PDA

View Full Version : Dlc

Asherdelampyr
11-16-2011, 02:06 PM
So, I have been thinking about this all week so far (or at least as soon as my internet got turned on at my new place)

We all know that there is some really crap-tastic DLC out there, both in terms of useless (Weapon skins for GOW 3) and just plain assholish (Catwoman in Arkham City, with all the areas that are specifically designed for her)

Then there are those other pieces, large and small, that add more fun to the games, and don't cost so much that buying it is a particularly tough decision

This, is in essence the DLC I want to specifically talk about, name some of your favorites, or just give your opinion on the DLC trend in general :)

For me, I like the vast majority of DLC out there, as long as I can play the entire game without it and feel satisfied that it was worth what I paid, then I can judge the DLC by itself based on money spent vs entertainment value.

some of my favorites were
Oblivion: Knights Of The Nine
Dragon Age: Origins (pretty much all of it)

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-16-2011, 05:22 PM
i think my favourite DLC's have come from the grand theft auto series,
the ballad of gay tony and the lost and damned were both preety good, a decent siz, good story's..also all of them could be played online each adding it's own perks, so they were good and worth the money imo,

Also La Noire had some very good DLC, i enjoyed the game so much that these very much added too the story,

so i guess what im saying is.. Rockstar offer some very good DLC :D but in general i dont tend too download much DLC for fear that they will not be worth the money,

Asherdelampyr
11-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Rockstar does seem to have a good system in place.

Bioware does as well, for the most part. And they are all about giving extra stuff if you buy the game new

the Saint's Row 2 stuff was good too, but the missions it gave were damn near impossible.

HeelTurn
11-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Mass Effect 2 Lair of the Shadowbroker was pretty damn sweet.

The Castlevania Lords of Shadow dlcs were dissapointing.

CGBigMan
11-16-2011, 05:48 PM
The only non COD or HALO DLC ive bought is for Trails HD

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Rockstar does seem to have a good system in place.

Bioware does as well, for the most part. And they are all about giving extra stuff if you buy the game new

the Saint's Row 2 stuff was good too, but the missions it gave were damn near impossible.

yeh i agree man.. im not big on saints row anymore tho tbh, enjoyed it af first..but its gone way too over the top and arcadey for me haha,

also the wrestling DLC is alrite, kinda expected but it's good that they offer the option too download things too your wwe universe!!

Tomsta666
11-16-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm a fan of the Rockstar DLCs. GTAIV - Lost and the Damned / Ballad of Gay Tony. Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare. Those were all stellar add-ons. Another game that was supported well was Burnout Paradise, i'm not the biggest fan of racing games, but loved everything they put out for that game.

Asherdelampyr
11-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Mass Effect 2 Lair of the Shadowbroker was pretty damn sweet.

The Castlevania Lords of Shadow dlcs were dissapointing.

yeah it was
it was awesome and gave a lot of cool stuff without breaking the game

Tomsta666
11-16-2011, 05:56 PM
all you xbox peeps should check this out >
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/DLC-Quest/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802585509c7

Takes a cheeky swipe at DLC culture, and is pretty fun too! :D

KJ PUNK
11-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Yeah I heard don't even turn the Arkham City on before you download the Catwoman DLC, which is a pretty douchey thing for Rocksteady to do.

The only DLC I've ever downloaded was back when I played Guitar Hero and wanted some new songs. I don't really care about DLC that much.

VanHooliganX
11-16-2011, 07:51 PM
So, I have been thinking about this all week so far (or at least as soon as my internet got turned on at my new place)

We all know that there is some really crap-tastic DLC out there, both in terms of useless (Weapon skins for GOW 3) and just plain assholish (Catwoman in Arkham City, with all the areas that are specifically designed for her)

Then there are those other pieces, large and small, that add more fun to the games, and don't cost so much that buying it is a particularly tough decision

This, is in essence the DLC I want to specifically talk about, name some of your favorites, or just give your opinion on the DLC trend in general :)

For me, I like the vast majority of DLC out there, as long as I can play the entire game without it and feel satisfied that it was worth what I paid, then I can judge the DLC by itself based on money spent vs entertainment value.

some of my favorites were
Oblivion: Knights Of The Nine
Dragon Age: Origins (pretty much all of it)

I'll have you know the 2 weapon skins weren't just released.
3 awesome maps, 14 major changes, 1 new fortification. 4 fortication upgrades including Neville the special Onyx guard and the upgraded Silverback that rapes anything.

Pretty badass DLC and the next sounds decent too.

IrkenInvader
11-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Horse Armor - Oblivion

VanHooliganX
11-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Horse Armor - Oblivion

1 day man. Deal of the week. 1 day.

(Hopefully Skyrim gets that too XD)

Asherdelampyr
11-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Horse Armor - Oblivion

I think I would have minded the horse armor more if it didn't cost less than a package of donuts

Tomsta666
11-17-2011, 09:59 AM
lol horse armour!!

Did any of you check out my link I posted a page back?

The horse amour dlc pack is essential to beating that game!!

:D

Asherdelampyr
11-18-2011, 09:26 AM
the Mage, Warrior, and Rogue packs for DA2 are a bit overkill, though I like that they give you belts and rings and amulets for your companions that level up with them

VanHooliganX
11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Gun Runners New Vegas DLC.

Only adds new challenges and new weapons.

Only 320 which is decent and the weapons are so badass. Especially the two-step goodbye :D

Asherdelampyr
11-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Gun Runners New Vegas DLC.

Only adds new challenges and new weapons.

Only 320 which is decent and the weapons are so badass. Especially the two-step goodbye :D

at under 400 points (5 bukcs) I am willing to give DLC a lot of wiggle room, especially if they are adding any sort of new content or weapons

VanHooliganX
11-18-2011, 09:58 AM
at under 400 points (5 bukcs) I am willing to give DLC a lot of wiggle room, especially if they are adding any sort of new content or weapons

Not really new content or areas to explore. More to just to spice the game up.
Weapons are expensive as fuck at times (Especially with low Barter) but the two-step goodbye rapes deathclaws and cazadors.
I think anyone who enjoys going through new vegas a few times would love this.
It also fixs X amount of glitches including the final game breaker bug so can't complain with that (You get the patch automatically like but they're released together :))

Asherdelampyr
11-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Not really new content or areas to explore. More to just to spice the game up.
Weapons are expensive as fuck at times (Especially with low Barter) but the two-step goodbye rapes deathclaws and cazadors.
I think anyone who enjoys going through new vegas a few times would love this.
It also fixs X amount of glitches including the final game breaker bug so can't complain with that (You get the patch automatically like but they're released together :))
that seems reasonable for the price.