PDA

View Full Version : Why you should oppose Linda McMahon's election.

Freder
10-12-2010, 09:58 PM
What if Linda wins the election?

1) WWE will never go back from PG... ever.
2) WWE will avoid the independent contractor BS and not have to make things right
3) Connecticut will wonder why they elected someone with no political experience to such an important position. What is her experience? a) being in charge of WWE and yet claiming no responsibility for it's content or b) being a figurehead while Vince ran things meaning she actually doesn't even have that experience.

I hate how stupid people are about celebrities. We here in the US focus way too much energy on meaningless crap. No one (unless they've met her) in this country should know who Paris Hilton is. Whether Tiger Woods has an affair is not worthy of 1 night of news much less weeks. It's pathetic if you know which actor is dating which actress.

There are only 2 reasons Linda is not that far behind in the polls. 1) She spent ridiculous amounts of your money on it. (Assuming you ever spent money on anything WWF/WWE.) 2) She's a celebrity.

So many celebrities run for and are often elected to office. From sports (Jim Bunning, Jack Kemp), music (Sonny Bono), acting (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Fred Grandy, Ronald Reagan, Al Franken) and now wrestling (Jesse Ventura, and Linda). Celebrities are our entertainment. They should entertain us, and that is it. Caring about what they do in their lives outside of singing/acting/wrestling is kind of creepy. And if we can elect people simply on the good will they got from entertaining us at one time, rather than on their leadership skill, integrity, and view on the issues, we may as well just tell the Chinese that they may as well foreclose on us now, we just aren't even trying any more.

I'd love to see a law that effective now, any one who records an album, or acts, or plays professional sports receive a lifetime ban on running for office. Let people decide which they want to pursue, but make it clear that it is an either or, and if they choose to be an entertainer, they have made a lifetime choice to not enter politics. (I suppose an exception can be made for child actors as long as they quit by age 18.) Will this ever happen? No. More likely to see one of these Jersey Shore guys elected President. It's a sad world we live in.

I'd love to hear your comments.

Paid for by the committee to return WWE to tv-14 by not electing Linda McMahon and the Bob Backlund for president committee.

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
mate i agree with you 100%
im nt american so i cant vote anyway lol

nut you americans shud defo vote against her if u want wwe 2 nt be PG

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First, Linda running for office is not the only reason why wwe went PG. Give that bullshit PG stuff a break. Its old and its not going to change. You my friend can change, you can change the channel if you don't like it, its called FREEDOM. I'm not sure if your religious but even if your not this is a great proverb.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Now on to your next error in judgment. WWE will avoid the independent contractor BS and not have to make things right. FOR WHO? We have FREEDOMS in this country bro and I like that fact. No one is forcing them to get a job in the WWE. No one is forcing them to sign a contract. They (the talent) have the FREEDOM to work somewhere else to make millions of dollars. WWE having their talent be independent contractors in my eyes I see more pro's than con's about that.
On to the next error of your ways. The politicians in this country are crooks and thieves and are only out for themselves. Why the f not have someone other than a crook in office. Linda isn't going to kiss ass and succumb to the political bullsheet that a life long politician would. Hell, she might even try to do the RIGHT thing for once and actually listen to her states people and their needs. I wouldn't exactly say she is a celebrity but her last name is know world-wide. Its time for a change in this country, we need real people in government and not the same status quo. I dont live in her state so I cant vote for her, but if I did, she'd have it. The guy she is running against lied about being in combat in Vietnam.Yes he was in the military but he never went to Vietnam that lying SOB. Do you want a lying piece of shit like that to make decisions for you? Hell no I don't, he should be in jail for lying about that. Freder I am really wondering about your age and your knowledge outside of the rasslin world. Yes Im MAD.
FYI- the reason why her opponents show old out dated clips of questionable wwe skits involving her or Vince is because they have nothing else on her i.e dirt from the past, never been in jail. She is the type of person this country needs at the top, smart, kind, and above all she wont play f'n games.
infinite wisdom
I hope Freder does not live in connecticut

Daniel Bryan
10-12-2010, 11:06 PM
just bc you posted this i would vote for her just bc how selfish you just sounded... first off Ronald Reagan was the best president to ever hold the office so celebrities arent always bad but ventura and arnold are a waste of time i think... second she was business side not wrestling side of the company... you mostly dont want her winning just bc you dont want PG and we do not know for a fact if she did win they would stay PG for the rest of WWE's future... in all honesty i dont know any of her campaign views but your reasoning not to vote for her are completely selfish and obnoxious thinking and if i could vote for her i would... pretty much meaning if i lived in connecticut i would

Necroyeti
10-12-2010, 11:09 PM
LOLitics...

Daniel Bryan
10-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First, Linda running for office is not the only reason why wwe went PG. Give that bullshit PG stuff a break. Its old and its not going to change. You my friend can change, you can change the channel if you don't like it, its called FREEDOM. I'm not sure if your religious but even if your not this is a great proverb.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Now on to your next error in judgment. WWE will avoid the independent contractor BS and not have to make things right. FOR WHO? We have FREEDOMS in this country bro and I like that fact. No one is forcing them to get a job in the WWE. No one is forcing them to sign a contract. They (the talent) have the FREEDOM to work somewhere else to make millions of dollars. WWE having their talent be independent contractors in my eyes I see more pro's than con's about that.
On to the next error of your ways. The politicians in this country are crooks and thieves and are only out for themselves. Why the f not have someone other than a crook in office. Linda isn't going to kiss ass and succumb to the political bullsheet that a life long politician would. Hell, she might even try to do the RIGHT thing for once and actually listen to her states people and their needs. I wouldn't exactly say she is a celebrity but her last name is know world-wide. Its time for a change in this country, we need real people in government and not the same status quo. I dont live in her state so I cant vote for her, but if I did, she'd have it. The guy she is running against lied about being in combat in Vietnam.Yes he was in the military but he never went to Vietnam that lying SOB. Do you want a lying piece of shit like that to make decisions for you? Hell no I don't, he should be in jail for lying about that. Freder I am really wondering about your age and your knowledge outside of the rasslin world. Yes Im MAD.
FYI- the reason why her opponents show old out dated clips of questionable wwe skits involving her or Vince is because they have nothing else on her i.e dirt from the past, never been in jail. She is the type of person this country needs at the top, smart, kind, and above all she wont play f'n games.
infinite wisdom
I hope Freder does not live in connecticut

for once i agree with you i was very angry with this post by him and im glad im not the only one

cetotheizzo
10-12-2010, 11:22 PM
for once i agree with you i was very angry with this post by him and im glad im not the only one

Yea no kidding ,even do I have only been on here for a few days, I never thought I would say this but, I agree with IPEEINTHESHOWER .

SilverGhost
10-12-2010, 11:25 PM
LOLitics...

This is true. US government is in the crapper anyways.....

cetotheizzo
10-12-2010, 11:32 PM
I know this might be the wrong time to say it but, it will help brake the tension, America F**K YEA!!!!

SilverGhost
10-12-2010, 11:41 PM
I know this might be the wrong time to say it but, it will help brake the tension, America F**K YEA!!!!

Dude....nooo.

cetotheizzo
10-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Dude....nooo.

so i should delete what i said?

SilverGhost
10-12-2010, 11:49 PM
so i should delete what i said?

No

Just saying US has nothing to be proud of right now.

SilverGhost
10-12-2010, 11:52 PM
So I should delete what I said?

No o.o its fine

cetotheizzo
10-12-2010, 11:57 PM
No o.o its fine

o ok, thoguht i was going to get kicked off of here for a minute.

shanethewolf
10-13-2010, 02:48 AM
I agree 100% with the original poster.

Other good reasons not to vote for her: just look how badly WWE is being run, how talented, hard working and deserving people are being buried and humiliated, how much advertising takes up WWE programming and how ruthless and money hungry the McMahons are. Ethics like hers are everything that's wrong with the world today.

Daniel Bryan
10-13-2010, 09:02 AM
I agree 100% with the original poster.

Other good reasons not to vote for her: just look how badly WWE is being run, how talented, hard working and deserving people are being buried and humiliated, how much advertising takes up WWE programming and how ruthless and money hungry the McMahons are. Ethics like hers are everything that's wrong with the world today.

you can not compare the WWE to politics they have nothing in common

shanethewolf
10-13-2010, 09:05 AM
you can not compare the WWE to politics they have nothing in common

Incompetence carries over into any field.

KSTornado
10-13-2010, 10:30 AM
I'd rather have someone who actually knows something about how a business is ran be in office then someone who just holds degrees in law, politics and whatnots. Career politicians are the ones who have been ruining this country for 60 years now while padding their pockets, expanding government at a huge rate while spending money that is not there to spend. Good business people knwo how to keep business running through good times and bad times concerning the economy but our current politicians do not. Government in today's society needs to be ran as a business, not a whore house that career politicans continue to abuse. An obvious change is needed and it does not matter if they are Republican or Democrat, they all need booted and some people with real business sense need to be put into their places.

As for Linda, I am sure she knows business and helped Vince grow the business thoughout the years. She may not have "politician" type experience but to me, that would be a good thing nowadays. Politics are for diplomats. The citizens just wants straight talk and straight answers.

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 02:14 PM
The citizens just wants straight talk and straight answers.

LOL xD

Nah....the citizens want to hear what they really want to hear. Politicians don't really give a crap anyways.

KSTornado
10-14-2010, 02:50 PM
You must associate with the sheeple then.

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 02:57 PM
You must associate with the sheeple then.

I don't pay attention to politics. People won't be satisfied completely of politics. People! expected Obama to make miracles happen but again its politics, step backwards before we take one step forward.

If our government was that great, we wouldn't have these problems that we are facing now.

KSTornado
10-14-2010, 04:05 PM
If you payed attention to my original post you would see where I agree with you that our current government is the problem.

Robstar
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Thread from 2010

magglis
11-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Lol,members really hated IPITS:p

Pumpkinhead
11-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Keep this thread open for when Linda runs again for the senate

Cabers
11-13-2012, 05:23 AM
Keep this thread open for when Linda runs again for the senate

And you do know that!

Nexus n' Eights
11-13-2012, 10:40 AM
What if Linda wins the election?

1) WWE will never go back from PG... ever.
2) WWE will avoid the independent contractor BS and not have to make things right
3) Connecticut will wonder why they elected someone with no political experience to such an important position. What is her experience? a) being in charge of WWE and yet claiming no responsibility for it's content or b) being a figurehead while Vince ran things meaning she actually doesn't even have that experience.

I hate how stupid people are about celebrities. We here in the US focus way too much energy on meaningless crap. No one (unless they've met her) in this country should know who Paris Hilton is. Whether Tiger Woods has an affair is not worthy of 1 night of news much less weeks. It's pathetic if you know which actor is dating which actress.

There are only 2 reasons Linda is not that far behind in the polls. 1) She spent ridiculous amounts of your money on it. (Assuming you ever spent money on anything WWF/WWE.) 2) She's a celebrity.

So many celebrities run for and are often elected to office. From sports (Jim Bunning, Jack Kemp), music (Sonny Bono), acting (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Fred Grandy, Ronald Reagan, Al Franken) and now wrestling (Jesse Ventura, and Linda). Celebrities are our entertainment. They should entertain us, and that is it. Caring about what they do in their lives outside of singing/acting/wrestling is kind of creepy. And if we can elect people simply on the good will they got from entertaining us at one time, rather than on their leadership skill, integrity, and view on the issues, we may as well just tell the Chinese that they may as well foreclose on us now, we just aren't even trying any more.

I'd love to see a law that effective now, any one who records an album, or acts, or plays professional sports receive a lifetime ban on running for office. Let people decide which they want to pursue, but make it clear that it is an either or, and if they choose to be an entertainer, they have made a lifetime choice to not enter politics. (I suppose an exception can be made for child actors as long as they quit by age 18.) Will this ever happen? No. More likely to see one of these Jersey Shore guys elected President. It's a sad world we live in.

I'd love to hear your comments.

Paid for by the committee to return WWE to tv-14 by not electing Linda McMahon and the Bob Backlund for president committee.

And wwe can't make tasteless segmants like they did last night if she had won

Pumpkinhead
11-14-2012, 05:25 PM
And you do know that!
The odds are high, Vince would allow it just to piss the IWC off!!

Nah Vince isn't that stupid... or is he??

Asherdelampyr
11-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Lol,members really hated IPITS:p
Just gotta ask, cause I haven't watched WWE in a while
is that Drew Mcintyre in a fucking Cowboy hat?

Robstar
11-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Just gotta ask, cause I haven't watched WWE in a while
is that Drew Mcintyre in a fucking Cowboy hat?

Yes Asher it's true (see my sig)

But why would you post that here?