PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton RR 2012 winner?

AWrestlingGod
10-20-2011, 04:35 PM
One of the articles state ongoing plans for randy orton to win royal rumble 2012 ...but it may change considering it is in st.louis....but if Randy orton does win i guess we will have Randy orton.vs world champ vs Daniel bryan

Ps Dolph ziggler should win royal rumble

Y2Jryder
10-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah I hope that Randy Orton wins the Royal rumble because he definitely needs a push

Rilla
10-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Randy will probably win it, if not Cody, in order for them to have Orton/DBD or Orton/RHodes/DBD at mania for the title.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-20-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm calling Sheamus!!

HeelTurn
10-20-2011, 04:41 PM
A triple threat will probably happen, they may even work it into a fatal 4 way (the champ loses at EC and gets a rematch at WM).

mika009
10-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Don't know who will win, I just hope Orton gets the strap back soon. I bet his waist is getting cold. Maybe him and Cena can warm each other up.

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-20-2011, 05:20 PM
It's about time WWE are looking at midcarders like Orton as the faces of the future. I'm sick of seeing him languish in Superstars.

Oh wait a minute.....

Y2J___Y2J
10-20-2011, 05:27 PM
No chance in hell Orton will win.. He's already up at the main event scene, is over as hell and not coming back from an injury..
I'm calling Cody !

AWrestlingGod
A triple threat will probably happen, they may even work it into a fatal 4 way (the champ loses at EC and gets a rematch at WM).

Randy Orton Vs Daniel Bryan Vs. Cody Rhodes Vs Wade Barrett? Fatal 4 way i can see

alexrules01
http://www.warhammer39999.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/sarcasm_detector.jpg

Yano88
10-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Just a way for McMahon to confuse us...

Orton can easily go to Wrestlemania, even in a Main Event, without having to win the RR...

Wade Barrett 1979
10-20-2011, 06:04 PM
The full story was actually this:

-- There is an inside joke going around in WWE right now regarding Randy Orton. The ongoing plan is to have Orton win the 2012 Royal Rumble but once Vince McMahon is reminded that the event takes place in Orton’s hometown of St. Louis, he'll change his mind. Of course, you can't ever put someone over in their hometown. See Jim Ross (Oklahoma), Beth Phoenix (Buffalo), etc.

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-20-2011, 06:27 PM
In all seriousness, the favourites to win are probably Punk, Sheamus, Ziggler or Rhodes

Polly-Pablo
10-20-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm calling Cody.......Orton needs a RR win like fishes need breasts!!

capn-edu
10-20-2011, 06:51 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

The Brown One
10-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Just a way for McMahon to confuse us...

Orton can easily go to Wrestlemania, even in a Main Event, without having to win the RR...

This is completely true, but the WWE might still decide to go with Orton winning the Rumble because:

1) Its his hometown, and they would be pissed if Orton didn't win the Rumble.
2) They need a huge main eventer to main event Wrestlemania, which Orton will certainly be.
3) Fans wouldn't like it as much if someone whos not a main eventer won the Rumble e.g. Rhodes, Sheamus, Morrison.

monctonvike
10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
What an upset this would be :O) but as of the last couple years winning the rumble hasen't meant much. If its the long term it is less likely to happen

maar13
10-20-2011, 09:52 PM
This is completely true, but the WWE might still decide to go with Orton winning the Rumble because:

1) Its his hometown, and they would be pissed if Orton didn't win the Rumble.
2) They need a huge main eventer to main event Wrestlemania, which Orton will certainly be.
3) Fans wouldn't like it as much if someone whos not a main eventer won the Rumble e.g. Rhodes, Sheamus, Morrison.

Just to point that out, In 2007 The Rumble was on Shawn Michaels home, St. Antonio and he still got defeated by The Undertaker for the title spot at WM 23, mind you, Michaels ended in the Main event anyway VS John Cena.

They already had the Huge Main eventer for Wrestlemania: The Rock, so the championship matches can lack of the Top guys with out suffering much.

Last Year Del Rio won and he was nowhere near the main event, even after it, he was still away from it, so someone the fans know might do the trick.

I am not dismissing Orton winning because the guy is ove with the crowd, but the WWE could go into a different direction.

What an upset this would be :O) but as of the last couple years winning the rumble hasen't meant much. If its the long term it is less likely to happen

Actually the last winner to get the title at Wrestlemania was The Undertaker:

2007- Taker - win at WM 23 WHC
2008- Cena - Failed to win WWE title at WM 24
2009- Orton - Failed to win WWE title at WM 25
2010- Edge - Failed to win WHC at WM 26
2011- ADR - Failed to win WHC at WM27

So from the last 4 years things don't look so bright for the Rumble Winner.

The Brown One
10-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Just to point that out, In 2007 The Rumble was on Shawn Michaels home, St. Antonio and he still got defeated by The Undertaker for the title spot at WM 23, mind you, Michaels ended in the Main event anyway VS John Cena.

They already had the Huge Main eventer for Wrestlemania: The Rock, so the championship matches can lack of the Top guys with out suffering much.

Last Year Del Rio won and he was nowhere near the main event, even after it, he was still away from it, so someone the fans know might do the trick.

I am not dismissing Orton winning because the guy is ove with the crowd, but the WWE could go into a different direction.

Actually the last winner to get the title at Wrestlemania was The Undertaker:

2007- Taker - win at WM 23 WHC
2008- Cena - Failed to win WWE title at WM 24
2009- Orton - Failed to win WWE title at WM 25
2010- Edge - Failed to win WHC at WM 26
2011- ADR - Failed to win WHC at WM27

So from the last 4 years things don't look so bright for the Rumble Winner.

I respect you for taking the time to post such an informative post. But theres a difference this time. The WWE treats Randy like they do Cena right now, putting him in main events, and having him win titles constantly. He was a great heel when he won the Royal Rumble a few years ago, but he wasn't as over as he is currently as a face. I would love to see Orton out of a world title match at Wrestlemania, and have someone like Morrison, Bryan, Rhodes or Sheamus compete instead. But the WWE usually puts at least one huge star into their world title matches at their biggest PPV of the year. They put Del Rio in the world title match this year, but his opponent was the veteran - Edge. I feel they will do something like that again. In addition, its just good business for them to do so, since Orton can draw more than anyone on the Smackdown roster.

maar13
10-20-2011, 11:35 PM
I respect you for taking the time to post such an informative post. But theres a difference this time. The WWE treats Randy like they do Cena right now, putting him in main events, and having him win titles constantly. He was a great heel when he won the Royal Rumble a few years ago, but he wasn't as over as he is currently as a face. I would love to see Orton out of a world title match at Wrestlemania, and have someone like Morrison, Bryan, Rhodes or Sheamus compete instead. But the WWE usually puts at least one huge star into their world title matches at their biggest PPV of the year. They put Del Rio in the world title match this year, but his opponent was the veteran - Edge. I feel they will do something like that again. In addition, its just good business for them to do so, since Orton can draw more than anyone on the Smackdown roster.

You are right about that. Edge was the veteran there and Cena was on the other one.

Certainly I am still on th Punk wagon and not leaving it anytime soon, for me I would like to see something like These:

The Rock VS Cena
Orton Vs Mark Henry VS Sheamus Vs Daniel Bryan Fatal Four way elimination match (Although storyline wise, it would be a dumb ass move to cash in for a Fatal Four way).
WWE Title: ADR VS Rumble winner CM Punk.

I would like for Sheamus to win the title at Mania bu wouldn't like for Bryan to be the first MITB winner to fail.

Actually I know it is cheap, but the best time to cash in was settled by Edge, Right after The Elimination Chamber, after that match everyone is pretty much a carcass and that pretty much lock you in the title match at Mania, as a heel there is no time more fitting than the EC.

OldSchoolHeel
10-21-2011, 02:51 AM
jack swagger.

thats right. i typed it.

The Brown One
10-21-2011, 03:23 AM
You are right about that. Edge was the veteran there and Cena was on the other one.

Certainly I am still on th Punk wagon and not leaving it anytime soon, for me I would like to see something like These:

The Rock VS Cena
Orton Vs Mark Henry VS Sheamus Vs Daniel Bryan Fatal Four way elimination match (Although storyline wise, it would be a dumb ass move to cash in for a Fatal Four way).
WWE Title: ADR VS Rumble winner CM Punk.

I would like for Sheamus to win the title at Mania bu wouldn't like for Bryan to be the first MITB winner to fail.

Actually I know it is cheap, but the best time to cash in was settled by Edge, Right after The Elimination Chamber, after that match everyone is pretty much a carcass and that pretty much lock you in the title match at Mania, as a heel there is no time more fitting than the EC.

Well I still think they will go with the Royal Rumble winner having their world title match at EC, and then facing Bryan and possibly someone else, if they start a feud with the Royal Rumble winner. I like the idea of ADR vs CM Punk though, and theres a good chance of it happening, with the current plan to have ADR retain the title at Vengeance against Cena (gasp) and start a feud with Punk.

Yano88
10-21-2011, 04:29 AM
There is a way to keep St louis people happy...

Just put Orton in a title match at RR and either make him win the title or win by DQ.

But dont let him partecipate in the rumble...

Tommy Thunder
10-21-2011, 04:46 AM
I'm saying Ziggler or Rhodes should win the Rumble.

Lowki
10-21-2011, 05:35 AM
This should freshen up the main event scene.

steveorton
10-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Yeah I hope that Randy Orton wins the Royal rumble because he definitely needs a push

ROTFFLMFAO :D Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes should win imo but I also wouldn't mind seeing Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton Dragon vs Viper could be a show stealer (in terms of wrestling) at WM 28 imo.

steveorton
10-21-2011, 09:25 AM
jack swagger.

thats right. i typed it.

I wouln't mind also seeing this but the way things are plying out i can't see him winning next year, probably further down the line.

The Awesome One
10-21-2011, 09:28 AM
My money is on Cody Rhodes or Chris Jericho... I know that Jericho might not return but if he does, I can see him winning the RR and going onto WrestleMania to face CM Punk for the WWE title

SESAfro
10-21-2011, 10:45 AM
I can see either Ziggles, Cody or Barrett winning the Rumble this year. They all have the capacity to wrestle in the Main Event scene but just hasn't got there yet.

The Hit Man
10-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Orton should go into Wrestlemania as the WHC not the RR winner. Like my many have said, the two people that deserve to win it are either Rhodes or Ziggler. The way I see it is Bryan should have a one on one match for the WHC, why would you cash in for a triple threat or fatal four way match? To make the match really mean something, you need to have Orton as the champ seeing as he is by far the biggest name on Smackdown. I know if Cody won the RR he could still challenge the WWE champ but I'd like to see him in a high profile match for the IC title at WM to really bring the title back to prominence. Therefore, Ziggler is the man to win the RR and face the WWE Champ which should be Punk after he ends his fued with Del Rio.

dres1214
10-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Wade Barrett is my prediction. Rhodes, Swagger, and Ziggler are also on my list as well.

BlazersDozen
10-21-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm gonna say Barrett or Sheamus depending on DB's character direction.

RagingBallsFTW
10-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I remember rumors of Orton winning the 2011 rumble too and that went well. Things change.

I see Sheamus winning the RR which will lead to a 4 way at WM: Mark Henry(c) vs Daniel Bryan(cashes in MITB) vs Sheamus(RR winner) vs Orton(because the writers will make some BS to get him there lol) for the WHC.

Rich Cranium
10-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Cody Rhodes FTW! Just have him hover around outside the ring for a while.

Tommy Thunder
10-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Ziggler or Rhodes for the RR.

Mr. McMahon
10-22-2011, 12:48 PM
My picks:

CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
The Miz
Christian
Kane