PDA

View Full Version : Another FIFA disgrace.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 10:09 AM
So FIFA, has decided to not allow the England squad to wear poppies on their strips, during the friendly with Spain on November 12th!!

What a spit in the face to all those who gave up their lives, so all these corrupt idiots could have free lives!

It's an unmitigated disgrace!

VanHooliganX
11-05-2011, 10:43 AM
So FIFA, has decided to not allow the England squad to wear poppies on their strips, during the friendly with Spain on November 12th!!

What a spit in the face to all those who gave up their lives, so all these corrupt idiots could have free lives!

Sepp Blater = The sporting worlds version of Hitler.

Think i'm taking that a little overboard? Well then after you've gone to Brazil to check the lives around where they're building the new stadiums (well whats left of them) i'll happily forgive you for being wrong.

He is a C word that sounds like Blunt.

Automatic
11-05-2011, 10:46 AM
What are poppies?

CGBigMan
11-05-2011, 10:48 AM
What are poppies?

they are a flower which commeorates rememerance day in britain

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 10:49 AM
What are poppies?

It's a Plural word for Poppy! A flower we wear in this country to remember all those who laid down their lives during the Second World War!

Juvenile Junkie
11-05-2011, 10:49 AM

FIFA and England,one could right a book about their relationship.

But,If you and I worked for FIFA,and the english media slated us left right and centre becuase of their failed World Cup bid,we wouldn't allow the poppies either.Lord Triesman bashed FIFA the day before the Rooney/red card verdict,which was 3 games,which is harsh,but if Mr.Triesman hadn't opened his mouth,it could have been a 1 or 2 game ban.Your media is hurting your national team,if Rooney came from Spain or Portugal,who accepted their 2018 bid defeats graciuosly,things could have been different.

I think the fact that UEFA and FIFA would ban rooney for 3 games at 1 of their tournaments in an era where guys like Kevin Prince Boateng retires from the International game at 24,just about sums up how FIFA and UEFA have a bone to pick with ENgland.

On a side note,out of curiosity,can a person buy a club shirt with a poppie on?

If England do wear the poppies,what is the worst thing that can happen?They won't ban England ala Heysal,it would never be valid in court.

We had shirt rubbish with the rugby World cuo.We had to pick between the national sports logo and the Springboks logo to be on the shirt,because the IRB wouldn't allow two badges.The Springbok ended up on the shoulder,and people even boycotted buying the shirt.Granted nobody died like in the war,I don't see why shirts of a National teams needs to be' approved'.

Strange,the AC Milan fans disapprove of Man City's unoriginal red and black kit,because its copying AC Milan's famous colours,and lets face it,Man City do not have the history or storied traditions of AC Milan,poppies are banned,but this copying was not??

Is there any specific reason as to why they are not allowing it? What if the England players all got temporary tattoos of Poppies on their forearms,surely there's nothing FIFA can do about that?

Italy wear blue,their flag is red,white and green,and its accepted,no problems,but England's rugby union team had a black away kit for 1 World Cup game and the Kiwi's threw their toys out the cot.

FIFA wanted to throw Cameroon out the 2002 FWC for wearing Sleaveless shirts during the 2002 African Cup.How the heck is a sleaveless shirt dangerous???

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Sepp Blater = The sporting worlds version of Hitler.

Think i'm taking that a little overboard? Well then after you've gone to Brazil to check the lives around where they're building the new stadiums (well whats left of them) i'll happily forgive you for being wrong.

He is a C word that sounds like Blunt.

Unsurprisingly he's Swiss, a country which remained neutral during the world and thus profited from both sides!! Irony!!

Juvenile Junkie
11-05-2011, 10:51 AM
boycott the game

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 10:58 AM

But,If you and I worked for FIFA,and the english media slated us left right and centre becuase of their failed World Cup bid,we wouldn't allow the poppies either.Lord Triesman bashed FIFA the day before the Rooney/red card verdict,which was 3 games,which is harsh,but if Mr.Triesman hadn't opened his mouth,it could have been a 1 or 2 game ban.Your media is hurting your national team,if Rooney came from Spain or Portugal,who accepted their 2018 bid defeats graciuosly,things could have been different.

I think the fact that UEFA and FIFA would ban rooney for 3 games at 1 of their tournaments in an era where guys like Kevin Prince Boateng retires from the International game at 24,just about sums up how FIFA and UEFA have a bone to pick with ENgland.

If England do wear the poppies,what is the worst thing that can happen?They won't ban England ala Heysal,it would never be valid in court.

We had shirt rubbish with the rugby World cuo.We had to pick between the national sports logo and the Springboks logo to be on the shirt,because the IRB wouldn't allow two badges.The Springbok ended up on the shoulder,and people even boycotted buying the shirt.Granted nobody died like in the war,I don't see why shirts of a National teams needs to be' approved'.

Strange,the AC Milan fans disapprove of Man City's unoriginal red and black kit,because its copying AC Milan's famous colours,and lets face it,Man City do not have the history or storied traditions of AC Milan,poppies are banned,but this copying was not??

Is there any specific reason as to why they are not allowing it? What if the England players all got temporary tattoos of Poppies on their forearms,surely there's nothing FIFA can do about that?

Italy wear blue,their flag is red,white and green,and its accepted,no problems,but England's rugby union team had a black away kit for 1 World Cup game and the Kiwi's threw their toys out the cot.

FIFA wanted to throw Cameroon out the 2002 FWC for wearing Sleaveless shirts during the 2002 African Cup.How the heck is a sleaveless shirt dangerous???

Not to allow them to wear poppies, just because of some disagreements between our media and FIFA is frankly ridiculous!! The poppies represent everybody who died be they English, American, Russian, French, Polish, Australian or any country that fought against fascism!!

You can't compare this to any wrong doings you perceive regarding badges or club colours! Millions of people didn't sacrifice their lives for team colours!!

They say they can't allow it because they can't allow alterations to the strip, the poppies would be printed on, as they do with Premiership strips!!

Temporary tattoos would hardly have the same visible impact!

Automatic
11-05-2011, 11:00 AM
It's a Plural word for Poppy! A flower we wear in this country to remember all those who laid down their lives during the Second World War!

Well that's a dick move by FIFA.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Well that's a dick move by FIFA.

Exactly, that's why it's such a disgraceful decision!

VanHooliganX
11-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Unsurprisingly he's Swiss, a country which remained neutral during the world and thus profited from both sides!! Irony!!

That other dickhead ref who disallowed our euro 04 goal against portugal was swiss too.
I'm starting to hate the Swiss as much as the Bruins...

Incorrect. Our away kit has nearly always been red or black, and in the 70's we combined them.
The only time its never been red and black as an away is when we were in the 3rd tier and we had yellow and black.
Shame, I liked our bumblebee away kit. Considering our greatest game was played in it.

Also I think we have always had 3 black stripes down that kit or some shit like that, AC Milan have more I believe. Could be wrong

Juvenile Junkie
11-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Not to allow them to wear poppies, just because of some disagreements between our media and FIFA is frankly ridiculous!! The poppies represent everybody who died be they English, American, Russian, French, Polish, Australian or any country that fought against fascism!!

You can't compare this to any wrong doings you perceive regarding badges or club colours! Millions of people didn't sacrifice their lives for team colours!!

They say they can't allow it because they can't allow alterations to the strip, the poppies would be printed on, as they do with Premiership strips!!

I only used those as other forms of double standards regarding kits.

Ya its stupid.FIFA are dick.Last year,during the World Cup,they banned places within a certain distance of any World Cup Stadiums from selling Amstel and Heinken,because it 'wasn't part of the sponsors',thats the sort of people they are.

FIFA are bad,but still for me the worst run board in the ICC,who bend over for the BCCI,what a lack of balls.

Juvenile Junkie
11-05-2011, 11:09 AM

Ya its stupid.FIFA are dick.Last year,during the World Cup,they banned places within a certain distance of any World Cup Stadiums from selling Amstel and Heinken,because it 'wasn't part of the sponsors',thats the sort of people they are.

FIFA are bad,but still for me the worst run board in the ICC,who bend over for the BCCI,what a lack of balls.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 11:15 AM

Yup, that makes sense as FIFA are all about the money! When it gets to the point when the allocation of World Cup tickets, has a larger proportion going to Corporate rather than fans, then there's a problem!

I agree with you there! Unfortunately there are quite a few sporting governing bodies out there, that are more corrupt than FIFA!

Tomsta666
11-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Why did the FA even ask FIFA if they could wear them anyway? They should of just gone and done it. I would of loved to see the fallout from that if FIFA kicked up a stink!

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Why did the FA even ask FIFA if they could wear them anyway? They should of just gone and done it. I would of loved to see the fallout from that if FIFA kicked up a stink!

I suppose they had to, as it's altering the shirt!! You would have thought there would be no issue but FIFA show, once again, how idiotic they are! They would have probably dealt with it like they do everything, punish the F.A. and not care what the fans think!!

Automatic
11-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Oi, they can wear poppies now, can they. The FIFA allowed them, after a letter from Cameron and William.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Oi, they can wear poppies now, can they. The FIFA allowed them, after a letter from Cameron and William.

They've had to compromise and will be allowed to wear them on armbands, rather than the shirt! It's still ridiculous though, that it had to go as far as our PM and Prince William getting involved!

Juvenile Junkie
11-10-2011, 05:58 AM
well regarding the match,Spain picked Torres in their squad and left out Soldado!!The notion that Del Bosque only picks Valencia players when they leave the club continues...

Juvenile Junkie
11-10-2011, 06:00 AM
They've had to compromise

Spain have also compromised............they will be playing Fernando Torres

VanHooliganX
11-10-2011, 08:29 AM

Oh thank god. I was a little scared to face them before I knew that.
Guess we should focus on just Sweden then :)

Tomsta666
11-10-2011, 08:48 AM
So England will wear poppy armbands now? Poppies are red... They'll wear red armbands? Wearing red armbands as a mark of respect to those who died in the wars? Is anyone else making this connection?

Tommy Thunder
11-10-2011, 08:57 AM
So England will wear poppy armbands now? Poppies are red... They'll wear red armbands? Wearing red armbands as a mark of respect to those who died in the wars? Is anyone else making this connection?

I'm guessing they'll be black armbands with a poppy embodied on it.

Grind_Bastard
11-10-2011, 09:01 AM
well regarding the match,Spain picked Torres in their squad and left out Soldado!!The notion that Del Bosque only picks Valencia players when they leave the club continues...

Bolded means EPIC FAIL! Guess Del Bosque has a sort of man crush on Torres. My only hope is that he doesn't play a single minute... which I doubt.

Tommy Thunder
11-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Bolded means EPIC FAIL! Guess Del Bosque has a sort of man crush on Torres. My only hope is that he doesn't play a single minute... which I doubt.

It really doesn't matter. Spain are going to destroy England anyway, regardless of if Torres plays or not!

TheBeardOfZeus
11-10-2011, 09:47 AM
This is an annoying issue, but I'll clarify a bit of it.

FIFA ruling is that no team can edit their kit with a political, religious, company or charity symbol, no matter the cause. The reason is that it will encourage the others to happen, such as a "if they can, why can't we?" attitude.

It's wrong, but the poppies on the armbands is good enough. The poppies also resemble ANY person that has represented the country at war, not just WW1 or WW2.

And Spain will destroy us, for starters Rooney isn't playing, Young is injured, there are two out-of-form centre backs up to start. It's gonna be a battering.

Tomsta666
11-10-2011, 10:12 AM
They aren't invicible, I predict a solid England performance.

VanHooliganX
11-10-2011, 10:18 AM

Switzerland beat them :) Hopefully a decent performance will happen at least

Juvenile Junkie
11-11-2011, 02:11 AM
Well Italy beat them 2-1,which happened before Serie A had kicked off.Plus Italy took off Cassano and Rossi for lesser talents like Balotelli and Pazzini.even Aquilani who is an accident waiting to happen got a game and score the winner................and got injured a week later.And since Italian football is no good,rubbish,in decline,corrupt,old,slow,a retirement home,boring,defensive,without any big name players,anything less than a 6-1 win for England would be a failure.

Juvenile Junkie
11-11-2011, 02:20 AM
And Spain will destroy us, for starters Rooney isn't playing, Young is injured, there are two out-of-form centre backs up to start. It's gonna be a battering.

Where's the English optimism?? You guys come from the same country that hypes its sports teams up at the start of each international tournament as favourites,where is the positivity? Australia once thrashed you 5-0 in the Ashes and you turned that around.C'mon you would have never won the Ashes if the 4 Englishmen and 10 South Africans in your cricket team,plus an Irishmen and a Zimbabwean coach,had that sought of negativity!

Yesterday South Africa got bowled out for 96...............by Australia! We bounced back and bowled them out for 47!they were 21/9 at one stage!ande we are 1 of the most negative sporting countries in the world

Juvenile Junkie
11-11-2011, 02:28 AM

Thats what they said before the 2006/07 Ashes! No just kidding,but your cricket team's turn around in the test arena,particularly to win 3 Ashes out of 4,plus to win 1 away from home so easily,is a referance point that no team is invincible,and 'golden generations' don't last forever and that any team can be beaten.

But it might be better if you don't win.if you win,the media will hype up England before Euro2012,if you lose and maybe by a few goals,there will be no expectation=no pressure,and then you can sneak in throught he back door whilst everyone else focuses on Spain,Germany,Italy and Holland.

But I hope all you England folk support Ireland today!! C'mon Ireland!

Juvenile Junkie
11-11-2011, 02:30 AM
It really doesn't matter. Spain are going to destroy England anyway, regardless of if Torres plays or not!

Next year,those destroyed players along with Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey will be teammates at the Olympics!

Tommy Thunder
11-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Next year,those destroyed players along with Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey will be teammates at the Olympics!

It was to my understanding that the SFA and FAW had said that no Scottish or Welsh players were to be involved in the Olympic team next year. I thought it was going to be an all English team representing GB at the Olympics?

TheBeardOfZeus
11-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Where's the English optimism?? You guys come from the same country that hypes its sports teams up at the start of each international tournament as favourites,where is the positivity? Australia once thrashed you 5-0 in the Ashes and you turned that around.C'mon you would have never won the Ashes if the 4 Englishmen and 10 South Africans in your cricket team,plus an Irishmen and a Zimbabwean coach,had that sought of negativity!

Yesterday South Africa got bowled out for 96...............by Australia! We bounced back and bowled them out for 47!they were 21/9 at one stage!ande we are 1 of the most negative sporting countries in the world

Yes, our cricket team is mainly South Africans, but then again it is their choice to play for us, and we are the best in the world, woop.

And we don't hype it up, we just support our team. We could do better, but at least we reach tournaments without hosting it. Buuuurn.

It was to my understanding that the SFA and FAW had said that no Scottish or Welsh players were to be involved in the Olympic team next year. I thought it was going to be an all English team representing GB at the Olympics?

Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey were photographed in the GB shirt this past week. Basically it'll be frowned upon by SFA and FAW, but they won't stop it.

Tommy Thunder
11-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey were photographed in the GB shirt this past week. Basically it'll be frowned upon by SFA and FAW, but they won't stop it.

I've seen Bale modeling the shirt.
I really don't care. I know Bale would walk into the England team anyway, so it makes sense to have him play. But Ramsey is the only other Welsh player that even stands a chance of being in there.
And I'm not sure if anyone from the Scottish team would make it.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I've seen Bale modeling the shirt.
I really don't care. I know Bale would walk into the England team anyway, so it makes sense to have him play. But Ramsey is the only other Welsh player that even stands a chance of being in there.
And I'm not sure if anyone from the Scottish team would make it.

I'd hate any United player to be involved, it's 2 weeks before the start of the season.

Tommy Thunder
11-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I'd hate any United player to be involved, it's 2 weeks before the start of the season.

That's a good point, I never thought about that.
I think the rules for the Olympic teams is that your squad has to consist of players aged 23 or younger, with a maximum of 2 (I think) over-age players. In which case, United should be ok. Smalling and Jones are the only 2 (off the top of my head) that would be eligible for the England team.

Juvenile Junkie
11-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Yes, our cricket team is mainly South Africans, but then again it is their choice to play for us, and we are the best in the world, woop.

By far the best Test team,and T20 World champs.Deservingly too,your the 1 country who doesn't pimp out its players to the IPL.But the point is in 2007 you weren't but you turned it around,you produced better players and the previous number 1 became beatable.

Tomsta666
11-11-2011, 01:43 PM
By far the best Test team,and T20 World champs.Deservingly too,your the 1 country who doesn't pimp out its players to the IPL.But the point is in 2007 you weren't but you turned it around,you produced better players and the previous number 1 became beatable.

Dude, no one gives a shit about cricket!

Juvenile Junkie
11-11-2011, 01:44 PM
We could do better, but at least we reach tournaments without hosting it. Buuuurn.

that is a joke in this country too,we only qualify for tournaments when we host.

Juvenile Junkie
11-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Dude, no one gives a shit about cricket!

I used it as an example of the number 1 team thumping England,with England turning it around years later,dumb ass!!

Juvenile Junkie
11-11-2011, 01:46 PM

won't the start of the EPL be later in the year to accomodate the olympics?

here's a thought,let the olympic winner qualify for the Confederations Cup

Juvenile Junkie
11-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Where's the English optimism?? You guys come from the same country that hypes its sports teams up at the start of each international tournament as favourites,where is the positivity? Australia once thrashed you 5-0 in the Ashes and you turned that around.

see,told you so! You won,you weren't thumped or destroyed.Right,now much like the 2005 Ashes team,we need OBE's,an open top bus,a pedallo,the players to be immortalised on postage stamps,release autobiographies,appear on TV shows,date hot singers from girl bands etc.

Juvenile Junkie
11-12-2011, 02:20 PM

I love it when my predictions come true.He was sh1t! he was awful,I think Victor Valdez(yes) must have covered more distance than him!

Juvenile Junkie
11-12-2011, 02:21 PM

I'm glad you said it instead of me......

Juvenile Junkie
11-12-2011, 02:23 PM

So,any post-match thoughts?

Juvenile Junkie
11-12-2011, 02:28 PM
The Xavi and Iniesta substitutions backfired big time.

It was a great match,but in 1 moment,1 Chelsea player stuck a dagger through my heart.....................Torres played.

Grind_Bastard
11-13-2011, 11:24 AM
No idea man, I was rehearsing during the match, but as my bro put it: "In the past Spain won friendlies and lost World Cups, now we lose friendlies and win World Cups" I sincerely prefer it this way.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-13-2011, 03:22 PM
8 consecutive posts without reply! Is that a record?! :D

Tommy Thunder
11-13-2011, 03:34 PM

Seriously, wtf is wrong with the guy? He's got to be the biggest postwhore in the history of the universe!

JJ, are you taking the piss, or are you actually blissfully unaware or incapable of multi-quoting?

VanHooliganX
11-13-2011, 03:36 PM

I believe tnawhat has 3 whole pages to himself in the WWE association thread. I mean seriously WTF!

Irken has 3 pages to himself on the chocolate thunder/30k thread. (He also has 1 in his thread he had where he'd post funny pics up)
(both combos broken by me as well)

I believe you have a full page(s) on the football stories thread too

Sully may have a big combo (not 3 pages though) to himself in the NFL discussion thread.

and I believe Necro has had a large combo too. I either the Chocolate/30k thread or the funny gifs thread.

But hey who'se gunna remember the doubleplus posting. Its not like anyone remembers it...*twitch*

Wade Barrett 1979
11-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Seriously, wtf is wrong with the guy? He's got to be the biggest postwhore in the history of the universe!

JJ, are you taking the piss, or are you actually blissfully unaware or incapable of multi-quoting?

I'm hoping blissfully unaware! If not, I'm surprised the guy can ever cross the road without being run over! :D

Wade Barrett 1979
11-13-2011, 03:40 PM
:cool:
I believe tnawhat has 3 whole pages to himself in the WWE association thread. I mean seriously WTF!

Irken has 3 pages to himself on the chocolate thunder/30k thread. (He also has 1 in his thread he had where he'd post funny pics up)
(both combos broken by me as well)

I believe you have a full page(s) on the football stories thread too

Sully may have a big combo (not 3 pages though) to himself in the NFL discussion thread.

and I believe Necro has had a large combo too. I either the Chocolate/30k thread or the funny gifs thread.

But hey who'se gunna remember the doubleplus posting. Its not like anyone remembers it...*twitch*

We're all allowed to though! As we're Awesome! :p

VanHooliganX
11-13-2011, 03:44 PM
:cool:

We're all allowed to though! As we're Awesome! :p

Aye we are.

VanHooliganX
11-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm just used to forums that will warn you if you do that sort of stuff is all lol

VanHooliganX
11-13-2011, 03:46 PM
I can sorta see the appeal to this actually....yeah...I feel the power!!!!

VanHooliganX
11-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Fuck yeeeaaaah!!!

This'll show Thatcher! God i've joined the rebels!!!

VanHooliganX
11-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Although i'm a tad off-topic.

So i'll just say FIFA still disgrace and always will until Sepp resigns.

VanHooliganX
11-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Dance Booker T dance!!!

(Okay i'll stop haha)

Wade Barrett 1979
11-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Right that's it! Yellow card for VanHooliganX! :p

VanHooliganX
11-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Right that's it! Yellow card for VanHooliganX! :p

haha I accept this. :)
(But soon I shall strike for that EWN Sports Section Championship belt you have lol)

Wade Barrett 1979
11-13-2011, 06:07 PM
haha I accept this. :)
(But soon I shall strike for that EWN Sports Section Championship belt you have lol)

You'd better bring your A game! I'm full tilt, all the time!! :D

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 09:39 AM

we don't have multi-quoting in South Africa.It was stolen.....

like Pietersen,Trott,Lamb,Strauss,Prior,Lumb,Kieswetter ,Meaker,Dernbach,Catt,Abbott,Stevens,Fourie,Bailey et al.Terrible.

Tommy Thunder
11-15-2011, 09:51 AM

like Pietersen,Trott,Lamb,Strauss,Prior,Lumb,Kieswetter ,Meaker,Dernbach,Catt,Abbott,Stevens,Fourie,Bailey et al.Terrible.

Yeah, well in future, please use it. Because right now, you're coming across as the biggest postwhore I've ever seen on this site to date!

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Yeah, well in future, please use it. Because right now, you're coming across as the biggest postwhore I've ever seen on this site to date!

ok sorry.So have you gotten your Team GB shirt yet??

Tommy Thunder
11-15-2011, 10:03 AM
ok sorry.So have you gotten your Team GB shirt yet??

No, and I don't intend to lol! It's a nice shirt I have to admit, but I don't have the money to buy it lol!
But since it's going to be an all english team representing GB, I don't think I'd want one anyway.

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 11:30 AM
No, and I don't intend to lol! It's a nice shirt I have to admit, but I don't have the money to buy it lol!
But since it's going to be an all english team representing GB, I don't think I'd want one anyway.

Now now young Thomas,there have been many Great Britain related teams dominated by English representation,teams filled with history and tradition,teams that have a legacy,a heritage.....

British and Irish Lions(Rugby of Union)
Great Britain(Rugby of League)

Plus,5 other teams filled with mostly English representation:

Flops of Euro 2008 Qualifying XI(the football type)
Flops of the FIFA World Cup XI (multiple editions)
Flops of the European Championships XI (multiple editions)
Flops of the Rugby World Cup 2011(this team was 'a Royal Flush' and in the end where 'put out to sea')
Unfaithful to their spouse or girlfriend XI

Plus David Beckham will be playing,it will be the first time ever where Welsh people get to support an International football team where 1 of the players are famous!!

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 11:46 AM
But on a serious note,I seem to recall England playing cricket Test matches @ Cardiff,and the crowd where supporting England,how is that acceptable,along with non-English cricketers like Robert Croft,Dougie Brown,Gavin Hamilton,Ed Joyce,Eoin Morgan playing for the 3 Lions??

hmm,3 Lions,ironic,because only 3 players are English,1 is Irish,the rest are South African(sorry,I couldn't resist)

Tommy Thunder
11-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Now now young Thomas,there have been many Great Britain related teams dominated by English representation,teams filled with history and tradition,teams that have a legacy,a heritage.....

British and Irish Lions(Rugby of Union)
Great Britain(Rugby of League)

I don't follow Rugby League very close, but I'm not aware of any Welsh players that currently represent GB in the rugby league team.

Plus,5 other teams filled with mostly English representation:

Flops of Euro 2008 Qualifying XI(the football type)
Flops of the FIFA World Cup XI (multiple editions)
Flops of the European Championships XI (multiple editions)
Flops of the Rugby World Cup 2011(this team was 'a Royal Flush' and in the end where 'put out to sea')
Unfaithful to their spouse or girlfriend XI

Plus David Beckham will be playing,it will be the first time ever where Welsh people get to support an International football team where 1 of the players are famous!!

What do you mean "mostly English representation"? Those teams are England, not GB!!

So Ryan Giggs isn't famous? Gareth Bale isn't famous? Craig Bellamy, Ian rush, Mark Hughes, John Hartson, John Toshack, John Charles, Neville Southall, Gary Speed, Emlyn Hughes all not famous? Give me a break!

Tomsta666
11-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Just what is your beef juvenile Junkie?

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 12:05 PM
So Ryan Giggs isn't famous? Gareth Bale isn't famous? Craig Bellamy, Ian rush, Mark Hughes, John Hartson, John Toshack, John Charles, Neville Southall, Gary Speed, Emlyn Hughes all not famous? Give me a break!

You Forgot Aaron Ramsey.Relax,it was just a joke.BTW the guy from the Batman movies is Christian Bale,not Gareth......

Tommy Thunder
11-15-2011, 12:07 PM
You Forgot Aaron Ramsey.Relax,it was just a joke.BTW the guy from the Batman movies is Christian Bale,not Gareth......

Screw you buddy :p
You didn't know what you were talking about, so I'll forgive you.

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Just what is your beef juvenile Junkie?

I'm just winding the Welshman up about Team GB.

All jokes aside I don't see why they are against it.I might be wrong,but I assume the majority of most British Lions teams where all English.
The old Great Britain team from rugby League was mostly English

England play test matches @ Cardiff,as England,not England/Wales XI,they support England!

Robert Croft,Dougie Brown,Gavin Hamilton,Ed Joyce,Eoin Morgan are n0t English,yet them being good enough to be selected for England didn't have such criticism.

On a side note,Ed Joyce is the only man to have played a wORLD cUP FIxture for both teams.England vs Ireland.in 2007 he played for England,and won,in 2011 he played for Ireland,and won.

Tommy Thunder
11-15-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm just winding the Welshman up about Team GB.

All jokes aside I don't see why they are against it.I might be wrong,but I assume the majority of most British Lions teams where all English.
The old Great Britain team from rugby League was mostly English

England play test matches @ Cardiff,as England,not England/Wales XI,they support England!

Robert Croft,Dougie Brown,Gavin Hamilton,Ed Joyce,Eoin Morgan are n0t English,yet them being good enough to be selected for England didn't have such criticism.

On a side note,Ed Joyce is the only man to have played a wORLD cUP FIxture for both teams.England vs Ireland.in 2007 he played for England,and won,in 2011 he played for Ireland,and won.

I don't get it. I don't have a problem with team GB. I'm all for it if there would have been equal representation from each country. But since it's now going to be an all English team representing, I don't see that fair.

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Screw you buddy :p
You didn't know what you were talking about, so I'll forgive you.

I was just teasing you.There are a few teams in Europe like Wales,Scotland,Ireland,Northern Ireland who only fail to qualify for tournaments because UEFA has the best quantity of national teams,put them in another continent's World Cup Qualifying,they would have appeared a lot more.(Asia,Oceania,North America,maybe Africa too).

Heck,Copa America doesn't even have Qualifying,the final of the Gold Cup is as predictable as a Munich derby.

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 12:21 PM
I don't get it. I don't have a problem with team GB. I'm all for it if there would have been equal representation from each country. But since it's now going to be an all English team representing, I don't see that fair.

but many British related teams HAVE been majority English.Not saying you have a problem with it,but many non-England folk do.

Tommy Thunder
11-15-2011, 12:26 PM
I was just teasing you.There are a few teams in Europe like Wales,Scotland,Ireland,Northern Ireland who only fail to qualify for tournaments because UEFA has the best quantity of national teams,put them in another continent's World Cup Qualifying,they would have appeared a lot more.(Asia,Oceania,North America,maybe Africa too).

Heck,Copa America doesn't even have Qualifying,the final of the Gold Cup is as predictable as a Munich derby.

I know, hence the ':p'

but many British related teams HAVE been majority English.Not saying you have a problem with it,but many non-England folk do.

See what I did there? I multi-quoted. LEARN.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-15-2011, 02:00 PM

I think it is if the associations just bitch about it.

I'd love to see Bale, Ramsey, Fletcher, Adam, and some of the younger players in the squad, but the other nations worry that it will "hurt their respective national sides" because they fear it'll become permanent, and no FA wants that, the others are just incredibly idiotic.

Grind_Bastard
11-15-2011, 07:36 PM
As this originally was slightly related to Spain, I have to say that we avoided the biggest of the ridicules tonight. It's just a big fucking ridicule, but not the biggest.

Not comforting anyway.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-15-2011, 08:00 PM

Not stolen, they all wanted to play for England, and now we are the number 1 test side. Sense a bit of jealousy do I?

Juvenile Junkie
11-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Not stolen, they all wanted to play for England, and now we are the number 1 test side. Sense a bit of jealousy do I?

Your ranked number one because you have played nearly double the amount of tests we have played over the past 3 years........FACT

TheBeardOfZeus
11-16-2011, 05:10 AM
Your ranked number one because you have played nearly double the amount of tests we have played over the past 3 years........FACT

And ranked number 1 because we beat you, Australia and India, the three other best test sides. I think that's fair, no?

VanHooliganX
11-16-2011, 07:48 AM
And ranked number 1 because we beat you, Australia and India, the three other best test sides. I think that's fair, no?

I believe that is FACT :)

Tomsta666
11-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Yeah but seriously JJ, no one gives a shit about cricket!

Juvenile Junkie
11-17-2011, 06:23 AM

The last Test Series Between England and South Africa was 1-1.Of which England were 9 down,waisting time and hanging on for a draw in 2 games and the Series before that we beat you on your own turf!

Ooops!IgnorAnt as usual.

Juvenile Junkie
11-17-2011, 06:24 AM
I believe that is FACT :)

Now you have proven you are just stupid! Check the last 2 series scores idiot!

Juvenile Junkie
11-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Yeah but seriously JJ, no one gives a shit about cricket!

So you and cricket have 1 thing in common!

TheBeardOfZeus
11-17-2011, 06:29 AM
The last Test Series Between England and South Africa was 1-1.Of which England were 9 down,waisting time and hanging on for a draw in 2 games and the Series before that we beat you on your own turf!

Ooops!IgnorAnt as usual.

Still jealous of number 1? You see, jealousy is a horrible thing number 2.

Tomsta666
11-17-2011, 07:59 AM
So you and cricket have 1 thing in common!

MEOW!! :cool: So do you! Your rants are overly long and boring!

What is it with you and all these anti Britain/England sentiments?
I'm guessing its just an inferioty complex, and you're really missing colonial rule?

:D

TheBeardOfZeus
11-17-2011, 08:03 AM
MEOW!! :cool: So do you! Your rants are overly long and boring!

What is it with you and all these anti Britain/England sentiments?
I'm guessing its just an inferioty complex, and you're really missing colonial rule?

:D

Buuurn. I was thinking he wished he followed suit of all those South Africans in our Cricket team and was English himself.

Juvenile Junkie
11-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Still jealous of number 1? You see, jealousy is a horrible thing number 2.

England have played 9 tests in 2011
South Africa are busy with only their 3rd.

VanHooliganX
11-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Now you have proven you are just stupid! Check the last 2 series scores idiot!

Now you've proven you're really stupid. Check this years scorelines idiot!

Juvenile Junkie
11-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Now you've proven you're really stupid. Check this years scorelines idiot!

It would help if all the teams played each other in Test Series with the same amount of games for the rankings to have clarity........

But I will admit that England are the best Test team,if you played South Africa,your tail's ability to score runs,plus Graeme Swann would prove to be the difference IMO.Your batting line-up is stronger than ours,but our seam bowling line up is better than yours,Plus,we have Jacques Kallis with 12003 test runs and 270 Test Wickets,he's not a bad player to have in a test line-up.

2 years ago,I was at a game where Andrew Strauss sent Johnathan Trott to go field on the boundary,shame,poor bloke,he copped so much stick but at least he was a good sport about it,signed Autographs for the kids,waved at the crowd etc.

VanHooliganX
11-18-2011, 08:55 AM
It would help if all the teams played each other in Test Series with the same amount of games for the rankings to have clarity........

But I will admit that England are the best Test team,if you played South Africa,your tail's ability to score runs,plus Graeme Swann would prove to be the difference IMO.Your batting line-up is stronger than ours,but our seam bowling line up is better than yours,Plus,we have Jacques Kallis with 12003 test runs and 270 Test Wickets,he's not a bad player to have in a test line-up.

2 years ago,I was at a game where Andrew Strauss sent Johnathan Trott to go field on the boundary,shame,poor bloke,he copped so much stick but at least he was a good sport about it,signed Autographs for the kids,waved at the crowd etc.

Yes, yes it would. Unfortunately its like the BFG series where people don't have the same amount of matches sadly. Maybe 1 day they will but until then its the system they use.

Juvenile Junkie
11-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Yes, yes it would. Unfortunately its like the BFG series where people don't have the same amount of matches sadly. Maybe 1 day they will but until then its the system they use.

I do recall ten years ago,people felt it was unfair that England had to play Steve Waugh's Australia 5 times in a series,whereas other countries it was a two or three match series.

We are playing Australia in a 2 match series,people are complaining that is too short.

At least SA vs England next year is a best of 5 again,it was reduced to four for the last two series,and on both occasions,a fifth match would have been interesting.And you just know that a South African born player playing for England will win Player OF The Series.I'm sure Brian Lara's 400* will be beaten by 1 of those guys.