PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

HCollins-TNA1
11-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Want to wish all a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

SLEEPY LOCO1
11-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Happy Thankgiving back to you and to all of the eWn!!!

THEKEVINBRAND
11-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Thanksgiving? That was on October 10th :P

Rich Cranium
11-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Happy turkey day! I've got my turkey thawing out now so in the morning I can get to roasting the SOB! :)

SLEEPY LOCO1
11-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Thanksgiving? That was on October 10th :P

Canadian Thankgiving doesn't count, besides what is the reason for your Thanksgiving?

THEKEVINBRAND
11-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Canadian Thankgiving doesn't count, besides what is the reason for your Thanksgiving?

This is what I read:

Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, occurring on the second Monday in October (since 1957), is an annual Canadian holiday to give thanks at the close of the harvest season.
On Thursday, January 31, 1957, the Canadian Parliament proclaimed:
“A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed – to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October. ”
Since 1971, Thanksgiving in Canada has coincided with the observance of Columbus Day in the United States.
Thanksgiving is a statutory holiday in most jurisdictions of Canada, with the Atlantic provinces of Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia being the exceptions. Companies that are regulated by the federal government (such as those in the telecommunications and banking sectors), recognize the holiday regardless of its provincial status.
As a liturgical festival, Thanksgiving corresponds to the English and continental European Harvest festival, with churches decorated with cornucopias, pumpkins, corn, wheat sheaves, and other harvest bounty, English and European harvest hymns sung on the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, and scriptural selections drawn from biblical stories relating to the Jewish harvest festival of Sukkot.
While the actual Thanksgiving holiday is on a Monday, Canadians might eat their Thanksgiving meal on any day of the three-day weekend, though Sunday is the most common. Thanksgiving in Canada is also often a time for weekend getaways.
Similar to the United States, traditions such as parades and football can be a part of Canadian Thanksgiving. The Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest parade is the most widely known Canadian Thanksgiving Day parade and is broadcast nationwide on CTV. The Canadian Football League holds a nationally televised doubleheader known as the "Thanksgiving Day Classic". It is one of two weeks in which the league plays on Monday afternoons, the other being the Labour Day Classic. Unlike the Labour Day games, the teams that play on the Thanksgiving Day Classic vary each year.

SLEEPY LOCO1
11-24-2011, 01:22 AM
This is what I read:

Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, occurring on the second Monday in October (since 1957), is an annual Canadian holiday to give thanks at the close of the harvest season.
On Thursday, January 31, 1957, the Canadian Parliament proclaimed:
“A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed – to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October. ”
Since 1971, Thanksgiving in Canada has coincided with the observance of Columbus Day in the United States.
Thanksgiving is a statutory holiday in most jurisdictions of Canada, with the Atlantic provinces of Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia being the exceptions. Companies that are regulated by the federal government (such as those in the telecommunications and banking sectors), recognize the holiday regardless of its provincial status.
As a liturgical festival, Thanksgiving corresponds to the English and continental European Harvest festival, with churches decorated with cornucopias, pumpkins, corn, wheat sheaves, and other harvest bounty, English and European harvest hymns sung on the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, and scriptural selections drawn from biblical stories relating to the Jewish harvest festival of Sukkot.
While the actual Thanksgiving holiday is on a Monday, Canadians might eat their Thanksgiving meal on any day of the three-day weekend, though Sunday is the most common. Thanksgiving in Canada is also often a time for weekend getaways.
Similar to the United States, traditions such as parades and football can be a part of Canadian Thanksgiving. The Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest parade is the most widely known Canadian Thanksgiving Day parade and is broadcast nationwide on CTV. The Canadian Football League holds a nationally televised doubleheader known as the "Thanksgiving Day Classic". It is one of two weeks in which the league plays on Monday afternoons, the other being the Labour Day Classic. Unlike the Labour Day games, the teams that play on the Thanksgiving Day Classic vary each year.

Thats cool I just learned something new.

THEKEVINBRAND
11-24-2011, 01:28 AM
Thats cool I just learned something new.

yeah we don't do it cuz you guys do it, we have a reason lol

Rated_R(ob)KO
11-24-2011, 01:54 AM
yeah we don't do it cuz you guys do it, we have a reason lol

We kind of have a reason as well actually.

And also, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on eWN from my family to yours! Have a blast on National Turkey Death Day!!

The Brown One
11-24-2011, 01:56 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Americans and Canadians :)

THEKEVINBRAND
11-24-2011, 02:02 AM

And also, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on eWN from my family to yours! Have a blast on National Turkey Death Day!!
I know that Rob, some people do actually think that we celebrate Thanksgiving cuz you guys do

Happy Thanksgiving Americans and Canadians :)

No, we slaughtered our Turkeys three weeks before Halloween

The Brown One
11-24-2011, 02:07 AM
No, we slaughtered our Turkeys three weeks before Halloween

I know lol, I watch HIMYM and learned that from there :D

Sully
11-24-2011, 03:30 AM

Yup, to celebrate when the two alien forces...Indians and Pilgrims, made peace...and now we have stuffing! :)

Dr. Death
11-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate the tradition. And to those who don't, have a Happy Day as well. Find something to celebrate; a new inner peace, a new job, a new love, a beautiful day in any way, ect...

Sully
11-24-2011, 10:43 AM
In all honesty though, I don't like Thanksgiving. Celebrating the entire genocide of the Native American race...people don't realize that's what actually happened. Instead they listen to the Disney fairy tale that is told, but Pilgrims and Indians coming together to have a nice big meal. The thing is, nobody cares about what happened after that.

Same thing with Columbus day. Not only is Columbus not the first person to discover America, but his people were responsible for the near extinction of Native Americans.

steveorton
11-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Although we don't celebrate it (I'm from the Caribbean) Happy Thanksgiving to my entire EWN family :D

HolyJose2391
11-24-2011, 11:02 AM
I know lol, I watch HIMYM and learned that from there :D

That's how i knew Canadian thanksgiving exists. Neil Patrick Harris FTW! Lol

And happy thanksgiving everyone!