PDA

View Full Version : Giovanni Trappatoni

Juvenile Junkie
11-13-2011, 05:28 AM
There's only one Trappatoni
There's only one Trappatoni
Giovanni Trappatoni
There is only one!

Ireland are almost there!Euro2012,here they come!

Tomsta666
11-13-2011, 05:32 AM
Awesome! It's a shame Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland aren't though :(

Juvenile Junkie
11-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Awesome! It's a shame Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland aren't though :(

Well Euro 2016 is 24 teams......

VanHooliganX
11-14-2011, 08:17 AM

Aye I heard it was 24 too.

How's qualification work now? 2 go through and 3rd gets play-off?

Plus its nearly half of the 52 that try to enter. Take away the 10 that can't score or keep clean sheets mean only around 16-ish teams will be knockout out in qualification.

Pumpkinhead
11-14-2011, 08:56 AM
24?, interesting....

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-14-2011, 10:11 AM
yep!! Giovanni has done a good job with ireland fair play, got lucky with the draw tho, eastonia are shocking !!! was hoping portugal would get them.. :)

Tommy Thunder
11-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Very good to see that Ireland are on the verge of making it back to a major tournament.

I have high hopes for Wales to push for qualification for the next World Cup and Euros. Our team is really coming into it's own right now.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Very good to see that Ireland are on the verge of making it back to a major tournament.

I have high hopes for Wales to push for qualification for the next World Cup and Euros. Our team is really coming into it's own right now.

just a shame wales sarted winning and getting together after the group had already been decided really.. as long as they can keep key players fit they will do alrite :) there just is not alot of deph too the team..

Tommy Thunder
11-14-2011, 10:33 AM
just a shame wales sarted winning and getting together after the group had already been decided really.. as long as they can keep key players fit they will do alrite :) there just is not alot of deph too the team..

Very true. Lose Bale, Bellamy (I'm hoping he sticks around considering he's 32 at the moment), Henessy, and the team isn't looking quite so good. But I'm a lot more optimistic right now than when that idiot Toshack was in charge.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Very true. Lose Bale, Bellamy (I'm hoping he sticks around considering he's 32 at the moment), Henessy, and the team isn't looking quite so good. But I'm a lot more optimistic right now than when that idiot Toshack was in charge.

yeh that guy was a joke for wales.. i remeber watching england under 21's vs wales under 21's and england won, but the welsh looked a really good team and that was without bale and few others, and now alot of them younsters are in the first team now e.g. ramsey , and after that game toshack said somthing like in a couple of years wales would be a good team, he does nothing..and then quits on the players who he said would make wales a decent team, hopefully gary speed will keep doing well tho :)

Tommy Thunder
11-14-2011, 10:46 AM
yeh that guy was a joke for wales.. i remeber watching england under 21's vs wales under 21's and england won, but the welsh looked a really good team and that was without bale and few others, and now alot of them younsters are in the first team now e.g. ramsey , and after that game toshack said somthing like in a couple of years wales would be a good team, he does nothing..and then quits on the players who he said would make wales a decent team, hopefully gary speed will keep doing well tho :)

He had the right idea, but he was doing some stupid things like playing ridiculous formations. For example, we played 5-4-1 and 3-5-2 for a large pars of the Toshack era. Weird, negative formations that didn't suit us and were never going to get us anywhere.
Gary Speed is the right man to motivate these young guys, and I'm glad he's come in and done so well.

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 09:56 AM
24?, interesting....

nah,weaker tournament

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Aye I heard it was 24 too.

How's qualification work now? 2 go through and 3rd gets play-off?

Plus its nearly half of the 52 that try to enter. Take away the 10 that can't score or keep clean sheets mean only around 16-ish teams will be knockout out in qualification.

They forgot one small problem,hosting.a 24 team tournament means 36 group games and 15 knockout games,possibly a third place play off.

If some countries need to cohost it with 16 teams,are we gonna have 4 co-hosts in 2020?