PDA

View Full Version : Too little too late.

Dude573
10-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Just a quick question I'm curious about.

Is it too late for Drew McIntyre to actually be the chosen one? Will he be a World Champion or have a revitalized push?

steveorton
10-18-2011, 08:51 AM
No. Justification: Mark Henry it took him 15 years to get the WHC he went from a happy go lucky jobber on Raw to the dominant Silverback on Smackdown. I think once creative begins to do their job most jobbers can become relevant again.

rss3004
10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
He needs to bide his time right now. Eventually he will get his push once he catches creative's eye.

BC777
10-18-2011, 10:18 AM
I don't think McIntyre is even Main event worthy.

The Awesome One
10-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Like Maria said of McIntyre, "I have a feeling he's paid for someone else's sins, problems, because Drew's really good."
If that's true... then that sucks! If he's good in the ring, which he is, then he should be given a push. The fact that he was married to Tiffany shouldn't affect him at all!
He's gone from The Chosen One to The Chosen Jobber -.-

Yano88
10-18-2011, 10:51 AM
No. Justification: Mark Henry it took him 15 years to get the WHC he went from a happy go lucky jobber on Raw to the dominant Silverback on Smackdown. I think once creative begins to do their job most jobbers can become relevant again.

Christian took even more time to become WHC. Even if after it he is once again become a mid-carder -.-

Kincaid
10-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Dominant Silverback? That seemed racist IMO.

Danny92
10-18-2011, 10:59 AM
annoys me how cole and jr take up a good chunk of raw and mcintyre doesn't even make it onto superstars

The Hit Man
10-18-2011, 11:40 AM
If he does get psuhed again, they'll need to come up with something different than The Chosen One gimmick which has lost all meaning. I think a heel tag team with Morrison could work but it looks as if Morrison might be leaving soon. Another option could be to join Vickie's 'clientel'.

steveorton
10-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Dominant Silverback? That seemed racist IMO.

How? I really have no idea.

Secondly Dominant- that describes him perfectly and Silverback - Mark Henry used to call himself the Silverback of the Smackdown jungle back when he used to be on Smackdown I think it was the period either when Rey was champion or when he was feuding with Kurt Angle over the WHC I'm not sure.

Finally if it offended you in some way I apologize it wasn't meant in that way.

RampantLion2010
10-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Must be racist since Mark Henry gave himself that moniker in ECW a few years back...

the-rocks-stunner
10-18-2011, 12:48 PM
28th April 2012... Drew, thank you for the past couple of years gracing us with your amazing talent but because of budget cuts we wish you good luck in all your future endeavors. Yours truly John Laurinaitis Executive Vice President of Talent Relations.

Y2Jryder
10-18-2011, 12:53 PM
They still can build up Drew. He's still the chosen one:D

Kincaid
10-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Mark Henry called himself that? Who told him to? There is a chance he came up with it himself but I doubt it. Calling yourself a big Gorilla when you are a large african american is just wrong. I'm not blaming you, just creative.

The Awesome One
10-18-2011, 01:41 PM
If he does get psuhed again, they'll need to come up with something different than The Chosen One gimmick which has lost all meaning. I think a heel tag team with Morrison could work but it looks as if Morrison might be leaving soon. Another option could be to join Vickie's 'clientel'.

I like the idea of him bring one of Vickie's clients... he'd fit right in with Swagger and Ziggler

dub
10-18-2011, 01:42 PM
28th April 2012... Drew, thank you for the past couple of years gracing us with your amazing talent but because of budget cuts we wish you good luck in all your future endeavors. Yours truly John Laurinaitis Executive Vice President of Talent Relations.

*very VERY deep sigh* This isn't too far from reality Im afraid.

Robstar
10-18-2011, 02:19 PM
I like the idea of him bring one of Vickie's clients... he'd fit right in with Swagger and Ziggler

I'd go along with that.

jordan1995
10-18-2011, 02:55 PM
he still can be a world champ but id say he lost all of the momentum he had when they took the intercontinental tittle off him and drafted him to raw id say they should give him the U.S or IC belt to get him over again.

SESAfro
10-18-2011, 03:17 PM
They still can build up Drew. He's still the chosen one:D
And don't forget the Great American Nightmare.

There are people that can go into jobber status and get Drew back to where he was because he can be something. It's just sad that he even loses on Susperstars. :(

URATOOL
10-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Possible future WHC. Maybe.

But I really can't see them referring to him as the chosen one any more. The chosen one really implies something special. Taking years to get to the top and being knocked down to jobber during that time really doesn't make you look all that special.

charmingone28
10-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah but the thing with Henry is that he's gone back and forth so many time in his career I mean sheesh the guy turns heel and face at least two times a year

kashani1984
10-18-2011, 03:31 PM
they should have him drop the chosen one gimmik, even tho it has been dropped creativley, he should publiclycome out and say that Vince put to much pressure on him, that he is a former IC andTag champ and cn make it to the top, but Vince put pressure on him and Laurenitis kept him on Superstars. So went fromcloud 9 from Vince to Reality check from Laurenitus. Start over with Drew, let him fued with Ryder, hav him go over Slater and Others like Santino, then bring him to the US tile. Drew has potential, but some1 somewhere has done something to put his push on hold.

chunkkynutzzz
10-19-2011, 01:44 PM
What they n don't like this dudeeed to Do Is Raw and Smackdown Trades
Have $rew Mcintyre and john morrison traded for Future Draft picks
That would work and neither will be missed on Raw
Wwe let's pull the trigger on a Drew push what's wrong with these people
Remmeber his reaction wen he comes out
Somebody backstage don't like this dude

Y2J___Y2J
10-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Eventually he will probably get a push..
But I really don't see him as a main event star ever.!
IMO he'll be one of the guys who get the Christmas present of being "future endeavored"

chunkkynutzzz
10-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Eventually he will probably get a push..
But I really don't see him as a main event star ever.!
IMO he'll be one of the guys who get the Christmas present of being "future endeavored"

Don't Talk like that he will find his nitch and take himself to a whole other level like triple h did
Hopefully
Then I shall remember ,you told me sooo..