PDA

View Full Version : If the WWE was actually all real wrestling

URATOOL
10-22-2011, 05:15 AM
no predetermined results, no pulling punches, no fake moves and holds that don't hurt*. Who would hold the belts at the moment?

*essentially a wrestling only UFC style show.

Roy
10-22-2011, 05:33 AM
WHC- Big Show!
WWE- ADR !

Y2Jryder
10-22-2011, 05:37 AM
The best MMA fighter in the WWE??

URATOOL
10-22-2011, 05:58 AM

Which would be?

ELNIOJR
10-22-2011, 06:13 AM
But Wrestling is real...

Y2Jryder
10-22-2011, 06:22 AM

Don't know, didn't Del Rio had a MMA background?? The big show/mark henry also make a good chance.
And Rey mysterio never wins a match...

Y2Jryder
10-22-2011, 06:23 AM
But Wrestling is real...

It's still real to me!!!!!!!!!!!

URATOOL
10-22-2011, 06:25 AM
Don't know, didn't Del Rio had a MMA background?? The big show/mark henry also make a good chance.
And Rey mysterio never wins a match...

Maybe they'd need weight/size categories. Tyson Kidd would stand a good chance against other smaller guys.

TakerManiac
10-22-2011, 06:40 AM
on the current Roster Taker has the biggest MMA backgorund but he's too old for it now

URATOOL
10-22-2011, 06:51 AM
on the current Roster Taker has the biggest MMA backgorund but he's too old for it now

Has he ever had an MMA fight? Or is he just a fan?

cancron
10-22-2011, 07:07 AM
I think you're leaving out Swagger. His NCAA history means he could do some real damage in the ring. I thought ADR only had one MMA match?

Plus Wade Barret and his bare knuckle boxing history. Now there is a guy who could take out most of the guys in the back.

The Brown One
10-22-2011, 07:27 AM
I'd say The Big Show, Wade Barrett and The Undertaker would be in a high position. They can all actually fight, not just wrestle.

eboy
10-22-2011, 07:32 AM
I think you're leaving out Swagger. His NCAA history means he could do some real damage in the ring. I thought ADR only had one MMA match?

Plus Wade Barret and his bare knuckle boxing history. Now there is a guy who could take out most of the guys in the back.
i am pretty sure thats just a Storyline thing

Look not everybody in the UK fights on the Street! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wade_Barrett)

mkjah22
10-22-2011, 07:46 AM
ADR, Big Show, Barret, Swagger. Taker maybe 5 to 10 yrs ago but not now, come on, he nearly broke his neck at WM this year. If we're breaking this down into weight classes then surely daniel bryan with his aggressive style would be a good bet against the smaller guys.

What about Jericho, i cant make my mind up on him? Hes undoubtedly an extrodinary technical wrestler with good strikes. As a big fan of his id like to think his experience would put him in a good position too, if he got one of those submissions locked in then in reality you wouldnt escape until u tapped.

mkjah22
10-22-2011, 07:51 AM

Look not everybody in the UK fights on the Street! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wade_Barrett)

Im pretty sure your right on this (UK here too), but im sure i have heard his true story isnt too dissimilar, just it was proper boxing, was it in a mag interview i read this or the UK sun? i'll try find it.

alexrules01
10-22-2011, 08:01 AM
CM Punk would probably do alright, with his Muay Thai background.

Also Santino, he trained in Judo and did MMA in Japan

I bet a lot of them can actually 'fight' and have many different backgrounds, hard to say who would come out on top. but with Big Show being his size plus doing boxing, I feel he would have the best chance.

Lucha_Libre
10-22-2011, 08:08 AM
ADR, Big Show, Barret, Swagger. Taker maybe 5 to 10 yrs ago but not now, come on, he nearly broke his neck at WM this year. If we're breaking this down into weight classes then surely daniel bryan with his aggressive style would be a good bet against the smaller guys.

What about Jericho, i cant make my mind up on him? Hes undoubtedly an extrodinary technical wrestler with good strikes. As a big fan of his id like to think his experience would put him in a good position too, if he got one of those submissions locked in then in reality you wouldnt escape until u tapped.

I agree with Jericho - at least for his weight class, If you read undisputed you would know that he took down Goldberg and was easily winning the fight before it was broken up

Poot-Hair
10-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Hornswaggle for the muhfukkin' win....

Dr. Death
10-22-2011, 08:13 AM

Jack Swagger attended the University of Oklahoma as a two-sport athlete, participating in both football and wrestling. He switched to wrestling full-time in his sophomore year, and in 2006, set the record for most pins in a season with 30 as an All-American. Also Wade Barrett was a bareknuckle boxer while living in Liverpool. Not just a storyline, just saying...
Also, the Undertaker is just an avid boxing and mma fan and has never fought mma before - for the person who asked about it.

My personal picks would be:

1. Big Show - sheer size and strength

2. Wade Barrett - Bare knuckles Champion/ boxing skills

3. Daniel Bryan - I know he's small, but he trained with Randy Couture

4. Jack Swagger - actual pure wrestling ability

5. Mark Henry - Did win the Arnold Classic Strongman Competition in 2002; a 1992 Olympian (placing 10th) at Barcelona, Spain in the super heavyweight division - (weightlifting); a silver medal winner in the super heavyweight division in the 1995 Pan American Games; in 1996 a North America, Central America, Caribbean Islands (NACACI) champion; and was trained by former Canadian professional wrestlers Stu and Bret Hart and Leo Burke.

VanHooliganX
10-22-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm gunna go with the Big Show. Probably the dude i'd never want to majorly piss off.
Can't imagine how painful a punch to the jaw is from him.

rss3004
10-22-2011, 08:52 AM
I heard D.H.Smith was training for MMA and is supposed to be quite good (assuming he was still with WWE)

Dr Vries
10-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Daniel Bryan
CM PUNK
DH Smith
Alberto Del Rio
William Regal

Those 5 would probably do very well in a "real" wrestling/fighting organization.

rss3004
10-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Anyone with decent body strength and submission skills could win. So it'll be guys who deserve to be pushed, ie Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, Wade Barrett and Jack Swagger. Maybe even Mason Ryan, seeing his size.

Y2J___Y2J
10-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Obviously Big Show.. Wasn't he trying to become a boxer there for a while?!?
ADR has a MMA background too..
Daniel Bryan - if there were different weight-classes

mika009
10-22-2011, 12:26 PM
After looking at everyones answers, bascally anyone who hasn't broken in and been trained by WWE.

Mr. McMahon
10-22-2011, 12:35 PM
I am gonna throw this one in... Stone Cold and The Rock in their prime, The Rock is a pretty big guy, he was 280 lbs in his prime and was also a football player. Austin too was a football player and was over 250 lbs in his prime.

I would also add Kane in his prime, Brock Lesnar said that Kane was the strongest guy in the locker room and he was the only guy that Brock couldn't beat in an arm wrestling contest. I am sure no one would wanna fuck with Kane in his prime, circa 1999

thetheme
10-22-2011, 12:55 PM
The miz would get nowhere.

eboy
10-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Im pretty sure your right on this (UK here too), but im sure i have heard his true story isnt too dissimilar, just it was proper boxing, was it in a mag interview i read this or the UK sun? i'll try find it.

Oh OK Broski :)

Jack Swagger attended the University of Oklahoma as a two-sport athlete, participating in both football and wrestling. He switched to wrestling full-time in his sophomore year, and in 2006, set the record for most pins in a season with 30 as an All-American. Also Wade Barrett was a bareknuckle boxer while living in Liverpool. Not just a storyline, just saying...
Also, the Undertaker is just an avid boxing and mma fan and has never fought mma before - for the person who asked about it.

My personal picks would be:

1. Big Show - sheer size and strength

2. Wade Barrett - Bare knuckles Champion/ boxing skills

3. Daniel Bryan - I know he's small, but he trained with Randy Couture

4. Jack Swagger - actual pure wrestling ability

5. Mark Henry - Did win the Arnold Classic Strongman Competition in 2002; a 1992 Olympian (placing 10th) at Barcelona, Spain in the super heavyweight division - (weightlifting); a silver medal winner in the super heavyweight division in the 1995 Pan American Games; in 1996 a North America, Central America, Caribbean Islands (NACACI) champion; and was trained by former Canadian professional wrestlers Stu and Bret Hart and Leo Burke.

Am Boxer maybe but no way Bare Knuckle fighter there is no such thing in the UK (we call it Saturday Night with the Boys Lol) its a Storyline thing to make him seem tougher!

rss3004
10-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Wonder what would have happened to the cruiserweights?

rss3004
10-22-2011, 01:49 PM
If the WWE was actually all real wrestling, then SuperCena would not exist.

The Hit Man
10-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Big Show would be undefeated.

wrestlingfan66513
10-22-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd like to say Kozlov if he was still there. But Big Show and ADR are reasonable guesses.

For TNA, Kurt Angle all the way, maybe Matt Morgan and Gunner (military background).

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-22-2011, 02:52 PM
no predetermined results, no pulling punches, no fake moves and holds that don't hurt*. Who would hold the belts at the moment?

*essentially a wrestling only UFC style show.

Then it wouldn't be wrestling it would be UFC.

jordan1995
10-22-2011, 02:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrX9Ca7LSyQ

i had too do it :/

The Brown One
10-22-2011, 04:15 PM
William Regal would be good too. He was a bare knuckle fighter too right?

Mizfit
10-22-2011, 04:43 PM
wouldnt mason ryan just snap everyone like twigs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eErycnlnj0Q