PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here actually know the requirements for WWE's HOF

URATOOL
10-17-2011, 02:39 AM
Obviously they have inducted many people over the years. Some wrestled only for WWF/WWE other have moved around various companies. Kurt Angle's annoncment about ending his career at IMPACT made me wonder. Will this stop or delay his entry to the WWE HOF? Will Sting ever make it in? He was a WCW man when they were bought by WWF. So I guess technically he worked for them for about 3 days, before the late Nitro.

So do you have to have worked for WWF/E to get in? Does finishing your career there help? Will they make excepts for guys like the Stinger?

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-17-2011, 02:46 AM
Obviously they have inducted many people over the years. Some wrestled only for WWF/WWE other have moved around various companies. Kurt Angle's annoncment about ending his career at IMPACT made me wonder. Will this stop or delay his entry to the WWE HOF? Will Sting ever make it in? He was a WCW man when they were bought by WWF. So I guess technically he worked for them for about 3 days, before the late Nitro.

So do you have to have worked for WWF/E to get in? Does finishing your career there help? Will they make excepts for guys like the Stinger?

#1 requirement to get in the HoF, McMahon has to like you!!!

Robstar
10-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Well obviously having wrestled for them is not a requirement (hello Abdullah the Butcher). I guess what he said ^^^^ and you need to be retired.

Oh and you have to accept. I doubt Sting would accept anytime soon, Kurt either. Didn't Vince take Flair out of the HoF? Or want to?

I guess the answer is....I don't know. ;)

ELNIOJR
10-17-2011, 03:58 AM
This question could very well be discussed here: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?10418-First-WWE-Hall-of-Fame-Inductee-For-2012-Revealed&p=293729#post293729

rss3004
10-17-2011, 05:10 AM
1. Vince McMahon has to like you.

2. You must not have been working for any of WWE's rivals in the last few years.

3. You must have retired or be about to retire.

Sting is still working for TNA, so I don't think he's going to accept the HOF invitation. Plus seeing as how Vince somewhat considers TNA to be competition (even though he'll never admit it), I doubt Sting is even going to get an invitation.

Los Conquistador
10-17-2011, 07:09 AM
1. Vince McMahon has to like you.

2. You must not have been working for any of WWE's rivals in the last few years.

3. You must have retired or be about to retire.

Sting is still working for TNA, so I don't think he's going to accept the HOF invitation. Plus seeing as how Vince somewhat considers TNA to be competition (even though he'll never admit it), I doubt Sting is even going to get an invitation.

especially considering TNA will try and storyline it
use his ring like hogan and flair,
sting will decline and TNA will make a big hype about it,
sting will accept and TNA will have him drop a promotion or them

Dr. Death
10-17-2011, 07:16 AM
You probably have to join the "Vince McMahon Kiss My A** Club" to be invited to join the WWE HOF.

VanHooliganX
10-17-2011, 07:21 AM
#1 requirement to get in the HoF, McMahon has to like you!!!

#2 John Laureniannoyus has to like you.

Jim Cornette was once asked should him and the Midnight Express be in the HOF. He said John basically says names to Vince and Vince says yes or no. Vince doesn't watch any other wrestling so chances of someone brilliant like Jim Cornette getting in is slim since he is mostly known on tv for being ME's manager.

rss3004
10-17-2011, 08:20 AM
You probably have to join the "Vince McMahon Kiss My A** Club" to be invited to join the WWE HOF.

That's probably requirement no. 1. :-P

Bodom
10-17-2011, 08:25 AM
There aren't any.

Kenny_Penfold
10-17-2011, 08:37 AM
I think it helps if your name is HHH. I think you have to really make up with Vince because that's the only way Bret fully got in. He retired years before he was inducted yet it's funny when looking at someone like HBK. Upon his retirement match, he was announced as being straight in within about two days. He caused Vince so much shit back in the day and if he hadn't come back and changed his life, would HBK have been in? He would've had to have been but it's just something that crossed my mind.

Sahu
10-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Antonio Inoki was made HOF..even though he just had 2 matches in WWF...n also he rejected the WWF World Championship...n his championship reign was never recognised by WWE....