PDA

View Full Version : African Player Of The Year Award

Juvenile Junkie
11-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Some are calling it the Ballon Sn'or,but thats harsh.Anyways heres the list of 10 nominees:

Eto'o
Drogba
Gervinho
Asemoah Gyan
Yaya Toure
Seydou Keita
Kevin Prince Boateng
Andrey Ayew
Taraabt
Moussa Sow

Juvenile Junkie
11-09-2011, 04:50 PM
My picks:

3. Eto'o
2. Yaya Toure
Winner: Kevin THE Prince Boateng

But I think Yaya Toure will win,this award does have some dubious winners over the years(i.e. Drogba winning it when Eto'o won the UCL has happened a couple of times),so one can expect the unexpected.

Tommy Thunder
11-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Eto'o for me. Still banging in goals at an alarming rate. Toure would also be a deserving winner though.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-09-2011, 05:29 PM
My picks:

3. Eto'o
2. Yaya Toure
Winner: Kevin THE Prince Boateng

But I think Yaya Toure will win,this award does have some dubious winners over the years(i.e. Drogba winning it when Eto'o won the UCL has happened a couple of times),so one can expect the unexpected.

I'm thinking Yaya!!

I don't think you should give plaudits just based on winning a major tournament! By that argument, Xabi Alonso is a better player than Cryuff, due to having a World Cup winners' medal?!?!

Automatic
11-09-2011, 06:41 PM
I think they'll let Eto'o or Yaya win, they usually go for the big names.

AreYaSerious
11-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Is it me or is this award racist?

Tommy Thunder
11-09-2011, 08:52 PM

Why is that?
(please be careful how you answer that!)

Tomsta666
11-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Doesn't Eto'o play for some really random obscure Russian team now?
Where the dude who owns the club is like some multi-gazillionaire playing his own fantasy football game!!

SLEEPY LOCO1
11-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Yes it's you.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Where the dude who owns the club is like some multi-gazillionaire playing his own fantasy football game!!

Yup, he plays for FC Anzhi Makhachkala! It's owned bu Suleyman Kerimov, a Russian billionaire!

Juvenile Junkie
11-10-2011, 05:46 AM

Why? As a white South African,its accpeted that soccer is 'the balck man's game',rugby and cricket are 'the white man's game'.Unfortunate,but true.

Juvenile Junkie
11-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Yes it's you.

thats harsh.

Juvenile Junkie
11-10-2011, 05:48 AM

Russia's Man City,but with local ownership

Juvenile Junkie
11-10-2011, 05:52 AM
I'm thinking Yaya!!

I don't think you should give plaudits just based on winning a major tournament! By that argument, Xabi Alonso is a better player than Cryuff, due to having a World Cup winners' medal?!?!

who?what major tournament? None of these players won major tournaments other than Keita and he hardly starred in the uCL

Wade Barrett 1979
11-10-2011, 06:20 AM
who?what major tournament? None of these players won major tournaments other than Keita and he hardly starred in the uCL

If you read things properly, you will see this statement is in response to yours, where you state they have picked dubious winners in the past ie, Drogba winning in tbe same year that Eto'o won the UCL! My point was, that doesn't mean Eto'o should automatically win ahead of Drogba!

Juvenile Junkie
11-11-2011, 02:06 AM
If you read things properly, you will see this statement is in response to yours, where you state they have picked dubious winners in the past ie, Drogba winning in tbe same year that Eto'o won the UCL! My point was, that doesn't mean Eto'o should automatically win ahead of Drogba!

When you score in a final,and score more goals domestically what else do you want?? That was a poor defense of Drogba but given the league he plays in,I'm not suprised.,the selection was highly criticized.Eto'o has starred in 3 Champions League wins,drogba swears at TV cameras for no reason

Wade Barrett 1979
11-11-2011, 11:50 AM
When you score in a final,and score more goals domestically what else do you want?? That was a poor defense of Drogba but given the league he plays in,I'm not suprised.,the selection was highly criticized.Eto'o has starred in 3 Champions League wins,drogba swears at TV cameras for no reason

You are wrong on so many points, with this statement! First of all, how did you come up with that I was defending Drogba? Where in ANY of my posts, do I state that I believe Drogba was the right choice for the award? Secondly, when have I EVER stated that I believe the EPL is the best League? Thirdly, how does swearing at a camera, have anything to do with giving out awards! If players' behaviour was taken in to account, NO footballer would ever win player awards!!

Once again, just because I'm English, you've allowed this matter to grate on your xenophobic tendencies and you have jumped to countless, unfounded, accusations and ridiculous arguments!

We get it, you don't like the English!! So how about changing the record and stop making youself look idiotic by jumping to conclusions all the time, through your xenophobia?! You were mildly amusing at first, now you're a bore and a highly tasteless one at that!

sincara
11-13-2011, 07:04 AM
3: drogba
2: taarbat
1:yaya toure

TheBeardOfZeus
11-13-2011, 07:30 AM
I have no idea why some are on that list.

Boudebouz has had a much better season at Sochaux than Keita at Barca, Asamoah has been terrific at Udinese, and why isn't Alex Song there?

Over everyone, I'd give it Moussa Sow personally, banged them in for Lille. I hate awards that are given consistently to the same players, you should reward those who have had a great season, not those that are consistently good. Scholes never won an award like this, yet ask any midfielder who his toughest opponent was, they will tell you Scholes.

Tommy Thunder
11-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Can I ask JJ (nothing to do with the subject) why don't you multi-quote, as opposed to postwhoring and replying to several quotes in separate messages?

Back on topic. Samuel Eto'o should win this award IMO. I know TBOZ is in the know about football these days thanks to his job, so maybe I should check out this Moussa Sow guy. But Eto'o scored a shed load of goals last year, and has started his current campaign at his new Russian club in fine form.

Pumpkinhead
11-14-2011, 09:06 AM
I dont know if Etoo is currently playing in a Russian team will affect his posibilities, there are som good contestants, for example Sow and Yaya Toure, also I heard Boateng quit the Ghana Team, is going for Germany like his Brother?,

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 09:36 AM
I dont know if Etoo is currently playing in a Russian team will affect his posibilities, there are som good contestants, for example Sow and Yaya Toure, also I heard Boateng quit the Ghana Team, is going for Germany like his Brother?,

too late,once you play for 1 country,its the only one you can play for.