PDA

View Full Version : WWE/Paying for rehab

eyehatecena
10-19-2011, 10:34 PM
I do comend WWE paying for current and former WWF/E wrestlers, but after seeing tonights thing on ESPN dealing with Scott Hall, some people just can not be saved. Steph stated the company has help put him thru rehab a few times and the cost is in the 6 digits as of now. Any normal person would take advantage of free rehab, but I am guessing Halls inner demons prevented any kind of change. I did not realize that he had killed a man a year before making his AWA debut and I know that had to eat at him. Drugs, alcohol, partying with HBK, etc was his escape from that- not a great way to get over that, but he really did not have anybody helping deal with the crap. Him getting married, have two kids should have turned him around too, but that did not matter either.
Its just sad to see someone with the charisma, talent(ok he was not the greatest wrestler, but still), connections and all to turn out the way he has. His apearence at that one show from last year was shown(or it may have been earlier this year) was just so sad. The guy putting on the show said he showed up in a wheelchair before the show. why the hell he let him/or made him go out idk.
I know other wrestlers have had hard times during their careers but Hall is just lucky he is still alive

eyehatecena
10-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Do you think WWE should draw a line for how many times they are willing to help out former talent?

Personally I would think they would do whatever to have their name seen in a good light

dres1214
10-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Do you think WWE should draw a line for how many times they are willing to help out former talent?

Personally I would think they would do whatever to have their name seen in a good light

To answer your first question. IMO WWE shouldn't, just like you stated in your own response; to see their name in good light they would have to keep helping former or current talent. To me it would be a bad PR move on WWE. Let's face it, Scott Hall himself is a legend. I just hope he fights his demons and over comes this.

Mizfit
10-20-2011, 04:33 AM
He killed a guy? I didnt know that, shouldnt he be in jail or something?

Enforcer23
10-20-2011, 05:36 AM
I do comend WWE paying for current and former WWF/E wrestlers, but after seeing tonights thing on ESPN dealing with Scott Hall, some people just can not be saved. Steph stated the company has help put him thru rehab a few times and the cost is in the 6 digits as of now. Any normal person would take advantage of free rehab, but I am guessing Halls inner demons prevented any kind of change. I did not realize that he had killed a man a year before making his AWA debut and I know that had to eat at him. Drugs, alcohol, partying with HBK, etc was his escape from that- not a great way to get over that, but he really did not have anybody helping deal with the crap. Him getting married, have two kids should have turned him around too, but that did not matter either.
Its just sad to see someone with the charisma, talent(ok he was not the greatest wrestler, but still), connections and all to turn out the way he has. His apearence at that one show from last year was shown(or it may have been earlier this year) was just so sad. The guy putting on the show said he showed up in a wheelchair before the show. why the hell he let him/or made him go out idk.
I know other wrestlers have had hard times during their careers but Hall is just lucky he is still alive

yeah man its really sad i didint know he killed a guy either he was one of the wrestlers i liked way back then and its unfortinate that he has taken this road...i can only see it getting worse TBH

Y2Jryder
10-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Did he really killed someone?

Dr. Death
10-20-2011, 07:52 AM
He killed a guy? I didnt know that, shouldnt he be in jail or something?

In 1983, Hall was charged with second degree murder after shooting a man outside of a nightclub. However, charges against him for this crime were later dropped due to lack of evidence.

Tommy Thunder
10-20-2011, 07:54 AM
I haven't watched that program yet, but I've seen how bad Scott Hall has become.
If something isn't done about his problems then the hard truth is, he's going to die. It'll be a very very sad day if it comes to that.

I hope to God that he gets better.

Dr. Death
10-20-2011, 08:12 AM
To answer your first question. IMO WWE shouldn't, just like you stated in your own response; to see their name in good light they would have to keep helping former or current talent. To me it would be a bad PR move on WWE. Let's face it, Scott Hall himself is a legend. I just hope he fights his demons and over comes this.

I don't understand why people insist that Scott Hall is a legend. Maybe in the bars, but not in the ring. The WWE should cut all ties from Scott Hall, they have spent “six figures” (over $100,000) sending Hall to rehab multiple times. It’s the most amount of money the WWE has spent on anyone. After all of the support and care and rehab, Scott Hall continues to act like an idiot out to get attention - (oh poor me - poor me). There are a lot of other superstars that would jump at the chances Hall has had. He's a lost cause and is to be considered bad publicity for the WWE. Chance after drunk after chance after doped after chance, Scott Hall continues to be an embarrassment to friends, colleagues, family, associates, and himself. The bottom line is Scott Hall won't change until it's too late, he has no bottom to his barrel. Scott hall made a choice to sink instead of swim, and until he's ready to swim for himself - (nobody can do this for him) - he'll continue to sink.

eyehatecena
10-20-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't understand why people insist that Scott Hall is a legend. Maybe in the bars, but not in the ring. The WWE should cut all ties from Scott Hall, they have spent “six figures” (over $100,000) sending Hall to rehab multiple times. It’s the most amount of money the WWE has spent on anyone. After all of the support and care and rehab, Scott Hall continues to act like an idiot out to get attention - (oh poor me - poor me). There are a lot of other superstars that would jump at the chances Hall has had. He's a lost cause and is to be considered bad publicity for the WWE. Chance after drunk after chance after doped after chance, Scott Hall continues to be an embarrassment to friends, colleagues, family, associates, and himself. The bottom line is Scott Hall won't change until it's too late, he has no bottom to his barrel. Scott hall made a choice to sink instead of swim, and until he's ready to swim for himself - (nobody can do this for him) - he'll continue to sink.

Could not agree more with you, especially with the part I highlighted. WWE should just give up on him because all they have done is wasted money on him, but I know they will not. They will just throw more money at helping him until he dies. On the program Scott was training his son Cody to be a wrestler- which I would think would help turn Scott around, but Scott is just so screwed up the best thing for him to do is get the hell away from wrestling in all ways. It might keep him away from temptation for a lil while.
Scott could have gone the route of Shawn Michaels- after years of drugs, partying etc, Shawn turned his life around and became even a better wrestler, Scott just kept going on- He will be dead before he gets to his late 50s weather he helps him self or continues in his ways. He is just too fucked up based on what I saw last night

Dr. Death
10-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I have tried to be understanding about Scott Hall, especially since I have walked the path he is on many, many times. Treatment didn't work for me either, I had to dig deep and quit cold turkey from drugs and alcohol. I just couldn't look my kids or my wife or myself in the eye anymore. I felt lower than dirt. I got lucky and my wife and children helped me through the withdrawals and nurse me back to health. My wife brought me back from death - (overdose on meth) - 4 times in one night, which is documented. I'm glad to say that I am going on 10 years sobriety now. Anyway, Nobody can help Hall until he admits he has a problem and finds that spot deep inside of him that will drive him to want to change. It's sad but true. He cannot nor will not change until he learns to forgive himself for everything he believes he's done wrong. He is carrying around the weight of the world in guilt and needs to learn to let it go so he can live. That's the only way I know of that truly works and in it's simplicity, is the hardest thing anybody can do. Until that time comes, the WWE should cut ties with Hall IMO also.