PDA

View Full Version : Same old wwe pg era....

abbinav
10-18-2011, 08:42 PM
TRipple h was doing a great job there was atleast some blood but now its about 2 weeks since john is the gm theres the same pg era again, you agree ?

VanHooliganX
10-18-2011, 08:48 PM
TRipple h was doing a great job there was atleast some blood but now its about 2 weeks since john is the gm theres the same pg era again, you agree ?

You do realise this is a storyline yes?

abbinav
10-18-2011, 08:54 PM
i noe , but laurinitus sucks

Asherdelampyr
10-18-2011, 08:55 PM

1. It's a storyline, this is still Vince's company

2. the PG is never going away it is too good for business. PG = more money from advertisers/sponsors/etc

broc808
10-18-2011, 08:57 PM

2. the PG is never going away it is too good for business. PG = more money from advertisers/sponsors/etc

you're going a bit far by saying it will never end, I agree it is great for business but eventually the PG era will definitely end, maybe not anytime soon but at some point

Asherdelampyr
10-18-2011, 09:05 PM
you're going a bit far by saying it will never end, I agree it is great for business but eventually the PG era will definitely end, maybe not anytime soon but at some point

I don't really think that it will, at least not in the next 10-20 years
really the US, along with a lot of other countries is getting more and more "family friendly" or whatever you want to call it (sissified) I do not see this trend lifting, as there are more and more "parents" out there who don't want to be bothered actually raising their children, and therefore expect the government and society at large to do so for them, leading to more and more television programs being deemed "to mature" to be on a non-premium channel like HBO/Showtime.

The kids being raised in this environment are very likely to keep it going, as their practical parenting knowledge from watching their mom and dad is going to be just as hands-off, thus putting more pressure on the FCC and other government entities (via watchdog groups and political lobbying) to censor and restrict more and more television, thereby keeping it profitable to keep things as "family friendly" as possible. As long as it is the most profitable option, it is the option that the WWE will take, they didn't survive this long without learning that much.

abbinav
10-18-2011, 09:05 PM
the pg will only end if linda is not running for senate

Krysys
10-18-2011, 09:17 PM

Why do people assume that WWE is PG because Linda is running for senate? News for ya, that's not the reason.

KJ PUNK
10-18-2011, 09:44 PM

That's a dumb argument.

Maybe with the extremely high number of deaths of wrestlers over the years, they don't want the product to be portrayed as "violent" or "dangerous" by outside media. Nobody ever thinks about that. Wrestling's been PG for a while, I suggest you stop bitching about it and enjoy the product.

maar13
10-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Why do people assume that WWE is PG because Linda is running for senate? News for ya, that's not the reason.

Exactly, It is not because of her, like Asherdelampyr said too, it means sponsor, advertisement and a lot more. Something WWE struggle to get during the Attitude Era, as attractive as it was, it had its issues with sponsors and had issues with a lot of Associations like PTC (I think) which got a parody on RTC and a lot of others.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-18-2011, 10:02 PM
They had to change to PG for a number of reasons, the final one being the Benoit incident! If they hadn't changed then, WWE very well might not be around today, (at least in a wrestling capacity) that's how serious the situation became!

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 10:23 PM
That's a dumb argument.

Maybe with the extremely high number of deaths of wrestlers over the years, they don't want the product to be portrayed as "violent" or "dangerous" by outside media. Nobody ever thinks about that. Wrestling's been PG for a while, I suggest you stop bitching about it and enjoy the product.

Extremely? That's a bit far.

KJ PUNK
10-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Extremely? That's a bit far.

Compared to other sports/media professions, it's pretty high.

MavLeeHill
10-19-2011, 12:53 AM
"not in the next 10-20 years". In the words of George Costanza "Who are you to play god!?". Lol I felt like using that.

Super Kicked
10-19-2011, 02:03 AM
WWE is in Nintendo mode. Sony and Microsoft were all like, "Were going after the demographic of gamers that started with Mario and are now in their 30's. So, bigger better graphics, sex, violence, curse out your friends online and have a blast being thirty. We still love you."

Then Nintendo is all like, "Oh yeah? You do that and we'll go after the kids again. Your gonna get Mario, Zelda, and Metriod. Deal with it @%#^!@"

And Nintendo out sells the other two companies combined.

They go after the younger generation while still keeping a modest retention of their original fans. Parents feel safe because that is what they grew up with, buy their children the merchendise because they think it is cool that their kid is into something that they were into when they were kids, and the company makes out like a bandit in a blindfolks home.

Was that last paragraph about WWE or Nintendo? Consider it a choose your own adventure where whatever path you take either company makes money.

TheEelDeal
10-19-2011, 02:32 AM
Can I ask a question - does anyone find it interesting that in an era where alot of other things are heading toward being more violent, graphic etc. That WWE chose to go PG?

I know theres exceptions but curious whether other people agree

Mizfit
10-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Newsflash for you:

BLOOD DOES NOT MAKE WRESTLING

personnaly I quite like the PG era (shoot me now), without the blading when someone bleeds you know something has really happened like with Cody Rhodes, and personnally i have always thought hardcore/no holes barred matches were over rated it just two guys beating each other with chairs, not wrestling

steveorton
10-19-2011, 06:51 AM

Quoted for the truth

Gazza010
10-19-2011, 07:39 AM
i noe , but laurinitus sucks

That is the most immature reply ever!

He must be good as a character if he has apparantely pissed you off that much!

And you cant spell either. It just makes your argument more and more pitiful!

Xpacfan
10-19-2011, 09:29 AM

This is a bit off topic...but dude, your signature is AWESOME! Can I have the code for it?

jordan1995
10-19-2011, 09:40 AM

hmmm no its here because it family friendly makes more money advertising sponsors merch etc

Sully
10-19-2011, 11:22 AM

^

This...plus what are you even talking about? The show has been PG for nearly the last four and a half years. Some blood? Um...no there wasn't any blood. The only blood I can think of that occurred was between Cody and Randy, and do you think they planned that? There was a reason why that entire accident was edited in the on air version of the show.

Asherdelampyr
10-19-2011, 11:47 AM
This is a bit off topic...but dude, your signature is AWESOME! Can I have the code for it?

feel free to do a right click, copy image url or save image as. I did not create it, I am just good at finding stuff, not making stuff :)

chunkkynutzzz
10-19-2011, 02:08 PM
WWE pg is Good Because when They Do Go Edgey My Gawd will Wrestling Get Great, its with Time that Makes Storylines better remember a lot of the wrestlers at the top are still young enough to last till the next era

Sully
10-19-2011, 02:20 PM
WWE pg is Good Because when They Do Go Edgey My Gawd will Wrestling Get Great, its with Time that Makes Storylines better remember a lot of the wrestlers at the top are still young enough to last till the next era

Maybe that's their master plan? Make WWE really suck...but get great profits from ads and sponsors...then when it's time to soak in all the cash, turn WWE straight back into a new era, which will also boost profits.

chunkkynutzzz
10-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Maybe that's their master plan? Make WWE really suck...but get great profits from ads and sponsors...then when it's time to soak in all the cash, turn WWE straight back into a new era, which will also boost profits.

And that's exactly whatt they are doing cena is hogan

Sully
10-20-2011, 09:08 AM
And that's exactly whatt they are doing cena is hogan

Can you give me a comparison of what ways Cena is related to Hogan, and what routes WWE can do to express this?

abbinav
10-21-2011, 01:46 PM
i agreee!!