PDA

View Full Version : Vince is hating on his own Divas

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 02:35 PM
-- Several sources are reporting that Vince McMahon has seemed to have developed a love-hate relationship with the WWE Divas. The mentality is that both RAW and SmackDown have to have one segment with the Divas. Vince is convinced that a Divas segment is needed because it draws in a certain demographic. When the Divas segments and matches are going on, it’s said that Vince feels they are a waste of time. This is part of the reason he has Michael Cole act the way he does when the Divas are out.

-- As you can imagine, Michael Cole is being fed "line after line" from Vince McMahon during RAW. It is said that Vince is constantly in the ear of Cole during the TV tapings which is why he comes across as such a you know what.

So after reading that I have to say that I'm actually angry at Vince, he doesnt appreciate how hard these women work to improve, of course you ignorant fans will say they don't improve because they are only wrestling 2 minute on RAW. Obviously the Divas can't help that, they are told, 2 minutes and that's all (I know for a fact because Lisa Marie Varon said so)

Although Gail Kim is a bitch (imo) I'm glad she pointed out the many flaws in WWE agents w/ the Divas. No kicking or punching, what the hell? That's what wrestling is about. Telling a Diva she is "too good" and to tone herself down is a huge slap in the face. Pity none of these girls would stand up to the agents. The women wrestlers of the 80s/90s/early 00s wouldnt have taken this shit.

So to everyone telling Kelly Kelly to use more moves, please stop.. first of all, posting on this website won't help, nobody from WWE reads this forum I'm guessing. Secondly, I beat she is wanting to use a lot of moves but is being told not to because they don't want her to look too tough.

What's the point in Vince hiring these wrestlers if he doesnt even like them? Saying they are a waste of time? I'd rather watch them than Cena do his usual 5 moves, lariats that barely connect, followed by a DDT or something that's sold too early and looks terrible. I know me ranting won't help anything, just wanting to get this off my chest.

HeelTurn
10-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Yep its a shame really, how does he expect them to get over, and for people to actually care about their division if they arent getting any time, or being built up properly or having an interesting feud. Back in the days of Trish and Lita fans actually cared about the division, and it wasnt just because of those 2, the likes of Victoria, Jazz, Molly Holly etc all got good reactions because they were allowed to go out there and wrestle a match, plus the inclusion of hardcore matches etc make things more exciting. The WWE can still have the "pretty divas" but they should also make use of the wrestlers and not make them look like an afterthought.

Asherdelampyr
10-21-2011, 02:42 PM
It's sad, but I am not surprised at all by this.
he wants eye-candy, not wrestling, that's why he hires models, not wrestlers

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Comparing wrestling from each era.

the 80s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BktBPX-PYpo

90s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFl0wXKn4E4

early 00s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5eo8MEn-A4

today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYxmi9nIQ24

Big shift from the good days, from wrestling, length and crowd reaction. Big heat for Moolah! None for Tamina/Rosa

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-21-2011, 02:45 PM
-- Several sources are reporting that Vince McMahon has seemed to have developed a love-hate relationship with the WWE Divas. The mentality is that both RAW and SmackDown have to have one segment with the Divas. Vince is convinced that a Divas segment is needed because it draws in a certain demographic. When the Divas segments and matches are going on, it’s said that Vince feels they are a waste of time. This is part of the reason he has Michael Cole act the way he does when the Divas are out.

-- As you can imagine, Michael Cole is being fed "line after line" from Vince McMahon during RAW. It is said that Vince is constantly in the ear of Cole during the TV tapings which is why he comes across as such a you know what.

So after reading that I have to say that I'm actually angry at Vince, he doesnt appreciate how hard these women work to improve, of course you ignorant fans will say they don't improve because they are only wrestling 2 minute on RAW. Obviously the Divas can't help that, they are told, 2 minutes and that's all (I know for a fact because Lisa Marie Varon said so)

Although Gail Kim is a bitch (imo) I'm glad she pointed out the many flaws in WWE agents w/ the Divas. No kicking or punching, what the hell? That's what wrestling is about. Telling a Diva she is "too good" and to tone herself down is a huge slap in the face. Pity none of these girls would stand up to the agents. The women wrestlers of the 80s/90s/early 00s wouldnt have taken this shit.

So to everyone telling Kelly Kelly to use more moves, please stop.. first of all, posting on this website won't help, nobody from WWE reads this forum I'm guessing. Secondly, I beat she is wanting to use a lot of moves but is being told not to because they don't want her to look too tough.

What's the point in Vince hiring these wrestlers if he doesnt even like them? Saying they are a waste of time? I'd rather watch them than Cena do his usual 5 moves, lariats that barely connect, followed by a DDT or something that's sold too early and looks terrible. I know me ranting won't help anything, just wanting to get this off my chest.

1 simple answer to that, the Divas bring in a certain demographic that WWE is looking for. He has them there just for the viewers they bring in. Viewers = Ratings and Ratings = Money

K2Jelly
10-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I hate to fan the flames here, but there are a couple points I'd like to bring to your attention.

1. Just because you only have 2-3 minutes to put on a match doesn't mean your wrestling abilities aren't always showcased. The few Divas that the IWC are actually behind like Phoenix, Natalya and A.J. are featured less often than Kelly Kelly yet the IWC support them a whole lot more than Kelly.

2. You say for people not to post here about what they see as a problem regarding the treatment of the Divas, more specifically Kelly Kelly, but you can make a thread that covers a similar issue? I'm sure the hypocrisy in your rant wasn't intentional but I just thought I'd like to bring that up.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate the way the Divas are treated too, but I don't think adding more minutes to their matches will really help them. We've had those opportunities at PPV's and they're wrestling mirrors what they do on a regular basis. So really, the only Divas I have sympathy for in this discrimination are the ones that I believe can actually put together a good performance and Kelly Kelly isn't one of them.

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-21-2011, 02:48 PM
I could be far worse if it wasn't for Dustin Rhodes/ Goldust. Imagine the Diva's division without Natalya and Beth Phoenix...

http://looneytunes09.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/blackness.jpg

^^^The division would look like this^^^

benchch
10-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I'd like to know what that demographic is that THEY apparently bring in.

Because as WWE is PG its not really for kids.
And every wrestling fan wants to watch wrestling and not a 3 min botch sesh

I can't imagine anyone going 'WTF NO DIVAS THIS WEEK! WHATS THE POINT IN WATCHING?!'

someone enlighten me

SESAfro
10-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Comparing wrestling from each era.

the 80s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BktBPX-PYpo

90s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFl0wXKn4E4

early 00s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5eo8MEn-A4

today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYxmi9nIQ24

Big shift from the good days, from wrestling, length and crowd reaction. Big heat for Moolah! None for Tamina/Rosa
Oh the memories. It brought a tear to my eye.

I don't know what we can do to give them more time. Maybe a petition or a series of e-mails and/or letters telling them, the WWE, to give the female wrestlers more time.

xAzureSkye
I could be far worse if it wasn't for Dustin Rhodes/ Goldust. Imagine the Diva's division without Natalya and Beth Phoenix...

http://looneytunes09.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/blackness.jpg

^^^The division would look like this^^^

But there's nothing there..........unless......oh.

http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/funny-sports-pictures-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

K2Jelly

I can't imagine anyone going 'WTF NO DIVAS THIS WEEK! WHATS THE POINT IN WATCHING?!'

someone enlighten me

And that's exactly why we're ticked off.

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 02:56 PM

someone enlighten me

Females, little girls wanting to be like their favourite wrestler, possibly men.

Little girls used to look up to wrestlers wanting to be like them a lot, women like Miss Elizabeth, Wendi, Ivory etc. because they didnt have to subject themselves to taking their clothes off to be sexy. They were hot in a classy way and you respected them for that, now, you have to get nude to be considered hot

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 02:57 PM
And that's exactly why we're ticked off.

Exactly, there was an episode of RAW sometime back in 2003 and there was no Divas bout that week and I was properly pissed the whole week but now I wouldnt be that bothered

benchch
10-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Would you guys be happy if WWE swapped the Diva division with the TNA Knockouts? I actually enjoy watching them they have some character

K2Jelly
10-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Would you guys be happy if WWE swapped the Diva division with the TNA Knockouts? I actually enjoy watching them they have some character

I'd be even more ticked off since Vince would treat them the same way especially since the KO's are better overall than the Divas.

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-21-2011, 03:03 PM

No they just need to push the ones they have better. IMO TNA only has a couple of good womens wrestlers just like the WWE, but they use them better and have better storylines. BTW Velvet Sky is just TNA's Kelly Kelly, she's hot but she's not the greatest in the ring and should not be champ.

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 03:03 PM
After watching the Divas I always watch a retro womens match so I can make myself feel better.

Today's match was Rockin Robin vs Judy Martin at Royal Rumble 89

SESAfro
10-21-2011, 03:10 PM
No they just need to push the ones they have better. IMO TNA only has a couple of good womens wrestlers just like the WWE, but they use them better and have better storylines. BTW Velvet Sky is just TNA's Kelly Kelly, she's hot but she's not the greatest in the ring and should not be champ.
Yeah, I had a 'The Fu-' face on when she one but that's another topic to be discussed. The only storylines the WWE uses is for the championship and everyone else gets thrown under the bus.

K2Jelly
10-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I had a 'The Fu-' face on when she one but that's another topic to be discussed. The only storylines the WWE uses is for the championship and everyone else gets thrown under the bus.

Yeah, the short bus with creative taking turns behind the wheel.

Brewer 314
10-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Vince did this to himself.

WWE had the 'Womens Championship' now they have the 'Divas Championship'

Ditch the skanks like Kelly Kelly, and Eve and bring back the athletes like Wendi Ritcher, Jazz, and Jaquelin.

Rich Cranium
10-21-2011, 03:16 PM
I was more interested in the Cole part. So Michael Cole is Vince's Minnie Me?

K2Jelly
10-21-2011, 03:18 PM

D-Bryan hinted that during his nXt shoot.

zapphoman
10-21-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm glad somebody put up a thread about this. The Divas division is no where near what it was back in the day.

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 03:20 PM
I doubt they would bring back the likes of Wendi & Jackie, who are both in their 50s I think. But bring back some of the younger released talents or some hot indy chicks like Candice LaRae, Jen Blake, Jessica James.

Brewer 314
10-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Vince did this to himself.

WWE had the 'Womens Championship' now they have the 'Divas Championship'

Ditch the skanks like Kelly Kelly, and Eve and bring back the athletes like Wendi Ritcher, Jazz, and Jaquelin.

There's a few good pieces in place with: Beth Phoenix, Natalya, and Kong. Hopefully they shift the division back to wrestling once Kong returns.

Michelle McCool was actually pretty legitimate in the ring too, it's a shame she left.

xAzureSkye

Yeah he used to talk about how boring Divas matches were and how terrible they are. They then got payback via Eve hitting a moonsault on him

Brewer 314
I doubt they would bring back the likes of Wendi & Jackie, who are both in their 50s I think. But bring back some of the younger released talents or some hot indy chicks like Candice LaRae, Jen Blake, Jessica James.

Those are examples of 'talent'....not recommendations.

Rich Cranium
10-21-2011, 03:23 PM

Are you saying Kelly2 and Velvet are on the same level? I think Sky > K2.

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 03:25 PM
There's a few good pieces in place with: Beth Phoenix, Natalya, and Kong. Hopefully they shift the division back to wrestling once Kong returns.

Michelle McCool was actually pretty legitimate in the ring too, it's a shame she left.

Yeah she was one of the few "models" who strived to improve and worked hard in the WWE, going from a history teacher to arguably one of the most decorated Divas in the WWE is a big achievement for her!

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-21-2011, 03:27 PM

Yes that was exactly what I was saying. Sky = K2

Asherdelampyr
10-21-2011, 03:34 PM

yup, Cole is really "The voice of WWE" just like he says he is
he just neglects to mention that voice is still connected to the ass of VKM

Asherdelampyr
10-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Yes that was exactly what I was saying. Sky = K2

After seeing them both live in matches, I disagree.
Velvet has a lot more talent, she isn't their top technical female, by any means, but she is a good mix of ability, looks, and personality.
also she smells like Vanilla and strawberry

SESAfro
10-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Velvet has a lot more talent, she isn't their top technical female, by any means, but she is a good mix of ability, looks, and personality.
That last part was a bit creepy. I will say Sky is better but only slightly. The Duvas should have like an actual mentor that could them or something.

Asherdelampyr
10-21-2011, 03:48 PM
That last part was a bit creepy. I will say Sky is better but only slightly. The Duvas should have like an actual mentor that could them or something.

It was meant to be
honestly, I only noticed cause I got a picture with her, and she had a lot of it on (probably because she knew she was going to be doing pictures with a bunch of sweaty bastards)

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 03:48 PM
They dont need taught, they need some "leeway" if you will in their matches, WWE tell them exactly what to do, I'm sure if they were less strict about what moves to use they could put on great matches

Wade Barrett 1979
10-21-2011, 03:54 PM

They do have a mentor, Goldust works with the Divas!

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-21-2011, 03:58 PM

I will say that she has improved since her Beautiful People days (she was just horrible in the ring then), but she is not at the top of the KO's division when there is people like Mickie James, Tara, Madison Rayne, ODB, Jacqueline, and now Gail Kim.

SESAfro
10-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about him. lol A combination of Goldust mentoring them and more freedom with their matches will trips wonderful results. Just think of the possibilities. *day dreams*

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-21-2011, 03:59 PM

So is Kelly Kelly the official 'John Cena' of the Diva's division now?

Asherdelampyr
10-21-2011, 04:00 PM
I will say that she has improved since her Beautiful People days (she was just horrible in the ring then), but she is not at the top of the KO's division when there is people like Mickie James, Tara, Madison Rayne, ODB, Jacqueline, and now Gail Kim.

which is why I said I don't see her as the top technical female
there are better wrestlers, but she is far and away better than K2

Automatic
10-21-2011, 04:03 PM
So is Kelly Kelly the official 'John Cena' of the Diva's division now?

She is better than John Cena when it comes to win/loss record.
You'd better call Cena the Kelly Kelly of the males division.

The Brown One
10-21-2011, 04:11 PM

Thank God for that. I can't imagine how much more horrible their wrestling skills would be if he wasn't there to train them.

By the way it doesn't matter that Vince only gives the Divas 2 minute matches and tells them what to do. They should at least do what they are told well, or use Goldust's training. Look at Alicia Fox and Kelly, they still botch moves and they have been around for YEARS. Its not just Vince's fault that the Divas aren't loved, but its their own.

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 04:33 PM
well actually it is Vince's haha. He tells them exactly what to do in the ring, including "no punches and no kicks" With barely any wrestling moves left to use they are gonna get confused and botch, it's natural, the men botch even more. We rarely see Divas matches on Botchamania

The Brown One
10-21-2011, 04:39 PM
well actually it is Vince's haha. He tells them exactly what to do in the ring, including "no punches and no kicks" With barely any wrestling moves left to use they are gonna get confused and botch, it's natural, the men botch even more. We rarely see Divas matches on Botchamania

Lets say Vince tells Kelly to do her finisher (that legdrop bulldog to the head). Many times she even manages to botch that. If they are given a limited time, with a restriction on the moves they can use, they should at least try to not botch those moves. But Vince does hire most of the Divas when they were models, just to cater to a certain demographic, so I can't expect any better out of them.

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 04:42 PM
..up until Goldust was brought as trainer they had to rely on Cena to train them, Kelly and Maria said so themselves that Cena and some FCW staff people trained the Divas so you can expect that they will be bad with those people training them. It's lucky that the veteran Divas at the time (Beth, Nattie, Mickie, Melina, Jillian, Katie etc) knew what they were doing already without Cena's "training" otherwise everything would be a complete clusterfuck

K2Jelly
10-21-2011, 04:44 PM
..up until Goldust was brought as trainer they had to rely on Cena to train them, Kelly and Maria said so themselves that Cena and some FCW staff people trained the Divas so you can expect that they will be bad with those people training them. It's lucky that the veteran Divas at the time (Beth, Nattie, Mickie, Melina, Jillian, Katie etc) knew what they were doing already without Cena's "training" otherwise everything would be a complete clusterfuck

Wait, wait, wait.......what?! CENA trained them? Well that explains everything then....

Automatic
10-21-2011, 04:45 PM

LOL, why would they use Cena as the trainer? There were much better guys?

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Wait, wait, wait.......what?! CENA trained them? Well that explains everything then....

Yep, Kelly said they got some help from veteran Divas, mainly Katie but it was mostly Cena training them

The Brown One
10-21-2011, 04:53 PM

That means that it was their own fault for still botching in the ring. Its true that without training from Goldust, Cena and the vets, they would be worse off, but they could try harder in the ring.

Asherdelampyr
10-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Yep, Kelly said they got some help from veteran Divas, mainly Katie but it was mostly Cena training them

And then Cena made his own little female protoge
it all makes sense now

Dr. Death
10-21-2011, 06:14 PM
The problem with the divas division is that over 90% of the current divas can't wrestle to save their lives. Kelly Kelly is a joke and I don't buy that she was trained by Cena. Kelly said so, well that's the truth then...not. Since when did Vince tell people what moves to use in their match? He limits the time frame sure, but the moves used are determined by the competitors themselves. It's not Vince's fault that most of the Divas don't even know how to run the ropes.

xAzureSkye
10-21-2011, 06:20 PM
The problem with the divas division is that over 90% of the current divas can't wrestle to save their lives. Kelly Kelly is a joke and I don't buy that she was trained by Cena. Kelly said so, well that's the truth then...not. Since when did Vince tell people what moves to use in their match? He limits the time frame sure, but the moves used are determined by the competitors themselves. It's not Vince's fault that most of the Divas don't even know how to run the ropes.

Stop acting like you know your stuff, the Divas said so themselves that they were told what moves they can and can not do, why would Gail and Kelly just make this stuff up on the spot?

..and it is his fault they dont know how to run the ropes, he doesnt hire anyone decent to train them

monctonvike
10-21-2011, 06:26 PM
in wwe women matter

The Brown One
10-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Stop acting like you know your stuff, the Divas said so themselves that they were told what moves they can and can not do, why would Gail and Kelly just make this stuff up on the spot?

..and it is his fault they dont know how to run the ropes, he doesnt hire anyone decent to train them

I think Goldust is a good trainer. Its just that the Divas haven't tried hard enough in their matches to apply what they have learnt. For some of them, wrestling is just not in them, as they were models hired without any prior wrestling experience or knowledge. Some worked their asses off to become respected wrestlers, like Mickie James.

Its a fact that Goldust trained the Divas. I didn't know that Cena did too, but I trust xAzureSkye's word. By the way, Vince does tell the Divas what they can and cannot do, and he does that for quite a few male wrestlers as well, such as Cena.

Tomsta666
10-21-2011, 07:04 PM
godamnit Vince!!!

No CHANCE!!!!

It's about time the girls other than Beth, Natalya, K2 and Eve had more of a shot though...

These four seen to be the only ones in the division?

Where is AJ and Kaitlyn????

Fuck the Bellas but what about the other ladies?

Wade Barrett 1979
10-21-2011, 07:10 PM
You'd be surprised as to how much actual choreography, occurs in a wrestling match!! They do pre-plan a vast amount of the moves and spots, not just the outcome! There has been many an occasion where you can hear the wrestlers convey moves and sequences to one another, during the course of a match! 'Creative' do have that much control in a match, they do determine what can be done!! I've heard Dave Lagana state that very recently, amongst others, not just the wrestlers themselves!

Y2J___Y2J
10-21-2011, 07:25 PM
So it's finally been proven correct. Vince doesn't give a fuck about the Diva's.. like we didn't know that already.
Most of them nowadays suck (except Natalya and Beth)

The Brown One
10-21-2011, 07:53 PM
You'd be surprised as to how much actual coreography, occurs in a wrestling match!! They do pre-plan a vast amount of the moves and spots, not just the outcome! There has been many an occasion where you can hear the wrestlers convey moves and sequences to one another, during the course of a match! 'Creative' do have that much control in a match, they do determine what can be done!! I've heard Dave Lagana state that very recently, amongst others, not just the wrestlers themselves!

This is true. Maryse once said that to pull off the 2 minute Divas match on tv takes 20 hours of cardio and wrestling training. On top of that they have to communicate effectively in the ring. But if the male wrestlers can do it, I see no reason as to why the Divas shouldn't follow suit too.

godamnit Vince!!!

No CHANCE!!!!

It's about time the girls other than Beth, Natalya, K2 and Eve had more of a shot though...

These four seen to be the only ones in the division?

Where is AJ and Kaitlyn????

Fuck the Bellas but what about the other ladies?

Kaitlyn is still green and is likely not being put on tv as much as before as she is training in FCW - she was a model with no wrestling experience before, remember? The WWE tend to focus on a few Divas at a time, so AJ won't be showcased for a while.

Poot-Hair
10-22-2011, 08:25 AM
I'd be even more ticked off since Vince would treat them the same way especially since the KO's are better overall than the Divas. ^^^^this^^^^ the KO's are infinitely better than the Diva's. Now with that said I'm sure that if HALF the effort was put in the Diva's that is put into the KO's, the Diva's would be that much better. When the 'E does things, they tend to do it better. Not marking out or anything because I'm a fan of both but it's the truth. WWE just has a more refined product