PDA

View Full Version : What a dazzling footballing performance

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 09:35 AM
wow,amazing,stunning,breath taking,iconic,historic,awesome,dynamic,exemplorary .One of the greatest team performances ever,orchastrated by an Italian master tactician,it will go down as one of the most historic days ever.The African continent's best midfielder gave a masterclass.

This afternoon saw one of the greatest footballing performances of the season.

Nobody would have seen it coming 3 years ago

AC Milan came back from 3-nil down to win four three at Lecce.Kevin Prince Boateng scored a hattrick within 14 minutes of coming on.

wow.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Nearly as good as Liverpool coming from 3 0 down in Istanbul!! :)

Automatic
10-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Doný you think you are just a bit overexaggerating?

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Nearly as good as Liverpool coming from 3 0 down in Istanbul!! :)

Nothing beats that,maybe 1999,but not much comes close to 2005.

just imagine if they had scores an equalizer in 2007,and the game had gone to extra time,that would have been interesting,and possibly carear saving for Rafa Benitez.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 10:05 AM

just imagine if they had scores an equalizer in 2007,and the game had gone to extra time,that would have been interesting,and possibly carear saving for Rafa Benitez.

There's a very good possibility but Liverpool were second best for most of that game! Liverpool were lucky to score 1, to be honest!!

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Inzaghi wasn't even in the match 18 in 2005,left out for Jon Dahl Thomason,scored 2 goals in 2007........Pipo,Pipo,Pipo

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Inzaghi wasn't even in the match 18 in 2005,left out for Jon Dahl Thomason,scored 2 goals in 2007........Pipo,Pipo,Pipo

Well that's Ancelotti for you!

Anyway, I stopped watching Serie A in 2006, it just didn't feel right watching a bunch of corruption riddled charlatans!!!

VanHooliganX
10-23-2011, 10:35 AM

Manchester City vs. (United today? NAA!) Gillingham football league 1 play-off final
2-0 down. 90th minute 2-1
2-1 down. 94th minute 2-2!
Extra time. End to end drama.
City win on penalties.
The match that made City/football of today. We'd of done a Wimbledon otherwise.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Manchester City vs. (United today? NAA!).

I think that was the point of this thread, as it was just after the UTD v City game!

As I say though, I stopped watching Serie A in 2006, I just don't think it's right to watch corruption riddled, charlatan football clubs who cheat!!

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Well that's Ancelotti for you!

Anyway, I stopped watching Serie A in 2006, it just didn't feel right watching a bunch of corruption riddled charlatans!!!

Yes,Inter's role in that scandal alone is a joke.

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Manchester City vs. (United today? NAA!) Gillingham football league 1 play-off final
2-0 down. 90th minute 2-1
2-1 down. 94th minute 2-2!
Extra time. End to end drama.
City win on penalties.
The match that made City/football of today. We'd of done a Wimbledon otherwise.

Big clubs don't brag about beating Gillingham.Big clubs......

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Yes,Inter's role in that scandal alone is a joke.

Well unfortunately, after being a fan for years, Serie A as a whole is a joke to me now!!

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Well unfortunately, after being a fan for years, Serie A as a whole is a joke to me now!!

.Since that scandal broke,they've won 2 Champions League and a World Cup,makes you wonder what European football as a whole would be like if the scandal had never happened....

VanHooliganX
10-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Big clubs don't brag about beating Gillingham.Big clubs......

Incorrect.
Teams talk about there most important matches in there clubs history. Wrexham fans still brag about beating Arsenal in the FA Cup years ago. Barnsley brag about beating Chelsea and Liverpool in the FA Cup a few years ago.
Liverpool talk about Istanbul comeback.
United about the comeback against Munich.
Our most important match was when we hit rock bottom. 3rd tier football, nothing going right for us and we struggled to the season and got a play-off spot. We look to be stuck in tier 3 for another season, only to come back and get promotion.
We went onto being a premier league side.
Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcalona, AC Milan, Al-Ahly, Rangers or any major side has no idea what it's like to go down a division. Unsure if you're going to get another season with the big guns.
If we didn't win that match we wouldn't have Aguero or anyone like that. Today wouldn't of happened.
We can brag about being Gillingham because back then we weren't strong at all. They were the better team all season and for 89 minutes. Now we're a powerhouse like other teams and it hasn't just been given to us.

So we can brag about beating Gillingham. Just cause its not tier 1 doesn't mean it doesn't mean anything. Certain leagues haven't got shit over the Championship and Leagues 1 and 2.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 12:10 PM
.Since that scandal broke,they've won 2 Champions League and a World Cup,makes you wonder what European football as a whole would be like if the scandal had never happened....

To be honest, I don't think it would be too different!! Spain would still be dominant on the National scene and Barca would still be no.1, on the club scene!!

Pumpkinhead
10-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Maybe Barca will still be at top, but Milan was very powerful before the scandal and maybe would much more powerful than now if that never happened

pauadrian
10-23-2011, 12:18 PM
To be honest, I don't think it would be too different!! Spain would still be dominant on the National scene and Barca would still be no.1, on the club scene!!

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

man city barca and madrid are al about the money

Pumpkinhead
10-23-2011, 12:19 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

man city barca and madrid are al about the money

Barca had some financial problems recently, they are more about their youth system

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Barca had some financial problems recently, they are more about their youth system

The biggest advantage Barca and Real have, is negotiating their own tv deals!! Fair play to 'em!!

Pumpkinhead
10-23-2011, 12:23 PM
The biggest advantage Barca and Real have, is negotiating their own tv deals!! Fair play to 'em!!

Spot on, the two made 5 times more money in TV rights that Valencia or Atletico de Madrid

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Spot on, the two made 5 times more money in TV rights that Valencia or Atletico de Madrid

Plus they have no intention of spreading it more equally:

Story from Spanish paper:

Barca and Real Madrid dominate TV revenue in Spain and between them take over half the money paid out to clubs.

Rival Spanish clubs, such as Sevilla, have voiced their demands for a more equal share along the lines of what happens in England.

But whilst admitting that they could give more money out when the next deal starts in 2015, Barca vice-president Javier Faus confirmed that they would not be sharing it equally.

"There is an agreement in principle that the percentage needs to be restructured but not in the way that they [Sevilla and other clubs] want," Faus told Reuters following the opening of Barca's new youth academy residence.

"The difference is that in the last 50 years Barcelona and Real Madrid have always been the reference point for Spanish football, global powers in the world of football.

"This will be very difficult to change and we do not want to change it.

When it comes to Fair Play, Barca and Real don't have much consideration for the rest of the League! Over HALF the revenue goes to 2 teams!!!

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Maybe Barca will still be at top, but Milan was very powerful before the scandal and maybe would much more powerful than now if that never happened

JUVENTUS,remember them? Under Lippi and Capello they were a champion team.

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 03:02 PM

Barcelona's debt is linked to their other sports teams,not just football,its a sports club.

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 03:03 PM

Barca and Real Madrid dominate TV revenue in Spain and between them take over half the money paid out to clubs.

Rival Spanish clubs, such as Sevilla, have voiced their demands for a more equal share along the lines of what happens in England.

But whilst admitting that they could give more money out when the next deal starts in 2015, Barca vice-president Javier Faus confirmed that they would not be sharing it equally.

"There is an agreement in principle that the percentage needs to be restructured but not in the way that they [Sevilla and other clubs] want," Faus told Reuters following the opening of Barca's new youth academy residence.

"The difference is that in the last 50 years Barcelona and Real Madrid have always been the reference point for Spanish football, global powers in the world of football.

When it comes to Fair Play, Barca and Real don't have much consideration for the rest of the League! Over HALF the revenue goes to 2 teams!!!

Hi Mr.Scudamore

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 03:05 PM
JUVENTUS,remember them? Under Lippi and Capello they were a champion team.

Well that's what happens when you're a corrupt football club, who should have broken up and disbanded, along with the other clubs involved! Lucky for them however, UEFA and FIFA are just as bad!!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi Mr.Scudamore

Last time I checked, all the PL teams get equal pay from tv rights!

Hello Mr.Platini, have you handed you son any dodgy deals lately!!

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Well that's what happens when your a corrupt football club, who should have broken up and disbanded, along with the other clubs involved! Lucky for them however, UEFA and FIFA are just as bad!!

The scandal is STILL to this day being investigated,so innocent till proven guilty.

FIFA is not corrupt......................Sepp Blatter said so.

and how are UEFA corrupt? (i know what game will be mentioned,by lets see what happens)

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Last time I checked, all the PL teams get equal pay from tv rights!

Hello Mr.Platini, have you handed you son any dodgy deals lately!!

Well,I have just accepted a lovely bundle of cash to stage Euro2020 in Bahrain.Yep,no need to keep the tournament in Europe,Bahrain is more lucrative!!

Im also gonna give the 2018 Champions League to Luxembourg,who will pay me,and build a 300 person stadium for the final.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 03:20 PM
The scandal is STILL to this day being investigated,so innocent till proven guilty.

FIFA is not corrupt......................Sepp Blatter said so.

and how are UEFA corrupt? (i know what game will be mentioned,by lets see what happens)

Well I thought the clubs had been punished to a degree, so they have been proven guilty! I'm not sure what form of criminal law you're familiar with! It would have been more severe too, if UEFA wasn't so corrupt!! :)

Oh I see Sepp Blatter said so, so that means that must be the case! Hitler was a lovely bloke too...........Goering said so! :D

UEFA corruption; Google Platini and his son!!

You are my new favourite member of this forum, you're hilarious! :D

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 03:24 PM

And if you look at the UEFA Cup.4 spanish wins in 8 years,plus 1 runner up.More SF and QF finishes in those 8 years than any other leaue,now just imagine if those clubs had more TV money,how good they could be.Maybe not beating Barcelona 5-0,but maybe Champions League semis.

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 03:29 PM
I lost respect for UEFA when they gave the Bundesliga a 4th CL spot from Italy based on performances in the UEFA cup and Intertoto Cup,what a pathetic system.

Platini screwed the Champions League with his Champions and non-Champions sections of the UCL qualifying.I bet you Udinese,Ruben Kazan,Dinamo Kiev,FC Twente and Panathinaikos would have done better than Victoria Plzen,Bate Borisov,Genk,Galati.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 03:29 PM
And if you look at the UEFA Cup.4 spanish wins in 8 years,plus 1 runner up.More SF and QF finishes in those 8 years than any other leaue,now just imagine if those clubs had more TV money,how good they could be.Maybe not beating Barcelona 5-0,but maybe Champions League semis.

I love how you use the Mickey Mouse Cup to make a point! :D

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 03:30 PM
I lost respect for UEFA when they gave the Bundesliga a 4th CL spot from Italy based on performances in the UEFA cup and Intertoto Cup,what a pathetic system.

Platini screwed the Champions League with his Champions and non-Champions sections of the UCL qualifying.I bet you Udinese,Ruben Kazan,Dinamo Kiev,FC Twente and Panathinaikos would have done better than Victoria Plzen,Bate Borisov,Genk,Galati.

Ah you at least agree with me, that there's an idiot in charge of UEFA!

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I love how you use the Mickey Mouse Cup to make a point! :D

Mickey Mouse because English clubs aren't winning it?

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Ah you at least agree with me, that there's an idiot in charge of UEFA!

Even the President of Napoli has accused him of killing the UEFA Cup!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Mickey Mouse because English clubs aren't winning it?

Come on, even you with your blinkered view must agree it's an awful conpetition! Even if an English club had won it every year since it's inception, I would still rather do without it!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Even the President of Napoli has accused him of killing the UEFA Cup!

No great loss! As far as I'm concerned, they should just have the Champs League and that's it!!

Juvenile Junkie
10-23-2011, 03:38 PM
No great loss! As far as I'm concerned, they should just have the Champs League and that's it!!

too much history to throw away.They could do more to up its prestige.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
too much history to throw away.They could do more to up its prestige.

Still didn't stop them turning it in to the Europa League and pissing on that history!!

I don't think they can improve the prestige! The Champions League has become too big, it's the be all and end all of European Football now!!

Juvenile Junkie
10-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Still didn't stop them turning it in to the Europa League and pissing on that history!!

I don't think they can improve the prestige! The Champions League has become too big, it's the be all and end all of European Football now!!

what if the finalists qualify for the UCL? The problem is the Thursday nights.They need to rotate the Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursdays between the 2 competitions,have each team play 2 games on a Tuesday,2 on Wednesday,2 on Thursday for their 6 Matchday games in the group stages of the 2 competitions.

more prize money,less games(its the 1 complaint,there are too many games,bring back the Cup winner Cup would sort that problem out,less teams)