PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk top seller for WWE

CM_Jericho
10-21-2011, 07:47 PM
So According to the news board, CM Punk is selling more merch than Super Cena... I hope vince doesn't try to water Punk down and make him sell out. I don't think Punk will stand for it. Thoughts?:confused:

Asherdelampyr
10-21-2011, 07:51 PM
For the first time in five years, a regular wrestler has topped John Cena.
5 years
people have been bitching about Cena for a few years now, however now they are finally voting with their wallets
At this point, I think Vince will listen, he is a businessman at heart. I truly believe that Cena has been the top guy simply because for 5 years nobody has sold as much merch as he has

helmsley
10-21-2011, 07:56 PM
So According to the news board, CM Punk is selling more merch than Super Cena... I hope vince doesn't try to water Punk down and make him sell out. I don't think Punk will stand for it. Thoughts?:confused:

why would vince water down punk, the article didnt said that cena stopper selling merchandise, he is still selling and a lot, so this is good for wwe and for punk.

cena is going to sell a looot of merchandise always, so its good to have more than one superstar selling plenty of merchandise

URATOOL
10-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Unless Punk changes his T shirt colour/design every 6-12 months then this will be a short living lead.

The Brown One
10-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Unless Punk changes his T shirt colour/design every 6-12 months then this will be a short living lead.

Well most, if not all wrestlers get new t-shirt merchandise every couple of months, so Punk will likely follow that.

CM_Jericho
10-21-2011, 09:22 PM
why would vince water down punk, the article didnt said that cena stopper selling merchandise, he is still selling and a lot, so this is good for wwe and for punk.

cena is going to sell a looot of merchandise always, so its good to have more than one superstar selling plenty of merchandise

Look back at how Cena used to be. He had a better, more sellable gimmick. He spoke his mind. He was actually allowed to wrestle... He got popular, Vince had another golden goose. He watered down cena and made him every eight year old's wet dream. I'm just saying that I hope Vince doesn't do that with Punk.

TheEelDeal
10-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Probably get heat for this but is a massive statement about Cena.

The guy has for 5 years outsold all other stars?? Despite Batista, Despite Orton, Despite Edge, Despite Punk, all getting there push etc etc. None of these managed to outsell him.

And I know everyone will reckon cause its the moms and dads buying for little Jimmy but seriously - who has the most disposable cash - surely 18-30year olds???? Not the demographic normally associated with Cena?

I hate the SuperCena part of his character but respect most of the rest of what he does. He'll still be selling a load of merch but hope this supports a heel turn

Poot-Hair
10-22-2011, 07:31 AM
I really hope now that Punk is moving the merchandise, maybe they can make Cena heel or at least freshen up that dead ass character. Dude's character is as old as my old crusty drawers for pete's sake

Russo swerve
10-22-2011, 11:56 AM
I really hope now that Punk is moving the merchandise, maybe they can make Cena heel or at least freshen up that dead ass character. Dude's character is as old as my old crusty drawers for pete's sake

So u have on crusty drawers eeww thats pretty nasty dont u think??