PDA

View Full Version : Save_us_Y2J?

Tommy Thunder
10-20-2011, 07:42 AM
May I have your attention please! I have just recieved an interesting piece of news from Ryan Clark!

AND I QUOTE!

-- Colleagues of Chris Jericho say he is in talks with WWE officials to return to the organization for a match leading to WrestleMania XXVIII. We'll keep you posted as we hear more.

I hope to God that this is true!

Any thoughts?

BlazersDozen
10-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Looks like CM Punk V. Jericho is becoming reality.

Tommy Thunder
10-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Looks like CM Punk V. Jericho is becoming reality.

Well that's the feud/match a lot of fans want to see, including myself. But since Punk is apparently getting a huge push through the end of the year (and through Mania apparently), how likely is it that Jericho will be involved in a title feud?
But if Punk doesn't have the title around Mania time, then Punk vs Jericho would be epic!
Otherwise, I think a Miz vs Jericho could be entertaining, since the verbal battle between both could be interesting.

But given the way Jericho has been having little digs at Punk via Twitter, that suggests that it'll be Punk vs Jericho.
Then again, if we're going with Twitter, then Punk vs Austin is a possibility too.

As long as Jericho comes back, I'll be happy.

Erroneous Fool
10-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Jericho vs Orton would be more realistic, but then again this is the WWE. You know how much they just love dropping fueds and startign new ones.

steveorton
10-20-2011, 08:45 AM
This is a comment from a poster called KNOX in the blog section and I think he's spot on when he says:

2. Chris Jericho
One of my favorites. I know this is a temporary thing but Jericho please save us. I love Jericho as many know he's my favorite of all time (i pretty much say it every blog lol). But Jericho has an ego the size of Jupiter. He talks about the WWE as if it isn't important and he can comeback whenever he wants and jump back into his spot.

Right now, his name is relevant. But he better stop acting like he's a saint to wrestling. If he waits too long his name will quickly lose value in terms of WWE. I love the guy so hopefully we'll see him back.

BlazersDozen
10-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Honestly I feel the big push is done. He's at the top of the company & not really doing anything besides helping Triple H, basically being an after thought in this story line so I can see it happening unless they bring him in to put over Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler.

Y2Jryder
10-20-2011, 09:13 AM
If he isn't going to take out Orton that would be really stupid

Kenny_Penfold
10-20-2011, 09:19 AM
If he isn't going to take out Orton that would be really stupid

He should come back and nail him but he came back and saved us from Orton last time in 2007 and went into a program with him. The main difference may be the title but it seems like he needs to come back and make a real impact and scrapping with Orton won't accomplish that.

The American disaster
10-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Here's a thought, punk feuds with del rio for a while takes the belt . Jericho comes back at the rumble wins takes on punk at mania. might be cool. just sayin

Tommy Thunder
10-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Here's a thought, punk feuds with del rio for a while takes the belt . Jericho comes back at the rumble wins takes on punk at mania. might be cool. just sayin

Only problem I have with that is it's the same old 'superstar returns and wins the Rumble' storyline. We've seen hat one too many times in recent years.

After people mentioned it, a feud with Orton makes perfect sense. I'd actually forgotten that it was him that out Jericho 'out of action'.

Regarding the Jericho name loosing value as years go on, I'd say it's the other way around. I think the longer he waits, the bigger the value goes, and the bigger the reaction will be when he returns.

ELNIOJR
10-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Only problem I have with that is it's the same old 'superstar returns and wins the Rumble' storyline. We've seen hat one too many times in recent years.

After people mentioned it, a feud with Orton makes perfect sense. I'd actually forgotten that it was him that out Jericho 'out of action'.

Regarding the Jericho name loosing value as years go on, I'd say it's the other way around. I think the longer he waits, the bigger the value goes, and the bigger the reaction will be when he returns.

Dolph Ziggler for Rumble Win!

Tommy Thunder
10-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Dolph Ziggler for Rumble Win!

Very good shout IMO. Him or Cody Rhodes.

HolyJose2391
10-20-2011, 10:33 AM
May I have your attention please! I have just recieved an interesting piece of news from Ryan Clark!

AND I QUOTE!

I hope to God that this is true!

Any thoughts?

God I hope it's true. I just finished reading Undisputed last night where he talked about his previous return. God I hope this happens

Tommy Thunder
10-20-2011, 10:35 AM
God I hope it's true. I just finished reading Undisputed last night where he talked about his previous return. God I hope this happens

You and me both man.
WWE needs Y2J!!

steveorton
10-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Raw was, is and always will be Jericho :cool: I want him to bring back the Higlight Reel.

Y2J___Y2J
10-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Just having Jericho back is a major edition to the roster. He can work wit pretty much anyone and is willing to put over young talent...
Punk vs Y2J... Hmmmmmm

Samuel L. Jackson
10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Make. New. Stars.

Tommy Thunder
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Make. New. Stars.

Use. Jericho. To. Make. New. Stars.

Samuel L. Jackson
10-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Use. Jericho. To. Make. New. Stars.

I see what you did thurr... and I like it!

I agree Tommy but whether this pulls through or is just another Y2J returning rumour, the E needs to build the midcard in to top to near top tier stars... but we've all said this before at some stage...

Anyways hope the Real, "Best in the World at what he Does", does eventually make a comeback of note...

ELNIOJR
10-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Jericho vs Punk has money all over it. But it must be worked very well. This 2 should have a feud just like Jericho vs HBK after HBK retired Ric Flair, and had a lotta matches in that feud. The ladder match where Y2J lost a tooth, Shawn's wife with that fat lip, Jericho lost to HBK and won the WHC at he same night. It was great...

Tommy Thunder
10-20-2011, 12:02 PM
I see what you did thurr... and I like it!

I agree Tommy but whether this pulls through or is just another Y2J returning rumour, the E needs to build the midcard in to top to near top tier stars... but we've all said this before at some stage...

Anyways hope the Real, "Best in the World at what he Does", does eventually make a comeback of note...

O yeah, totally agreed. This might turn out to be another of those spun rumors, and those mid carders need to be turned into top tier stars sooner rather than later.

But I too will live in hope that this is a genuine rumor!

Tommy Thunder
10-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Jericho vs Punk has money all over it. But it must be worked very well. This 2 should have a feud just like Jericho vs HBK after HBK retired Ric Flair, and had a lotta matches in that feud. The ladder match where Y2J lost a tooth, Shawn's wife with that fat lip, Jericho lost to HBK and won the WHC at he same night. It was great...

That Jericho vs HBK feud was one of my favorites in recent times. Fantastic matches by 2 of the all time greats.

Shaz11
10-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Jericho could be part of the conspiracy storyline

kashani1984
10-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Royal Rumble prediction:Cody Rhodes wins to set up Rhodes v Orton at WM fr WHC. Punk wins WWE title at Rumble.
Elimenation Chamber Prediction: Jericho wins RAW elimenation Chamber to gain Number1 contendership to WWE title setting up Punk v Jericho at WM.

Darctic
10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
From his twitter:

After discussing this with my colleagues,my response to today's rumor is:
a) false
b) true
c) maybe
d) all of the above
e) none of the above I think he's playing with a dumb rumor, Fozzy is still touring all throughout the winter, and they have a new album coming out next year. I don't see it happening, though I am all for being surprised!

Brewer 314
10-20-2011, 02:52 PM
From his twitter:
I think he's playing with a dumb rumor, Fozzy is still touring all throughout the winter, and they have a new album coming out next year. I don't see it happening, though I am all for being surprised!

Fonzy is still around?

Brewer 314
10-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Fonzy is still around?

Oh wait it's 'Fozzy' I couldn't even remember the bands name even with it printed in front of my face!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Don't forget Mania is still a long way off, he can still finish up his tour, come back early part of next year and still have time to build something toward Mania!! Things happen quickly in the 'E' (especially lately) If he does return, I see him being back on Smackdown rather than Raw! I think Cody will get propelled along, with his Orton feud! One name no one's mentioned, for Jericho to feud with, who needs a bulid to Mania, Daniel Bryan!!

zapphoman
10-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Don't forget Mania is still a long way off, he can still finish up his tour, come back early part of next year and still have time to build something toward Mania!! Things happen quickly in the 'E' (especially lately) If he does return, I see him being back on Smackdown rather than Raw! I think Cody will get propelled along, with his Orton feud! One name no one's mentioned, for Jericho to feud with, who needs a bulid to Mania, Daniel Bryan!!

That would be an awesome feud. Daniel Bryan needs a good feud like that if he is going to be headlining WM. But here is another thing, Jericho has already said that if he comes back that he wants to be something different than what he was when he left so my guess is he would be coming back as a face. Which means Daniel Bryan would have to be heel for that to work. That would be awesome!!!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
That would be an awesome feud. Daniel Bryan needs a good feud like that if he is going to be headlining WM. But here is another thing, Jericho has already said that if he comes back that he wants to be something different than what he was when he left so my guess is he would be coming back as a face. Which means Daniel Bryan would have to be heel for that to work. That would be awesome!!!

Either way would work for me! :)

That's the thing for me, can you imagine how good the matches would be!!

The Brown One
10-20-2011, 03:57 PM
The latest news is that the WWE have already planned events leading to Wrestlemania. The Royal Rumble winner is set to be from Smackdown this year, and since its Orton's home town, theres a big chance he'l win it. Also, theres also a plan for the Royal Rumble winner to get a title shot BEFORE Wrestlemania. This probably means that Orton will win the title at Elimination Chamber. I see Orton v Bryan for the WHC at Mania. So we might just get to see Jericho v Punk!

Mr. McMahon
10-20-2011, 04:01 PM
He is gonna return as a face and feud with The Miz

ELNIOJR
10-20-2011, 05:04 PM

That would be interesting aswell. They had a brief thing when NXT debuted, and actually had a match...

AreYaSerious
10-20-2011, 05:09 PM

I hate to be lazy, but this is my exact opinion on this subject. I believe if Jericho does come back it'll be v Orton maybe helping out Rhodes in the process.

Robstar
10-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Jericho will come back as Super Liger and feud with Sin Cara

Click on this link to see Jericho's shocking new look! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Jericho