PDA

View Full Version : WWE Tag Team Match Formula?

K2Jelly
10-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Is it me or does the same thing happen during a tag team match?

1. Member from team face goes crazy and dominates team heel member in the opening minutes.
2. Commercial break
3. Team heel member dominating
4. Makes tag to other member
5. Other member of team heel interferes illegally while other team heel member distracts refr
6. Another tag in to team heel
7. Team face member gets beaten up more. Tries to make a tag. Fails.
8. Either team face member makes a tag after struggling to get away from team heel member or both men get knocked down and each make a tag into their corners.
9. Team face member dominates in a short burst of fury and even hits the team heel member that's on the apron.
10.Team heel attacks fresh team face member.
11.Worn out team face member knocks worn out team heel member out of the ring along with himself.
12.Either team face or team heel come up with the win.

Or something like that.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-13-2010, 11:25 PM
please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Damn, I thought I was the only one with too much time on my hands. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
Don’t be humble, you’re not that great.

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 12:06 AM
More or less, its like that. WWE tag team wrestling isn't as predictable as back then

Bodom
10-14-2010, 12:17 AM
We can tell this a dull, shitty tag match. He only listed one commercial break.

The better ones usually get 2 lol

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 12:21 AM
We can tell this a dull, shitty tag match. He only listed one commercial break.

The better ones usually get 2 lol

I lol'ed to this.

Its true. Only good tag matches have 2+ commericials.

Crappy ones 1 or none.

Bodom
10-14-2010, 12:24 AM
I lol'ed to this.

Its true. Only good tag matches have 2+ commericials.

Crappy ones 1 or none.

Even then, WWE tag matches just aren't good anymore.

For the record Superstars does't count

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Even then, WWE tag matches just aren't good anymore.

For the record Superstars does't count

Since WWE is cutting teams in half.....

Bodom
10-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Since WWE is cutting teams in half.....

Seriously. The only legit team they had were The Hart Dynasty and they're breaking them up! and they broke up the Gatecrashers! I like The Uso's, but they haven't done anything to make us care about them. I love The Dudebusters, but they've been made into a joke.

Vince should just outright say that he doesn't give two shits about tag team wrestling

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Seriously. The only legit team they had were The Hart Dynasty and they're breaking them up! and they broke up the Gatecrashers! I like The Uso's, but they haven't done anything to make us care about them. I love The Dudebusters, but they've been made into a joke.

Vince should just outright say that he doesn't give two shits about tag team wrestling

I like the Hart Dynasty but yes they will be broken up.

As for the Gatecrashers, they did make an impact but its not significant now -.- (sorry Lance Hoyt shouldve stayed with Christy)

Uso's are eh to me (Sorry Rikishi I love ya man!)

The Dudebusters are hurt the most. Good tag team.

We can all see that Vince doesn't care about tag team wrestling because single or specialty matches are getting pops. Not tag team wrestling.
I guess Vince forgot that controversial things happen in tag team matches too.

(I would be a tag team wrestler if I went in to pro wrestling)

Bodom
10-14-2010, 12:47 AM
I like the Hart Dynasty but yes they will be broken up.

As for the Gatecrashers, they did make an impact but its not significant now -.- (sorry Lance Hoyt shouldve stayed with Christy)

Uso's are eh to me (Sorry Rikishi I love ya man!)

The Dudebusters are hurt the most. Good tag team.

We can all see that Vince doesn't care about tag team wrestling because single or specialty matches are getting pops. Not tag team wrestling.
I guess Vince forgot that controversial things happen in tag team matches too.

(I would be a tag team wrestler if I went in to pro wrestling)

ITs a shame too, tag team wrestling can be a lot of fun.

See: MCMG vs Beer Money, Beer Money vs Team 3D, MCMG vs GenMe

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 12:49 AM

TNA is great with their tag team division.

WWE needs to take down note on how to care for the tag team division.

hystrix
10-14-2010, 05:56 AM

They know how. They just don't do it anymore. The WWE dosn't need TNA to teach them anything. They only need to look at thier own history:

Edge & Christian vs. The Hardys, vs. The Dudleys TLC match. One one the greatest Tag team matches ever.

Also see the first two Survivor Series Tag Team matches ( 5 teams vs 5 team). Those were awesome.

Shoot, the British Bulldogs vs the Hart Foundation in a two out of three falls for the Tag titles back in '86 was better that ANYTHING WWE, TNA, or ROH have today...

Belzova
10-14-2010, 05:58 AM

XD They always make great teams sometimes (WWE) but they have this annoying habit of breaking them up when they start to get big.

TNA has done a good job except for THEY. That has to be the worst team since Billy an Chuck.

CMhuw24
10-14-2010, 06:19 AM
I tend to just skip wwe tag matches, theyre just to people randomly put together by now anyway.
Tag Teams tend to last like half a year in wwe.
TNA is the best place for tag team wrestling, MCMG and Beer Money's series was the best ive seen since the triplethreat hardys, edge and christian team 3D match.

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 11:02 AM
XD They always make great teams sometimes (WWE) but they have this annoying habit of breaking them up when they start to get big.

TNA has done a good job except for THEY. That has to be the worst team since Billy an Chuck.

What I meant to say is that I know WWE can make tag team wrestling very interesting and fun but they are too focused on the main event guys and place them singles or high profile matches. They can make tag team wrestling good but the division is going to a dead end. Teams are getting cut and barely any decent tag matches.

Thats why I said WWE needs to take notes on TNA's tag team division because TNA is making tag team legends.

hiphopjunkie
10-14-2010, 03:27 PM
TNA has more creative double team moves. If you watch WWE their double team moves are way too simple with no impact. The heart dynasty was okay but their double team finisher was fucking terrible. Beer Moneys DWI finisher is fucking awesome. its simple, but high impact.

TheBeardOfZeus
10-14-2010, 03:36 PM
All WWE needs to do is think of good tag teams, stick them together and keep them for a bit

Like now, McIntyre and Rhodes isn't a bad idea for a team, but who else would you have in there?

I'd say Kofi could do with someone, and a Bourne/Henry tag team atm is a given, just needs someone to go with the guts and something different

Ruggy
10-14-2010, 04:42 PM

TNA definitely has the market (ehatever market is left) in tag-team wrestling...

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 04:43 PM
All WWE needs to do is think of good tag teams, stick them together and keep them for a bit

Like now, McIntyre and Rhodes isn't a bad idea for a team, but who else would you have in there?

I'd say Kofi could do with someone, and a Bourne/Henry tag team atm is a given, just needs someone to go with the guts and something different

You are asking the WWE WAY TOO MUCH. They are cutting teams not making them xD

chaos75
10-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Tag Teams tend to last like half a year in wwe.

I know, what is up with that? JeriShow only lasted for the end of 2009 and ShowMiz only lasted the start of 2010 (and I didn't really see them as a tag team, although it's making this rivalry for Bragging Rights better).

Even DX's return didn't last for that long (I would have wanted to see DX at 'Mania than Shawn and HHH having seperate matches, although Shawn vs Undertaker Round 2 (that's what i call it) was good).

TheBeardOfZeus
10-14-2010, 05:00 PM
You are asking the WWE WAY TOO MUCH. They are cutting teams not making them xD

It's a shame that they are though isn't it?

I mean, they should create something to make it credible again, they aren't that small of a company to just hire a guy to help book tag matches

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 05:15 PM
It's a shame that they are though isn't it?

I mean, they should create something to make it credible again, they aren't that small of a company to just hire a guy to help book tag matches

Thats if the guy gives a crap about tag matches.

Vince doesn't.

TheBeardOfZeus
10-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Dude, i wish he did, i loved the 90's

Bodom
10-14-2010, 09:18 PM

The problem here is it's too logical. wrestling and logic never mix lol

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 09:31 PM

Well....I mean....past ECW was very logical....in their VIOLENCE!

I kid xD

Tag team wrestling should be back in the WWE.

TheBeardOfZeus
10-15-2010, 04:51 AM

Me and my logic, i knew it would come back and bite me in the arse

Bodom
10-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Me and my logic, i knew it would come back and bite me in the arse

It's ok, it happens to all of us

SilverGhost
10-16-2010, 01:40 AM
It's ok, it happens to all of us

Yeah look at the tag team division now.

BaileyRose
10-16-2010, 02:32 AM
It is no secret that the Tag Team division inside of the World Wrestling Entertainment is in shambles. I mean off the top of my head I could give you at least 12 possible Tag Teams. I know that they have paired up some guys, but what is the point of getting behind them when you know they will break up sooner rather than later? World Wrestling Entertainment is forgetting what makes a Tag Team split a jaw dropping experience. An that depends solely on their capability of drawing the crowd an making them linger on to just about every word they say on the mic whether it radiates boo's or cheer's from the crowd along with years. Evolution, Hardy Boyz, E&C.. They were out there an had a ton of matches an were flung into the spotlight. What do they have in common? They were around for years.. It was a heart pounding experience just to see each of those 3 teams, and since I was a youngster during the Hogan-era I cannot really say what other teams there were.

AHH! Also, they are already teasing a Hart Dynasty break up which sucks. I wonder who will get the short end of the stick between Tyson Kidd, and David Hart Smith.

SilverGhost
10-16-2010, 08:34 AM
AHH! Also, they are already teasing a Hart Dynasty break up which sucks. I wonder who will get the short end of the stick between Tyson Kidd, and David Hart Smith.

I say D.H. Smith. Sure he is a big guy, but he lacks the aggression level.

Tyson will actually do extremely well as a single wrestler but I don't want tag teams being split.

I hope The Guns will save tag team wrestling xD