PDA

View Full Version : 2011 FIFA El Classic'or

Juvenile Junkie
11-04-2011, 05:12 AM
FIFA's amusing Ballon D'or list has sparked some debate.13 players from Real and Barcelona,only 2 players from Serie A,4 from EPL.Even the coach of the year award nominees list is a joke.

Who do you think was overlooked?
We know who first and second will be,duh,but who do you think will be third?
Coach of the year winner?

Juvenile Junkie
11-04-2011, 05:22 AM
Not in the 23 man list that should have been:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic(won Serie A single handedly)
Javier Hernandez(how many players from CONCACAF do that well in their first season in Europe.at such a big club?)
Falcao scored goals left right and centre
I don't see how you can have Suarez and Forlan on the list without Cavani(who outscored both of them)
No Manuel Neuer
No Giuseppe Rossi
No Van der Vaart

Abidal was for emotional resosns

How can Arsene Wenger be on the coach of the year list? he won nothing,he lost a match 8-2! The guys who performed miracles in getting Udinese and Napoli in the UCL got no mention,neither did Massimilaino Allegri who won Serie A with a rejuvenated AC
Milan.

Juup Heynkes got overlooked too for coach of the year.And so did the Dutch National team coach,despite being ranked the number 1 team at one stage this year.

Juvenile Junkie
11-04-2011, 05:22 AM
Here is the crap list:

Shortlists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala 2011

The following 23 men (in alphabetical order) are in contention for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2011:

Éric Abidal (France), Sergio Agüero (Argentina), Karim Benzema (France), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Dani Alves (Brazil), Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon), Cesc FÃ*bregas (Spain), Diego Forlán (Uruguay), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Müller (Germany), Nani (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Özil (Germany), Gerard Piqué (Spain), Wayne Rooney (England), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands), Luis Suárez (Uruguay), David Villa (Spain), Xabi Alonso (Spain), Xavi (Spain).

The following ten coaches (in alphabetical order, first nationality and then team) are in contention for the FIFA World Coach of the Year for Men’s Football 2011:

Vicente Del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United FC), Rudi Garcia (France/Lille OSC), Pep Guardiola (Spain/FC Barcelona), Jürgen Klopp (Germany/Borussia Dortmund), Joachim Löw (Germany/Germany national team), José Mourinho (Portugal/Real Madrid C.F.), Óscar Tabárez (Uruguay/Uruguay national team), André Villas-Boas (Portugal/FC Porto, Chelsea FC), Arsène Wenger (France/Arsenal FC).

Juvenile Junkie
11-04-2011, 05:29 AM
What did Sameul Etoo and Cesc Fabregas do exactly? It seems the attention from their transfers got them nominated.

Sergio Aguero was so bad at Atletico Madrid,he fell out with the coach,captain and Diego forlan and left on bad terms,Giuseppe Rossi had a batter 2011 than him,especially at international level,there is no comparison.

Benzema?? really?

The top goal scorers for 2010-11 from Serie A.EPL,Bundesliga,Ligue 1 all got overlooked,but Benzema makes the list?????? falcao broke the Europa league all time goal scoring record,but Benzema makes the list???

Pedro gets overlooked for Bastain Schweinsteiger,ya great list.

CGBigMan
11-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Éric Abidal (France), I agree purely for emotional reasons
Sergio Agüero (Argentina), Did leave on bad terms but is playing well at city this season
Karim Benzema (France), Is on very good scoring form maybe not as good as some but definatly in contention
Iker Casillas (Spain), Class keeper bu Neuer is better
Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), 2nd best player in the world
Dani Alves (Brazil), Very good wing back and deserves to be on the list
Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon), Not sure how well hes doing at anzhi but he was out of form at inter
Cesc FÃ*bregas (Spain), Playing good but not great
Diego Forlán (Uruguay), Scored alot in spain not sure bout italy
Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Good but not great
Lionel Messi (Argentina), best player in the world
Thomas Müller (Germany), Not playing well enough for me tbh
Nani (Portugal), Same as Muller
Neymar (Brazil), Playing very well for his age
Mesut Özil (Germany), Not consistent enough for me
Gerard Piqué (Spain), Solid centre back
Wayne Rooney (England), Plyed well this and last season
Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), VEry good in midfeild but not playing great
Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands), Best mid in italy at the mo
Luis Suárez (Uruguay), Playing very well at the pool
David Villa (Spain), On scoring form
Xabi Alonso (Spain), not good enough at all for me
Xavi (Spain). Playing solidly but good enough for me

Steve Austin
11-04-2011, 07:10 AM
There are alot of players that don't deserve to be there and managers. What did Wenger do?!?

3rd place maybe Suarez, hopefully at the least.

Hernandez and Falcao should be on there and VDV (I love Falcao) and Cavani. You're right about Ibrahimovic, he should be on there (I still think he is overrated)

Too many Barca players, they all didn't play well enough to be considered for the Ballon D'or.

Not the best nominee list I've seem but here's to hoping someone other than Ronaldo or Messi, Barca or Madrid wins it even though I can't take away the fact they probably deserve it.

CGBigMan
11-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Van der Vaart should have got in
even playrs like seydou doumbia of CSKA 23 goals so far

Tommy Thunder
11-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Haha!! I love how this thread is mostly JJ talking to himself lol!

Éric Abidal (France) - Doesn't deserve to be there. As others have said, he's there purely on an emotional basis, and that's not a valid reason to be put on this list.

Sergio Agüero (Argentina) - The face that he left Madrid on bad terms counts for nothing. Has he played well? Yes. A fantastic goalscoring ecord at Madrid, and so far, 9 goals in 9 for City.

Karim Benzema (France) - 26 goals last season, not a bad tally for a striker who's considered 'out of favor'.

Iker Casillas (Spain) - One of the best keepers in the world. And he is better than the overrated Neuer.

Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) - Don't think this one needs much explaining. 53 goals in 54 apps. last season, 14 in 16 so far this season. Go figure.

Dani Alves (Brazil) - Best right back in the world IMO.

Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon) - 37 goals in Serie A last season, and he's got 3 goals in 5 so far for his new team. I think he's worthy of being here.

Cesc FÃ*bregas (Spain) - Lackluster season for Arsenal last year, mainly due to injuries, and he's not a regular starter for Barca. Although, when he dooes play, he's been brilliant for them, and he's got 6 goals in 12 apps. so far.

Diego Forlán (Uruguay) - Bad season last year with just 10 goals for Madrid, and he hasn't really set the place alight at Inter either. Key player at international level tough. Probably shouldn't be on the list.

Andrés Iniesta (Spain) - Barca's most influential midfielder bar none.

Lionel Messi (Argentina) - I'm not explaining this.

Thomas Müller (Germany) - Great young player with a LOT of potential, but he's not playing well these days, and he shouldn't be here.

Nani (Portugal) - One of the most improved players in the premiership. Still inconsistent at times, but he's a lot more reliable than he used to be. And he's shown signs of stepping out of Ronaldo's shadow at United.

Neymar (Brazil) - One of the hottest young talents going right now. It's only a matter of time before he moves to a top club in Europe. Has he done enough to warrant being here though? It's debatable I guess.

Mesut Özil (Germany) - Fantastic creative midfielder for Real. He hasn't continued his goalscoring form from Weder Bremen, but he's Real's answer to Iniesta.

Gerard Piqué (Spain) - Has come leaps and bounds since leaving United to return to Barca. Still young, and he's now establishing himself as one of the best centre backs in Europe.

Wayne Rooney (England) - Average season last year with 16 goals, mainly due to injury, and the emergence of Hernandez. Well on his way to topping that this year though.

Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany) - Pivotal player for Byern, and very consistent. He's central to everything good they do.

Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands) - Best midfielder in Serie A, and one of the best in Europe.

Luis Suárez (Uruguay) - Has had an incredible goalscoring record throughout his career, and shows no signs of stopping. He's Liverpool's best player right now (surpassing even Stevie G).

David Villa (Spain) - Don't really need to explain this one.

Xabi Alonso (Spain) - Fantastic midfielder IMO, and he's certainly amongst the best in Europe playing in his position. But it's debatable whether he's worthy on a place on this list.

Xavi (Spain) - He's still a fantastic player, but he is getting on now. Like Alonso, he's still amongst the best playing in his position, but it's up for debate whether he's worthy of a place on this list.

That's my assessment of the list.

CGBigMan
11-04-2011, 09:54 AM
And ronaldo now has 100 goals in 105 for madrid
who else has a better record than that?

Steve Austin
11-04-2011, 09:59 AM
And ronaldo now has 100 goals in 105 for madrid
who else has a better record than that?

I'm pretty sure it said Messi scored 100 goals in 90 something games on Champions Leagues goals.

CGBigMan
11-04-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm pretty sure it said Messi scored 100 goals in 90 something games on Champions Leagues goals.

currently he is 200 in something like 283
so thats vers likely

pauadrian
11-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Not in the 23 man list that should have been:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic(won Serie A single handedly)
Javier Hernandez(how many players from CONCACAF do that well in their first season in Europe.at such a big club?)
Falcao scored goals left right and centre
I don't see how you can have Suarez and Forlan on the list without Cavani(who outscored both of them)
No Manuel Neuer
No Giuseppe Rossi
No Van der Vaart

Abidal was for emotional resosns

How can Arsene Wenger be on the coach of the year list? he won nothing,he lost a match 8-2! The guys who performed miracles in getting Udinese and Napoli in the UCL got no mention,neither did Massimilaino Allegri who won Serie A with a rejuvenated AC
Milan.

Juup Heynkes got overlooked too for coach of the year.And so did the Dutch National team coach,despite being ranked the number 1 team at one stage this year.

i thought nobody would say his name
but yes he deserves to be in there
he is the most succesful mexican in europe not the best but most succesful

if dos santos and vela would be given the chance they would shine

also any of you guys heard about marco fabian

CGBigMan
11-04-2011, 10:05 AM
sorry 202 in 283

Steve Austin
11-04-2011, 10:06 AM
i thought nobody would say his name
but yes he deserves to be in there
he is the most succesful mexican in europe not the best but most succesful

also any of you guys heard about marco fabian

Is he the guy who scored two against Barca in that thing? He looked good. Midfielder yeah?

Steve Austin
11-04-2011, 10:07 AM
currently he is 200 in something like 283
so thats vers likely

I think its his second hundred in 95 games or something, he wasn't as good then as he is know even though 100 goals in 180 games in impressive.

pauadrian
11-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Is he the guy who scored two against Barca in that thing? He looked good. Midfielder yeah?

yes fabian is the guy who scored 2 against barcelona
http://www.sinaloadeportes.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/marco-fabian.jpg

i heard fabian would be joining ex teammate javier hernandez in united last week by mexican media

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-04-2011, 10:20 AM
yes fabian is the guy who scored 2 against barcelona
http://www.sinaloadeportes.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/marco-fabian.jpg

i heard fabian would be joining ex teammate javier hernandez in united last week by mexican media

is he the one that scored 2 like world class goals against barca ?.

Pumpkinhead
11-04-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't agree with many names in the list too, but in the end it doesn't matter, Messi in goin to win again...

Tommy Thunder
11-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't agree with many names in the list too, but in the end it doesn't matter, Messi in goin to win again...

Exactly. Ronaldo is the only one that can realistically compete with him at the moment, so the rest of the list doesn't really matter!

pauadrian
11-04-2011, 10:26 AM
is he the one that scored 2 like world class goals against barca ?.

yes that is the one
i heard he might be joining his ex teammate javier hernandez at manchester united
there are aparrently some englsh scouts in guadalajara

if he goes im gonna be sad for me but happy for him

Wade Barrett 1979
11-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Yup, spots 1 and 2, are pretty much a foregone conclusion! The only real debate is who will be 3rd?!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-04-2011, 10:33 AM
as for the list.. it's a bit dodgy on how some of the players got on there and some didnt,

people like abidal , eto'o , fabregas , and maybe neymar ( olny because he plays in brazil ) shouldnt really be on the list imo.. all of them are good players but i just think people like : javier hernandez , david silva , falcao , victer valdes are player thats derserve too be on there instead imo,

as for wenger really dont know how he made the coach list LOL

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-04-2011, 10:35 AM
yes that is the one
i heard he might be joining his ex teammate javier hernandez at manchester united
there are aparrently some englsh scouts in guadalajara

if he goes im gonna be sad for me but happy for him

really thats preety cool , hernandez was an amazing buy.. even pre'season before he started scoring you could see how good he was and in the world cup, alot of teams have started looking for there hernandez , chelsea bourght one called ulies davila , do you know what he is like ?.

pauadrian
11-04-2011, 10:39 AM
really thats preety cool , hernandez was an amazing buy.. even pre'season before he started scoring you could see how good he was and in the world cup, alot of teams have started looking for there hernandez , chelsea bourght one called ulies davila , do you know what he is like ?.

davila is good he also played for guadalajara but he was a bench player or played some full games he has a good speed and can react pretty good
hernandez is better but i think davila is younger
he is very good though take a look for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OCbOfHep4A

btw guadalajara best team in mexican history 11 championships and the team who sends the most mexicans to europe

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-04-2011, 10:46 AM
davila is good he also played for guadalajara but he was a bench player or played some full games he has a good speed and can react pretty good
hernandez is better but i think davila is younger
he is very good though take a look for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OCbOfHep4A

btw guadalajara best team in mexican history 11 championships and the team who sends the most mexicans to europe

he's got some quality for sure.. two good feet , the olny thing i would be worried about as a chelsea fan he looks a little lightweight, similiar too what i think holds gio dos santos back in the premier league, because in spain gio looked like he was going too become world class,

pauadrian
11-04-2011, 10:49 AM
he's got some quality for sure.. two good feet , the olny thing i would be worried about as a chelsea fan he looks a little lightweight, similiar too what i think holds gio dos santos back in the premier league, because in spain gio looked like he was going too become world class,

yeah vela (ex guadalajara player) also won in the bbva but failed in the epl
but for now fabian is the best mexican player to not go to europe right now
he has good strenght good skill moves and great finishing

Tommy Thunder
11-04-2011, 10:58 AM
as for the list.. it's a bit dodgy on how some of the players got on there and some didnt,

people like abidal , eto'o , fabregas , and maybe neymar ( olny because he plays in brazil ) shouldnt really be on the list imo.. all of them are good players but i just think people like : javier hernandez , david silva , falcao , victer valdes are player thats derserve too be on there instead imo,

as for wenger really dont know how he made the coach list LOL

Samuel Eto'o most definitely should be there. He scored 37 goals for Inter last season, and he's started well for his new club.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Samuel Eto'o most definitely should be there. He scored 37 goals for Inter last season, and he's started well for his new club.

yeh i regretted that one after i posted it.. i was just looking at falcao and hernandez and thinking how can they not be on there,

Juvenile Junkie
11-04-2011, 01:35 PM

100% true.Dos Santos should go to Villarreal next season as a replacement for Giuseppe Rossi,who in all likelyhood will join Juventus.

Juvenile Junkie
11-04-2011, 01:36 PM
yeh i regretted that one after i posted it.. i was just looking at falcao and hernandez and thinking how can they not be on there,

What a great way to bury the UEFA Cup even further by not having the guy whp broke the goal scoring record in the 23 man list.

Juvenile Junkie
11-04-2011, 01:39 PM
3rd place maybe Suarez, hopefully at the least.

the guy who got banned for BTING an opponennt,racism and his Ghana 2010 controversy?????

Juvenile Junkie
11-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Mario Goertze from Germany also got overlooked,as did Eden Hazard,Nuri Sahin,Roberto Soldado

Wade Barrett 1979
11-04-2011, 02:34 PM
the guy who got banned for BTING an opponennt,racism and his Ghana 2010 controversy?????

You need to pick your words more wisely, nothing further has come of the racism claim, at this moment in time. The way you've worded it, makes it sound like he's been found guilty of racism and that's clearly not the case! Plus I'm sure you would have nothing against him, if he were plying his trade in Serie A!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-04-2011, 03:00 PM
What a great way to bury the UEFA Cup even further by not having the guy whp broke the goal scoring record in the 23 man list.

yh very true , falcao was awsome last season and derserves too be on that list deffo,

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Mario Goertze from Germany also got overlooked,as did Eden Hazard,Nuri Sahin,Roberto Soldado

a bit early for hazard , goetze and neymar too be on the list i think, all 3 look like they will be world class players in the future tho, sahin could of been on there tho,

Juvenile Junkie
11-05-2011, 05:24 AM
a bit early for hazard , goetze and neymar too be on the list i think, all 3 look like they will be world class players in the future tho, sahin could of been on there tho,

Goertze ain't.

Juvenile Junkie
11-05-2011, 05:26 AM
You need to pick your words more wisely, nothing further has come of the racism claim, at this moment in time. The way you've worded it, makes it sound like he's been found guilty of racism and that's clearly not the case! Plus I'm sure you would have nothing against him, if he were plying his trade in Serie A!

Why would Evra falsely accuse him of racism if the matter had no substance??

Honestly,if he had gone to Serie A,he would have been even better IMO.Itlay and Spain suit South Americans more.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 08:03 AM

Honestly,if he had gone to Serie A,he would have been even better IMO.Itlay and Spain suit South Americans more.

Why do people falesly accuse others of rape, when the matter has no substance? Why do people falsely accuse others of murder, when the matter has no substance? Why do people falsely accuse others of attacking them and causing them harm, when the matter has no substance? Why do people falsely accuse others of stealing from them, when the matter has no substance? If you can answer any of these, then I suggest you take up a career in psychology or even law!

We don't live in a Utopian world!!

CGBigMan
11-05-2011, 08:07 AM
another person that should have been in
Robin Van Persie

Tommy Thunder
11-05-2011, 08:30 AM

Firstly, see what Wade said.
And secondly, Evra has a history of false accusations of racism against him.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-05-2011, 09:52 AM

by italy and spain suit south americans more, you mean because it's alot easier rite ?. premier league is the hardest league in the world, but i guess you dont want too hear about that do you :)

Juvenile Junkie
11-05-2011, 10:21 AM
by italy and spain suit south americans more, you mean because it's alot easier rite ?. premier league is the hardest league in the world, but i guess you dont want too hear about that do you :)

Ok,keep telling yourself that,but the Champions League and World Cup wins by country say otherwise.

This might be the biggest act of hypocrisy ever,but La Liga had more Ballon D'or nominees this year than the EPL,I would have never said this,because I think its a dubious list,but since you used your line,its only fair I use mine.

Automatic
11-05-2011, 10:45 AM

Lol, this is some funny shiznit you wrote down:p.

I agree with this farce list of Best Player nominees and Best Coach nominees. There have some bullshit decisions been made, but I think in the end it all comes down to Messi and Ronaldo who both deserve to win and Best Coach probably will go to Guardiola, didn't Barca win everything last season?

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Ok,keep telling yourself that,but the Champions League and World Cup wins by country say otherwise.

This might be the biggest act of hypocrisy ever,but La Liga had more Ballon D'or nominees this year than the EPL,I would have never said this,because I think its a dubious list,but since you used your line,its only fair I use mine.

So by that argument, Brazil has the best league in the world!!

Last time I checked individual players don't make up a League!

Automatic
11-05-2011, 10:57 AM

Wait what?

Juvenile Junkie
11-05-2011, 10:58 AM
So by that argument, Brazil has the best league in the world!!

I don't believe in the 'best league in the world' thing.If there's a big football game,I watch,does it matter from which league the teams come from?

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I don't believe in the 'best league in the world' thing.If there's a big football game,I watch,does it matter from which league the teams come from?

Thank you! Something we agree on!!

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Wait what?

All I mean is just because the highest number if Ballon D'or nominees come from one League, doesn't automatically make that League the best!!

Especially when all those nominees, are pretty much from 2 teams!

Automatic
11-05-2011, 11:11 AM
All I mean is just because the highest number if Ballon D'or nominees come from one League, doesn't automatically make that League the best!!

Especially when all those nominees, are pretty much from 2 teams!

Oh, yeah I agree:p.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Oh, yeah I agree:p.

See, I knew you were a sensible man!! :)

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-05-2011, 12:11 PM

btw i said hardest league.. not best , if you dont think the premier league is the hardest in terms of physical then you are crazy, which is why alot of foreign players duck the league and blame the weather LOL

Tommy Thunder
11-05-2011, 12:33 PM
In their current state, I'd say the PL and the Spanish league are the 2 best leagues in Europe. There's no doubt about that.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-05-2011, 12:38 PM
In their current state, I'd say the PL and the Spanish league are the 2 best leagues in Europe. There's no doubt about that.

No doubt mate i agree.. every other league is a fair bit behind, who do you reckon is 3rd ?. i would go with the german league :)

Tommy Thunder
11-05-2011, 01:57 PM
No doubt mate i agree.. every other league is a fair bit behind, who do you reckon is 3rd ?. i would go with the german league :)

Got to be the German league IMO. Serie A would come after that, with France and Portugal behind them.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Got to be the German league IMO. Serie A would come after that, with France and Portugal behind them.

yeh i would agree with that mate :)

VanHooliganX
11-06-2011, 01:21 AM

100% correct.
I'd say they're the best in the world though. Very hard to match the drama of what can happen in both leagues.

Juvenile Junkie
11-06-2011, 07:13 AM
I won't mention any names,but it has been proven that SOME people,know very little about certain football leagues,using assumptions and generalisations and stereotypes.

Shouldn't ypu watch the EPL,La Liga,Serie A and the Bundesliga equally to have a fair judgement?Yes,you should.

And this is a thread for the Ballon D'or,not 'best League in the world' nonsesne.

the best league is the Champions League,it has the world's best teams...................................and Arsenal

VanHooliganX
11-06-2011, 07:15 AM
I won't mention any names,but it has been proven that SOME people,know very little about certain football leagues,using assumptions and generalisations and stereotypes.

Shouldn't ypu watch the EPL,La Liga,Serie A and the Bundesliga equally to have a fair judgement?Yes,you should.

And this is a thread for the Ballon D'or,not 'best League in the world' nonsesne.

the best league is the Champions League,it has the world's best teams...................................and Arsenal

*grabs leg and begins to pull* And SOME people don't know Champions League is a knockout tournament with a group stage. Not an actual league :) lol
Should be called the champions cup like it is on FM.

Juvenile Junkie
11-06-2011, 07:24 AM
*grabs leg and begins to pull* And SOME people don't know Champions League is a knockout tournament with a group stage. Not an actual league :) lol

Super League, Euro League ,Europa League.

The global trend in most sports nowadays is to take the money cash cow of a final.I reckon that should two teams from the 4 major football leagues be tied on points at the end of the season in a few years time,goal difference or head to head will be done away with for a LEAGUE FINAL,which will bring in lots of media hype,sell merchandise and TV rights all around the world,sparking a revolution where football could possibly introduce play-offs.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-06-2011, 08:20 AM

^^ LOL

Juvenile junkie you get really touchy when the italian league is mentioned , why is that ?. are you italian ?. and what team do you actually support ?.

Tommy Thunder
11-06-2011, 08:39 AM

I hope you're not referring to me there. You shouldn't use vagueness like that here, since everybody reading that will think you're talking about them.

I believe you're the one who drew this thread towards talking about leagues in the first place.

And the Champions League is a knockout tournament. Just like the World Cup and the European Championships. It's not a league.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
I hope you're not referring to me there. You shouldn't use vagueness like that here, since everybody reading that will think you're talking about them.

I believe you're the one who drew this thread towards talking about leagues in the first place.

And the Champions League is a knockout tournament. Just like the World Cup and the European Championships. It's not a league.

I think you'll find he's referring to everyone, who isn't him! It's just another way for him to hate on the EPL, plus he's annoyed that no one has put his beloved Serie A, as one of the top 3 leagues!
I love how he talks about stereotypes! The first post I saw from this guy, when I first came to this forum was, '10 Reasons Why The Italians Hate The English!' This was in a thread that was supposed to be a place to post amusing football anecdotes! Then he tries to make out he's not a xenophobe!!!

VanHooliganX
11-06-2011, 11:44 AM
I think you'll find he's referring to everyone, who isn't him! It's just another way for him to hate on the EPL, plus he's annoyed that no one has put his beloved Serie A, as one of the top 3 leagues!
I love how he talks about stereotypes! The first post I saw from this guy, when I first came to this forum was, '10 Reasons Why The Italians Hate The English!' This was in a thread that was supposed to be a place to post amusing football anecdotes! Then he tries to make out he's not a xenophobe!!!

No worries lads. We still got each other to talk about how stupid Zamoras miss was from the Everton vs Fulham match and every other incident that happens.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-06-2011, 11:55 AM
No worries lads. We still got each other to talk about how stupid Zamoras miss was from the Everton vs Fulham match and every other incident that happens.

Very true :)

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-06-2011, 12:21 PM

^^ very true lmao " 10 reasons why the italians hate the english " that just made me laugh , how could anyone do a thread like that,

Pumpkinhead
11-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Well I think Juvenile Junkie is a little butthurt now that Serie A is no longer the dominant league, personaly I love the Serie A but after the calciopoli scandal it haven't been the same, Juventus and Milan are struggling to get back to their glory days, Inter well is a mess right now, and even in these days most of the teams don't have their own staduim. Italian football needs a serious restructuration, remember 2003 UCL when the 3 big teams of Italy made it to semifinals, the problem is you can't live in the past

EPL is the best league today in terms of competition, financial status, television rights and venues!!

Juvenile Junkie
11-07-2011, 01:11 PM
EPL is the best league today in terms of competition, financial status, television rights and venues!!

Yes,100% and also European Cups won,National team success,junior level success,world record transfers,Ballon D'or and World Player of the year Awards,Golden Boot winners and oh wait oops.Arrogant clown.

Tommy Thunder
11-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Yes,100% and also European Cups won,National team success,junior level success,world record transfers,Ballon D'or and World Player of the year Awards,Golden Boot winners and oh wait oops.Arrogant clown.

If you can't agree with

Then you really d have a screw loose. The Spanish Primera comes close, but the EPL is the best league in the world right now.
Barcelona are the best team in Europe right now.
Spain have the best national team right now.
Spain are ahead on Ballon D'or, World Player of the year, and golden boot awards.

Please note that Serie A don't come close to the Pimera or the EPL.

Juvenile Junkie
11-07-2011, 01:35 PM
This thread has been killed

VanHooliganX
11-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Well I think Juvenile Junkie is a little butthurt now

Majorly butthurt.

It would be like any TNA fanboy losing Kurt Angle, Sting and Robbie E to WWE...Okay maybe not Robbie E but you get the idea.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-07-2011, 01:50 PM
This thread rocks now!!

VanHooliganX
11-07-2011, 01:52 PM
This thread rocks now!!

As does your sig :)

I bet Polly likes it too since shes a hardcore Rhodes fan

Juvenile Junkie
11-07-2011, 01:53 PM
I am amased how you guys can't handle the fact that somebody doesn't believe in the 'best league in the world'.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
As does your sig :)

I bet Polly likes it too since shes a hardcore Rhodes fan

Cheers dude! I'm sure she will :)

Wade Barrett 1979
11-07-2011, 02:00 PM
I am amased how you guys can't handle the fact that somebody doesn't believe in the 'best league in the world'.

Go back and look at post #47 in this thread!!

Juvenile Junkie
11-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Thank you! Something we agree on!!

ok,but I have everyone else doing research and algebraic equations and using scientific formulae to proof that in their opinion,which they are berating as fact,the EPL is heaven and La Liga and Serie A are prostitute turd.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-07-2011, 07:04 PM
ok,but I have everyone else doing research and algebraic equations and using scientific formulae to proof that in their opinion,which they are berating as fact,the EPL is heaven and La Liga and Serie A are prostitute turd.

no one has said la liga is " porstitute turd " LOL

everyone here is just in agreement that the prem and la liga are way ahead of the italian league, and that hurts you so mch for some reason,

Juvenile Junkie
11-08-2011, 12:53 AM
no one has said la liga is " porstitute turd " LOL

everyone here is just in agreement that the prem and la liga are way ahead of the italian league, and that hurts you so mch for some reason,

way ahead?? For a person who comes from a country that were more often than not shocking in Europe after the Heysal ban,I would have thought you would have some sympathy for them after going through the Calciopoli scandal.And in any event,at the end of the day,its trophies that count,since that scandal broke,they did win a World Cup,2 Champions League's and 2 FIFA Club World Cups.Only Spain have been more A successful nation.Most countries would give up an arm and a leg for the success they have had under the transition/recovery period.In fact I think the non-Man United EPL,Bundesliga,non-Barcelona La Liga,Ligue 1 have missed an opportunity to win Champions League trophies.2006/07 and 2007/08 Italy never had their best possible representatives due to the Calciopoli punishments,and they still won 1 of the editions of the UCL.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-08-2011, 11:45 AM
dude thats the difference, you dont see me slating every league and going mad because people are saying the portugese league is not the best.. it's just opinions of people, you seem too try and put down the prem, any chance you can as if too say.. see it's not so great but look at the italian league the seven sisters were amazing and so on and so on..

and btw have you seen portugal.. it's a small country, we punch above our weight :)
italy is a big country and yet your league is in my opinion.. not as good as it should be .

Juvenile Junkie
11-08-2011, 12:10 PM
and btw have you seen portugal.. it's a small country, we punch above our weight :)
italy is a big country and yet your league is in my opinion.. not as good as it should be .

in that case Russia,India,China,Nigeria and Indonesia would be World Super Powers.

And Portugal are Under achievers,you hosted the final of Euro 2004 and we beat you.Sorry,had to get that one in there.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-08-2011, 12:18 PM
in that case Russia,India,China,Nigeria and Indonesia would be World Super Powers.

And Portugal are Under achievers,you hosted the final of Euro 2004 and we beat you.Sorry,had to get that one in there.

russia, india and china are super powers. just in different sports and olympics :)

and you can beat portugal as many times as you want.. aint going too make the italian league any better LOL

Juvenile Junkie
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
and you can beat portugal as many times as you want.. aint going too make the italian league any better LOL

You do know it was Greece who beat Madeira right?

In the opening game,in the final,in a friendly in 2008,wow winning is contagious.

On a lighter note,why are Greeks such bad footballers?....................Every time they get a corner,they open a shop!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-08-2011, 12:24 PM
sorry i didnt know that.. i thourght greece beat portugal :) LOL

so you are greek then ?.

Juvenile Junkie
11-08-2011, 12:31 PM
sorry i didnt know that.. i thourght greece beat portugal :) LOL

so you are greek then ?.

Yes.......

But I live in South Africa,something about unpaid taxes......

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes.......

But I live in South Africa,something about unpaid taxes......

right.. one question then, why do you care so much when people dont rate the italian league ?.

Juvenile Junkie
11-08-2011, 12:47 PM
right.. one question then, why do you care so much when people dont rate the italian league ?.

I don't see why it needs to be bashed.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
11-08-2011, 01:59 PM

like you seem too do with the premier league and anything english ?.

personally tho i dont think ive bashed the italian league but said what i thourght.. but it's just an opinion.. does not mean im right, but you seem too really take it too heart man, shouldnt worry so much if you think it's a good league then good for you.. if other people dont think it is then well thats there opinion,

Tommy Thunder
11-08-2011, 02:30 PM

*facepalm*

Here's the simple fact:
The Italian league has been in decline since the matchfixing scandal. It's a league that's dying a very slow and painful death right now. It's a league full of corruption.
Hopefully one day we'll see the Italian league back as it should be alongside the Spanish league and the Premier league. But at the moment the 4th best league in Europe IMO.

This isn't bashing, this is just stating the facts.