PDA

View Full Version : Penn State Fires Joe Paterno

Broc
11-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm honestly very ashamed of Penn State to not let Joe pa finish just one more year, but regardless this guy is one of the greatest College coaches of all time and it's a shame that this how he has to retire

KJ PUNK
11-10-2011, 12:58 AM
He definitely should've been fired. And the Penn State students that are protesting are just making their university look worse. Joe Pa let the guy continue to use the facilities on campus as late as LAST WEEK. That's unforgivable.

VanHooliganX
11-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Is he the douche who touches kids?

Rich Cranium
11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Is he the douche who touches kids?

No, that is Jerry Sandusky. But a grad student informed him that he had seen Sandusky in the showers with a young boy but apparently Joe Pa didn't report the incident to authorities which resulted in his firing which imo is justified. Those students tipping over news van should be thinking about those victims and not some 84 year old coach that should retire anyway.

VanHooliganX
11-10-2011, 08:33 PM
No, that is Jerry Sandusky. But a grad student informed him that he had seen Sandusky in the showers with a young boy but apparently Joe Pa didn't report the incident to authorities which resulted in his firing which imo is justified. Those students tipping over news van should be thinking about those victims and not some 84 year old coach that should retire anyway.

Ah I see.
I heard briefly about a coach getting fired and thought it was him.
Thank you for clearing that up :D

Broc
11-10-2011, 11:55 PM

well I honestly don't blame the students for supporting Joe, that's called being a real fan of someone, you love them no matter what, and that's what I think about the PSU students supporting him, should he have been fired, probably, but the students had every right to support Joe through this

Dameduse823
11-11-2011, 12:28 AM
I'm honestly very ashamed of Penn State to not let Joe pa finish just one more year, but regardless this guy is one of the greatest College coaches of all time and it's a shame that this how he has to retire

Why should he be allowed to retire? Look I'll be the first to say I know nothing about football and I care even less but I've been following this story and in my humble opinion him, sandusky, and everyone else who knew that this was happening should be dragged out in front of penn state and publicly put down like the animals they are

Broc
11-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Why should he be allowed to retire? Look I'll be the first to say I know nothing about football and I care even less but I've been following this story and in my humble opinion him, sandusky, and everyone else who knew that this was happening should be dragged out in front of penn state and publicly put down like the animals they are

the reason I think he should be allowed to retire is because of all he has done for PSU, he should be able to go out with pride and dignity rather than being kicked to the curb as if he weren't one of the greatest coaches of all time, I think that PSU should have gotten with Paterno and basically told him "look you have to retire or we're gonna fire you" isn't that the least they can do when someone has given 61 years of their life to their university?

Dameduse823
11-11-2011, 01:00 AM
the reason I think he should be allowed to retire is because of all he has done for PSU, he should be able to go out with pride and dignity rather than being kicked to the curb as if he weren't one of the greatest coaches of all time, I think that PSU should have gotten with Paterno and basically told him "look you have to retire or we're gonna fire you" isn't that the least they can do when someone has given 61 years of their life to their university?

If he'd been caught drinking on the job or embezzling money then yes, but he was covering up child molestation he's doesn't deserve anything I don't care if he won some trophies or cured cancer he should be in jail

Broc
11-11-2011, 01:03 AM
If he'd been caught drinking on the job or embezzling money then yes, but he was covering up child molestation he's doesn't deserve anything I don't care if he won some trophies or cured cancer he should be in jail

okay I can understand firing, but since when was being in jail even in the question? he hasn't even been charged with a crime so why should he be in jail? I mean ya what he did was wrong I'll tell you that but he doesn't deserve any jail time, plus the guy probably only has about 5-10 years left to even live so I think he does need to try to enjoy the remainder of his life without football for a change

Sully
11-11-2011, 02:07 AM
okay I can understand firing, but since when was being in jail even in the question? he hasn't even been charged with a crime so why should he be in jail? I mean ya what he did was wrong I'll tell you that but he doesn't deserve any jail time, plus the guy probably only has about 5-10 years left to even live so I think he does need to try to enjoy the remainder of his life without football for a change

Not telling the authorities of a crime, is a crime. It's called being an accessory, and yes you can go to jail for it. Now I don't think a jury would be able to charge Paterno for that, due to lack of evidence, but they always try.

Here's what is says on wikipedia.

To be convicted of an accessory charge, the accused must generally be proved to have had actual knowledge that a crime was going to be, or had been, committed. Furthermore, there must be proof that the accessory knew that his or her action, or inaction, was helping the criminals commit the crime, or evade detection, or escape. A person who unknowingly houses a person who has just committed a crime, for instance, may not be charged with an accessory offense because they did not have knowledge of the crime.

So is Joe Paterno guilty?

Also, if he did go to jail, it wouldn't be some maximum security prison. They know the man's age, and Joe Paterno is also a celebrity. He'll get off very easy with those two perks.

Sully
11-11-2011, 02:17 AM

Did you seriously just say that? Right, they're the animals.

You're saying that we should take anyone that knew of what happened, drag them in front of a college, and shot them in the head? Then you have the audacity to say they're animals? Where's Y2J when you need him?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/23272_111253728898126_8766_n.jpg

There he is.

Anyways, no. Just no. Who's to say that any of them are guilty? I know that's a bold thing to say, but what do you know about the case? Has anyone been proven guilty? At this time I'm not awake enough to look it up, but I'm not going to sit here and say they should be shot in the head in front of a large group of people.

They fired him for public relations. Did they want to fire Joe, probably not. It was nothing personal, but there would have been even more controversy if they allowed him to stay.

How do you know what the situation was, whenever Joe was "told" one time about the situation. Maybe he was tired, maybe he wasn't paying attention to what the kid said. The guy is 84 years old, he isn't exactly going to hear everything going on.

Although I don't think Joe Paterno should have been allowed to coach anyways. This could've been avoided for him, if he retired years ago.

Dameduse823
11-11-2011, 02:20 AM

You're saying that we should take anyone that knew of what happened, drag them in front of a college, and shot them in the head? Then you have the audacity to say they're animals? Where's Y2J when you need him?

There he is.

Anyways, no. Just no. Who's to say that any of them are guilty? I know that's a bold thing to say, but what do you know about the case? Has anyone been proven guilty? At this time I'm not awake enough to look it up, but I'm not going to sit here and say they should be shot in the head in front of a large group of people.

They fired him for public relations. Did they want to fire Joe, probably not. It was nothing personal, but they would have been even more controversy if they allowed him to stay.

I'll say this simply, in MY OPINION anyone who molests children, covers up child molestation, aids in it in any way should be killed. Its that simple

Broc
11-11-2011, 02:23 AM

There he is.

They fired him for public relations. Did they want to fire Joe, probably not. It was nothing personal, but there would have been even more controversy if they allowed him to stay.

How do you know what the situation was, whenever Joe was "told" one time about the situation. Maybe he was tired, maybe he wasn't paying attention to what the kid said. The guy is 84 years old, he isn't exactly going to hear everything going on.

Although I don't think Joe Paterno should have been allowed to coach anyways. This could've been avoided for him, if he retired years ago.

I'm pretty sure if he couldn't hear what a student was telling him he wouldn't be able to coach, you really under estimate the condition that paterno is in right now, he obviously can hear fine if he's coaching a game

as far as retiring earlier why? so what if he's old, he was still doing a fine job at coaching, so I see no reason as to why he should have retired any earlier than he planned on.

Broc
11-11-2011, 02:25 AM
I'll say this simply, in MY OPINION anyone who molests children, covers up child molestation, aids in it in any way should be killed. Its that simple

okay let's say they did kill everyone involved in that whole thing and then a year later they cover up new evidence that proves them innocent, would they deserve to be killed then? and come on even if they are guilty why the fuck should someone die for something like that? the only people who really deserve to die are people that have actually killed other people, not someone who was accused of a child molestation

Dameduse823
11-11-2011, 02:32 AM
okay let's say they did kill everyone involved in that whole thing and then a year later they cover up new evidence that proves them innocent, would they deserve to be killed then? and come on even if they are guilty why the fuck should someone die for something like that? the only people who really deserve to die are people that have actually killed other people, not someone who was accused of a child molestation

Murder is a terrible crime but in many cases it can be explained. Would you put someone to death for killing a person who's attacking them? Or put a cop to death for shooting someone holding a hostage? Murder is something that can be explained and in this country it can even be legally argued as self defense.

Child molestation and rape however can't be explained away, for any reason. People who molest children don't do it by accident, they do it because their sick

Sully
11-11-2011, 02:34 AM

I'll say this, in MY OPINION. Nobody should be killed, no matter what they do. If you go around thinking anyone's life should be ended, especially someone like Joe Paterno, who hardly knew about it and was informed a long time ago, then you won't live a happy life.

What if someone is being framed, and their life ends?

What about the bible? Killing is killing, just because the government does it, doesn't make it any less of a sin. I don't think Joe knew about it, and was covering it up his whole life. He may have known years ago, or he may have not taken the report seriously do to whatever situation.

If you think anyone who "aids in child molestation in anyway" should be killed, that makes me think you are a very aggressive person, who would take something into their own hands and kill themselves, and that scares me.

Thinking things like that are why these crimes happen in the first place!

Sully
11-11-2011, 02:36 AM
Murder is a terrible crime but in many cases it can be explained. Would you put someone to death for killing a person who's attacking them? Or put a cop to death for shooting someone holding a hostage? Murder is something that can be explained and in this country it can even be legally argued as self defense.

Child molestation and rape however can't be explained away, for any reason. People who molest children don't do it by accident, they do it because their sick

You aren't helping yourself in anyway here. You hit the nail right on the head, they do it, because they have problems. They are sick, and they need help! Killing them won't help them, killing them is making us look like the bad people. They can't help themselves, they were born with a sexual attraction to children, and sometimes those sexual needs overtake them. People don't think when they're turned on, and sometimes it just get's worse.

You don't kill people who need help.

Broc
11-11-2011, 02:37 AM

okay the first part I agree with, what I meant by that was like terrorists, people who cause large amounts of death and have no defense for it

but as far as the child molestation goes, I disagree that it can't be explained, you can easily be false accused of child molestation or rape, there's plenty of people who have been "accused" rape or child molestation that were never proven to have done anything, and plus even when they are guilty jail time is good enough for that case, you can be straightened out from this stuff, no one deserves to die for something like that when they can easily be fixed and turn their life around

Dameduse823
11-11-2011, 02:40 AM
I'll say this, in MY OPINION. Nobody should be killed, no matter what they do. If you go around thinking anyone's life should be ended, especially someone like Joe Paterno, who hardly knew about it and was informed a long time ago, then you won't live a happy life.

What if someone is being framed, and their life ends?

What about the bible? Killing is killing, just because the government does it, doesn't make it any less of a sin. I don't think Joe knew about it, and was covering it up his whole life. He may have known years ago, or he may have not taken the report seriously do to whatever situation.

If you think anyone who "aids in child molestation in anyway" should be killed, that makes me think you are a very aggressive person, who would take something into their own hands and kill themselves, and that scares me.

Thinking things like that are why these crimes happen in the first place!

Well I can assure you I haven't killed anyone, and I can understand that you find my point of view disturbing so allow me to explain a little. I'm aggressive about this because I have two young daughters and four young cousins and when I hear a story like this I think about what the families of the victims are going through seeing these reports where it seems more people care about some glorified gym teacher then what happened to their kids and I can't find and pity for someone who'd hurt a child.

Broc
11-11-2011, 02:42 AM
Well I can assure you I haven't killed anyone, and I can understand that you find my point of view disturbing so allow me to explain a little. I'm aggressive about this because I have two young daughters and four young cousins and when I hear a story like this I think about what the families of the victims are going through seeing these reports where it seems more people care about some glorified gym teacher then what happened to their kids and I can't find and pity for someone who'd hurt a child.

but still that doesn't mean they deserve to dies, like Sully said they need help and killing them isn't going to help them with that, this can easily be cured for anyone and they shouldn't die for being accused, or found guilty of anything

Dameduse823
11-11-2011, 02:45 AM
but still that doesn't mean they deserve to dies, like Sully said they need help and killing them isn't going to help them with that, this can easily be cured for anyone and they shouldn't die for being accused, or found guilty of anything

I think I've made myself look like enough of a lunatic, so lets agree to disagree. If they are found guilty in a court of law I hope they are given the full punishment that they can be given, no matter their age or accomplishments

Broc
11-11-2011, 02:47 AM
I think I've made myself look like enough of a lunatic, so lets agree to disagree. If they are found guilty in a court of law I hope they are given the full punishment that they can be given, no matter their age or accomplishments

I can agree with that, I just have a problem of thinking that anyone deserves to die for almost anything

TheBeardOfZeus
11-11-2011, 06:40 AM
I can understand Dameduse is saying.

If I had kids, and that was my child being molested, I'd be the one in jail for life after slaughtering him.

The victim is scarred for life, they deserve to be too.

VanHooliganX
11-11-2011, 07:06 AM
I can understand Dameduse is saying.

If I had kids, and that was my child being molested, I'd be the one in jail for life after slaughtering him.

The victim is scarred for life, they deserve to be too.

Aye me too.

You know he wouldn't get life in prison either thanks to judges being useless.

Juvenile Junkie
11-11-2011, 10:36 AM
After seeing the mayhem cause by Joe Paterno's firing,The Glazer family will never ever dare fire Sir Alex Ferguson!

Juvenile Junkie
11-11-2011, 10:37 AM
You know he wouldn't get life in prison either thanks to judges being useless.

Ah that sounds like a South African jail.They let people out for being overcrowded!

KJ PUNK
11-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Did y'all know that the guy who caught Sandusky with the child in the shower was a 28 year old who, oh by the way, is now a coach at PENN STATE? Sounds fishy to me and might be evidence of a potential cover-up by the university.

Sully
11-11-2011, 02:40 PM

I can see why you feel that way, but let me show you my point of view. I have a father in jail for 18-40 years, because the opposing side of a custody case decided to play the "rape" card. So with my dad in jail for something he didn't do, it makes me think other people who are on death row and completely innocent, get screwed.

Rich Cranium
11-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Ah that sounds like a South African jail.They let people out for being overcrowded!

They do that in California too.

Broc
11-11-2011, 04:59 PM
I can see why you feel that way, but let me show you my point of view. I have a father in jail for 18-40 years, because the opposing side of a custody case decided to play the "rape" card. So with my dad in jail for something he didn't do, it makes me think other people who are on death row and completely innocent, get screwed.

wow he went there ^^ this time 1000

Rich Cranium
11-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Did y'all know that the guy who caught Sandusky with the child in the shower was a 28 year old who, oh by the way, is now a coach at PENN STATE? Sounds fishy to me and might be evidence of a potential cover-up by the university.

Yeah, he was the grad student who reported it to Paterno. I believe all of the assistant coaches knew about it but bc the football team drew in an estimated 50 million dollars a year, they tried to sweep it under the rug. Sort of like the whole priest pedophile scandal.

Super Kicked
11-13-2011, 06:18 AM
I don't know what to say, I am ashamed of so many people. You read the grand jury's indictment and it is just mind blowing that this went on for so long. So many people to blame; Sandusky, Jo Pa, MacQuery, the authorities. This guy wasn't just accused but someone walked in on the act and he reported it to his superiors and not the authorities? What? Jo Pa publically admits that he should have done more because forbidding Sandusky to bring young boys on campus is clearly not enough for someone who was caught molesting a child.

What kind of place is this that allows this to happen to children for the sake of football? This stuff all dates back to 1998 but doesn't come out until after Jo Pa breaks the record for most wins. A sad, sad day for America.

And what is with these people going into an uproar over his firing to the point of tipping over a news van? I know it sounds cliché but what about the children? No, just no. While yes this man is being accused by 8 families, there is at least one case with an eyewitness to the crime, yet he was still able to open a boy’s summer camp five miles away from the school's campus?

A reputation takes a lifetime to build and only moments to destroy.

Giddy
11-19-2011, 12:14 AM
The whole thing makes me sick. Like literally, Sandusky makes me nauseous

Sully
11-21-2011, 09:53 AM
The whole thing makes me sick. Like literally, Sandusky makes me nauseous

Why just Sandusky? You act like he's the only person to have ever done this? What, just because he's famous you have to single him out? There are many, many people that have done things very similar to just, they just weren't as well known.