PDA

View Full Version : Is Zack Ryder Getting Alex Riley's Push?

Champ
10-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Hello, wrestling fans! Today, I'd like to discuss two very talented mid-card superstars of the WWE - Zack Ryder and Alex Riley.

Up until about a couple of months ago, Alex Riley was on fire! He earned multiple victories over a former WWE Champion, The Miz, and was really starting to get over. He was getting good pops from the crowd ever week. It seemed that he was well on his way to being "The Next Big Thing." He was also in a brief feud with Ziggler, which looked to be headed toward a U.S. title win for Riley.

Well, that didn't happen. Now, Riley is performing on Superstars and seems to have been forgotten. I'd hate to see this guy become lost in the shuffle, but it seems that could potentially happen.

Then, we have Zack Ryder. This guy has REALLY become popular, especially in the past couple of months. He's loved by kids and adults of all ages, which is quite impressive. His personality is very unique, which is (I believe) why fans admire the guy. He basically went from being a jobber to becoming one of the biggest fan favorites in the WWE. Heck, he's even gotten victories over Ziggler, and is scheduled to challenge for the U.S. title at Vengance. My prediction is that he'll dethrone Ziggler and win his first title in the WWE.

So after analyzing Alex Riley and Zack Ryder's current status in the WWE, I've come to the conclusion that management sees Ryder as a bigger draw, and decided to give Ryder the push that Riley was originally scheduled to receive. Now, I could be wrong, but that is the way it seems to me.

So what do you guys think? Do you agree? Disagree? I'm looking forward to your feedback. Thanks for reading! :)

Rehmix
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Hello, wrestling fans! Today, I'd like to discuss two very talented mid-card superstars of the WWE - Zack Ryder and Alex Riley.

Up until about a couple of months ago, Alex Riley was on fire! He earned multiple victories over a former WWE Champion, The Miz, and was really starting to get over. He was getting good pops from the crowd ever week. It seemed that he was well on his way to being "The Next Big Thing." He was also in a brief feud with Ziggler, which looked to be headed toward a U.S. title win for Riley.

Well, that didn't happen. Now, Riley is performing on Superstars and seems to have been forgotten. I'd hate to see this guy become lost in the shuffle, but it seems that could potentially happen.

Then, we have Zack Ryder. This guy has REALLY become popular, especially in the past couple of months. He's loved by kids and adults of all ages, which is quite impressive. His personality is very unique, which is (I believe) why fans admire the guy. He basically went from being a jobber to becoming one of the biggest fan favorites in the WWE. Heck, he's even gotten victories over Ziggler, and is scheduled to challenge for the U.S. title at Vengance. My prediction is that he'll dethrone Ziggler and win his first title in the WWE.

So after analyzing Alex Riley and Zack Ryder's current status in the WWE, I've come to the conclusion that management sees Ryder as a bigger draw, and decided to give Ryder the push that Riley was originally scheduled to receive. Now, I could be wrong, but that is the way it seems to me.

So what do you guys think? Do you agree? Disagree? I'm looking forward to your feedback. Thanks for reading! :)

I would probably agree. It does seem like Ryder is getting the push that did seem like Riley was getting. That being said, I think that Ryder does deserve it over Riley and is the bigger draw for WWE.

ryman
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
The cheif difference between the two is that Riley's popularity was based off of the Miz and Ryder got over by himself using his own means. Riley didn't deserve a push, the man is a boring superstar. Ryder has personality and is more in touch with the crowd. And Ryder sells more merchandise of course. Therefore Ryder>Riley.... WWWYKI

Anyway, i guess i agree, Ryder stole his push, but it's a good thing. :D

Automatic
10-17-2011, 12:56 PM
No, Ryder did it on his own. But Riley is still getting some decent pops and I don't think he'd deserve a US title run. Zack won't win either.

Rilla
10-17-2011, 12:58 PM
They found Riley to be too green in the ring, or sloppy, one of them.

TempestH
10-17-2011, 01:00 PM
I don't think Zack Ryder is getting Alex Riley's push. It's just another example of WWE's yo-yo booking. Push one guy to hell, then do nothing with them. Hell, Riley's program with Ziggler was actually the START of the "do nothing with him" part. Riley's program with the Miz should have gone on a bit longer, but instead he was just the token face in the formation of Vickie's stable storyline. Ryder now has a real feud with Ziggler. Ryder is over as hell, but I think once Riley improves his in ring skills, he will probably surpass Ryder.

I would like to see Ryder win the U.S. title, but I worry that he will not be booked seriously. I also worry that Ryder is in an odd catch 22. There's the possibility that a REAL push, while improving the credibility of Ryder as a competitor, would destroy his gimmick.

jordan1995
10-17-2011, 01:06 PM
riley vs ziggler vs ryder vs swagger us tittle fued untill TLC with ladder match ending the fued would be interesting imo

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-17-2011, 01:31 PM
No, Ryder did it on his own. But Riley is still getting some decent pops and I don't think he'd deserve a US title run. Zack won't win either.

^^^Agreed^^^

Blinker
10-17-2011, 01:35 PM
I can see where your line of thought is coming from. I don't think it's the same though. Both were popular and they decided to go with one instead of the other. Personally, I'm a fan of the choice. I like Ryder far more than Alex. I think Alex will be great, but he's not right now. Alex will grow into a better spot with time. Ryder worked to get his push.

BTW, if Ryder won the US Title, it would be his second time holding a title in the WWE. (Tag Team 7-20-08) It would be his first singles title though.

ELNIOJR
10-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Zack needs more ring time, better matches, and credible opponents. And I dont think he's ready to beat Dolph Ziggler yet, one of the top worker in the company. Hell, in the whole business at the moment...

The Brown One
10-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Dude isn't Ziggler set to team up with Swagger at Vengeance? How can he have a US title match then too?

ELNIOJR
10-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Dude isn't Ziggler set to team up with Swagger at Vengeance? How can he have a US title match then too?

I believe it's official, after SD Spoilers for next Friday. Im not sure tough...

68wPayne
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah Brown One is right, supposed to be Ziggy and Swaggy vs Token Mixed Tag Team #32. Honestly I think the best thing about A-Ry is his music. I think his push got halted because he kept botching the Gutwrench Powerbomb from Swagger and probably a few more botches I can't think of. Not saying botches don't happen, they are a part of the business but that coupled with Zack's increasing popularity and merchandise sales makes him the more viable superstar

bu s3ud
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Finally the long island Z will be in a PPV . Ryder deserves a huge push and i'm glad that ryder will be at vengance .

WO WO WO YOU KNOW IT :)

Champ
10-17-2011, 02:02 PM
According to the SD spoilers, Teddy Long set Ryder vs. Ziggler for Vengance. Though, those spoilers could be inaccurate.

Thanks for all of your comments. I agree; Ryder does deserve the push right now. He got himself over and has a much more interesting character. I see him holding the U.S. title soon.

kashani1984
10-17-2011, 02:12 PM
If Ryder faces Swagger for the US title I cant see Ryder winning, it would be too obvious as he beat Ryder a few times already, What I do se happening is Ryder and Mason Ryan teaming up and fueding with ZigSwag & Air Boom for the Tag titles with possibly Awesome Truth in there at some point aswell.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-17-2011, 02:20 PM

As Elniojr said, I'm sure Ryder v Ziggler is official! Don't forget Bourne is injured, after getting dropped awkwardly by Swagger. Perhaps they don't think he'll be 100% in time for Vengeance!

CM_SUXX_NOT
10-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Interesting. Air Boom vs ZigSwag is announced on Raw, and Ziggler vs Ryder is announced on SmackDown, both for Vengeance apparently. We can only tune in and find out ourselves!

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Although I am ecstatic, you should have seen this:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?10432-Is-Zack-Ryder-Getting-Alex-Riley-s-Push&p=294197#post294197

Joonny
10-17-2011, 02:57 PM
This is finally happening!

But if I know WWE right, Ryder will win by DQ or something :).
Then, maybe at Survivor Series or TLC we will either have an NO DQ match (THAT will elevate ZR's carreer). Or just an Thriple Threat (Fatal Four way), Zack Ryder vs Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger (vs Mason Ryan).

Hehe, I'm a big Ryder fan, but I'll hope he loses at Vengeance, just to win it later this year :D

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Maybe it just me, but my interest in Ryder wore off. I don't hate him but I just don't really care for him anymore. WWE should have gotten behind him when he started his whole YouTube thing was still hot. I am not against the push at all, I just don't care if he gets it or not anymore.

TempestH
10-17-2011, 03:07 PM
^ I don't think Ryder is ready to beat Ziggler "cleanly" yet. Dolph may compete twice at Vengeance. The tag title match may go either way, but if Ryder wins the U.S. title, it allows Ryder to get a win without Ziggler losing credibility as he has the built in excuse of "not being 100%."

Riley isn't doing too bad. Most likely he will end up on the Survivor Series team with either HHH/Punk or Rock/Cena.

Y2J___Y2J
10-17-2011, 03:13 PM
No way is Ryder winning the belt this early..
I guess this feud is going to go on for a while.. NICE.!

tad locust
10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Riley deserves the push more then Ryder.All Ryder has done is make stupid youtube videos and get over with the IWC.He's mediocre and has no buisness being on PPV.I don't like Riley but he's much more talented then Ryder and deserves the title match instead.

TempestH
10-17-2011, 03:25 PM
No way is Ryder winning the belt this early..
I guess this feud is going to go on for a while.. NICE.!

Personally I think they should hold off on giving Ryder the belt until WM 28. Let Ryder have the big feel good moment on the grandest stage of them all.

Robstar
10-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Who cares? Ryder's getting a push!!! ;) That's all I care about. The man has gone out of his way to get himself over and good on him I reckon, it's about time WWE got behind him. As for Alex Riley, he'd make a great Intercontinental or U.S. title contender one day, but more than that? I don't know. I liked him better with The Miz

Y2Jryder
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM
I like both Zack Ryder and Alex Riley.
Riley's theme song is just awesome, It really hypes me up. and somehow Riley reminds me of the rock with his in ring skills

IrkenInvader
10-17-2011, 03:54 PM
No hes getting his own push. Alex lost his push when they realized nobody cared.

TempestH
10-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Who cares? Ryder's getting a push!!! ;) That's all I care about. The man has gone out of his way to get himself over and good on him I reckon, it's about time WWE got behind him. As for Alex Riley, he'd make a great Intercontinental or U.S. title contender one day, but more than that? I don't know. I liked him better with The Miz

Same here. I think Miz & Riley can be the next HHH & HBK, both as a feud and as a tag team. I'm hoping they reunite when Miz makes his inevitable face turn.

The Hit Man
10-18-2011, 01:08 PM
If Ryder is facing Ziggler for the US Title, I sure hope he doesn't win it. He isn't ready to win the US Title and if he bet Ziggler for the title it would seriously damage Zigglers credability seeing as he's been so hot recently. A PPV match for a mid card title will help Ryder but he doesn't need to win it just yet. The person who should take the title off of Ziggler is Swagger. A defeat from Swagger wouldn't damage Zigglers credability and can allow him to push onto the main event scene.

SilverGhost
10-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Ryder deserved his push before Sandbag's.

zrdt12
10-18-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't see anything overly impressive in either man. Ryder was super over before even winning a match on Raw though = draw money.

OldSchoolHeel
10-19-2011, 03:59 AM
ryder is an entertaining personality but neither one of them is really anything in the ring. i find matches involving either to be quite boring.

GNWE_CMPunk
10-19-2011, 04:45 AM
I might be the only person here that thinks this, but Ryder is, for lack of a better word, rubbish. ofcourse that's just my personal opinion.
I don't how many times he says bro, bro.
Riley has the build WWE love, he's got the mould that can use, he could easily be the next Cena, based on build and gimmick alone.
I found it strange that WWE wouldn't use him before Ryder, from a thinking of the future perspective