for APOEL in the next round?

Love a big underdog and I can see them getting someone really hard.

Nah,i think they will get Basel or Valencia or Napoli.....................(tongues in both cheeks)

Real Madrid have won trophies,not sure what thats all about

According to UEFA rules,Man City could buy 1 player who has played in the Europa League who would be eligable.There are some decent players who haven't played in any European competition this year,a handful play for Santos,2 in particular,Ganso and Neymar.No Juventus or Liverpool players played in Europe,or Wolfsburg or Werder Bremen or Hamburg or Espanyol among others.

Juvenile Junkie
11-26-2011, 11:11 AM
can't wait for matchday six.well here are my last 16:

Bayern,Napoli
Benfica,Man United
Inter,Lille
Real Madrid,Ajax
Bayer Leverkusen,Chelsea
Arsenal,Olympiakos
APOEL,Porto
Barcelona,AC Milan.

Some tasty ties could be:Real Madrid vs Chelsea,Barca vs Man United,Arsenal or Bayern vs AC Milan

Wade Barrett 1979
11-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Real Madrid have won trophies,not sure what thats all about.

It's all about the fact, that Real have spunked 332MILLION Euros up the wall since 2009 and have won the sum total of: 1 Copa Del Rey! :D

Juvenile Junkie
11-27-2011, 11:56 AM
It's all about the fact, that Real have spunked 332MILLION Euros up the wall since 2009 and have won the sum total of: 1 Copa Del Rey! :D

I still love how in 2008 they spent 250 million odd,a year later it was ATLETICO MADRID who won 2 trophies and lost a third final,Real Madrid won nothing.

Shame,poor Atletico Madrid fans,they haven't beaten Real since October 1999.Must be horrible.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-06-2011, 05:29 PM
So that's the Arse and Chelski through! Can't see Man U slipping up! City are relying on others!!

Steve Austin
12-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I really enjoyed the Chelsea game, probably the best football they've played all season! Finally AVB has realised that Drogba is important and he can't keep playing Torres.

I'm not AVB's biggest fan but not many managers would drop Lampard in a game like that, IMO it was the right decision as he is declining but it was good to see.

TheBeardOfZeus
12-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I really enjoyed the Chelsea game, probably the best football they've played all season! Finally AVB has realised that Drogba is important and he can't keep playing Torres.

I'm not AVB's biggest fan but not many managers would drop Lampard in a game like that, IMO it was the right decision as he is declining but it was good to see.

I think AVB is a terrific manager, and showed a set of balls tonight.

Lamps and Torres haven't been up to scratch, he dropped them and they won.

Steve Austin
12-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I think AVB is a terrific manager, and showed a set of balls tonight.

Lamps and Torres haven't been up to scratch, he dropped them and they won.

Yeah, he needs something no Chelsea manager gets, TIME! He is part of the rebuilding at Chelsea and they need to give him a chance, like I said not many managers would leave those 2 out of such an important game. Oh and Mata is amazing!

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 02:27 AM

Was he ever good for England? I mean Chelsea was built around him so of course hes decent for them. lol

Juvenile Junkie
12-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Was he ever good for England?

No.He is a flop at international level. And look who played with him during his peak @ Chelsea: MAKALELE!,BALLACK!,ESSIEN!,DECO! Players who have been there,done that.

Did anybody see Marseille,what a comeback,it was like Liverpool vs Olympiakos from 2004/05,2 late goals.Olympiakos needed Dortmund to avoid defeat,typical Germans can't do anything right.

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 06:59 AM
No.He is a flop at international level. And look who played with him during his peak @ Chelsea: MAKALELE!,BALLACK!,ESSIEN!,DECO! Players who have been there,done that.

Did anybody see Marseille,what a comeback,it was like Liverpool vs Olympiakos from 2004/05,2 late goals.Olympiakos needed Dortmund to avoid defeat,typical Germans can't do anything right.

Yeah it was brilliant, bad times for Olympiakos though, they destroyed Arsenal.

It wasn't quite like Liverpool because they aren't going on to win in :)

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Was he ever good for England? I mean Chelsea was built around him so of course hes decent for them. lol

That goes without saying, I hate Lampard playing for England, he's a slow crapper version of Gerrard. It annoys when people think he is better when all he does is take pens and stand on the edge of the box for the whole game. I really hope Capello doesn't start him at the Euro's

4-3-3 with Gerrard Parker and Milner or if Milner plays out wide then Wilshere instead.

Pumpkinhead
12-07-2011, 08:27 AM
That goes without saying, I hate Lampard playing for England, he's a slow crapper version of Gerrard. It annoys when people think he is better when all he does is take pens and stand on the edge of the box for the whole game. I really hope Capello doesn't start him at the Euro's

4-3-3 with Gerrard Parker and Milner or if Milner plays out wide then Wilshere instead.

Well of course Gerrad is miles ahead from Lampard, LOL reminds me Capello in the world cup using both as CM what a mistake!!, well Villas Boas can breath for now, Still wondering what Roman is thinking of his star buy

Juvenile Junkie
12-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Well hopefully Napoli make it,a true victory for football.

A win for Bayern Munich means they overtake Chelsea in the UEFA rankings.And 800 000 Euros.

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Well hopefully Napoli make it,a true victory for football.

A win for Bayern Munich means they overtake Chelsea in the UEFA rankings.And 800 000 Euros.

No not hopefully lol
But I don't even think they need to hope. We need a result against Bayern and Napoli need to beat Villareal who're doing terrible. Pretty much gotten through really :(

Leggo
12-07-2011, 12:12 PM
No not hopefully lol
But I don't even think they need to hope. We need a result against Bayern and Napoli need to beat Villareal who're doing terrible. Pretty much gotten through really :(

I can see City beating Bayern tonight... 2-0. Bayern will rest some of their players as they're already through. It's all on Napoli then.

Sidebote: My mate put £100 on Bayern at 7-2, to win the group. Brave? Lucky? Either way, it's a fookin good return!

Juvenile Junkie
12-07-2011, 02:22 PM
No not hopefully lol

Villarreal are playing an under strength team.Well,IF City don't make it,lets just clarify two things.

1.The old 'Top 4',where in the UCL,year in year out,no worries about missing out,could sign anyone they wanted,earned the top seeds due to their regular appearances,benefited from Calciopoli.Keep in mind,it took them years to get equipped to European competition,heck Chelsea lost a UEFA Cup ties to Viking Stavanger and 1 of the Tel Aviv teams.

2.Spurs had the rub of the green.When they faced Inter,Inter had a long injury list,as did AC Milan when they faced Spurs.City haven't faced an injury hit Napoli,the key players were fit and healthy.

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Villarreal are playing an under strength team.Well,IF City don't make it,lets just clarify two things.

1.The old 'Top 4',where in the UCL,year in year out,no worries about missing out,could sign anyone they wanted,earned the top seeds due to their regular appearances,benefited from Calciopoli.Keep in mind,it took them years to get equipped to European competition,heck Chelsea lost a UEFA Cup ties to Viking Stavanger and 1 of the Tel Aviv teams.

2.Spurs had the rub of the green.When they faced Inter,Inter had a long injury list,as did AC Milan when they faced Spurs.City haven't faced an injury hit Napoli,the key players were fit and healthy.

Good point with the Second one.

Subject Zero
12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Awesome performance from Lyon

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Awesome performance from Lyon

Awesome performance from Basel,

BASEL!!!! Both Manchester clubs in the Europa League.

Subject Zero
12-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Awesome performance from Basel,

BASEL!!!! Both Manchester clubs in the Europa League.

True but its going to have no effect on the Champions League anyway. Its going to be Madrid or Barca.

Hilarious though if Chelsea or Arsenal win it(more chance of Messi signing for Liverpool) after one hell of a crap season.

Dont think either Manchester Clubs will give a crap about the UEFA cup and they will focus on the Premier League now.

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 04:36 PM
True but its going to have no effect on the Champions League anyway. Its going to be Madrid or Barca.

Hilarious though if Chelsea or Arsenal win it(more chance of Messi signing for Liverpool) after one hell of a crap season.

Dont think either Manchester Clubs will give a crap about the UEFA cup and they will focus on the Premier League now.

Haha funny though, I hope Arsenal or Chelsea win it and then come 5th. Would be interesting to see what happens to the managers unless they are allowed to defend it like Liverpool.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Bloody hell!!

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 04:41 PM
I like Ajax it's a shame they are out :/ they play great football. Lyon do deserve it although I sort of expected them to turn it around with Ajax playing Madrid.

Basel though, what a performance. I think a deserved win.

Subject Zero
12-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Haha funny though, I hope Arsenal or Chelsea win it and then come 5th. Would be interesting to see what happens to the managers unless they are allowed to defend it like Liverpool.

Keep dreaming Liverpool will finish 6th or 7th this year.

With Suarez in trouble(AGAIN) it wouldnt surprise me if hes up for a longterm ban. Just like JT should be

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Still, Man Utd:

Hahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahhaahaha!!

That is all :D

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Still, Man Utd:

Hahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahhaahaha!!

That is all :D

This. Here are a few good headlines :D

Channel 5 and ITV 4 set to launch new Manchester-based reality show TOWIE - The Only Way Is Europa!!!!

United get Frei'd as Basle make Swisstory by reaching last 32

Basel brush united out of champions league.

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Bloody hell!!

A lot of positives tonight.

Didn't think we'd beat Bayern but we did. Villa were wank so I can call them smelly for the next 10 years of there existence.

Good way to go out. Hopefully we give Europa League a shot. I think we could do well in that if we did.
Crowd still firmly behind Mancini as am I.

Still in League Cup, points ahead in the Premier League and in the europa league. I can't complain. Many teams would kill to be where we are in certain stages.

Obviously sad we're out. But I guess it stops Barca from having an easy round of 16 haha

Can't believe United are out too :S United are starting to lose form too although Basel worked their asses off.

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Keep dreaming Liverpool will finish 6th or 7th this year.

With Suarez in trouble(AGAIN) it wouldnt surprise me if hes up for a longterm ban. Just like JT should be

I still think 4th. If JT doesn't get banned Suarez should say the FA are racist.

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 04:53 PM

Didn't think we'd beat Bayern but we did. Villa were wank so I can call them smelly for the next 10 years of there existence.

Good way to go out. Hopefully we give Europa League a shot. I think we could do well in that if we did.

Still in League Cup, points ahead in the Premier League and in the europa league. I can't complain. Many teams would kill to be where we are in certain stages.

Obviously sad we're out. But I guess it stops Barca from having an easy round of 16 haha

Can't believe United are out too :S United are starting to lose form too although Basel worked their asses off.

I think it's a good thing. Surely all City fans want the league more than anything! They got plenty of years to win the CL. Also they can paly fringe players in EL. They can concentrate on the league now.

Oh and it was a pretty week bayern team but it didn't matter anyway.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 04:53 PM
This. Here are a few good headlines :D

Channel 5 and ITV 4 set to launch new Manchester-based reality show TOWIE - The Only Way Is Europa!!!!

United get Frei'd as Basle make Swisstory by reaching last 32

Basel brush united out of champions league.

Ha! Nice :D I'm gonna plagiarise some of these! :p

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Ha! Nice :D I'm gonna plagiarise some of these! :p

Haha I already have on Facebook ;) (I have a lot of Man Utd fan friends)

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 04:54 PM

Your biggest downfall was your bad start! Still, at least you'll get some silverware this season! :)

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Haha I already have on Facebook ;) (I have a lot of Man Utd fan friends)

Same here! That's what I was thinking! :)

Tomsta666
12-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Bitches!!

Petty rivalry aside, surely you want an English showing in the last 16?

United bossed that wntire game and were unlucky to lose really...

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 05:01 PM
I think it's a good thing. Surely all City fans want the league more than anything! They got plenty of years to win the CL. Also they can paly fringe players in EL. They can concentrate on the league now.

Oh and it was a pretty week bayern team but it didn't matter anyway.

Dunno enough Bayern players to know that haha

Aye. Don't get me wrong. Sad panda is me currently but there are a lot of small pros to this big con.

Also Arsenal and Chelsea the last 2 english teams in the CL?

DOUBLE ENGLISH CL FINAL AGAIN IS 100% GURANTEE'D ;D[/durp] lol

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Bitches!!

Yeah but with the abuse I've got this year from Man Utd fans I have to milk it. BASEL! ;)

Automatic
12-07-2011, 05:03 PM
LOL Ajax is out, and they were so confident they had it.

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Dunno enough Bayern players to know that haha

Aye. Don't get me wrong. Sad panda is me currently but there are a lot of small pros to this big con.

Also Arsenal and Chelsea the last 2 english teams in the CL?

DOUBLE ENGLISH CL FINAL AGAIN IS 100% GURANTEE'D ;D[/durp] lol

Fair play, I looked at the line up and noticed quite a few key names missing. It's gonna be Barca v Madrid unless they meet before, I can't see either English team getting to the final if they meet Barca or Madrid, I'm calling outside finalists of Milan.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Bitches!!

Yes and no, it's always good to see English teams do well but you underestimate my disdain for ManU!!

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:07 PM
LOL Ajax is out, and they were so confident they had it.

That was incredible! Fair play to Lyon, 7-1 away is no mean feat!!

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 05:11 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376436_257865404267570_257852937602150_629548_6316 41383_n.jpg

I couldn't resist haha ;)

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:12 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376436_257865404267570_257852937602150_629548_6316 41383_n.jpg

I couldn't resist haha ;)

Brilliant! Genius! :D

Automatic
12-07-2011, 05:13 PM

Nobody would've expected Lyon to win with 1-7, that would be ridiculous, but it meant that the 7 goal gap was immediately gone.

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Brilliant! Genius! :D

Haha I'm trying to find more, I also found:

switch to ITV1+1 There is a comedy on.

Alex Ferguson is going on holiday. He's not sure where but he's going out of Europe ;)

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 05:15 PM

But 6-1 is ;D

I get the feeling when City and Liverpool lose a match in the same week we're gunna get badly ripped haha

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 05:16 PM
But 6-1 is ;D

I get the feeling when City and Liverpool lose a match in the same week we're gunna get badly ripped haha

That's why we get all the shots in now ;)

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Nobody would've expected Lyon to win with 1-7, that would be ridiculous, but it meant that the 7 goal gap was immediately gone.

Absolutely! That's why we love football!! Nights like this!!

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm going crazy atm but I have more.

Breaking News : David Cameron is on his way to Manchester to find the quickest way out of Europe.

Manchester United have also announced a new men's aftershave to be sold after Christmas. It's called Channel No.5.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
But 6-1 is ;D

I know but it's worth it!! :D

Automatic
12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Absolutely! That's why we love football!! Nights like this!!

Ooooh, I'm going to have so much fun tomorrow:D, can't wait!
It is bad for Dutch football though, we could use the points.( sense is kicking in)

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm going crazy atm but I have more.

Breaking News : David Cameron is on his way to Manchester to find the quickest way out of Europe.

Manchester United have also announced a new men's aftershave to be sold after Christmas. It's called Channel No.5.

Keep 'em coming!! :p

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376141_229733217099748_229717700434633_563220_1195 496449_n.jpg

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
We're missing 1 group lads.

Inter lost in the last few mins to CSKA Moscow to make them steal 2nd over Trabsonzor(sp?) who drew against Lille 0-0.

Dat drama!

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Ooooh, I'm going to have so much fun tomorrow:D, can't wait!
It is bad for Dutch football though, we could use the points.( sense is kicking in)

True but just savour the moment! :p

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 05:25 PM
We're missing 1 group lads.

Inter lost in the last few mins to CSKA Moscow to make them steal 2nd over Trabsonzor(sp?) who drew against Lille 0-0.

Dat drama!

Trabzonspor :) Thats why that Inter fan was crying even though they come top.

Pumpkinhead
12-07-2011, 05:25 PM
well disapointing day but I saw it coming, United is in a terrible form lately and definately need to spend in the summer!!, looking the bright side we can still win the Europa League every team has bad patches, nevertheless you have all the right to bash us

I'm happy Napoli made it to the last 16, also wait for JJ the start talking now Italy has the most number of teams in the final round!!

Automatic
12-07-2011, 05:26 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376141_229733217099748_229717700434633_563220_1195 496449_n.jpg

So, what is so funny about your Channel 5?

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 05:28 PM

They get all the english teams Europa League matches.

ITV/ sky sports do champions league

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:28 PM

It's where Europa football is shown and ManU fans took the piss out of Liverpool fans for being on it!!

Oh, sweet irony!

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 05:29 PM

Oh and they also do Big Brother now and tried doing a still version of quizmania (a show were u ring into win money by questions a riddle or question but it had comedy and wasn't as big as a rip off

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 05:30 PM
It's where Europa football is shown and ManU fans took the piss out of Liverpool fans for being on it!!

Oh, sweet irony!

Hell yeah haha.

What the other two said Auto ;)

I just saw the Ajax v Madrid higlights, Ajax were screwed out of two goals.

Automatic
12-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Hell yeah haha.

What the other two said Auto ;)

I just saw the Ajax v Madrid higlights, Ajax were screwed out of two goals.

Yeah, I'll be hearing that too tomorrow.

Oh and they also do Big Brother now and tried doing a still version of quizmania (a show were u ring into win money by questions a riddle or question but it had comedy and wasn't as big as a rip off

Big Brother is still on? Damn.

At least now I get the Channel 5 jokes:p.

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I'll be hearing that too tomorrow.

Big Brother is still on? Damn.

At least now I get the Channel 5 jokes:p.

66% of countries that have had it still have it running.

Ours stopped but Channel 5 decided beating a dead donkey was fun.

....Not a very sporty post i'm posting....hmm...

*poznans* That'll do :cool: on topic now :D

Steve Austin
Big Brother should of went out like Man Utd ;)

It doesn't make much sense really but I'm going with it haha.

Wade Barrett 1979
well disapointing day but I saw it coming, United is in a terrible form lately and definately need to spend in the summer!!, looking the bright side we can still win the Europa League every team has bad patches, nevertheless you have all the right to bash us

I'm happy Napoli made it to the last 16, also wait for JJ the start talking now Italy has the most number of teams in the final round!!

I'm awaiting the JJ Barrage!! :p

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:38 PM

Worse thing to happen to TV, Ever!!! FACT!! :p

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Not Man Utd related but damn funny ;)

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/377476_191093137648829_111538618937615_396213_3860 3090_n.jpg

VanHooliganX
12-07-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm awaiting the JJ Barrage!! :p

I'd so laugh if the moment he posted it. It turns out Napoli paid Villa for the win and other italien teams did as well for certain matches XD

Automatic
12-07-2011, 05:41 PM

That's a lot! We don't even have it anymore and we created it...

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Not Man Utd related but damn funny ;)

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/377476_191093137648829_111538618937615_396213_3860 3090_n.jpg

Ha! You're over stimulated after that result! :D

Steve Austin
12-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Ha! You're over stimulated after that result! :D

Haha I know. I aint sleeping tonight! ;)

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:44 PM
I'd so laugh if the moment he posted it. It turns out Napoli paid Villa for the win and other italien teams did as well for certain matches XD

Ha!! According to JJ there is no such thing as corruption in FIFA or UEFA, it's all created by the British Press because we didn't get the World Cup! :D That shit's funnier than David Icke and his Lizard people! :p

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:44 PM
That's a lot! We don't even have it anymore and we created it...

I forgot that!! Damn and I used to like the Dutch! :p

Pumpkinhead
12-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Ha!! According to JJ there is no such thing as corruption in FIFA or UEFA, it's all created by the British Press because we didn't get the World Cup! :D That shit's funnier than David Icke and his Lizard people! :p

I must see that post LOL

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Haha I know. I aint sleeping tonight! ;)

*Does JJ multi-post*

Ha! Don't blame you though! :p

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:48 PM
I must see that post LOL

It's been stated more than once!! Who needs Peter Kaye, when you have JJ!! :D

Automatic
12-07-2011, 05:53 PM
I forgot that!! Damn and I used to like the Dutch! :p

Yeah, but we have a new thing that apparently is going to take over the world, it's called The Voice. So that makes it even, I hope:$.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Yeah, but we have a new thing that apparently is going to take over the world, it's called The Voice. So that makes it even, I hope:$.

Yeah it's already been bought by the BBC here, to make a British version! It needs to be the most amazing thing EVER, to make up for BB! :p

EDIT: Wait! It's a singing contest?! Instant Fail! :p

Tomsta666
12-07-2011, 05:59 PM

But what abouts tchhe schexxy football?

/Ruud Gullit voice

:cool:

Automatic
12-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Yeah it's already been bought by the BBC here, to make a British version! It needs to be the most amazing thing EVER, to make up for BB! :p

Well I hope you enjoy it, if you are going to watch it. I haven't, because I mainly watch wrestling. And to be fair, I have become over saturated with talent shows the last couple of years. I only watched the first season of Idols religiously, the second I missed a few, but I really liked the winner, but after that? I guess only a couple of final live shows of season 3 and that was it. Then there were 3 talent shows, basically about the same on TV.

Automatic
12-07-2011, 06:09 PM
But what abouts tchhe schexxy football?

/Ruud Gullit voice

Hmmm yeah, we contributed to football, but BB is in another league.

Oh by the way, I've never heard Gullit speak English, except:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94HShIZbb0c

But that doesn't count, because everyone speaks English without accent in songs, ask Alexandra Stan or Inna.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Well I hope you enjoy it, if you are going to watch it. I haven't, because I mainly watch wrestling. And to be fair, I have become over saturated with talent shows the last couple of years. I only watched the first season of Idols religiously, the second I missed a few, but I really liked the winner, but after that? I guess only a couple of final live shows of season 3 and that was it. Then there were 3 talent shows, basically about the same on TV.

Don't think I'll be watching chief! This type of TV is the work of Beelzebub's left testicle! :D

I forgive you all though, as your national team football fans, cheer me up! :)

Tomsta666
12-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Hmmm yeah, we contributed to football, but BB is in another league.

Oh by the way, I've never heard Gullit speak English, except:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94HShIZbb0c

But that doesn't count, because everyone speaks English without accent in songs, ask Alexandra Stan or Inna.

To be fair, however unsuccefull Gullit was over here. He spoke perfect English.
With a comedy Anglo/Dutch accent. Just like Martin Jol or Steve Mclaren!!

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 06:17 PM
To be fair, however unsuccefull Gullit was over here. He spoke perfect English.
With a comedy Anglo/Dutch accent. Just like Martin Jol or Steve Mclaren!!

I think in your mind, you're hearing the two cops by Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse! :p

EDIT: Post 100 in this thread!! Woohoo!! :D

Tomsta666
12-07-2011, 06:20 PM
I think in your mind, you're hearing the two cops by Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse! :p

EDIT: Post 100 in this thread!! Woohoo!! :D

HAHA Class!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRfluaMKoOY

Blast from the past

No offence meant Auto!! :cool:

Wade Barrett 1979
12-07-2011, 06:25 PM
HAHA Class!!

Blast from the past

Damn, on my phone so I can't see it and I can't be arsed to get out my laptop! I'll have to wait until tomorrow! :p

Juvenile Junkie
12-08-2011, 04:07 AM
Well,well,well,well,a couple of month ago I got attacked for liking that league known as Serie A,WITH 3 TEAMS LEFT IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.All owned by good honest locals..................Like Berlusconi and Moratti.

Well City had a tough group,with a manager,who I did say,is rubbish in Europe!

Manyoo played understrength teams against Benfica,home and away,how vital did that turn out?

England have failed int he UEFA Cup for 10 years,now its happening in Europe.Sky Sports Special Report ASAP.

Juvenile Junkie
12-08-2011, 04:19 AM
Well City didn't even make the QF of the Europa League last season,so whats so special that will make them win it??

Lyon's game looks dodgy.....too easy.

ha ha ha,Man City Paid Villarreal and Napoli still won,in your face Premfacers!

VanHooliganX
12-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Well City didn't even make the QF of the Europa League last season,so whats so special that will make them win it??

Lyon's game looks dodgy.....too easy.

ha ha ha,Man City Paid Villarreal and Napoli still won,in your face Premfacers!

Considering we focused on the premier league instead of Europa League we got pretty far.
Plus we were caught off guard by the Poznan ;D

Juvenile Junkie
12-08-2011, 04:35 AM
Now Manchester City players face the greatest challenge of their lives..............

trying to Putting on those Europa League bibs.

They battled last time.

Automatic
12-08-2011, 08:24 AM
HAHA Class!!

Blast from the past

Haha, that accent was perfect.

Pumpkinhead
12-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Well,well,well,well,a couple of month ago I got attacked for liking that league known as Serie A,WITH 3 TEAMS LEFT IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.All owned by good honest locals..................Like Berlusconi and Moratti.

Manyoo played understrength teams against Benfica,home and away,how vital did that turn out?

England have failed int he UEFA Cup for 10 years,now its happening in Europe.Sky Sports Special Report ASAP.

And there it is!!!

Wade Barrett 1979
12-08-2011, 08:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNbqhXCnqW0&feature=related

Pumpkinhead
12-08-2011, 09:16 AM

The worst performance for England in Europe in recent years no doubt, but tell me honestly if you think any of this 3 teams have slight chance of winning the UCL, Inter is a very bad form,far away of the team that won in 2010, Napoli nade his tournament by qualyifying to the final round good side but if they draw a big team that's it, Milan could be, but they might focus in the league instead, besides they're missing Cassano and Robihno and Pato are inconsistent in big games

Juvenile Junkie
12-09-2011, 03:51 AM
The worst performance for England in Europe in recent years no doubt, but tell me honestly if you think any of this 3 teams have slight chance of winning the UCL, Inter is a very bad form,far away of the team that won in 2010, Napoli nade his tournament by qualyifying to the final round good side but if they draw a big team that's it, Milan could be, but they might focus in the league instead, besides they're missing Cassano and Robihno and Pato are inconsistent in big games

Not a chance they'll win it,but the fact that they were the best performer is a step in the right direction.Baby Steps.

And to Pumpkinhead and Wade Barrett,I could have been far more ruthless.Even the pundits on ESPN Soccer Net have the same views that Fergie's Carling Cup-like team selections and Mancini's lack of UEFA competition nouse are at fault.

Juvenile Junkie
12-09-2011, 03:52 AM
Funny how the suddenly all is well with the Champions League because 2 Spanish and 2 English teams are out,but we'll see if the mood stays that way when we get a 'predictable' Barca/Real final.This tournaments structure still needs work.

There are strong claims that there could be some foul play in the Lyon/Zagreb game.Another Marseille 1993?

anyways,here is an article I would like you guys to read and respond too,it definately is debatable,but at times valid in message.

Things we learned from the Champions League group stages

ANALYSIS
By Peter Staunton

THE GAP IS CLOSING

At the conclusion of the group stages of last season's Champions League all eight top-seeded teams qualified for the round of 16. This time around, with the elimination of recent winners Porto and Manchester United, only three quarters of the pot one teams remain destined for the draw next Friday.

Last time around, in the shape of Tottenham, Schalke and Copenhagen, only three teams from pot three made it to the knockout rounds while none from pot four made it past the group games.

In 2011-12 the number of teams to progress from the bottom two pots has risen to five with the inclusions of Zenit St Petersburg, Bayer Leverkusen and Basel from pot three and Napoli and APOEL from the lower echelons.

The breakdown of the qualification scenarios are also revealing. The gap between the group winners and the third-placed team last season stood at an average of 7.25 points. This term the average was cut to 4.25; group winners are a full win worse off, on average, this season than last.

Furthermore, the average goal difference of the last 16 participants has been shaved from 6.5 in the group stages last year to 4.3 this; on average, two and a bit goals fewer.

There is little doubt, then, that the Champions League has become a more hostile place for competing teams. There is no longer a margin for error for the big boys, as Manchester United and Porto found out to their detriment.

The round of 16 may have become a less attractive proposition on paper for fans and analysts but the qualifying teams have emerged from their respective listings on merit.

Teams like APOEL and Napoli have helped elevate the standard of the competition as a whole as complacency and error, on the part of the fancied sides, have been ruthlessly punished.

DORTMUND, LILLE AND PORTO FAILED TO LIVE UP TO EXPECTATIONS

Nuri Sahin, Gervinho, Yohan Cabaye, Adil Rami, Radamel Falcao and Andre Villas-Boas were some of the most prominent names being discussed in football circles last season as Borussia Dortmund, Lille and Porto emerged as the most exciting and promising teams in Europe.

That sextet has moved on to pastures new and the teams they left behind could not conjure their magic of one season ago this term. It is hugely disappointing. The prospect of seeing BVB, LOSC and Porto in the Champions League was a mouth-watering one. With aggressive and talented players and an adherence to bright, attacking football, those three teams were supposed to disrupt the order in Europe's most prominent competition. Alas, it never came to pass and all three exit at the group stages with a whimper.

In 18 matches, they won four between them. All three failed to recover from the loss of key individuals. Furthermore, those remaining did not look as sharp or, more worryingly, as capable as they did last term.

The Champions League is an unforgiving environment. Dortmund have learned that basic defensive tenets need to be acknowledged. Lille have learned that in order to be competitive, intricate football needs to be converted into goals. And Porto know now what they knew before. You cannot continually sell your most important players, and, in this case, your manager, and expect to compete.

Whether this trio of teams comes again remains to be seen. As devastating as the blow is for the clubs involved, their exits comes with regret and sadness on behalf of their fans and analysts.

They should have done better.

REAL MADRID AND BARCELONA CAN ONLY STOP EACH OTHER

Out of sight in La Liga, are Real Madrid and Barcelona going to go out of sight in the Champions League too? Last season they were drawn together at the semi-final stage. It is difficult to see how any of the other teams left in the pot can pass either one of them over two legs.

Between them, the Clasico participants dropped two points, scored 39 goals and conceded six in the group stages. They were assured of their progress to the last 16 two thirds the way through their section fixtures.

Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola were afforded the opportunity to field their second string outfits for their final group encounters, meaning they could each keep their powder dry for this Saturday's Clasico in the Primera Division.

It's long been the case that the superior team from this elite band of two would win the Spanish title. Now, the day looms ever closer that the superior team of the two will win the Champions League too. At full strength, each side has defensive resolution, midfield creativity, ruthless finishing ability and options from the bench.

Spain's two super clubs are now Europe's super clubs. They can only stop each other. Saturday will be a useful indicator on which side has the upper hand. Until now, this season, it has been Real Madrid and the Special One's outfit remain narrow favourites to edge the Catalans out of all significant trophy contention this term.

YOU CAN'T BEAT A BIT OF LAST-MINUTE DRAMA

The Champions League group stages have, in recent times, felt like a slow march towards inevitability. The seeded teams have been afforded the opportunity to field their second-string sides from as early as the fourth matchday and it's all too rare an occurrence that the sixth round of matches is an event to be anticipated with eagerness.

Nonetheless that was the scenario this time around with the final standings of seven out of the the eight groups going down to the wire. The last 16 qualification picture was not decided until the very last minute. Late goals in Dortmund for Marseille, in Milan for CSKA Moscow and for Basel at home contrived to alter the knockout participants right up to the final whistle.

It was genuinely exciting. The Champions League group stages has, at times, been a procession. It's been uninteresting and, more often than not, groups looked more like Barcelona's one this season than Manchester United's.

So thank you messrs Valbuena, Berezutskiy, Frei, and others, for making the Champions League group stages worth watching all the way to the bittersweet conclusion.

EPL NOT ADEQUATE PREPARATION FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Aside from their 2-0 win against Norwich in November, Manchester United have failed to score more than once in each of their Premier League matches since the middle of September. Sir Alex Ferguson's team have won only one of their last five matches in all competitions and that came in an insipid 1-0 victory over Aston Villa last weekend.

Yet despite their unappealing football, United are second in the Premier League table. They have been edging out teams like Swansea and Sunderland, like they always do, in the English top flight. It's perpetually been like that, psychologically, for United in their own domestic league. But that veneer of invincibility has been scuffed in Europe this season.

They will be playing their Europa League football, appropriately, in the Europa League. United claimed nine points in the group stages with six of them coming against group whipping boys Otelul Galati. Alas, they have been shown to be the Manchester United of the present and not the Manchester United of the recent past; a team whose reputation has been so masterfully cultivated by Ferguson. In sharp focus, an average team has been eliminated from the competition.

They have been able to extricate their way out of tough situations on the home front, owing in a large part to the diminished quality of the Premier League currently, but have been unable to do likewise in what was ostensibly an easy Champions League group.

Manchester City are out too. They currently lead the EPL standings at a canter. City paid the price for erroneous selections and naivety in their matches against Napoli and Bayern Munich. Roberto Mancini, a Champions League minnow of a manager, was again exposed by his choices. He assumed the pattern of play suitable to league duties, against teams like Wolves and Wigan, would transpose to the Champions League easily. How wrong he was.

The standard of play in the Premier League has given the Manchester clubs a false impression of their abilities and competences.