PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe to WWE!?

kashani1984
10-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Do you think Joe will go to WWE. I think now is the time for him, He is not getting a chance in TNA so what does he have to lose in WWE?
Austin recently tweted that WWE should sign Joe when his cntract expires later this year, and he is friends with Cena. Getting props from one of the biggest names in the industry is a huge compliment.

What do you think?
Joe to WWE or Joe to stay in, lost in the shuffle in TNA? I think WWE could use a guy like Joe, especially to bring in and have fueds with Ziggler & Rhodes over the US or IC title b4 getting a push for the world or WWE title, Imagine Joe v Bryan for the WHC, or Joe v Punk for the WWE title, would help bring some integrity and excitement to the title3 picture.

HCollins-TNA1
10-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Joe to Ring of Honor or NWA before he would go to WWE.....
Joe would be lost in the shuffle and mis-used and abused in the WWE....
What will they do give him a undefeated streak??? Win the US or IC title and then choke in a World title match against Cena, Orton, or Mark Henry or etc???
His best bet stay where he at or go back to where he began!!!

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 03:30 PM
No I don't ever see him being hired by the E.

I do love how so many people say "*Insert IMPACT wrestlers name* should go to WWE. They'd be great there." You don't just turn up at a Raw or SD event and say "Hi. I'm in. Who am I wrestling tonight?". The WWE doesn't just hire every wrestler that knocks on there door.

kashani1984
10-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Never said he would just turn up 1 day and wrestle for WWE. He has apparently had contact with WWE, Austin has mentioned WWE hiring him, and JR mentioned Joe in his blog. WWE is aware of Joe as he, Cena and others trained at a wwe development territory, where Joe has appeared on WWE TV before. WWE needs fresh faces, that CAN work. Guys like Mark Henry wont be around for long, who will be the next mark henry? Kane? Undertaker? HHH? and so on. in about the next 2-5 years the WWE roster will be a hell of a lot different from what it is just now, most top guys including Msterio are knocking on retirements door. I bet, within the next year or 2 Joe will be in WWE.

Robstar
10-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Actually, to clarify, it's Joe and CM Punk who are close friends, I have no idea if Joe even knows Cena. All things considered, Punk has about as much stroke as you can get with WWE right now and if he lobbied hard, maybe they'd listen. However, I think WWE would have issues with Joe's weight - in fact is it just me or has Joe put on weight? Mind you, there are a few larger stars in WWE so maybe that's a moot point

Reloval
10-18-2011, 03:48 PM
I want Joe to choke out Hogan IRL.

Reloval
10-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Actually, to clarify, it's Joe and CM Punk who are close friends, I have no idea if Joe even knows Cena. All things considered, Punk has about as much stroke as you can get with WWE right now and if he lobbied hard, maybe they'd listen. However, I think WWE would have issues with Joe's weight - in fact is it just me or has Joe put on weight? Mind you, there are a few larger stars in WWE so maybe that's a moot point

I don't think the weight Joe has is a huge issue (Look at Brodus Clay). He's a bit on the heavy side but he still seems to be in good shape. WWE usually has the issue with people getting "out of shape" fat.

HCollins-TNA1
10-18-2011, 03:53 PM

Joe and Cena does have a past in Ultimate Pro Wrestling (UPW) which that was 9 or 10 years ago now....... Other then that I still don't think Joe will go unless he get promised the sky in the WWE...

Robstar
10-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Joe and Cena does have a past in Ultimate Pro Wrestling (UPW) which that was 9 or 10 years ago now....... Other then that I still don't think Joe will go unless he get promised the sky in the WWE...

At least there's the chance of being included in the title picture in TNA. I could see a good Hardy/Joe feud in the future, that could promise some great matches

kashani1984
10-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Yup UPW, Cena, Joe, Kazarian, Daniels and a few others were trained, and Like @robstar said, he is friends with Punk to, and punk seems to have a few ears in WWE. Put it this way, if my contract with TNA expired and they offered me to stay for what? $500-$1000 an appearance? to be on the bottom of the pile with pretty much no tv time, no promo time and creative having nothing for you, and WWE came in with a contract suggesting he will be on either RAW or SmackDown! (both the 2 main wrestling shows on TV) for $50-$100000 a year contract, and probably a US or IC title shot/Run, then id take it. And for the weight issue, besides Brodus Clay, Mark Henry, Umaga, Rikishi, Yokozuna, were all over the 300lbs mark and had decent runs in WWE. I dont think Joe is near 300lbs, but if he is im sure he could shed 15-20lbs to try and make it in "the big leagues"

Asherdelampyr
10-18-2011, 04:06 PM

I wonder how hard CM Punk lobbied to get Colt Cabana hired?

I just don't see his supposed stroke as being enough here, and while I think that Samoa Joe is awesome, I could easily see him spending any WWE career jobbing out to everybody.

brooklynra
10-18-2011, 04:09 PM

I doubt Punk has any stroke due to wwe not even picking up the phone for his close friend colt cabana

THE HEARTBREAK KID
10-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Cant really see samoa joe coming too the wwe, not really sure he could add anything different either or enough too bring him in anyways, if he does come tho i sure hope he gets some decent ring attire what are those two tone trunks all about !!

thisiswrestling
10-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Everyone keeps saying Joe is bigger, can someone post a pic of him today? I haven't watched TNA since Hogan debuted.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Punk may have more sway than before backstage but Punk getting pushes for existing WWE wrestlers and getting them to sign new ones, are two totally different things!! Where's Colt Cabana?!?!

EDIT: Zing, I've just noticed this has been mentioned but sod it, my point (though late) stays!! :p

Russo swerve
10-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Colt cabana sucks thats why wwe doesnt want him

second_city_sinner
10-18-2011, 04:48 PM
joe hasn't got good charisma they will make him a generic samoan they'll put him in a grass skirt an he'll be gone in 6months, and he isnt tv friendly he looks terrible working with the guys who are in shape he is a great wrestler and hid moveset can you see a cena or even punk wanting to take those kind of shots and bumps:/ but thats my opinion

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Joe is:
32 years old
Hasn't held a major title in over 2 years
Is showing no real signs of being pushed for a title at present
Arguably peaked about 3-5 years ago
Like it or not is carrying a few extra doughnut pounds
Has little or no merchandise selling power
Isn't great on the mic.

Yep. WWE will snap up this example of top flight IMPACT wrestler ahead of Roode, Storm, Crimson, Morgan etc..

Peter Kaymakcian
10-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Joe is one of the few guys I would say should go to TNA from WWE only because of his size, wrestling ability, and his ability on the mic. Plus Joe is best friends with John Cena and CM Punk which will help get pushed look at what HHH did for Sheamus. Also another good thing Joe has going for him is he is backed by Stone Cold. With those three names Joe will do great in WWE in my opinion because WWE is all about who you know and who is backing you. With Joe's skill set and his friends backstage Joe can at least win one world title.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-18-2011, 05:29 PM

Joe is really close with Cena. I heard when WWE had WM in Orlando when HBK faced Taker Cena, Joe, Punk, and one other guy had a sleep over/hang out. These are things I've read online though. But all the sources say Joe and Cena are tighter then Joe and Punk.

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Joe is really close with Cena. I heard when WWE had WM in Orlando when HBK faced Taker Cena, Joe, Punk, and one other guy had a sleep over/hang out. These are things I've read online though. But all the sources say Joe and Cena are tighter then Joe and Punk.

Cena, Punk and Joe are 12 year old girls?

Peter Kaymakcian
10-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Cena, Punk and Joe are 12 year old girls?

Plenty of guys sleep over each other houses all the time. Its called hanging with your bros. Nice try though.

ratedy2jayz
10-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Why is everyone always so certain someone is going to be used horribly when they go to WWE? Sure Joe's gonna have to earn his way up, but if he's as good as I think he is he can do it. And due to the fact that he's really good friends with the 2 top Raw Superstars and has been recommended by 2 Hall of Famers (Stone Cold and Bret Hart) it's pretty realistic that Joe could make it in the WWE.

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Plenty of guys sleep over each other houses all the time. Its called hanging with your bros. Nice try though.

If it's a 'sleep over', you are a 12 year old girl. If it's crashing at a mates house that's different.

Robstar
10-18-2011, 06:06 PM
joe hasn't got good charisma they will make him a generic samoan they'll put him in a grass skirt an he'll be gone in 6months, and he isnt tv friendly he looks terrible working with the guys who are in shape he is a great wrestler and hid moveset can you see a cena or even punk wanting to take those kind of shots and bumps:/ but thats my opinion

This, I have to agree with. But the two tone isn't working for him either. I think they missed the boat when they derailed that "Nation of Violence" or whatever it was, thing

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Why is everyone always so certain someone is going to be used horribly when they go to WWE? Sure Joe's gonna have to earn his way up, but if he's as good as I think he is he can do it. And due to the fact that he's really good friends with the 2 top Raw Superstars and has been recommended by 2 Hall of Famers (Stone Cold and Bret Hart) it's pretty realistic that Joe could make it in the WWE.

Joining at 32+. No really time for him to work his way up. He peaked years ago.

ratedy2jayz
10-18-2011, 06:11 PM

That's true but signing a WWE contract and being in the big company could motivate him to get in shape and rejuvenate his career.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-18-2011, 06:33 PM
If it's a 'sleep over', you are a 12 year old girl. If it's crashing at a mates house that's different.

Fair enough

Peter Kaymakcian
10-18-2011, 06:34 PM

Del Rio was 33 when he debuted with WWE last year and 32 when he was signed by WWE and sent to FCW. Del Rio did this without the endorsements of Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Punk, and Cena

The Sneakiness
10-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Nice misleading thread title OP.

From the gist of the flick through this thread seems like general concensus is that Joe has peaked or is too old.

Who debuted in the WWE in their 30's and is now WWE Champion?

Joe tried for WWE and didn't make it then, what is gonna change Vince;s mind now?

Asherdelampyr
10-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Nice misleading thread title OP.

From the gist of the flick through this thread seems like general concensus is that Joe has peaked or is too old.

Who debuted in the WWE in their 30's and is now WWE Champion?

Joe tried for WWE and didn't make it then, what is gonna change Vince;s mind now?

AAAAALLLLLLLLLLBEEEERRRRRTTTTTTTTOOOOOOO DEEEEEELLLLL RRRRRRRRIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

couldn't resist.
seriously though, I don't think it is a matter of age so much as just that Joe, while a phenomenal athlete (when he stays in shape) is not particularly impressive looking, and I cannot see him submitting to the usual WWE Samoan Stereotype BS (Though, with the Uso's staying away from much of it, perhaps that stereotype is finally suffering a well-deserved demise) I think TNA has something fairly major planned for Joe, perhaps even a return to the Nation of Violence.

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Del Rio was 33 when he debuted with WWE last year and 32 when he was signed by WWE and sent to FCW. Del Rio did this without the endorsements of Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Punk, and Cena

The difference being that ADR was bought in to be a champion. From the first promo video he was clearly getting pushed hard and fast from day one. Joe wouldn't be.

AreYaSerious
10-18-2011, 06:50 PM
I would love for Joe to be in the WWE, but I don't really see it happening.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-18-2011, 06:57 PM
The difference being that ADR was bought in to be a champion. From the first promo video he was clearly getting pushed hard and fast from day one. Joe wouldn't be.

And with recommendations from two Hall of Famers and two of WWE's top guys Joe couldn't get the same push? All I am saying is Joe would have some pretty big names pulling for him if he went into WWE in the coming months. Which is the biggest factor in WWE.

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 07:00 PM
And with recommendations from two Hall of Famers and two of WWE's top guys Joe couldn't get the same push? All I am saying is Joe would have some pretty big names pulling for him if he went into WWE in the coming months. Which is the biggest factor in WWE.

You want us to believe that Samoa Joe would get offered not just a WWE contract, but be pushed to main event and title shots/wins upon arrival?

Someone call the emergency room. My sides have split.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-18-2011, 08:35 PM
You want us to believe that Samoa Joe would get offered not just a WWE contract, but be pushed to main event and title shots/wins upon arrival?

Someone call the emergency room. My sides have split.

Sheamus within a month of being on Raw won the WWE Title and beat the face of the company in John Cena solely on the recommendations of HHH. So you are telling me with four huge mouths in Vince's ears he wouldn't show a tiny bit of support for Joe?

maar13
10-18-2011, 09:02 PM
What will they do give him a undefeated streak??? Win the US or IC title and then choke in a World title match against Cena, Orton, or Mark Henry or etc???

Like he hasn't been abused or mis-used in TNA, he has been demoted since a long time ago there...I am still waiting for an explanation of his kidnapping.

You talk like TNA is heaven and WWE is Hell and certainly, TNA is not the best for Joe and hasn't been for a long time.

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Sheamus within a month of being on Raw won the WWE Title and beat the face of the company in John Cena solely on the recommendations of HHH. So you are telling me with four huge mouths in Vince's ears he wouldn't show a tiny bit of support for Joe?

Sheamus has the look they like (well over 6 foot and muscular), was on the up (hadn't peaked) so they knew they'd have years and years out of him, has a good presence in the ring and on the mic. I don't think you can claim Joe is like that. You're clearly a Joe mark and won't accept it, but Joe, if they hired him, would be buried into low mid-card.

maar13
10-18-2011, 09:10 PM

Edge got his first title when he was like 35, same Jericho and same RVD.

Benoit got it 37 and Eddie 36 and those two really had to work their way up the ladder, none of them where brought to be champions.

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Edge got his first title when he was like 35, same Jericho and same RVD.

Benoit got it 37 and Eddie 36 and those two really had to work their way up the ladder, none of them where brought to be champions.

Edge IC at 26, WWE CHampion at 32, WHC at 33.

Jericho IC at 29, WWE Champion at 31.

Whilst not getting a world title till 36, RVD had the IC at 31, Benoit at 32 and Eddie at 33.

So whilst you are partly right about some of your claims, the facts remain that all of those guy worked for either WWF or WCW for the years running up to their big title wins. All of them got at least the IC before Joe could (if he sign with WWE today), except Eddie. Joe peaked in his late 20's, these guys all peaked in the 30s.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Sheamus has the look they like (well over 6 foot and muscular), was on the up (hadn't peaked) so they knew they'd have years and years out of him, has a good presence in the ring and on the mic. I don't think you can claim Joe is like that. You're clearly a Joe mark and won't accept it, but Joe, if they hired him, would be buried into low mid-card.

Wow calling someone a mark, yeah that should prove your argument. All I am saying that with four big names in your corner the sky is the limit. You mean while keep saying well he is to old. Considering Christian won the world title at the age of 37 solely because of Edge. Now Christian does not have all of the qualities WWE looks for as he is not that tell and is relatively small. Mark Henry won the title at the age of 40 and he is a lot bigger then Joe. Who you know in WWE can out weigh any minor defect you might have.

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Wow calling someone a mark, yeah that should prove your argument. All I am saying that with four big names in your corner the sky is the limit. You mean while keep saying well he is to old. Considering Christian won the world title at the age of 37 solely because of Edge. Now Christian does not have all of the qualities WWE looks for as he is not that tell and is relatively small. Mark Henry won the title at the age of 40 and he is a lot bigger then Joe. Who you know in WWE can out weigh any minor defect you might have.

You are kidding yourself if you think Joe will EVER get a world title shot, unless he signs tomorrow, works for 10 years, gains a large fan base within the E and then gets a charity title at the end of his career. I don't see that happening.

Pumpkinhead
10-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Joe in the WWE ?, not goin to happen

KJ PUNK
10-18-2011, 10:02 PM

They had a pretty lengthy feud in UPW before Cena was sent to OVW.

maar13
10-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Edge IC at 26, WWE CHampion at 32, WHC at 33.

Jericho IC at 29, WWE Champion at 31.

Whilst not getting a world title till 36, RVD had the IC at 31, Benoit at 32 and Eddie at 33.

So whilst you are partly right about some of your claims, the facts remain that all of those guy worked for either WWF or WCW for the years running up to their big title wins. All of them got at least the IC before Joe could (if he sign with WWE today), except Eddie. Joe peaked in his late 20's, these guys all peaked in the 30s.

You might be right, but you do realize that some people that get in are not really meant to win the middle card title, I mean, Sheamus won the WWE title and after it failed he got the US title.

The Undertaker never won a mid card title, The Hardcore title doesn't count for that.

I am not saying Joe will get a monster push but in your argument of Peaking, Joe is only 32, he still has a few years to bounce back. Hey, Some people peak earlier than others and some never really do. R-Truth is getting his best work right now and he is like 40. Batista won the title at 39 or 38 and that when none really though he would.

I mean if TNA Creative would get their head out of their asses Joe would be a real threat and not an enhancement talent that he is now.

If WWE wanted to Joe could be a great acquisition, but I remark IF they wanted to.

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 10:30 PM
You might be right, but you do realize that some people that get in are not really meant to win the middle card title, I mean, Sheamus won the WWE title and after it failed he got the US title.

The Undertaker never won a mid card title, The Hardcore title doesn't count for that.

I am not saying Joe will get a monster push but in your argument of Peaking, Joe is only 32, he still has a few years to bounce back. Hey, Some people peak earlier than others and some never really do. R-Truth is getting his best work right now and he is like 40. Batista won the title at 39 or 38 and that when none really though he would.

I mean if TNA Creative would get their head out of their asses Joe would be a real threat and not an enhancement talent that he is now.

If WWE wanted to Joe could be a great acquisition, but I remark IF they wanted to.

No offense, but I see Joe as a spent force. He was good a few years back and is now past his prime. Even back when he was good he was only good, not amazing. It's just to late to be a success in WWE for him. Maybe if he'd got there 5 years ago he might have held some mid card titles and possibly even grabbed a world title or two, but he just doesn't have the draw or merchandising power to be a main eventer in the E.

the wrestling shade
10-19-2011, 12:27 AM
you know somehow i believe Joe knows this, that is why he isnt going to WWE because if he realy wanted to take a big risk, he would have gone allready.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-19-2011, 01:38 AM
You are kidding yourself if you think Joe will EVER get a world title shot, unless he signs tomorrow, works for 10 years, gains a large fan base within the E and then gets a charity title at the end of his career. I don't see that happening.

I never said an immediate title shot. What I am saying is that Joe could use his influence with Cena and Punk, plus support from Stone Cold and Bret Hart he has a decent shot at a run with the WWE.

URATOOL
10-19-2011, 03:35 AM
I never said an immediate title shot. What I am saying is that Joe could use his influence with Cena and Punk, plus support from Stone Cold and Bret Hart he has a decent shot at a run with the WWE.

As a jobber or in an awkward tag team with Santino.

kashani1984
10-19-2011, 04:37 AM
For people who ay Joe has peaked can I ask how? You are all going on the basis of his current TNA matches which he jobs a lot on and gets hardly any air time. Put Joe vs Aj 20-25mins on the next PPV and i bet it would tear the house down!
Wrestlers past there prime? when was taker in his prime? for me it was in th last 3-5 years he has been in WWE. Bret Hart, probably in his 40's. but the fact is, it is who you work with. Cena absolutley sucks in the ring, but you go watch MITB again, and tell me Punk dident elevate his game. Now Punk v Joe would prove Joe isnt past his prime.
Matt Morgan wouldnt go back to WWE, hes to comfortable in TNA, Bobby Roode, prob not just now, and Strom, well hes just won the strap so he wont leave TNA anytime soon. Fact is, Joes contract is up soon in TNA, and the way his character has been going, I doubt he will resign.
You put Austin, Bret, Punk & Cena... And JR whom has not been mentioned yet, all chomping at thebit for Joe, then WWE really has to look at him.
And to the post that said why would WWE want him now when they didnt want him 10years ago or whatever, is basically, its a changed time, Do you think Cena, Miz or Zach Ryder would have got a shot in WWE 10 years ago... Exactly. R Trut is a prime example, he was K Kwik and that failed, went to TNA as Ron Killings, done well returned to WWE and look, hes pretty much in the main event picture. Another example is Kevin Nash, WTF does the WWE want with him? Joe can bring more to the table that Nash....

Super Kicked
10-19-2011, 04:59 AM
You make is sound like there is someone at WWE sitting in a room waiting for Joe's contract to expire so they can lay offers at his doorstep. I don't think this is the case. Maybe if he has friends, as was said earlier in the thread, talking him up in Vince's ear then they may get him a try out, but I don't think the E is eagerly anticipating the expiration of the Samoan Submission Machine's contract.

As for Nash? He comes with a legends contract.

kashani1984
10-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Last month Steve Austin made headlines when he said WWE should sign TNA star Samoa Joe when his contract expires later this year. Austin tweeted:

“WWE should sign @SamoaJoe as soon as his TNA contract is up. One of my favorite workers in today’s game. Needs a full green light

It appears that Stone Cold might get his wish – because sources in TNA have informed us that Samoa Joe has been talking seriously about jumping to WWE as soon as he can.

In reality, yes, WWE can only negociate with Joe when his TNA contract expires.

Murphdogg4
10-19-2011, 05:53 AM
The final word on this topic that's been brought up a billion times. Unless Joe goes on a crash diet or get's some kind of crazy surgery he would do nothing but get buried if he ever went to the WWE. They don't care how your work it's how you look.

URATOOL
10-19-2011, 05:54 AM
Last month Steve Austin made headlines when he said WWE should sign TNA star Samoa Joe when his contract expires later this year. Austin tweeted:

“WWE should sign @SamoaJoe as soon as his TNA contract is up. One of my favorite workers in today’s game. Needs a full green light

It appears that Stone Cold might get his wish – because sources in TNA have informed us that Samoa Joe has been talking seriously about jumping to WWE as soon as he can.

In reality, yes, WWE can only negociate with Joe when his TNA contract expires.

Oh they may well sign him. But he'll just be jobbing for a bigger pay package. Sad, but true.

steveorton
10-19-2011, 06:53 AM
I know many will say Joe to ROH or some other Indies promotion but I want to see him in the WWE if/when he leaves Tna.

URATOOL
10-19-2011, 06:57 AM
I know many will say Joe to ROH or some other Indies promotion but I want to see him in the WWE if/when he leaves Tna.

You want to see him midcard jobbing?

kashani1984
10-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Umaga done ok in WWE, im sure Joe would do just aswell. No reason he would be a jobber, just cos hes overwieght? Mark Henry is overweight, Brodus Clay, and so on, just cos he doesnt have the GERERIC WWE body, he wont get hired? Bullshit. Joe can work in WWE, he has proved he can work with some of the best in Kurt Angle, & AJ Styles, and can mix it up with whatever style his opponents wrestle. For those of you who say Joe will be a jobber, wasnt Cena & Orton Jobbers in WWE @ 1 point?

TheRockerGother
10-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Maybe Joe can be the next big Vance Archer?That's all I see him in WWE a joke. That's my honest opinion.

jordan1995
10-19-2011, 09:47 AM
i dont want to see him in wwe as to be honest i could see him being used worse than in TNA , hopefully tna will get their act together and suddenly remember how talented joe is ..but i think his best option is ROH ive said he would be best off there since 2009

steveorton
10-19-2011, 10:39 AM

I already see enough of that in Tna. Yes there's a high chance WWE will job him out but at least he will be getting much more money. His name will become much more known and when/if he chooses to leave the WWE I am sure Tna will welcome him with open hands because they love ex-WWE guys. His going to WWE cam be a good thing: name recognition, more money and a high chance to bang Kelly Kelly :D

Y2Jryder
10-19-2011, 11:36 AM

WWE doesn't screw up every wrestler....

kashani1984
10-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Samoa Joe's WWE Debut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQwALrvIf20

Asherdelampyr
10-19-2011, 12:16 PM
WWE doesn't screw up every wrestler....

no, they do not
however their track record with TNA wrestlers has not been great
and Joe doesn't fit the mold

Y2Jryder
10-19-2011, 12:32 PM
no, they do not
however their track record with TNA wrestlers has not been great
and Joe doesn't fit the mold

for example?

Asherdelampyr
10-19-2011, 12:43 PM
for example?

for example, he is a shorter, wider guy than the usual type, and his promos are closer to old school Jake The Snake, than they are to John Cena or even Randy Orton.
in WWE I personally think that it would be too easy for him to get lost in the midcard, because while he is a great wrestler, he is not really what WWE seems to be looking for, if he is really lucky, he would get the R-Truth treatment, where he hangs around the mid card for a few years, then turns heel gets one title shot and spends the rest of his career playing second fiddle to someone with better promo skills.

Y2Jryder
10-19-2011, 12:53 PM
for example, he is a shorter, wider guy than the usual type, and his promos are closer to old school Jake The Snake, than they are to John Cena or even Randy Orton.
in WWE I personally think that it would be too easy for him to get lost in the midcard, because while he is a great wrestler, he is not really what WWE seems to be looking for, if he is really lucky, he would get the R-Truth treatment, where he hangs around the mid card for a few years, then turns heel gets one title shot and spends the rest of his career playing second fiddle to someone with better promo skills.

and he is 2 time WHC after he went back to WWE

Asherdelampyr
10-19-2011, 01:00 PM
and he is 2 time WHC after he went back to WWE

wasn't talking about Christian, but OK

The main difference with Christian is that he started with WWE, he made his legend, so to speak, under Vince

chunkkynutzzz
10-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Yo Straight up Samoa Joe ain't shit
his tubby ass can't draw a dime and he doesn't even matter
His spark been died down, and he seems to not even care much to have any type of unique traits to him

kashani1984
10-19-2011, 02:01 PM
@Asherdelampyr R truth is a former WHC in TNA.

Asherdelampyr
10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
@Asherdelampyr R truth is a former WHC in TNA.

exactly
in TNA
not in WWE

Peter Kaymakcian
10-19-2011, 02:44 PM
I love how everyone says Samoa Joe will definitely be jobbing because of his weight and lack of promo skills. Well for the weight part look at Brodus Clay, Mark Henry, Big Daddy V, Umaga just to name a few. While none of these guys were ever top guys in WWE they did achieve success in WWE. As for promo skills when Joe was actually being used in TNA he was delivering pretty good promos. Now that he isn't being used I don't think he cares. I think a motivated Joe could get back in shape and could deliver pretty good promos. Not great, but good enough to carry a title.

Y2Jryder
10-19-2011, 02:51 PM
wasn't talking about Christian, but OK

The main difference with Christian is that he started with WWE, he made his legend, so to speak, under Vince
you were talking about?

Automatic
10-19-2011, 02:56 PM
I'd say if Joe got the chance to go, just go. It doesn't even matter how it ends up, if he does well, he'll become a star and will be set for life and if it doesn't work out, he can always ask more money on the Indie circuit/TNA and still be better off.
Seems like a win/win situation for me.

kashani1984
10-19-2011, 03:31 PM
I'd say if Joe got the chance to go, just go. It doesn't even matter how it ends up, if he does well, he'll become a star and will be set for life and if it doesn't work out, he can always ask more money on the Indie circuit/TNA and still be better off.
Seems like a win/win situation for me.

My poit exactly. Joe right now has nothing to lose and everything to gain. If the oppertunity arises for a spot at the top, youvr got to take it.

chunkkynutzzz
10-19-2011, 04:48 PM
He should take an opportunity and watch what joe will amount to in wwe ..nuthin because he is wack already time passed him and let's be real even joe himself u can tell doesn't even give a fuck bout his career

maar13
10-19-2011, 11:30 PM

And what have you seen on TNA lately? I mean the only reason why he has a following is because of his past but he has been jobbing right and left since a while ago.

I mean is not that I want him there, but the change, on the TV role won't vary that much, I mean is not the same to job to Crimson than to job to Mark Henry to be honest.

The fact remains that TNA doesn't know what to do with Joe anymore, they screwed what was left of him and now is just an enhancement talent, better be that where there is more money.

maar13
10-19-2011, 11:51 PM
He should take an opportunity and watch what joe will amount to in wwe ..nuthin because he is wack already time passed him and let's be real even joe himself u can tell doesn't even give a fuck bout his career

Exactly so why not go and try to do something new? I mean, yes he might not amount anything but the opportunity could be there and maybe even a mid card title over a couple of years.

I mean not everyone has to be a World champion and if used right, he can be a threat at least for mid card, maybe even work with his friend Punk once or twice.

URATOOL
10-19-2011, 11:58 PM
And what have you seen on TNA lately? I mean the only reason why he has a following is because of his past but he has been jobbing right and left since a while ago.

I mean is not that I want him there, but the change, on the TV role won't vary that much, I mean is not the same to job to Crimson than to job to Mark Henry to be honest.

The fact remains that TNA doesn't know what to do with Joe anymore, they screwed what was left of him and now is just an enhancement talent, better be that where there is more money.

Exactly so why not go and try to do something new? I mean, yes he might not amount anything but the opportunity could be there and maybe even a mid card title over a couple of years.

I mean not everyone has to be a World champion and if used right, he can be a threat at least for mid card, maybe even work with his friend Punk once or twice.

But do WWE want him. Doesn't the fact that even with such endorsement from various superstars and legends he still isn't getting an offer tell you something.

maar13
10-20-2011, 12:07 AM
But do WWE want him. Doesn't the fact that even with such endorsement from various superstars and legends he still isn't getting an offer tell you something.

Oh but that was not my point, I mean IF the WWE would be interested.

This was more about what decision would benefit him more, but only in a theoretical way IF the WWE were interested in him, I don't know if they are, but if they are, he should go there.

kashani1984
10-20-2011, 03:24 AM
WWE will sign Joe between now and summer 2012.

Joe can bring presteige to the IC title if not main eventing, and im sure Joe does care about his career, whereas TNA and he writers obviously dont. Imagine jobbing every week, when u used to be WHC in the same company, must be shit, so it prob comes across that way with \joe.

Joe to WWE 2012

Regal>Cena
10-20-2011, 03:46 AM
If the tides are turning at TNA under Bruce Pritchard's reign then maybe we will see more stars being developed from within. Say what you like about Joe, but at least he has been getting TV time most weeks, which helps keep him relevant to the viewing audience.

I think if TNA can book the show right, you could have the homegrown stars vying for the gold, and the WWE imports used to draw a crowd. You've got wrestlers like Angle, Hardy, RVD and Anderson on the roster who are still in good shape and relevant to the WWE audience TNA is trying to share. Have people like Joe and the members of fortune put on stellar matches like we know they can for world titles is the only way to make them and TNA relevant.

TNA need Joe, I hope they realise it.

Daveman101
10-20-2011, 04:15 AM

I realize this may have been discussed already in the multiple pages I have to read still, but Joe Cena and Kazarian used to have freestyle battles in the lockerroom after shows when they were all in the indies travelling together and still keep in touch.

Enforcer23
10-20-2011, 05:39 AM
id like to see him maybe but i think its very unlikely

URATOOL
10-20-2011, 05:56 AM
Stop kidding yourselves people. The WWE won't ever sign Joe again. Sorry, but you need to accept that and move on.

BlazersDozen
10-20-2011, 06:16 AM
IMO, you can't really tell what Joe is capable of TODAY. He's so fed up with TNA that it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's just been giving enough to keep a job. He could've gained weight because he has no motivation in TNA. Also the thing about bad on the mic is an ignorant comment.

I think the only problem WWE has with Joe is his body. Yes they sign fat guys, but these fat guys are usually tall as well (outside Mark Henry). Joe is on the average height but really fat side. If they did sign him, I think he'd be sent to FCW for awhile just to work on his body, be put on a strict diet or be asked to gain more weight to use him as a monster (mis-use him) Stone Cold & Bret Hart reccomending him didn't do anything for him the last time his contract was up & I'm not sure it will this time unless Triple H starts supporting him.

Also, Joe not holding a World Title in 2 years is not his fault, but the fault of TNA's. Styles, Joe, Aries, Storm, Roode, Morgan & Angle should be alternating that title instead of J. Hardy, Rvd, Sting & Mr. Anderson.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Stop kidding yourselves people. The WWE won't ever sign Joe again. Sorry, but you need to accept that and move on.

We got a WWE Insider here guys. Hey can you tell me who is going to win between Mark Henry and Big Show since you clearly no everything about WWE?

VKM
10-20-2011, 02:29 PM
For those who are saying Joe has already peaked is wrong. Joe still has locked potential. And as far as being champion in thirties, I believe that is when most wrestlers should win their first world title because when they're in their 20's, they are still learning while in their 30s, they are experienced and now how to get a reaction. I have watched the outcome of people who are under 30 and win their world title and some haven't held the title for a long period of time like Jack Swagger or Randy Orton. When Randy held his first title, it ended short cuz he wasn't ready. Most of the best champions didn't become world champs until in their early 30s.

Famous names are HBK, HHH, Edge,...

URATOOL
10-20-2011, 03:31 PM
For those who are saying Joe has already peaked is wrong. Joe still has locked potential. And as far as being champion in thirties, I believe that is when most wrestlers should win their first world title because when they're in their 20's, they are still learning while in their 30s, they are experienced and now how to get a reaction. I have watched the outcome of people who are under 30 and win their world title and some haven't held the title for a long period of time like Jack Swagger or Randy Orton. When Randy held his first title, it ended short cuz he wasn't ready. Most of the best champions didn't become world champs until in their early 30s.

Famous names are HBK, HHH, Edge,...

The point about age is that HBK and HHH had already won a WWF world title by Joe's age and Edge was only about a year older. If Joe got signed tomorrow he wouldn't be near the world titles for years. He would have only stood a chance at a WWE or WHC title in the E, if he'd have stayed there last time and worked his way to it. IT'S TOO LATE FOR JOE IN WWE!!!

BlazersDozen
10-21-2011, 11:39 AM
The point about age is that HBK and HHH had already won a WWF world title by Joe's age and Edge was only about a year older. If Joe got signed tomorrow he wouldn't be near the world titles for years. He would have only stood a chance at a WWE or WHC title in the E, if he'd have stayed there last time and worked his way to it. IT'S TOO LATE FOR JOE IN WWE!!!

And where is your evidence for this statement? Who would've thought Dos Caras, Jr would come into the WWE & win the title in a years time, & not just one time either?

Who would've thought Matt Sydal would be a big part of RAW?

Who would've thought Ron Killings would ever get a WWE Championship match against John Cena?

Who would've thought CM Punk would be the 2nd biggest guy in the business while being under major backstage heat in the beginng from Triple H & Shawn Michaels?

These things are not predictable. You look ignorant sitting here saying someone with a ton of talent won't be able to do anything in this business. For fxcks sake! Mark Henry is WHC!

URATOOL
10-21-2011, 03:36 PM
And where is your evidence for this statement? Who would've thought Dos Caras, Jr would come into the WWE & win the title in a years time, & not just one time either?

Who would've thought Matt Sydal would be a big part of RAW?

Who would've thought Ron Killings would ever get a WWE Championship match against John Cena?

Who would've thought CM Punk would be the 2nd biggest guy in the business while being under major backstage heat in the beginng from Triple H & Shawn Michaels?

These things are not predictable. You look ignorant sitting here saying someone with a ton of talent won't be able to do anything in this business. For fxcks sake! Mark Henry is WHC!

IF it ever happened I'm happy to say I was wrong. I just don't see that Joe has the look, persona, attitude, drive and fan following (the type that buy merchandise) to be wanted by VKM. Add to that he seems to have gone off the boil over the last couple of years and is way off his prime, it makes no sense for the E to sign him and if they do it'll be to rub IMPACT's face it in by burying him.

Asherdelampyr
10-21-2011, 03:38 PM
This is the argument that doesn't end... Yes it goes on and on my friend
some people, starting arguing and both made some good points
but now they just retread stuff they already said before because

but now they just retread stuff they already said before because...

URATOOL
10-21-2011, 05:12 PM

but now they just retread stuff they already said before because...

Sorry. What was that again?

Asherdelampyr
10-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Sorry. What was that again?

just my "repetitive argument" song
like the last 5 pages have been essentially the same 2 or 3 comments over and over again

URATOOL
10-21-2011, 05:38 PM
just my "repetitive argument" song
like the last 5 pages have been essentially the same 2 or 3 comments over and over again

Tell me about it! Why people can't just accept I'm right and move on I don't know.

Asherdelampyr
10-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Why people can't just accept I'm right and move on I don't know.

that is awesome
easily the funniest thing you have said all month

URATOOL
10-21-2011, 06:02 PM
that is awesome
easily the funniest thing you have said all month

Whose kidding. Agreeing with me should be in the forum rules.

Tomsta666
10-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Samoa Joes reaction to this thread...

http://i.imgur.com/vtq3O.gif

URATOOL
10-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Samoa Joes reaction to this thread...

That gif can't be from his Impact days. The crowds too big!

Asherdelampyr
10-21-2011, 06:19 PM
That gif can't be from his Impact days. The crowds too big!

I can't see the apron too well, but from what I can see it looks like that insurance company ad that TNA uses at the house shows

Tomsta666
10-21-2011, 06:21 PM
MORE FOOL YOU!!!

That gif is from Bound For Glory 2011!!!

:cool:

Dr. Death
10-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Joe isn't going to the WWE plain and simple.

URATOOL
10-21-2011, 06:42 PM
MORE FOOL YOU!!!

That gif is from Bound For Glory 2011!!!

:cool:

They must using Smackdown tactics. Getting everyone to sit on the one side.