PDA

View Full Version : Your teams in 2011

VanHooliganX
10-19-2011, 06:23 AM
Was going to do this in December but i'm semi bored currently. Besides if something major happens to 1 of your teams you can say later on :)
Basically say how each of your teams have done in 2011.
If you follow more than 1 sport like I do then do them in order.

Premier League: Manchester City - Only team I support that was won the big 1. This year they added a 5th FA Cup and the first cup in 30-something years. Although i'm happy we won the cup the big 1 avoids us, but we'll see what happens in 2012. Currently top of the league and still in the champions league and league cup.
MLB: Milwaukee Brewers - Never won the big 1. 1 appearence in the final which we lost to the Cardinals in 1982. This year we qualified for the playoffs and lost to the Cards 4-2 in the series before the World Series. I can hold my head up high as a Brewers fan. They have had a great season overall and i'm proud to of followed them very closely this year. (We did better than the Yankees, Phillies and Red Sox, I call that a plus :))
NHL: Vancouver Canucks - 2 previous final appearences before this year. Won everything they could except the Stanley Cup. Completely switched off vs the Boston Bullshits. Not looking good for us this season now.
MLS: Vancouver Whitecaps - First ever season! :D Not doing well but wasn't expecting to. We're not last at least. I see a good future with us too.
NFL: Jacksonville Jaguars - I barely ever made it towards the play-offs. We did well last season before fucking up the season to finish 8-8. Not looking good for us this season but we're still ahead of the Cults.
NBA: Phoenix Suns - Also 2 previous NBA finals but no win. Meh season, just didn't qualify for the play-offs and now the NBA is in a lockout, which is stupid
Lacrosse: Vancouver Ravens - Still haven't been re-created. Fingers crossed they are soon.

So how're you teams doing? :)

Tomsta666
10-19-2011, 06:38 AM
lulz, I just posted how my team was doing in the English football thread!! :cool:

BOROs unbeaten in 11 league games record finally came crashing down last night :(

Dismall 2-0 defeat by Notts Forrest. Really shitty performance by the smoggies. We didn't even have a shot in the first half. Up untill last night, we've been shit-hot on the road too, winning 4 out of 5. Too many draws at home though. Although we've only taken 4 points in the last 5 games, we're still 3rd in the league. If we can find the early form we had at the start of the league. I believe we can still be genuine contenders for the Championship title.

TheBeardOfZeus
10-19-2011, 07:54 AM
lulz, I just posted how my team was doing in the English football thread!! :cool:

BOROs unbeaten in 11 league games record finally came crashing down last night :(

Dismall 2-0 defeat by Notts Forrest. Really shitty performance by the smoggies. We didn't even have a shot in the first half. Up untill last night, we've been shit-hot on the road too, winning 4 out of 5. Too many draws at home though. Although we've only taken 4 points in the last 5 games, we're still 3rd in the league. If we can find the early form we had at the start of the league. I believe we can still be genuine contenders for the Championship title.

I think Boro will be there or there-abouts, providing they don't shit the bed.

EPL: Man United - Yet to lose but in a bit of indifferent form. Got City and Everton next then a much easier run until february time. 6 points from there and we could start pulling away.

Bundesliga: Leverkeusen - 3rd in the league, somehow, but we have played well at times this season.

NFL: San Diego Chargers - First time I have properly followed NFL, and I chose the awesome Chargers. 4-1 is a decent start, but we haven't played well. A win at Jets at the weekend would be perfect, then KC after that and a potential 6-1 would put us in an ideal position for the play-offs.