PDA

View Full Version : How well did your teams do this week?

VanHooliganX
10-25-2011, 12:00 PM
A little mini game I guess.
Just post how your team or teams did this week and what you felt after the match/are still feeling.

Manchester City: *cha cha slide of happness*
Jacksonville Jaguars: Victory over the Ravens, feels good man
Vancouver Canucks: Finally starting to play well, good victories last week.
Vancouver Whitecaps: lost 2-1 but not last, so pretty happy :)

3/4

Tomsta666
10-25-2011, 12:48 PM
BORO saw off fellow Championship high-flyers Derby County in a 2-0 win at the riverside, showing "bouncebackability" to get back up to second place, after the dismall performance at Notts Forrest. Short lived however because West Ham also won in Saturdays late kick-off, to leapfrog above us. Sitting pretty in 3rd. Not bad at all.

Next up, a trip down to the south coast to go see what top of the table Southampton are made of!!!

U T B ! ! !

Wade Barrett 1979
10-25-2011, 02:14 PM
1-1 draw at home with Norwich, so not the Georgie Best!! I'm not sure where we're going to end up this season! One minute we are performing well, the next sub standard to poor!! I think another season out of Europe would be devastating!!

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-25-2011, 02:16 PM
My Cowboys crushed the Rams, I love it!!!!

Shining Light
10-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Just post how your team or teams did this week and what you felt after the match/are still feeling.

3/4

I'm a die - hard United fan... but unlike the other fans, even I know when a team has played an excellent match
*Claps* Well done City, you were indeed the better team
I look forward to our next match!

Tomsta666
10-25-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm a die - hard United fan... but unlike the other fans, even I know when a team has played an excellent match

Jesus Christ!!! It's a Man United fan... that's actually from Manchester!!
HOLY MACKEREL!!

CGBigMan
10-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Rangers got a nice 2-0 win away from home
Tottenham with 2-1
my home town team east fife also got a 1-0 win

Shining Light
10-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Jesus Christ!!! It's a Man United fan... that's actually from Manchester!!
HOLY MACKEREL!!

I know, it's quite shocking! I live like a half hour away from the stadium so my season ticket is always being used

Juvenile Junkie
10-25-2011, 02:59 PM

3/4

My family had shockers.Between the various family members teams:

Juventus drew
Napoli drew
Barcelona drew
Man United lost narrowly

Plus our rugby team,Western Provnce, got knocked out in the semis of the Currie Cup.

Grind_Bastard
10-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Thisw weekend, Barcelona tied and my hometown team, Real Valladolid won, today there were also league games, Barcelona won 0-1 against Granada and Valladolid won 2-0, which puts them temporarily 2nd, that means they get a straight ahead promotion place to La Liga. But there are more matches to come tomorrow.

CGBigMan
10-25-2011, 07:16 PM
how many people know where fife is lol?

VanHooliganX
10-25-2011, 10:14 PM
how many people know where fife is lol?

The place in Scotland?

VanHooliganX
10-26-2011, 11:10 AM

Sorry for just noticing your post :s
But i'm glad to of read to stayed til the end like a true fan. Also, thank you for having respect for the opponents. I know countless United fans who flame City because they're butthurt. Only 1 on EWN luckily :)

Also, to stay on topic with this.
Vancouver Canucks - Seasons over already at this rate. Can't even beat the Oilers. 37 shots - 2 goals to the Oilers 22 shots - 3 goals. WTF!

Sully
10-26-2011, 11:14 AM
The Steel Curtain came crashing down on a team that should have never gone to Superbowl 43. Now all we have to do is pray that we can handle New England and Baltimore.

Dr. Death
10-27-2011, 10:36 PM
The Steel Curtain came crashing down on a team that should have never gone to Superbowl 43. Now all we have to do is pray that we can handle New England and Baltimore.

Being a Steelers fan myself, I have to agree with your train of thought here. So I quoted for truth.

VanHooliganX
11-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Canucks - Up and down yet again. When they win, they play like the Canucks. When they lose, they play like the Blue Jackets. They're like a yo-yo this season.
Man City - Won in europe and did enough to beat QPR. I'll take that.
Jags - Bye week. Colts lost so we're still nowhere near last.

No-one else played thanks to the NBA BS.

Tomsta666
11-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Boro won 1-0 at home to watford and were quite fortunate, given there more than a hint of offside with the goal. No complaining though, thats two wins on the spin, still sat pretty up in third. One point of West Ham in second, 5 points off southhampton at the top.

U T B ! ! !

Wade Barrett 1979
11-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Drew with fecking Swansea at fecking Anfield! Couldn't go to this match, as I had family commitments, they missed my lucky charms! :p

VanHooliganX
11-12-2011, 02:23 AM
Canucks - Season officially over. After 12 bloody games too. Unless they get there head playing as well as they can we won't make the play-offs whatsoever.
Suns - Looking like this whole NBA season is off so no point even thinking about it this year...I was looking forward to it as well :(

This weekend I have Jacksonville Jaguars and England FC playing against Spain...Hopefully they just play well...Awful week

Juvenile Junkie
11-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Drew with fecking Swansea at fecking Anfield! Couldn't go to this match, as I had family commitments, they missed my lucky charms! :p

I hope you go to Anfield when Torres comes to town,the crowd atmosphere could be fun.

VanHooliganX
11-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Canucks - Season officially over. After 12 bloody games too. Unless they get there head playing as well as they can we won't make the play-offs whatsoever.
Suns - Looking like this whole NBA season is off so no point even thinking about it this year...I was looking forward to it as well :(

This weekend I have Jacksonville Jaguars and England FC playing against Spain...Hopefully they just play well...Awful week

STFU Van!
Because England and the Jags won! Awesome! :D
The week has ended on a high :)

Now if only Canucks can sort there BS out

Wade Barrett 1979
11-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Not a bad weekend for England, won at Footy, Rugger and F1!!

Juvenile Junkie
11-14-2011, 12:52 AM

Heineken Cup/Challenge Cup?

Wade Barrett 1979
11-14-2011, 03:13 AM
Heineken Cup/Challenge Cup?

Yes?!?!?!?

Tomsta666
11-14-2011, 03:30 AM

You think Hamilton would of still won, if Vettel had never span out? ;) Whatever though, it was nice to see him get another win on the board. One more race left, and if he wins again, he can leap-frog above Webber and Alonso. Provided Button also comes up with the goods and even though they never took first place in both standings it would still be a pretty successful season for Mclaren and the 2 Brit drivers!!

Wade Barrett 1979
11-14-2011, 03:50 AM
You think Hamilton would of still won, if Vettel had never span out? ;) Whatever though, it was nice to see him get another win on the board. One more race left, and if he wins again, he can leap-frog above Webber and Alonso. Provided Button also comes up with the goods and even though they never took first place in both standings it would still be a pretty successful season for Mclaren and the 2 Brit drivers!!

Oh not a chance in hell but you take what you can! The same as the footy, if that was a competitive game we'd have been annihilated by Spain!!

Juvenile Junkie
11-14-2011, 06:00 AM
Yes?!?!?!?

who's your team??

Juvenile Junkie
11-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Oh not a chance in hell but you take what you can! The same as the footy, if that was a competitive game we'd have been annihilated by Spain!!

Ya they probably wouldn't have taken off Iniesta,Casillas and Xavi.they probably would have never played Sergio Ramos @ Cb,Arbeloa(is it me or does playing for Real Madrid make this guy look good?) or Jordi Alba.They might have brought on Llorrente instead of Torres,Silva behind Villa,doesn't work.

BUT,their substitutions backfired big time,those players had shockers,nobody came on and made you say "shame,in any other country,he would be a starter".And at every tournament,there is always 1 game that gets influenced by bad or exellent tactical substitutions,Spain's substitutes were not at their best.

On the other hand,Scott Parker,Jagielka,for guys who barely have any Champions League experience,where stars.

Scott Parker should have been sent off! that tackle on Sergio Ramos was ridiculous,does he not know its wrong to tackle girls?

And Wembley boooooooooood Torres,every time he touched the ball,which was like 3 times in 30 minutes,despite most of that time being played in the England half,he reminds me of some of those Brazillian players who have a few good seasons and the capitulate unceremoneously.

Like Gabriel Marcotti said about Italy's 2-1 win over Spain,also in a friendly: a win is a win.

A win over the World Champs is a win,take it in any way shape or form.

Tomsta666
11-14-2011, 06:30 AM
A win over the World Champs is a win, take it in any way shape or form.

Damn straight!! Everyone of my mates who i've spoke to have all had the "hmmmph! It was only a friendly" attitude. So what? Spain had a full strength side out, and England were barely a second string team. A win is a win!

And if beating the current European and World champions going into a major tournament doesn't instill a bit of confidence, I don't think anything will. It's a shame really, that the majority of England fans are all eternal pessimists :( They'd soon change their tune if we did win something though! :cool:

VanHooliganX
11-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Damn straight!! Everyone of my mates who i've spoke to have all had the "hmmmph! It was only a friendly" attitude. So what? Spain had a full strength side out, and England were barely a second string team. A win is a win!

And if beating the current European and World champions going into a major tournament doesn't instill a bit of confidence, I don't think anything will. It's a shame really, that the majority of England fans are all eternal pessimists :( They'd soon change their tune if we did win something though! :cool:

Exactly. How anyone can take a 1-0 against SPAIN and think its a negative is beyond me.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-14-2011, 08:08 AM

I think the number of fans who take too much from this win FAR outweigh those who err on the cautious side! After winning the grand total if fuck all in 45 years, are you surprised there is a lot of pessimism?!

VanHooliganX
11-14-2011, 08:14 AM
I think the number of fans who take too much from this win FAR outweigh those who err on the cautious side! After winning the grand total if fuck all in 45 years, are you surprised there is a lot of pessimism?!

I'd hate to be a Chicago Cubs fan then. They're 100+ years haha

But I see what you're saying :)

Tomsta666
11-14-2011, 08:28 AM

lulz! And that's always the standard response!! :p

Look at Spains recent success story, they were always the nearly men. Always had a solid side, but never really amounted to anything.The only honour they had was a Euros win in the 60's. (Slightly familiar? ;)) They've sure as hell turned that around in the 00's now haven't they?

If Spain have turn around their misfortunes, I'm sure England can do the same!!

Now then, I don't think that i'm reading far too much into that win. It has got me thinking though that maybe, just maybe Euro 2012 could be a good tournament?

I can only live in hope!! Three Lions on my chest and all that! :cool:

Pumpkinhead
11-14-2011, 08:52 AM

Look at Spains recent success story, they were always the nearly men. Always had a solid side, but never really amounted to anything.The only honour they had was a Euros win in the 60's. (Slightly familiar? ;)) They've sure as hell turned that around in the 00's now haven't they?

Now then, I don't think that i'm reading far too much into that win. It has got me thinking though that maybe, just maybe Euro 2012 could be a good tournament?

Yes England can do it, now with a solid bease of young playes like Rodwell, Jones, Welbek, Adam Johnson, and diving master Walcott, look at Spain, it requires young lads and tons of hard work in forming a style

Pumpkinhead
11-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Exactly. How anyone can take a 1-0 against SPAIN and think its a negative is beyond me.

My country is playing Spain after that loss and well I'm pretty sure that they are coming for revenge so We'll be destroyed even if I hope not, so yeah how someone could see it as a bad result?

68wPayne
11-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Pretty good, my Saints won in OT

Wade Barrett 1979
11-14-2011, 09:04 AM

The difference with Spain is, that they revamped their entire football system! From grass roots, through the development of youngsters, through every stage of their development right up to playing for major clubs, if they are good enough! England need to do this! We need to start from scratch again, like Spain had the bollocks to! Until there is a major overhaul, there will be no changes! Our kids coming through, just aren't good enough! I'm a realist and I realise how deeply England's problems run!!

Here's a little stat for you: Number of UEFA A and Pro Licence coaches in England: Just over 1000. Number of same coaches in Spain: 15,000+
Says a lot really!

Also, since 1998 Spanish youth teams from 16 to Under-21's, have won 19 UEFA and FIFA Championships! In that time, England have won 1!!

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Guys,just be careful not to get too carried away.

Spain took Casillas,Xavi and Iniesta off @ halftime.
Experimented with Sergio Ramos @ CB
Tried non-first teamers Jordi Alba and Arbeloa at LB and RB
Used David Silva behind David Villa,and David Silva is definately no Pedro

And,for the cherry on top,unless high on cocaine,why the F$^&I** would anyone bring on Torres if needing a goal over Negredo,Llorrente or Soldado who are in more form?

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 09:50 AM
The difference with Spain is, that they revamped their entire football system! From grass roots, through the development of youngsters, through every stage of their development right up to playing for major clubs, if they are good enough! England need to do this! We need to start from scratch again, like Spain had the bollocks to! Until there is a major overhaul, there will be no changes! Our kids coming through, just aren't good enough! I'm a realist and I realise how deeply England's problems run!!

Here's a little stat for you: Number of UEFA A and Pro Licence coaches in England: Just over 1000. Number of same coaches in Spain: 15,000+
Says a lot really!

Also, since 1998 Spanish youth teams from 16 to Under-21's, have won 19 UEFA and FIFA Championships! In that time, England have won 1!!

wow,impressive.

Plus since 2004, 3 UCL and 4 UEFA cups @ club level,where (and here is where I think Spain,Italy and Germany have an advantage) at least 60% of the league are players eligable to play for Spain.

One thing that seems common in England which hopefully guys like Mourinho and AVB as well as Arrigo Sacchi prove wrong,the theory of great footballers becoming great managers,or any ex-footballer automatically is considered to be a better suited candidate for coaching than a non ex-player.

As Arrigo Sacchi once said: You don't need to be a racehorse to become a jockey.Very well put.

Juvenile Junkie
11-15-2011, 09:53 AM

Spain took Casillas,Xavi and Iniesta off @ halftime.
Experimented with Sergio Ramos @ CB
Tried non-first teamers Jordi Alba and Arbeloa at LB and RB
Used David Silva behind David Villa,and David Silva is definately no Pedro

And,for the cherry on top,unless high on cocaine,why the F$^&I** would anyone bring on Torres if needing a goal over Negredo,Llorrente or Soldado who are in more form?

Wade Barrett 1979
11-15-2011, 02:53 PM
We've got Chelski this weekend! We really need 3 points! Not going to be easy, with the way our last few performances have gone!!

Automatic
11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Damn the Germans slaughtered us. Like I expected.
No worries though, this squad is extremely tournament driven and I think we had some injuries.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-15-2011, 05:01 PM
No worries though, this squad is extremely tournament driven and I think we had some injuries.

What was the score, can't find it?!

Automatic
11-15-2011, 05:02 PM
What was the score, can't find it?!

3-0 für die Deutchers.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-15-2011, 05:05 PM
3-0 für die Deutchers.

That's quite surprising but as you say, you're a different prospect when it comes to actual competitive matches! I believe you and Germany are a very close second to Spain!!

Pumpkinhead
11-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Costa Rica national team manage to draw with the World Champion Spain, and they just score in the last minutes, we made SPAIN suffer!!, I'm a proud man today!!!!!

Steve Austin
11-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Spain drew 2-2 with Costa Rica, they had a very strong line up aswell, almost fielded their best possible team. Another win for England which is good to see as for Germany, I picked them as winners for Euro 2012 a few months back, I picked them for the World Cup aswell but they were a bit unlucky. There team is young and will be around for a while. The World Cup team was brilliant and with the addition of Gotze which has made them improve even more I can see them winning it.

Steve Austin
11-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Costa Rica national team manage to draw with the World Champion Spain, and they just score in the last minutes, we made SPAIN suffer!!, I'm a proud man today!!!!!

Ah I was writing when you did your post, didn't know there was anyone from CR on here, Joel Campbell seems a decent player, maybe he will give Arsenal a good striker post RVP. Great result for Costa Rica.

Pumpkinhead
11-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Ah I was writing when you did your post, didn't know there was anyone from CR on here, Joel Campbell seems a decent player, maybe he will give Arsenal a good striker post RVP. Great result for Costa Rica.

Thanks mate, for a country almost unknown in the football world, this is a big result, maybe one in a lifetime, if you look the stars that Spain lined up, we used what we had, team work, discipline, and spirit, shame we can't hold it to the end

Steve Austin
11-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks mate, for a country almost unknown in the football world, this is a big result, maybe one in a lifetime, if you look the stars that Spain lined up, we used what we had, team work, discipline, and spirit, shame we can't hold it to the end

Yeah I get ya. I went a little bit crazy when England beat Spain and people were saying England will win Euro 2012, I can only imagine how much national pride this has brought to football fans in Costa Rica maybe even the whole country. I have to ask one thing, are you a Paolo Wanchope fan? ;)

Pumpkinhead
11-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah I get ya. I went a little bit crazy when England beat Spain and people were saying England will win Euro 2012, I can only imagine how much national pride this has brought to football fans in Costa Rica maybe even the whole country. I have to ask one thing, are you a Paolo Wanchope fan? ;)

Of course man!!, he is a legend back here, the guy who scored aginst Brazil in the World Cup 2002 and vs Germany in 2006, not mention he had some very good years in England

Steve Austin
11-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Of course man!!, he is a legend back here, the guy who scored aginst Brazil in the World Cup 2002 and vs Germany in 2006, not mention he had some very good years in England

Yeah I remember watching him, I used to play a game called LMA which is a manager game, he was alright on there but I remember on LMA 2003 I was struggling with Man City, I had a good team and usually do well with them and he scored in a 1-0 win vs Arsenal which kept me up about 2 games before the season finished I think, good memories :)

Juvenile Junkie
11-16-2011, 02:18 AM

relax,it was only a friendly.

Juvenile Junkie
11-16-2011, 02:20 AM
Well Greece lost 3-1 @ home to Romania,but don't worry,it gets worse........

South Africa lost 2-1 to Zimbabwe!!

VanHooliganX
11-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Yeah I remember watching him, I used to play a game called LMA which is a manager game, he was alright on there but I remember on LMA 2003 I was struggling with Man City, I had a good team and usually do well with them and he scored in a 1-0 win vs Arsenal which kept me up about 2 games before the season finished I think, good memories :)

LMA Manager = God game of the manager games. Loved 2003 version with the highlights they'd give ya.

Pumpkinhead
11-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Also Uruguay beat Italy 1-0, The US beat Slovenia 3-2 and Argentina made a comeback against Colombia with goals from Messi and Aguero

Tommy Thunder
11-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Wales beat Norway 4-1 over the weekend. Excellent win for us, and it should give our ranking a much needed boost after beating an established side like Norway.
I honestly think that the current Welsh team at full strength would give England a good game, and on their day beat them. And I'm not saying that because I'm biased, I honestly think so.

Steve Austin
11-16-2011, 04:15 PM
LMA Manager = God game of the manager games. Loved 2003 version with the highlights they'd give ya.

Hell yeah! It's a shame the series died out, damn Football Manager for being so good!

VanHooliganX
11-20-2011, 06:00 PM
This thread should be stickied!

Anyway.

England - Beat Sweden. Woot! :D
Man City - Victorious this week again. Set a new Premier League win record too :)
Canucks - Dreadful week. Probably the week that cost us any chance of a play-off place :(
Jaguars - Defeat thanks to the Browns :(

50/50 week really :S

Wade Barrett 1979
11-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Only one that matters, to me: Chelsea 1 Liverpool 2!

Oh Yeah! :)

TheBeardOfZeus
11-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Wales beat Norway 4-1 over the weekend. Excellent win for us, and it should give our ranking a much needed boost after beating an established side like Norway.
I honestly think that the current Welsh team at full strength would give England a good game, and on their day beat them. And I'm not saying that because I'm biased, I honestly think so.

Wales could, but there is too many issues in defence for Wales to get an edge.

United won, although we should have by more against Swansea, and Chargers just lost a 5th in a row.

Robareid
11-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Liverpool got in a big win this weekend, I'm going to be in a good mood for a while

Wade Barrett 1979
11-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Liverpool got in a big win this weekend, I'm going to be in a good mood for a while

Didn't know you were a 'Pool fan too! Sweet :)

YNWA!!!

Robareid
11-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Didn't know you were a 'Pool fan too! Sweet :)

YNWA!!!

Yep, I've been a fan since I was 6 :) I don't get to see as many matches as I like, as living down south it's a long way to travel up to Liverpool, and I don't have sky :( Motd is usually all I get to see unless I get down the pub or it's not a league game

Wade Barrett 1979
11-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Yep, I've been a fan since I was 6 :) I don't get to see as many matches as I like, as living down south it's a long way to travel up to Liverpool, and I don't have sky :( Motd is usually all I get to see unless I get down the pub or it's not a league game

Sound! Yeah it's an hour and a half trip for me and I live in the Midlands!!

Good old MOTD!! :)

VanHooliganX
11-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Man City - Lost and drew so horrible week but i'll take the draw. Tough weeks ahead
Canucks - 2 shut outs and a win vs the Shorks(SJ Sharks) so great week. We're back in it :D
Suns - Been announced it begins against on x-mas :D yayz
Jags - Lost...again

Tomsta666
11-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Another fucking draw!! :mad: We should be hammering teams like Peterborough!
We're still in contention in fourth place, but that's 8 draws so far this season :(
We've got West Ham at home tommorow, a win there gets us well amongst it again!

UP THE BORO!!!

Juvenile Junkie
11-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Another fucking draw!! :mad: We should be hammering teams like Peterborough!
We're still in contention in fourth place, but that's 8 draws so far this season :(
We've got West Ham at home tommorow, a win there gets us well amongst it again!

UP THE BORO!!!

From beating Roma in the UEFA Cup semi's to a bad result Peterborough.What happened man?

Tommy Thunder
11-30-2011, 12:52 PM
United to demolish Palace tonight? :p

Juvenile Junkie
11-30-2011, 01:00 PM
United to demolish Palace tonight? :p

If you remember back to the 2004/05 season,Crystal Palace had a 0-0 draw with Man United.

The EPL that season was won buy a big spending team with foreign players and a foreign coach,financed by a foreign owner,so the omens are there for Palace to.......................get thumped.

VanHooliganX
12-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Man City - Played twice. Won twice. Can't be happier. Big week next week.
Canucks - Up and down still. Got a 5 game winning streak but then narrowly lost vs. the Preds 6-5 :( good game though, should've won but we're doing okay for now.
Jags - Play monday, last time we were on mondays we beat the Ravens by kicking XD Now thats football ;) So next week we'll play twice.

Note to self: Need to pick a Rugby team to support. Preferably League since i'm a Northerner.

Grind_Bastard
12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Barcelona got two wins (played a match against Rayo Vallecano that should take place when Barcelona is in the Teams World Cup or whatever they call it) and Valladolid draw 0-0 today.

VanHooliganX
12-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Man City - Out of the CL. But still in the EL I guess. Today we're against Chelsea so should win. Arsenal 6 days later I believe.
Canucks - 9 wins out of 10! Great wins all week! :D
Jaguars - Beat the Tampa Bay Bucs. Can't complain whatsoever.

TheBeardOfZeus
12-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Man City - Out of the CL. But still in the EL I guess. Today we're against Chelsea so should win. Arsenal 6 days later I believe.
Canucks - 9 wins out of 10! Great wins all week! :D
Jaguars - Beat the Tampa Bay Bucs. Can't complain whatsoever.

I couldn't believe the amount of points the Jags put up today, good win!

As for me, United won an easy 4-1 against Wolves, should have been more really.

And Chargers beat Buffalo 37-10, but then Denver go and win in OT again so we are still 2 games behind the top spot.

VanHooliganX
12-12-2011, 07:06 AM
I couldn't believe the amount of points the Jags put up today, good win!

As for me, United won an easy 4-1 against Wolves, should have been more really.

And Chargers beat Buffalo 37-10, but then Denver go and win in OT again so we are still 2 games behind the top spot.

Aye didn't think we'd win honestly. Thought with Del Rio sacked it would be a bad end but we started off pretty well. Good win for you as well :)

Tomsta666
12-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Boro won! 3 points on the board to make strides on the top two.
West Ham lost (GET IN!!) Southampton (top) and Cardiff (just above us) both drew,
so it was a good weekend of results for the Smog!!

Pretty sure i've already posted this in the Football thread, but whatever. I'm chuffed!! :p

See you back in the Premier League next season eh chaps?! :cool:

Wade Barrett 1979
12-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Win against Fulham! Relieved, as the supposed 'lower' teams, have been banana skins for us lately!!

Plus Spurs lost! :p

Grind_Bastard
12-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Valladolid tied 2-2, andguess who won "El Clásico" 1-3

VanHooliganX
12-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Canucks - lost to Blue Jackets
Jaguars - Beat Tampa Bay Bucs
City - Lost to Chelsea
Canucks - lost to Hurricanes
Jags - Lost to Falcons
Canucks - beat Maple Leafs
City - beat Arsenal

Overall meh week. Only just though. Hopefully next week will be better :)

Wade Barrett 1979
12-18-2011, 01:14 PM
2-0 away to Villa! Nice! :)

Steve Austin
12-18-2011, 01:17 PM
2-0 away to Villa! Nice! :)

Steve Austin likes this.

Tomsta666
12-18-2011, 01:24 PM
A hard fought, and fucking brilliant win away at Cardiff to close in on the top 2.

Premiership! We coming for you nigga!!

Grind_Bastard
12-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Valladolid won and it's 4th, Barça defeated Santos and they are "World champs" (if one can call them so)

VanHooliganX
12-25-2011, 12:10 AM
City - 3-0 vs. Stoke. Just gotta take every match 1 step at a time or Uniteds won it already.
Jaguars - Lost again to the Titans. Beat the Colts next week and I predict my 5-11 correctly though *fingers crossed*
Canucks - "Stay Classy Vancouver." BITCH WE INVENTED CLASS! U mad Wild? We're catching them fast along with the leaders who had 15 point head start. This is our year. I feel it, I really do. Who'se gunna stop us? The Oilers? XD
Suns - bad start to pre-season. But its regular season that matters.

VanHooliganX
01-01-2012, 03:50 PM
City - Did shit
Canucks - Overall okay but did shit last night
Suns - Did shit
Jaguars - MY SAVIOUR! I guessed 5-11 right for this season and we did it. Beat the Colts twice this season and saved me from this overall shitty week.

VanHooliganX
01-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Well I can't think of a better time to do this lol

Man City - Beat Liverpool 3-0. Lost to United in the FA Cup 3-2. Wank ref. We can all agree on that at least.
Canucks - YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!!!
We beat the Boston Bruins 4-3!!! I've waited 6 months for this!!! So happy :)

Suns - Meh week. Won a few and lost a few.

VanHooliganX
01-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Suns - Meh. Again. Beat the Celtics though on a horrible day for me.

Canucks - Meh for us. We can do better but doing okay.

City - Going well still. Liverpool is a must win but we'll see how that goes.

Rush - Lost to the Mammoth. Close game though and played quite well.

I have also adopted the NY Giants as a team for the next 2 weeks. Since Maggie was a fan.

Just beat the 49ers, now for the New England Pats.

Mtt08 xXx
01-22-2012, 11:35 PM
St Louis Blues- very well. i believe 7-0-1 since the new year? something like that

Mizzou Basketball- again, very well. wins over Texas A&M and Baylor. could be looking at a 2 or 3 overall ranking now

was rooting for every team except the Pats and Giants. that didnt work out too well

Tomsta666
01-23-2012, 03:13 AM
SHIT! That's how my team did this week :mad:

Finally starting to close in on the top two, and have now lost two games on the spin. Which has thrown the playoff positions wide open. We need consistency in this league, and it's staring to slip. Down to 4th and now Cardiff in 3rd have a 4 point cushion.

Hopefully we can bounce back with an excellent FA cup win up the road at Sunderland on Sunday.

Wade Barrett 1979
01-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Loss to Bolton, losing ground on the top 4! Even though we're the only team unbeaten at home, too many draws at home and losses to 'lower' teams, really affecting us!

VanHooliganX
02-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Been ages since I updated this but:

Vancouver Canucks - Top of the NHL! Right where we should be. Just need the Rangers to lose twice and we'll win the presidents trophy probably. Hopefully anyway.

Vancouver Whitecaps - Doing beast in friendlies. Not exactly playing hard competition but wins are wins.

Manchester City - Still top of the Premier League. Owned Blackburn 3-0 even though should've been more. United nearly fucked up but Norwich are useless.

Rugby Union - I'm stupidly undecided of who to pick as my Union team. Super 15 started so I'll check out those teams. Seems like a better league if I'm honest. Not many likeable teams in Aviva Premiership.

London Broncos - Doing absolute poop really. I hope we don't go down, cause 2nd division isn't televised much (if at all) so I won't be able to follow them properly. I have faith but I may need a different team in the meantime which will suck balls. I don't exactly want to be forced to change teams when I've just started to watch them. This is why American sports system is better. You can't fall like certain clubs do.
Loving that Catalan are top though XD

Phoenix Suns - Meh week when we played. We're easily not making the play-offs this season but hopefully we can build for next season.

Edmonton Rush - Won our 2nd match. Just gotta stay a head of Washington.

VanHooliganX
03-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Lordy lord! I forget March, April, May and June packs more sports in then any month ever! @_@

England FC - Lost 2-3 to the Dutch. Even though that was 1 of their strongest possible teams and our average age was 25-ish

Manchester City - 2-0 vs Bolton. Got Sporting CP next. Should be okay *fingers crossed*

Vancouver Whitecaps - Still doing friendlies. Going well though

Vancouver Canucks - Doing okay. The Rangers are 5 points ahead so we need to have them fuck up. But Kassian is a tough bastard so we should be good. I'll miss Hodgson :(

Milwaukee Brewers - Starting friendlies but trainings going well according to their FB page. I hope they're not just saying that. I'd like us to dominate at home again like last year.

Phoenix Suns - Meh week. Haven't fallen back anymore but not caught up so still not expecting much sadly

Edmonton Rush - Face Calgary Roughnecks back-to-back. Must wins or Washington are going to catch up

London Broncos - Not going to lie. Going absolutely awful. Yet to win. Thank god for Widnes. I'm dreading the day we face them.

Fremantle Dockers - Doing really well in friendlies.

Kansas City Command - Starts this week but we miss the first week. Hopefully we do okay this year

Incidentally that's all my teams except Jacksonville Jaguars lol

VanHooliganX
03-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Considering an absolute shit-ton of my teams have played in the last 24 hours. Let's do the last 24 hours!

Manchester City - Just managed to pull off a comeback and draw 3-3 vs Sunderland. Basically lost the Premier League now like...

Vancouver Canucks - Won 5-2 against Dallas Stars

Milwaukee Brewers - Won 10-7 vs. San Diego Padres

Vancouver Whitecaps - 0-0 away from home vs. Philly Union. I'll take that.

Frementle Dockers - Won 105 - 101 against Geelong Cats

London Broncos - 36-0 against Wakefield Wildcats

Kansas City Command - Lost 56 - 28 against Arizona Rattlers. 0-3 now and we're 1 of the worst teams around :S Quite painful to watch them at times

Exeter Chiefs - 19-11 vs London Irish

THE Stormers - 20-17 against the Northern Bulls!

Canucks and the Rush play later tonight but excluding the stupidly bad KCC, all of my teams that played avoided defeat. Not bad :)

VanHooliganX
04-06-2012, 06:20 AM
Phoenix Suns - 1 game away from the 7th/8th teams.

Exeter Chiefs - Out of the Challenge Cup :(

Vancouver Canucks - Lost so basically Rangers just have to win the last match and they win it...Annoying as hell.

Delhi Daredevils - Won 1st match

London Broncos - Lost again...

VanHooliganX
05-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Manchester City - Kinda won the Premier League! ;D City never do anything easy but great achievement.

Edmonton Rush - Done amazing. THE Cinderella story this year in sports. In the final of the Champions Cup and hopefully we can do the impossible!

London Broncos - Went out of the Challenge Cup in the quarters. I'll be honest, I've struggled to even get behind them but the match vs Bradford Bulls got me involved more. Shame we choked but I can stay with them easily. My Jags of English Sports.

THE Stormers - Still winning :) Bulls overtook us though :S

Exeter Chiefs - Decent ending to our season, could've been grander but I'll not complain :D

Delhi Daredevils - Looking like we're going to qualify for the play-offs! :D

VanHooliganX
07-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Every summer team ever excluding the Stormers - Didn't win. *Another evil stare at the Brewers, followed by twitching in the eye*

Rehmix
07-05-2012, 09:33 PM
I can kinda do a little blurb on my teams from these past few weeks

Seattle Mariners - Not many nice things to say about the team, Last in the AL West, but the upside is King Felix was selected to another All-Star team

Charlotte Bobcats - Nice draft picking up easily the second best pick in the Draft with MKG, and a nice second round pick. Also got Ben Gordon and a future first round pick. Hope we can pick someone up in Free Agency, but it seem unlikely.

Carolina Hurricanes - Got a lovely deal that gave us Jordan Staal, giving Eric Staal more of a reason to stay. This really gives us another star player, and someone who can make an immediate impact next year.

Carolina Panthers - Not much happening, tis the off season. It seems training camp is going well and everyone is healthy.

Portland Timbers - Well not much to say here. They are decent at home, but can't win a game at away (0-5-2). However we did win this week against San Jose who is at the top of our conference, so that is good I guess. Man, being 17 points back suck!

I think those are all the teams.

VanHooliganX
09-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Let's us spice this thread up. Now you must do reaction photos to how well your teams did.

How well did your teams do:

England: http://cl.jroo.me/z3/C/2/Y/d/a.baa-Try-to-deal-with-it.jpg

Brewers: http://files.sharenator.com/mother_of_god-s233x249-341301.jpg

Freo Dockers: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/106/887/backpain-1292835351.jpg

NY Liberty: http://www.imageleech.net/data/media/1/feelsbadman.jpg

Amerinaine
09-08-2012, 10:21 PM
My teams: Well the Chicago Cubs...........I rather not talk about it. Think Katie Vick.

Dallas Cowboys, they won. I'm happy.

Tomsta666
09-09-2012, 04:37 AM
England rollover Moldova!!
(^ Genuine headline in the Sun)

http://indiegameschannel.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Rock-of-Ages.jpg

Shaz11
09-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Well. England were lucky enough not to be put in jail after raping Moldova.

Y2Jryder
09-09-2012, 01:33 PM
LOL, it's Moldova guys, get a grip:p

Shaz11
09-09-2012, 01:36 PM

What? I only said that we raped Moldova, jheeze.

Tomsta666
09-09-2012, 01:59 PM

Shut up you gobshite! :p I don't give a shit who it was. A 5-0 World Cup qualifier win is a 5-0 win! Just cos there are more English here than you freeky deeky Dutch! If it was the Netherlands you'd be buzzing too! :rolleyes:

Y2Jryder
09-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Shut up you gobshite! :p I don't give a shit who it was. A 5-0 World Cup qualifier win is a 5-0 win! Just cos there are more English here than you freeky deeky Dutch! If it was the Netherlands you'd be buzzing too! :rolleyes:

Lol I won't be buzzing if we won 5-0 against Moldova, just like I didn't do it when we won against San Marino last year with 11-0, just because it doesn't say anything at all

Tomsta666
09-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Lol I won't be buzzing if we won 5-0 against Moldova, just like I didn't do it when we won against San Marino last year with 11-0, just because it doesn't say anything at all

Well, you fucking miserable bastard! :rolleyes:

magglis
09-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Moldova its like fucking Brazil to San Marino

magglis
09-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Moldova its like fucking Brazil to San Marino
But the 5-0 victory wasn't that impressive

Tomsta666
09-09-2012, 03:54 PM
What's the world coming too if you can't enjoy your team winning.
I don't give a fuck if we beat a sunday league pub team...
We still won 5-0 and i'm going to enjoy it. Thanks!! :cool: ;)

magglis
09-09-2012, 03:56 PM
What's the world coming too if you can't enjoy your team winning.
I don't give a fuck if we beat a sunday league pub team...
We still won 5-0 and i'm going to enjoy it. Thanks!! :cool: ;)
That's the best thing your country can do;)

VanHooliganX
09-09-2012, 03:59 PM

But the 5-0 victory wasn't that impressive

Both of you need to either shut up or stay on topic in this thread seriously. If your teams didn't play, don't post.

England won 5-0 against Moldova. Perhaps surprising to you that the English members of EWN support England. So don't be surprised they put England won 5-0 in a thread about how your teams did.

5-0 is a destructive scoreline regardless if any team does it against Spain or the Faroe Islands. Hence why people put that.

Jesus Christ...

Tomsta666
09-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Well. At least we never got spanked by Albania, or struggled against the mighty Latvia :rolleyes:

Y2Jryder
09-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Well, you fucking miserable bastard! :rolleyes:That was probably the best reaction possible:p

magglis
09-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Well. At least we never got spanked by Albania, or struggled against the mighty Latvia :rolleyes:
At least we don't have world class players in our teams

Y2Jryder
09-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Both of you need to either shut up or stay on topic in this thread seriously. If your teams didn't play, don't post.

England won 5-0 against Moldova. Perhaps surprising to you that the English members of EWN support England. So don't be surprised they put England won 5-0 in a thread about how your teams did.

5-0 is a destructive scoreline regardless if any team does it against Spain or the Faroe Islands. Hence why people put that.

Jesus Christ...
But the English always sound like they won the world cup, but in reality they just won against Moldova. Fair play to them and of course they can enjoy it, but it's a little weird too all the 'foreigners here':p

magglis
09-09-2012, 04:04 PM

Jesus Christ...
Oh Van how cute trying to stop us derailing this thread

Y2Jryder
09-09-2012, 04:05 PM
They are the new Ireland:p

magglis
09-09-2012, 04:08 PM
They are the new Ireland:p
They never did anything good

Y2Jryder
09-09-2012, 04:09 PM
They never did anything good

So what?:p they still celebrate every game like they won the world cup, even if the're losing:D

magglis
09-09-2012, 04:10 PM
So what?:p they still celebrate every game like they won the world cup, even if the're losing:D
They even celebrate when they lose 4-0

Shaz11
09-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't really see what you're on about anyway. All I stated was that England raped Moldova. I never went crazy about it and said "Oh shit! I can't believe we've beaten Moldova! Holy crap! We're the best!" Jheeze.

Y2Jryder
09-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't really see what you're on about anyway. All I stated was that England raped Moldova. I never went crazy about it and said "Oh shit! I can't believe we've beaten Moldova! Holy crap! We're the best!" Jheeze.

Relax it's all about the banter:D (yeah wrong thread I know:p)

magglis
09-09-2012, 04:16 PM
We are just trying to make you mad

VanHooliganX
09-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Relax it's all about the banter:D (yeah wrong thread I know:p)

We are just trying to make you mad

Not a banter thread. Take it somewhere else if you wish it to be considered banter.

Shaz11
09-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Not a banter thread. Take it somewhere else if you wish it to be considered banter.

Exactly. If you wanna banter, than take it to the other thread.

magglis
09-09-2012, 04:20 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/22497539.jpg

Y2Jryder
09-09-2012, 04:22 PM

Exactly. If you wanna banter, than take it to the other thread.

Sorry, old habits:D

magglis
09-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Sorry, old habits:D
I'm gonna leave and i will never come back

Jay T
09-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Hahahaha the two stooges of the EWN trying to slag off the English for getting behind England yet one of them supports whoever wins the league in all countries and the other one watches football in a league where the game is so slow that they only manage to fit 10 mins of action into every 90mins.:p

Love you're double act though its so cute:cool:

magglis
09-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Hahahaha the two stooges of the EWN trying to slag off the English for getting behind England yet one of them supports whoever wins the league in all countries and the other one watches football in a league where the game is so slow that they only manage to fit 10 mins of action into every 90mins.:p

Love you're double act though its so cute:cool:
So,in other words,you mad too:cool:

Y2Jryder
09-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm gonna leave and i will never come back

I'm not going to use the words "Greece" "no money" and "can't afford a computer" because you and Shaz will get mad at me:D

magglis
09-09-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm not going to use the words "Greece" "no money" and "can't afford a computer" because you and Shaz will get mad at me:D
What's the point of using this now this is a thread about"How well did your teams do this week?":rolleyes:

Y2Jryder
09-09-2012, 04:46 PM
What's the point of using this now this is a thread about"How well did your teams do this week?":rolleyes:

You said you would leave and never come back, I thought you would sell your computer and can't come back to the EWN

magglis
09-09-2012, 04:49 PM
You said you would leave and never come back, I thought you would sell your computer and can't come back to the EWN
Don't be that Dutch, man

magglis
09-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh i meant to say,don't be that stupid

VanHooliganX
09-13-2012, 11:06 PM
England - http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS75xn98KEEsOrjvehY7QCLIp_MIfDLl Xrkj2y2LG1-11ZJDsErQW3u-q2Q

NY Liberty and Brewers - http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m04pqqWQrX1qbm82f.gif

Kansas City Command - http://1oothings.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/rest_in_peace.gif?w=595

...I'm going to struggle to get a minor league gridiron team :(

VanHooliganX
12-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Kansas City Command -http://1oothings.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/rest_in_peace.gif?w=595

...I'm going to struggle to get a minor league gridiron team :(

I miss you :'(

Christ, been a while since I bumped this but:

Exeter Chiefs - :D

First H-Cup win over Scarlets. Owned them for the majority until they got a try and then just scraped through at the end. First ever win :cool:

VanHooliganX
04-20-2013, 10:37 PM
In a fucking god awful mood.

Not this week but let's do today shall we. I.E last 4 hours

I've watched or are watching all my teams tonight and this' what has happened:

Frementle Dockers - lost
Milwaukee Brewers - won

Aaaand past 4 hours:

Vancouver Whitecaps - lost 2-0 to an overrated offense and horrible defence that is FC Dallas...
Edmonton Rush - lost to the Roughnecks in OT to lose not only the division but home advantage for the play-offs...
Windy City Wildfire - Lost 21-20 to Madison Radicals who're probably going to go on a great run now...
Vancouver Canucks - Drawing 1-1 against a very bad Detroit Red Wings...

I really don't expect a lot off of most of these teams, but Jesus Christ I'd like someone I stay up for to get the job done...

VanHooliganX
05-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Manchester City.
Enough said.

AshleyPunk
05-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Manchester City.
Enough said.

sad face :(

Out played, so congrats Wigan

Grind_Bastard
05-11-2013, 02:08 PM
My hometown team, Real Valladolid, mathematically stays one more year at La Liga.

VanHooliganX
05-29-2013, 11:46 PM
Vancouver Whitecaps:

http://images.4chan.org/sp/src/1369889030631.jpg