PDA

View Full Version : DX reuintes with honorary member at Vengeance?

zrdt12
10-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Just going out on a limb to say this just because I can.

The teasers:

HBK's hometown.
CM Punk wearing DX colors on Raw.

Ways this can happen:

Well they can continue to get over R-Truth and Miz as top notch heels by dismantling HHH and CM Punk and possibly even getting a "heel like" victory but after HBK comes in and saves the day and we get one of the last DX moments. He'd make the fans real happy if this happens. Of course it wouldn't be a HBK return just an appearence. HHH pedigrees someone through a table and Punk knocks out the other guy and they together do a DX pose.

Given this scenario what can happen:

This should lead to a CM Punk heel turn/tweener Punk/HHH rivalry around mania or earlier if they want to better utilize Punk at Mania. His reason being that DX always doubted him in the past why now? Only because HHH needed his arse saved and is too old to do it alone. Though very unrealistic unless it's for a PPV as big as Mania, HBK can cut some promos via Satelite and say he always believed in Punk and HBK ends up being the guest referee for the match and no one knows whos side he's on. A scuffle should occur between HBK/HHH to question their friendship. This most likely should be used as a Mania possibility due to HHH and Punk needs to stick together through Survivor series and a little longer, more or less use this night to plant some seeds and twist things around later. The seeds are also planted for Nash so he can get involved too somehow even though no one really wants that.

Also I'm going to be pissed if this match isn't the main event and probably won't watch Cena/ Del Rio if it is the main event.

Tommy Thunder
10-18-2011, 05:05 PM
I actually thought about this a few days back.
If there were ever to be another incarnation of DX, CM Punk would surely be top of the list as one of the new members, since he (like DX) is outspoken and controversial.

And like you say, since Vengeance is in San Antonio, why not expect some sort of DX segment. Even if it's a dark segment.

Rilla
10-18-2011, 05:13 PM
As much as I think this would be a good thing, in some respects.

I can already see the headlines of threads on multiple sites:

WTFWWE MESSED UP PUNK:

He was feuding with HHH and now they are buddy buddy, in DX together. OMFG I HATE WWE.

--

Though, I think this could be VERY good for Punk.

JamFran
10-18-2011, 05:17 PM
it would be very entertaining and all, but I doubt the WWE will do this...

Robstar
10-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't want to think of Punk as a 'short lived member of DX' in years to come. As much as I loved DX and like Punk, it's a big no from me. Let Shawn and Hunter keep hawking their merch by themselves

Tommy Thunder
10-18-2011, 05:26 PM
IF WWE do a DX segment, then it's more than likely to be a dark segment.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
10-18-2011, 05:39 PM
I don't want to think of Punk as a 'short lived member of DX' in years to come. As much as I loved DX and like Punk, it's a big no from me. Let Shawn and Hunter keep hawking their merch by themselves

Agree 100% but.. really hope HBK shows up :) like said above tho, if he does it's likley too be a dark segment,

Synned
10-18-2011, 07:21 PM
are we forgetting SS a few years ago when punk/hardys/dx teamed to gether and HHH called punk the future of hte WWE.

GNWE_CMPunk
10-19-2011, 01:39 AM
I've never been a fan of enemies teaming, when Randy Orton and John Cena after the match where Cena was special guest referee, I almost through my tv out the window!!!

Punk's done a great job of not falling into that trap, working with Cena, but not fulling being he's 'Friend'
and I'm worried WWE has already screwed it up with HHH and Punk.

I say, come Vengeance, Punk betrays Trips. not to join Awesome Truth, just to betray him!
They have a match at Survivor Series, Punk wins and we all go home happy.

Brewer 314
10-19-2011, 01:42 AM

Right on with this!

Nobody wants to see CM Punk modeling WWE's horrible DX merch.

kashani1984
10-19-2011, 04:40 AM
wont happen, last time HBK was on WWE tv, just a few short months ago he Super kicked Punk. Short memories guys... Punk should be out to get HBK, or either and more probably, just let DX be DX. Butremember Road Dogg is working with the 'E again.

Automatic
10-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Bad idea, can you imagine Punk doing crotch chops? When I think of DX I think of promiscuity, while Punk is straight edge. That doesn't quite mix well in my opinion.
And I'm no fan of putting current Superstars in factions of the Attitude Era.

VanHooliganX
10-19-2011, 06:28 AM
are we forgetting SS a few years ago when punk/hardys/dx teamed to gether and HHH called punk the future of hte WWE.

You forgetting Triple H also said he'd kick CM Punks SKINNY PHAT ASS!

kashani1984
10-19-2011, 07:13 AM
maybe Hornswoggle

Sully
10-19-2011, 11:23 AM
I actually thought about this a few days back.
If there were ever to be another incarnation of DX, CM Punk would surely be top of the list as one of the new members, since he (like DX) is outspoken and controversial.

And like you say, since Vengeance is in San Antonio, why not expect some sort of DX segment. Even if it's a dark segment.

I never looked at it like that...but CM Punk doesn't seem to be as raunchy as the members of DX proved to be.

Dr. Death
10-19-2011, 11:36 AM
It won't happen. CM Punk will not be a part of DX. I just do not see it happening.

Y2Jryder
10-19-2011, 12:30 PM
People still don't know what retired means?

chunkkynutzzz
10-19-2011, 01:59 PM
D Generation X a new Batch With
Cm Punk, Seth Rollins, Trent Baretta and Triple H Won't be Bad At All

Sully
10-19-2011, 02:18 PM
People still don't know what retired means?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_E3aT2431XpA/TM14vKV8FGI/AAAAAAAAGsE/c87Q5HqIkpw/s1600/ATT00001.jpg

Y2J___Y2J
10-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Maybe a backstage skit.. but I can't see HBK doing anything in front of a live audience..

chunkkynutzzz
10-19-2011, 04:49 PM
New Generation X

DonzelDomination
10-19-2011, 05:51 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_E3aT2431XpA/TM14vKV8FGI/AAAAAAAAGsE/c87Q5HqIkpw/s1600/ATT00001.jpg

Oh hellllll no
Leave the Vikings outta this

On topic
I think punk in dx would be funny
Just think of the shameless merch plugs

zrdt12
10-19-2011, 07:35 PM
I've never been a fan of enemies teaming, when Randy Orton and John Cena after the match where Cena was special guest referee, I almost through my tv out the window!!!

Punk's done a great job of not falling into that trap, working with Cena, but not fulling being he's 'Friend'
and I'm worried WWE has already screwed it up with HHH and Punk.

I say, come Vengeance, Punk betrays Trips. not to join Awesome Truth, just to betray him!
They have a match at Survivor Series, Punk wins and we all go home happy.

I just don't see how this is enemies teaming. Punk and HHH were bound to join forces, both guys were showered as top faces ever since the big CM Punk face turn.

Honorary member part was kind of spark of the moment. It would more than likely just be a typical DX pose.

In reality I think it's more likely fot a HHH heel turn against Punk in the future to get Punk over even more before HHH quits/ wrestles much less (assuming he's soon to be done, and def already thought he was done.)

Viperfish
10-19-2011, 08:07 PM
They could put him in DX for a little while and then have Punk shock us all with a barbershop window-like moment if they do it right... not that CM Punk needs a big launch since he's already a big star at this point but I think it would really drive it home that he's a lone wolf and that he's unpredictable. Especially because of the PG values that WWE has right now, something overly violent like that is shock-worthy material. I remember Jim Cornette saying that a guy clocking another guy with a roll of quarters in his fist could be the catalyst that drives a major feud way back when. Thanks to hardcore wrestling and the attitude era, you couldn't have that kind of shock value out of something so simple as a roll of quarters unless you were totally over the top like Austin and the beer truck. Now that WWE's been fairly tame over the last few years, something of the hardcore era done in 2011/2012 would be shock-worthy again... the same way that curse words now are so noticeable by comparison to the stuff you'd hear out of wrestlers' mouths in the late 90s.

AreYaSerious
10-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I too thought Punk's DX colors on Monday night might of meant something too. I think someone is going to interfere with there might and shawn might come out and kick the person who interferes. That or a backstage skit. However it could of been just to get people excited about something that won't happen.

chunkkynutzzz
10-19-2011, 09:51 PM
I too thought Punk's DX colors on Monday night might of meant something too. I think someone is going to interfere with there might and shawn might come out and kick the person who interferes. That or a backstage skit. However it could of been just to get people excited about something that won't happen.

That too get us all hype knowing damn well they ain't gonna do that
Have cm punk in dx
Altho I would love datt