PDA

View Full Version : Hunting

AreYaSerious
11-13-2011, 05:02 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited for this season of hunting.

So without wasting your time I'll cut to the chase.

Do any of you hunt?

If so what all do you hunt or have hunted.

I hunt deer, turkey, racoons sometimes rabbits and squirrels

Usually my goal is to get 3 deer a season. If I can get a good size buck, and a doe then that will do it, but you get the idea. I get those out of the way, and go Coon hunting (best hunting) I focus on that for a long time after I get my deer. If I'm coon hunting and I see a rabbit or a squirrel I get them too. I get a couple turkey for the holidays.
I have a good experienced coon dog. For as old as he is you would think he couldn't do it like he use to, but he's got a lot a life left in him. I think I'm going to get a coon pup during this season. That way next season my experienced one can show the new one what to do on dog run season. Then slowly my new one can learn in the next two years. Taking the stress off of my experienced dog.

Everything I hunted? Well I think I got almost everything you can get, except a bear. I go on hunting trips with cousins. Both sides of my family is all about hunting. The things I've hunted from least dangerous to most dangerous: Rabbits,(would I hunt one again, yes) Squirrels,(would I hunt one again, yes) Turkey,(would I hunt one again, yes) Pheasants,(would I hunt one again, yes) Other birds (get one you get them all) Fox,(would you hunt one again, duh)Raccoons(would you hunt one again, My favorite thing to hunt!) Deer,(would I hunt one again, Yes) Elk(thought it was a huge deer, I was surprised that Indiana had Elk, Would you hunt one again, Yes), Coyote,(Would I hunt one again, Yes) Wild Boars(bigger then you think, would I do it again? probably not by myself though) Bobcat(I was scared even after I shot it, would I hunt one again HELL NO)

Please discuss hunting.

Tomsta666
11-13-2011, 05:41 AM
I've done it once. Walking around fields freezing my nuts off at 4 o'clock in the morning, just to blast a few rabbits was not my idea of fun!

Wade Barrett 1979
11-13-2011, 07:22 AM
I'd like to give it a go, just for the experience but hunting like that isn't anything over here, like it is in the States!!

VanHooliganX
11-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Yorkshire = Fox hunting

Which is now illegal so I can't really hunt and i'm not bothered.
I honestly don't care if it is or isn't banned really.

AreYaSerious
11-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I've done it once. Walking around fields freezing my nuts off at 4 o'clock in the morning, just to blast a few rabbits was not my idea of fun!
Some people love it some people hate it man. I was born into it.

I'd like to give it a go, just for the experience but hunting like that isn't anything over here, like it is in the States!!
I wouldn't know, explain so I understand?

Yorkshire = Fox hunting

Which is now illegal so I can't really hunt and i'm not bothered.
I honestly don't care if it is or isn't banned really.

Fox hunting is illegal in your location? That sucks. I don't really bother with fox hunting either.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-13-2011, 06:25 PM
im like wade.. i would like too give it ago, but over in the uk it's not like the states.. the olny time i hunt too kill is if there is a spider in my room tbh ,

Asherdelampyr
11-13-2011, 06:26 PM
I used to go hunting with my grandpa until he passed away
we mainly hunted deer, though we did go after black bear a couple times, as well as mountain lion.

VanHooliganX
Fox hunting is illegal in your location? That sucks. I don't really bother with fox hunting either.

Well its banned in the whole of England but Fox Hunting was quite big here (in my region at least).

Wade Barrett 1979
What I meant was, hunting isn't really a big thing over here! There's no hunting scene, like you have in the States! The only thing you get here, is shooting game birds but it's looked on as quite an elitest pursuit! I think the main reason is our gun laws over here!

Robstar
11-13-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm not against it, since we are at the top of the food chain. Killing for sport I think should only be allowed if there is an abundance of a particular animal and aren't endangered.

I go hunting every week.....at the supermarket!

Asherdelampyr
11-13-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm not against it, since we are at the top of the food chain. Killing for sport I think should only be allowed if there is an abundance of a particular animal and aren't endangered.

I think you should eat all your kills
besides, most of them are tasty

Wade Barrett 1979
11-13-2011, 06:55 PM

So do I! Every Friday and Saturday night in Birmingham! Except we call it, 'Sharking!' :D