PDA

View Full Version : Things that makes you irrationally annoyed/angry in the WWE/TNA

Bandages
11-03-2011, 03:37 PM
This post is simply about the small, irrational things that maybe wind you up, or tick you off every time you see/hear them!
Maybe they don't annoy you long enough to make you hit the FF button, or change channel, but just enough to make you subconsciously sigh/roll eyes..

For me;

Michael Cole calling Rhodes mask an 'Acrylic Face mask'. It wouldn't be Acrylic. Acrylic is brittle and shards when broken which, in my opinion would make it far too dangerous for a facial mask. Its probably polycarbonate, like protective goggle would be. Sorry completely Geeky hate, but it just winds me up!

The bluring out of the WWF logo on vintage collection and such like. We all know its fucking WWF, the World Wildlife Federation would not be ringing up Vince to moan if they saw the logo on a vintage collection video surely???!!!

Matt Morgans Dragon mouth thingy tattoo...

Teddy long saying 'playa'. Its 2011. Even if he said 'you da bomb' it would be more socially relevant.

Mizfit
11-03-2011, 03:40 PM
John Cena.

SLEEPY LOCO1
11-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Michael Cole's commentating
Santino Marella beating people with the cobra
Any time Hornswoggle comes out
Jack Swagger doing the soaring eagle
Eric Young's current "crazy guy" gimmick

tnafanwwehater
11-03-2011, 03:49 PM
on tna it annoys me. 2 many roll up finishes lol..

Tommy Thunder
11-03-2011, 03:50 PM
When Cole doesn't call the match.
When Santino wins with the Cobra.
The fact that WWE refuse to have Chong Shena take a pinfall/submission loss.
The fact that Hornswoggle is still employed by WWE while several other talents have been released.
The fact that NXT could have been such a good show, but WWE fucked it up so bad on so many levels.

jordan1995
11-03-2011, 03:51 PM
lack of wrestling moves called in wwe

Ruthless_Aggression
11-03-2011, 04:13 PM
The humiliation of Jim Ross.

G Force
11-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi guys. I'm a new member here, I've been reading news and forums for a while but never posted, untill now.

What makes me irrationally annoyed and gets my back up in WWE are the rules in cage matches, particularly in regards to the door. The point in of a cage match in my opinion is to prevent the competitors from leaving the ring and forcing them to fight. To me the rule that competitors can ask for the door to be opened and simply walk out is ridiculous because it is so easy to walk through a door. When a superstar is making their way to the door (in slow motion to add drama) it is beyond obvious that they could just quickly jump out of the ring. The fact that they make their way very slowly, crawling, when 1 minute earlier they were running between the ropes for me shatters the illusion of a kayfabe environment. Also, why anyone would try and climb out of the cage when the door is open is beyond me.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Wade Barrett 1979
11-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi guys. I'm a new member here, I've been reading news and forums for a while but never posted, untill now.

What makes me irrationally annoyed and gets my back up in WWE are the rules in cage matches, particularly in regards to the door. The point in of a cage match in my opinion is to prevent the competitors from leaving the ring and forcing them to fight. To me the rule that competitors can ask for the door to be opened and simply walk out is ridiculous because it is so easy to walk through a door. When a superstar is making their way to the door (in slow motion to add drama) it is beyond obvious that they could just quickly jump out of the ring. The fact that they make their way very slowly, crawling, when 1 minute earlier they were running between the ropes for me shatters the illusion of a kayfabe environment. Also, why anyone would try and climb out of the cage when the door is open is beyond me.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Welcome to the forums! Yup it is a pretty ridiculous thing, that's why I prefer cell or chamber matches! As they say though, logic has no place in wrestling!! :p

Y2Jryder
11-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Holding back the wrestling ability from their wrestler in the wwe, limited movesets

Robstar
11-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Hi. Not to be a party pooper, but since this concerns both WWE & TNA, I feel obligated to move it to The Tea Spot (because I can't think of anywhere better) Also, I'm glad you didn't go the route of others Bandages and make the same thread in both sections and only swapping WWE in the title for TNA.

I hate that. :)

Bandages
11-03-2011, 04:40 PM
What makes me irrationally annoyed and gets my back up in WWE are the rules in cage matches, particularly in regards to the door. The point in of a cage match in my opinion is to prevent the competitors from leaving the ring and forcing them to fight. To me the rule that competitors can ask for the door to be opened and simply walk out is ridiculous because it is so easy to walk through a door.

100% yes!! who on gods earth green lighted that feature??
And in that situation where you get the wrestler 1/2 outside
the door then their opponent runs and drags them back... soo bloody
annoying.

Robstar
11-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Michael Cole's commentating
Santino Marella beating people with the cobra
Any time Hornswoggle comes out
Jack Swagger doing the soaring eagle
Eric Young's current "crazy guy" gimmick

What you talkin' 'bout Willis? That gimmick is great! If it wasn't for that gimmick, I don't think Eric Young would hold much interest to me.

On topic: Mr.Anderson's shitty back tattoo. Looks like someone practised on him while he was passed out.
Jack Korpela talking over William Regal. Actually, just Jack Korpela.
No Raw GM
The handling of the brands in WWE

Bandages
11-03-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm glad you didn't go the route of others Bandages and make the same thread in both sections and only swapping WWE in the title for TNA.

Bah wish id thought of that! :)
Never been to the tea spot section

Robstar
11-03-2011, 04:47 PM
The Tea Spot is the best section IMO. All the best talking gets done here.

Lucha_Libre
11-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Jack Korpela taking over vintage from mean gene
William Regal not getting in ring competion
When the referee is injured and they suddenly wake up to slowly count to 3 when it's a roll up like at destination x when kendrick beat abyss - it's barely believable when it's a Normal 3 count - especially when it's a slow count

IrkenInvader
11-03-2011, 04:58 PM
The Tea Spot is the best section IMO. All the best talking gets done here.

Its where all the real rasslin fans go to discuss/make fun of pro superstarring.

Necroyeti
11-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Mike Chioda.
http://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/686x384_scale_plain/talent/bio/2011/02/5625838.jpg
I hate everything about this motherfucker and I have no idea why.

HeelTurn
11-03-2011, 05:14 PM
How theyve spent the last week going on about the ring breaking and how its never been seen before. It happened before, with one of the people involved, and its been on so many DVDs since lol

The fact Sam Eagle was not on Raw this week.

IrkenInvader
11-03-2011, 05:39 PM
How theyve spent the last week going on about the ring breaking and how its never been seen before. It happened before, with one of the people involved, and its been on so many DVDs since lol

The fact Sam Eagle was not on Raw this week.

The fact that they made Cena and Del Rio wrestle in the broken ring.

Asherdelampyr
11-03-2011, 05:46 PM
doors in cage matches

when a match is advertised as the "most brutal/punishing/etc"

Michael Cole refusing to do his damn job as a play by play announcer and call the damn match, seriously that leaves me screaming at my TV "Call
the damn match asshole!!!"

Unprotected chair shots to the head.

Sin Cara's match lighting (Don't know if they are still doing this)

Old stables being resurrected (especially with different members)

limited movesets (We all know that Cena can actually do more than 5 moves, let him... and seriously WTF is with the Divas?)

Broken rings

Iron Ape
11-03-2011, 06:01 PM
The stubborn adherence to using spectacularly shitty music that hasn't been in fashion since, like, 2000 or so.

Polly-Pablo
11-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Completely random but....

Removing Matt Stryker from commentary....

Asherdelampyr
11-03-2011, 06:57 PM

I liked Stryker, he wasn't anything to write home about, but at least he knows the damn holds and can call a match

Dubs
11-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Kevin Nash returning annoyed me. I seriously don't want to see a Triple H vs Nash feud or anything involving Nash for that matter.

TNA giving James Storm the TNA World Title instead of Bobby Rhoode, making Rhoode's build-up to BFG totally worthless.

Matt Morgan going absolutely nowhere.

KJ PUNK
11-03-2011, 07:12 PM
How fast TNA pushes someone and then they fade into obscurity.

Randy Orton.

Short matches. (like seriously, when's the last Iron Man match the WWE had? Angle/Lesnar?)

20 PPVs in a year. Get it down to 11.

PJaybe
11-03-2011, 07:37 PM
The fact that a 3 count for a pin lasts 3 seconds, but a 10 count for a count out or last man standing match takes 30 seconds.......

Keep the tempo consistent.

Philip

Robstar
11-03-2011, 07:41 PM
The stubborn adherence to using spectacularly shitty music that hasn't been in fashion since, like, 2000 or so.

What's the option though? Mt.Profession?

Rich Cranium
11-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Canned applause in TNA

Cena's tired theme music

Iron Ape
11-03-2011, 08:12 PM
What's the option though? Mt.Profession?
Replace Jim Johnston with Jeff Hardy, and provide him with a studio/converted storage unit filled with pan flutes, doll parts, some broken Rock Band instruments, and a duffel bag full of mescaline.

Robstar
11-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Replace Jim Johnston with Jeff Hardy, and provide him with a studio/converted storage unit filled with pan flutes, doll parts, some broken Rock Band instruments, and a duffel bag full of mescaline.

You crack me up Ape. Don't forget - wind chimes, a 90's computer with standard soundcard and his muppet of a brother on the mixing desk

VanHooliganX
11-03-2011, 08:56 PM
The humiliation of Jim Ross.

Aye thats 1 for me too. A bit like when Dr Death and some other dick did that Oklahoma(sp?) gimmick to take the piss out of him. What cunts.

Asherdelampyr
11-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Aye thats 1 for me too. A bit like when Dr Death and some other dick did that Oklahoma(sp?) gimmick to take the piss out of him. What cunts.

me 3
that man is a legend, he shouldn't have to put up with this shit

zapphoman
11-03-2011, 09:12 PM
I am annoyed that the Jersey Shore is getting mixed with my wrestling. I'm sorry I hate Jersey Shore and even though I understand the show is popular with a bunch of people I just can't see why the WWE or TNA feels they need to promote it.

Let's see anything else...oh the fact that Impact hasn't got a hold of Anthony Hopkins to exorsize the demon know has Karen Jarrett. I mean I'm surprised a big game hunter hasn't came after her yet or a wild hyena hasn't mistaken her voice for a mating call.

#ZIGGLER
11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Celebs get wwe attention i get that put them on raw but dont put them on raw to kick ure best workers ass #HEEL

#ZIGGLER
11-03-2011, 09:30 PM
You crack me up Ape. Don't forget - wind chimes, a 90's computer with standard soundcard and his muppet of a brother on the mixing desk

robstar u crack me up ha

Iron Ape
11-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Haha I think we've really got something here.

IrkenInvader
11-03-2011, 11:15 PM

Exactly, put him and Joey Styles on the announce table.

IrkenInvader
11-03-2011, 11:17 PM

I'm glad they stopped using Saliva.......for now.

Bodom
11-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Tag team matches in general. Every fucking match is the same

KJ PUNK
11-03-2011, 11:21 PM
I forgot one.

The TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship. No effing point in those.

Bodom
11-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Babyfaces saving each other: If four heels are beating down a face, why is one extra face able to take them all down? Why not jump him the second he slides in the ring? Or at least have a back and forth brawl and not just have the faces dominate them in seconds.

IrkenInvader
11-03-2011, 11:30 PM
The fact that John Cena is main event even when he isn't the champ. They drop the title to upper mid card so Cena stays at the top.

And I hate the fact that Cena is permanently the #1 contender no matter what happens. 'John Cena broke his neck last week and now hes in a wheelchair. Quick! Give him the belt so he can keep his heat while he recovers!'

That Ryder is being put over in short matches.

Dolph Ziggler has put over every single celebrity but they still won't let him be in the main event. John Cena doesn't put any over.

IrkenInvader
11-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Tag team matches in general. Every fucking match is the same

No it is yes but back in the day they had variety and didn't have tired, extremely well used formulas.

Androo
11-04-2011, 12:13 AM
When someone is alone in the ring and is faced with another bigger, badder, meaner somebody gradually encroaching upon them - be it coming down the ramp, or cornering off the ring. And the said first someone can either: see the 14ft invisible wall surrounding the ring that nobody else can see; or they have the pea size brain that can't seem to comprehend the 2in wide ropes are separated with the adequately human sized gaps of free air with which can be exited through in quite the same manner as they performed upon entering the ring.

Either that or they have a similar issue with ropes, and gaps of air, much akin to the problem the aliens in 'Signs' had with a wooden door.

Case in point: the Karma destruction of Divas after their matches.

Kinda annoys me I guess.

:cool:

Necroyeti
11-04-2011, 02:38 AM
How fast TNA pushes someone and then they fade into obscurity.

http://i.imgur.com/NSSo2.jpg

SLEEPY LOCO1
11-04-2011, 02:42 AM

That shit was hella funny. The whole time I thought they were talking to Mr. Anderson lol.

Krysys
11-04-2011, 02:54 AM

Wow.. Funny as hell and dead on

VanHooliganX
11-04-2011, 04:20 AM

HAHAHA! Thats brilliant! Great find :)

KJ PUNK
11-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Damn Necro, you just DOMINATED this thread.

Bravo.

Automatic
11-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Raw is a major annoyance lately, Vince has lost it.
Just look at Smackdown it is much better.

That TNA picture is awesome.

xAzureSkye
11-04-2011, 05:14 PM
TNA's canned crowd reaction
How they can't build up a star so they wait until WWE does it.
Bobby Roode push
KO tag team titles

WWE's lack of storylines and actual characters for the Divas
how Rosa Mendes is still employed
Hornswoggle beating actual wrestlers.
Pointless segments
Short Divas matches

HeelTurn
11-04-2011, 05:15 PM
How the most entertaining thing on Raw in months was the Muppets.

The end of the Nexus, the best thing going for ages then suddenly its down to Otunga and McGillicuty then one week they come out with new music and no armbands.

Robstar
11-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Pretty sure WWE is using canned pops too.

That slapping sound you're always hearing in matches now when someone connects with a boot. I don't think it's real.

Asherdelampyr
11-04-2011, 05:31 PM

That slapping sound you're always hearing in matches now when someone connects with a boot. I don't think it's real.

WWE likes to use canned pops on Smackdown, it's pretty much an accepted evil now

I always figured that there was a microphone under the ring to pick those up

IrkenInvader
11-04-2011, 05:31 PM

It isn't. You don't hear that when you see it live.

Robstar
11-04-2011, 05:40 PM
It isn't. You don't hear that when you see it live.

Can you hear any commentary when it's live or only if you're sitting near them? We don't get many live events here and the last one I went to....let's just say it was a long time ago. I noticed the big difference while watching The Ultimate Fighter, watching fights without commentary is quite a different experience

HeelTurn
11-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Can you hear any commentary when it's live or only if you're sitting near them? We don't get many live events here and the last one I went to....let's just say it was a long time ago. I noticed the big difference while watching The Ultimate Fighter, watching fights without commentary is quite a different experience

You cant hear anything other than the crowds and the sound of wrestlers hitting the mat. You can occasionaly here the wrestlers if youre close enough.

Robstar
11-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Like "I'm from Winnipeg you idiot!" lol

HeelTurn
11-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Like "I'm from Winnipeg you idiot!" lol

Haha yeah and Vickie cheering on her clients lol

Robstar
11-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Haha yeah and Vickie cheering on her clients lol

You can hear that anyway. Oh if only I could get near to that cheer! *drools*

HeelTurn
11-04-2011, 06:02 PM
You can hear that anyway. Oh if only I could get near to that cheer! *drools*

Does the WWE ever go to Australia, I remember they did a tour there called Global Warning or something a while back.

Robstar
11-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah we get them about once a year. They used to alternate Raw and Smackdown rosters on tour. I'm fairly sure from my public Vickie worshipping, they'd be on the lookout for me. Not that I would do anything mind you ;)

Polly-Pablo
11-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Michael Cole on BOTH shows......I mute RAW when he talks...now I have to deal with him on SD too!!!

IrkenInvader
11-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Michael Cole on BOTH shows......I mute RAW when he talks...now I have to deal with him on SD too!!!

SD has Booker so he is at least tolerable.

IrkenInvader
11-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Not the actual commentary no, but when they do a close up on them while they announce a match sometimes they are patched into the PA system. I stress 'sometimes' though, most of the time they don't but we see Cole and Lawler on the jumbotron with no sound. That is why you can occasionally here the crowd chant 'we can't hear you' during those moments.

Polly-Pablo
11-04-2011, 07:19 PM
SD has Booker so he is at least tolerable.

I love Booker, I don't see why people have a problem with his commentary....I'm even looking forward to having him kick Cody's butt!

But I miss half of what Booker is saying due to muting Cole!

IrkenInvader
11-04-2011, 07:21 PM
I love Booker, I don't see why people have a problem with his commentary....I'm even looking forward to having him kick Cody's butt!

But I miss half of what Booker is saying due to muting Cole!

I automatically tune him out in my head, which makes Booker sound even funnier because there is no set up to some of his lines. I just randomly hear things like "The hip bones connected to tha leg bone!" That stuff comes outta nowhere to me.

Robstar
11-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I wish they would stop talking over each other! What the hell are they doing in the gorilla postion these days?

Tomsta666
11-04-2011, 07:28 PM
So i'm assuming that i'm the only one here who actually enjoys Coles work then?! ;)

SESAfro
11-04-2011, 07:32 PM
So i'm assuming that i'm the only one here who actually enjoys Coles work then?! ;)
By himself, I think so. I love Cole's and Booker's bickering. It makes me laugh all over.

One thing that I'm annoyed with is that there are 3 minute Battle Royals. They better make them be Pin only and you can't leave the ring. -_-

Polly-Pablo
11-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Teddy Long's suit.......seriously, his tailor doesn't know that long coat jackets are for pimps only? Big shoulder pads and a size up doesn't make you look bigger - it makes you look stupid.

Asherdelampyr
11-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Teddy Long's suit.......seriously, his tailor doesn't know that long coat jackets are for pimps only? Big shoulder pads and a size up doesn't make you look bigger - it makes you look stupid.

but but but...
he IS a pimp :)

SESAfro
11-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Flo Rida's song the theme for Survivor Series? Really? REALLY??!!

Robstar
11-04-2011, 09:49 PM

Yes! Glad I'm not the only one thinking this

Rich Cranium
11-04-2011, 09:50 PM

I enjoy when he interrupts divas matches, lololololol.

Polly-Pablo
11-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Yes! Glad I'm not the only one thinking this

Great minds think alike......

Also, you and I seem to....tee hee

Super Kicked
11-05-2011, 06:26 AM
The Royal Rumble and/or battle royals have always been my favorite gimmick matches but it bugs me to no end when I see a guy, who can bench 300+ pounds, can't get Kofi Kingston over the top rope because, "He has his arm wrapped around the top rope! Not Fair!!!" Or the old, "Whelp, he's halfway over the top so Ima just turn around. Wait, he landed on the apron and just rolled back in? Can he do that?"

Also, if I never see another torture rack or bear hug I will be just fine.