PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Clique

Keith_Stone
11-20-2011, 11:59 AM
First thread I've started :D

But yeah, I've been checking out another wrestling forum for a couple of weeks in order to compare it with this one. Some of you might now of the site; 'Wrestling Clique'. After being signed up there for 2 weeks or so, I've posted in a few threads, and that's about it.

Of course the first thing I did was create a thread introducing myself in the new members section (as anyone would do). After 2 weeks would you believe that only 4 members out of the hundreds that are on the site welcomed me? A fraction of the warm welcome I received here! A frosty reception indeed!

Also, I find the site very confusing and messy in comparison to this one, especially their E-Fed section, which I found impossible to decipher! There's threads everywhere, and it seems to me that the mods there are very strict judging by how many threads on rules they have up there.

I just didn't get the vibe that I felt here when I signed. There's a real sense of community on EWN, something which was very much lacking on 'Wrestling Clique'.
Seems to me I made the right choice in signing up here! :D

VanHooliganX
11-20-2011, 12:05 PM
First thread I've started :D

But yeah, I've been checking out another wrestling forum for a couple of weeks in order to compare it with this one. Some of you might now of the site; 'Wrestling Clique'. After being signed up there for 2 weeks or so, I've posted in a few threads, and that's about it.

Of course the first thing I did was create a thread introducing myself in the new members section (as anyone would do). After 2 weeks would you believe that only 4 members out of the hundreds that are on the site welcomed me? A fraction of the warm welcome I received here! A frosty reception indeed!

Also, I find the site very confusing and messy in comparison to this one, especially their E-Fed section, which I found impossible to decipher! There's threads everywhere, and it seems to me that the mods there are very strict judging by how many threads on rules they have up there.

I just didn't get the vibe that I felt here when I signed. There's a real sense of community on EWN, something which was very much lacking on 'Wrestling Clique'.
Seems to me I made the right choice in signing up here! :D

This thread is so smooth lol

On a related topic. Its nice to hear that EWN is 1 of the better forums out there. The main advantage I think EWN has is that everything is organised in its lay-out, Douches/flamers are dealt with well, New people are welcomed (including myself when I first joined) and its a fun place to talk about anything. :)

In other words I agree and hope you continue to post smooth posts Keith lol

Necroyeti
11-20-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm a member of Wrestling Clique too... but I only ever use it to post in their independent wrestling section, which is vastly superior to the EWN one.

Their userbase seems to have a lot more knowledgeable people than here, at least from what I've been lurking, but I agree about the lack of community on there. It's a bit, um, "cliquey". You rarely seem to get the time of day unless you're a VIP member and have 1000+ posts. (edit: doesn't seem to be as bad as some other long-running forums though, like DVDVR and UKFF)

pauadrian
11-20-2011, 01:20 PM
i got banned from there in 30 minutes

Keith_Stone
11-20-2011, 01:24 PM
i got banned from there in 30 minutes

30 mins?! Damn! What the hell did you do?

Rich Cranium
11-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I just completed my registration! The EWN invasion has begun!

thejman93
11-20-2011, 01:31 PM
I just completed my registration! The EWN invasion has begun!

May have to join you Richie.

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIIIIIIMMMMMEEEE!

Keith_Stone
11-20-2011, 01:31 PM
I was a member of Wrestling Clique since last December. I still go on just for sig requests. They have some kick ass and sig makers I must say.

That's true, and I also like the avatar panel that everyone has. It's a bit cluttered perhaps, but it's pretty cool to have badges of your favorite wrestlers/teams under your avatar.

pauadrian
11-20-2011, 01:33 PM
30 mins?! Damn! What the hell did you do?

actually areyaserious got us banned
i was saying ewn was gonna invade

while areyaserious was critcizing the e-fedding, he wanted to create an efed but they would not let him he got frustrated and pissed he went to insult the mods and got us both banned

it was a crazy night

Necroyeti
11-20-2011, 01:36 PM
I should mention WC isn't really worth "burying". It's quite a good forum to lurk, and there are plenty of other websites far more worthy of vitriol. (like caws.ws and wrestlezone)

Keith_Stone
11-20-2011, 01:37 PM
actually areyaserious got us banned
i was saying ewn was gonna invade

while areyaserious was critcizing the e-fedding, he wanted to create an efed but they would not let him he got frustrated and pissed he went to insult the mods and got us both banned

it was a crazy night

Sounds fun.
From what I've seen, the mods there really do think they're above everyone. I appears that they don't take any shit whatsoever and can't take a joke.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-20-2011, 01:39 PM
This is my first and only wrestling forum, I get enough fun and discussion here, so that'll do for me! I did have a look at WC's Rules and Regs, it seems too stringent for my liking!!

Tommy Thunder
11-20-2011, 01:41 PM
This is my first and only wrestling forum, I get enough fun and discussion here, so that'll do for me! I did have a look at WC's Rules and Regs, it seems too stringent for my liking!!

Exactly my feelings. This forum does it for me just fine. I have browsed the rules of WC, but it didn't seem right for me. I think I'd have had a good shout at beating that 'banned in 30 mins' record lol!

pauadrian
11-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Good luck with that.

they do not take any shit and mods are full of ego

Wade Barrett 1979
11-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Exactly my feelings. This forum does it for me just fine. I have browsed the rules of WC, but it didn't seem right for me. I think I'd have had a good shout at beating that 'banned in 30 mins' record lol!

Absolutely! Plus I get the feeling it's one of those sites where you are looked down upon if you haven't a high post count! I can't be doing with shizzle like that! :p

VanHooliganX
11-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Sounds fun.
From what I've seen, the mods there really do think they're above everyone. I appears that they don't take any shit whatsoever and can't take a joke.

See this post makes me want to point to a mod of here as a joke. But if I said it i'd hope they'd know I was saying it for shiggles and not to be a douche.

pauadrian
11-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Absolutely! Plus I get the feeling it's one of those sites where you are looked down upon if you haven't a high post count! I can't be doing with shizzle like that! :p

thats exactly what they told us
if your´e under 1000 posts you are a nobody here
i dont give a shit if you are an awesome poster on any other forum you mean nothing

pauadrian
11-20-2011, 01:51 PM
this is what me and AYS got when we were banned

You have been banned for the following reason:
Fuck off.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

pauadrian
11-20-2011, 01:53 PM
To be fair, the mods on WC are lenient. I just hate the some of the rules they have and it gets boring real fast there which is why I don't post there anymore.

the threads are a clusterfuck and so are the wrestling pics on the profile
but i love the design thats he only thing i like the design

Wade Barrett 1979
11-20-2011, 01:54 PM
thats exactly what they told us
if your´e under 1000 posts you are a nobody here
i dont give a shit if you are an awesome poster on any other forum you mean nothing

That's really classy! :p

pauadrian
11-20-2011, 01:58 PM
I agree. I don't know about the threads being a clusterfuck though. They keep it organized, a little TOO organized.

well i had a hard time figuring everything out

Necroyeti
11-20-2011, 01:59 PM
WWTNA did that Cornette shoot download alright for you?

I had a nasty feeling I used .7z compression instead of .zip for the archive by accident, making it useless unless you have 7zip installed.

Automatic
11-20-2011, 02:10 PM
WC is allright, but I only lurk there.

xAzureSkye
11-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Registering now, let the EWN invasion begin!

xAzureSkye
11-20-2011, 02:36 PM
They have a pre-defined avatar thing which is pretty cool

Giddy
11-20-2011, 02:40 PM
This is the only wrestling site I've ever been a member of, and it's the ONLY wrestling site I'll ever will be a member of.

VanHooliganX
11-20-2011, 02:43 PM
This is the only wrestling site I've ever been a member of, and it's the ONLY wrestling site I'll ever will be a member of.

Aye i'm the same. In my whole internet life i've only ever been apart of 1 forum and EWN is currently mine :)

A bit of a sausage fest but meh Atari forums was in 2002-04 lol

xAzureSkye
11-20-2011, 02:46 PM
''The administrators want you to view a thread before you continue to browse the forum.''

ewuh? they keep sending me it and each time its a different thread

KJ PUNK
11-20-2011, 02:51 PM
EWN gets it done for me. I like mostly everyone here and the Mods are cool dudes as well. Plus there's people like me in the Chocolate Blades of Thunder were we just gather and post random stuff that comes to mind.

Bodom
11-20-2011, 03:11 PM
I should mention WC isn't really worth "burying". It's quite a good forum to lurk, and there are plenty of other websites far more worthy of vitriol. (like caws.ws and wrestlezone)

Wrestlezone. *shudders*

Steve Austin
11-20-2011, 04:03 PM
That's why I signed up for this one!

The PPV prediction contests are amazing, gives me something to look forward to when theres a crap PPV card.

HeelTurn
11-20-2011, 04:14 PM
UKFF is by far the worst Ive visited, they are far too cliquey there and treat newbies like crap.

pauadrian
11-20-2011, 04:42 PM
''The administrators want you to view a thread before you continue to browse the forum.''

ewuh? they keep sending me it and each time its a different thread

stay in that thread for around 10 minutes or 15 and then browse

VanHooliganX
11-20-2011, 04:44 PM
That's why I signed up for this one!

The PPV prediction contests are amazing, gives me something to look forward to when theres a crap PPV card.

I enjoy those too.

God knows I enter enough lol