PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about Politics

VanHooliganX
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Well we have 1 taboo subject going on with Religion. It seems to be doing pretty well so lets try politics.
Obviously everyones opinion is different so try to be respectful :)

So America.
How's Obama doing?

So England, Scotland, Wales and Nothern Ireland.
How's Cameron doing?

So every other country that I don't know the leaders of.
How's your leader doing?

Automatic
10-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Democracy is stupid.

Now letz get descuzzin'

VanHooliganX
10-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Democracy is stupid.

Now letz get descuzzin'

Hey as long as people vote I happy. I don't like people who constantly complain about whats happening to something like health care or war in Iraq and then saying they blame to party who is in power. Even though when elections come round they won't go vote.
Don't complain if you're not going to be bothered to vote.

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Obama sucks but he is the best choice we have as a President. Our polticians in America are so crooked and only care about themselves and their backers. I live in the city and state with the highest unemployment percentage (over 14%) and with all the money that keeps getting cut from our budget to run the state I don't see things getting better any time soon.

Tommy Thunder
10-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey as long as people vote I happy. I don't like people who constantly complain about whats happening to something like health care or war in Iraq and then saying they blame to party who is in power. Even though when elections come round they won't go vote.

Very true. People gave their lives to ensure that everybody got the right to vote. It's an insult to those people when some decide not to use the power to vote.

Automatic
10-16-2011, 05:48 PM

That was not what I meant. I meant that people who aren't qualified to decide about such important matters should not be able to have a saying in it.

VanHooliganX
10-16-2011, 05:53 PM
That was not what I meant. I meant that people who aren't qualified to decide about such important matters should not be able to have a saying in it.

Fair enough. But you can see what i'm saying though :)

Automatic
10-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Fair enough. But you can see what i'm saying though :)

Offcourse and I always vote, granted I've only had 1 time in my life that I had to vote.

Androo
10-16-2011, 05:57 PM

Yeah man.

In this vid. let the theories on reasons for war, terrorism etc, slide, I'm not posting this for that; but it's for the views on people who question things that should be questioned, and the voting system, people who vote, maniputlating peoples minds by playing on emotions, for their own benefits. This doesn't just apply to the U.S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl2JQfxnnHU

RomanFlare
10-16-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm a Libertarian, so it's probably easy to guess how I feel about my country's (The United States) political system.

pauadrian
10-16-2011, 05:59 PM
how is mexico doing?

id like to say a few words but it would turn into a rant
a short little story about politics

they are all lies and promises
the end

VanHooliganX
10-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm a Libertarian, so it's probably easy to guess how I feel about my country's (The United States) political system.

Well i'm semi-Liberal Democrat so I know how you feel. Our system is mostly Labour or Conservatives.
(I say i'm semi because I currently won't vote for them because our leader is a fucking idiot :))

how is mexico doing?

id like to say a few words but it would turn into a rant
a short little story about politics

they are all lies and promises
the end

I'm guessing Mexicos voting age is also 18 (correct me if I am wrong) so will you vote when you can?

Grind_Bastard
10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
I'd rather keep my mouth shut in here if we want to have a debate as pleasant as we're having in the God thread. The levels of frustration and anger I have due to politics cannot be expressed (or at leat I can't) be expressed in a polite and exquisite way.

pauadrian
10-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Well i'm semi-Liberal Democrat so I know how you feel. Our system is mostly Labour or Conservatives.
(I say i'm semi because I currently won't vote for them because our leader is a fucking idiot :))

I'm guessing Mexicos voting age is also 18 (correct me if I am wrong) so will you vote when you can?

i will vote cus its not a choice if you want to or not
but trust me this is the mexican kennedy
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cYlkXTkFEKs/SwwVYdpMu-I/AAAAAAAAEeY/-js0rsGWvcU/s1600/Andr%25C3%25A9s%2BManuel%2BL%25C3%25B3pez%2BObrado r.jpg

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Politics? How about political views? Or is that just too much flame bait?

VanHooliganX
10-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Politics? How about political views? Or is that just too much flame bait?

Well whatever really. Doubt a thread like this will be posted for awhile.

RomanFlare
10-16-2011, 06:10 PM

You'll have to explain how it works for your country. I know The US of America tends to be rather backwards when it comes to their political terms.

K2Jelly
10-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Right wing, left wing. Liberals. Conservatives. They all look the same to me.

AreYaSerious
10-16-2011, 06:12 PM
What's the difference in a democrat or republican? The spelling.

I'm a Libertarian as well. The United States political system is terrible. Every politician is about the money, not about the people. YET people still vote and support the backstabbers. It makes you wonder what the hell Americans are thinking.

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm hate Tea Baggers.

Dr. Death
10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
In America, we have 3 Branches of Government - The Executive Branch ( President & Vice President) - Legislative Branch ( Congress consisting of the House of Representatives & The Senate ) - And The Judicial Branch ( Basically the Supreme Court ). All of which is corrupted and filled with people that only care about their own pocketbooks while the rest of America's economy goes down the toilet.

People in America do need to Vote. But Vote for someone and something you believe in and don't just go with the mainstream or who the media tries to suggest you vote for.

The problem is that we have limited choices on who to vote for. We can vote for:
1. Dumb
2. Dumber
3. Dumbest
It seems that we always select the 3rd candidate.

VanHooliganX
10-16-2011, 06:22 PM
You'll have to explain how it works for your country. I know The US of America tends to be rather backwards when it comes to their political terms.

Ours isn't easy to explain. It goes into a clusterfuck really. Very different to yours.

In a nutshell.
We have a place called the house of lords. Where all our regions (Think regions as your version of states but we're a lot smaller) has 1 rep to be the voice of our area. We elect who we want to represent us in the house of lords. Each region gets 1 seat in the house of lords. Whichever party has the most seats gets the majority vote and power. Whoever the parties leader is of the winning party is our Prime Minister.

You guys also only have to partys. Democrats and Liberals (I could be wrong, not 100% on yours but I have the kist lol)
We have quite a few.
Conservatives - The blue party
Labour - The red party
These 2 are our major parties and have been in power for ages. But then you have so many more.
Liberal Democrats - The yellow party
Green party - Guess :P
BNP (British National party) - Black, although this party is considered racist
and many more

Northern Ireland then has seperate parties too because they're irish but England still owns them so they clusterfuck and take up seats. So basically its a bunch of people trying to get what they want through.

I'm guessing I lost you but thats the jist.
(If I got anything wrong people from UK please tell me)

Automatic
10-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah man.

In this vid. let the theories on reasons for war, terrorism etc, slide, I'm not posting this for that; but it's for the views on people who question things that should be questioned, and the voting system, people who vote, maniputlating peoples minds by playing on emotions, for their own benefits. This doesn't just apply to the U.S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl2JQfxnnHU

Great vid, Rogan is right. Voting is a popularity competition. And he's right about dumb people and they are the people in the majority. Work the dumb people and you win the election. He's even right about the war, but I'm not going into that.
In my country the same thing happened with 1 guy who has a party and became the 3rd biggest party of the country because he said that, not literally but it came down to, that our country is too full and foreigners are to be blamed of a lot of crime that happens in the bigger cities and they should be sent back to their country and he hates the Islam. Even though they are born and raised here. But people from smaller cities and the countryside, not even in the bigger cities itself, voted on him and making him such a big thread that he had to be in the government, which is complete and utter bullshit.
What are his stances on the monetary problems and other important stuff that actually needs to be addressed? Ask a random person, they won't know, hell I even don't know it.

Some might know him, it's Geert Wilders.

Grind_Bastard
10-16-2011, 06:23 PM
In America, we have 3 Branches of Government - The Executive Branch ( President & Vice President) - Legislative Branch ( Congress consisting of the House of Representatives & The Senate ) - And The Judicial Branch ( Basically the Supreme Court ). All of which is corrupted and filled with people that only care about their own pocketbooks while the rest of America's economy goes down the toilet.

People in America do need to Vote. But Vote for someone and something you believe in and don't just go with the mainstream or who the media tries to suggest you vote for.

The problem is that we have limited choices on who to vote for. We can vote for:
1. Dumb
2. Dumber
3. Dumbest

Pretty much the same here in Spain...

RomanFlare
10-16-2011, 06:24 PM

1. Dumb
2. Dumber
3. Dumbest

It doesn't seem to help that the turnout for voting is absolutely abysmal. Studies show that groups of people are better at guessing than any one individual is. Unfortunately, that'll only work when most, if not all, people who can, do vote. But I digress.

RomanFlare
10-16-2011, 06:26 PM
You guys also only have to partys. Democrats and Liberals (I could be wrong, not 100% on yours but I have the kist lol)
We have quite a few.
Labour - The red party

You missed the point I was hoping for: Which party seems to favor what? Do the Conservatives in the UK match up (in theory) to the Conservatives in the US?

VanHooliganX
10-16-2011, 06:33 PM
You missed the point I was hoping for: Which party seems to favor what? Do the Conservatives in the UK match up (in theory) to the Conservatives in the US?

Ah sorry lol.
Well the conservatives here are known for helping the rich before the poor. So it depends what yours are like.

SilverGhost
10-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm hate Tea Baggers.

Wesker(well the voice actor, DC Douglas) also hates the Tea Baggers lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Kuo8lb6Bg

Androo
10-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Ours isn't easy to explain. It goes into a clusterfuck really. Very different to yours.

In a nutshell.
We have a place called the house of lords. Where all our regions (Think regions as your version of states but we're a lot smaller) has 1 rep to be the voice of our area. We elect who we want to represent us in the house of lords. Each region gets 1 seat in the house of lords. Whichever party has the most seats gets the majority vote and power. Whoever the parties leader is of the winning party is our Prime Minister.

We have quite a few.
Labour - The red party
These 2 are our major parties and have been in power for ages. But then you have so many more.
Liberal Democrats - The yellow party
Green party - Guess :P
BNP (British National party) - Black, although this party is considered racist
and many more

Northern Ireland then has seperate parties too because they're irish but England still owns them so they clusterfuck and take up seats. So basically its a bunch of people trying to get what they want through.

I'm guessing I lost you but thats the jist.
(If I got anything wrong people from UK please tell me)

I think you lost me, and I'm British! Lol. Nah, fair effort trying to write it all down. I just need to correct one thing though man, it's the House of Commons where the public elect politicians to, not the House of Lords. The House of Lords representatives are unelected, and I kinda struggle to understand what the fuck it's all about, and what it does?

Necroyeti
10-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Politics more like LOLitics amirite

also this is me IRL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzvtSWXCSxk

VanHooliganX
10-16-2011, 06:47 PM
I think you lost me, and I'm British! Lol. Nah, fair effort trying to write it all down. I just need to correct one thing though man, it's the House of Commons where the public elect politicians to, not the House of Lords. The House of Lords representatives are unelected, and I kinda struggle to understand what the fuck it's all about, and what it does?

Haha sorry. I tried lol Glad I left out us recently attempting to change how we vote too.

Also, darn. I apologise then. I have no idea what the HOL does then lol

AreYaSerious
10-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Ah sorry lol.
Well the conservatives here are known for helping the rich before the poor. So it depends what yours are like.

That is basically the same

Necroyeti
10-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I get all my political views from Rage Against The Machine songs, fuk th3 systm y'all. Also, France ruins the world every half century or so.

More seriously, allow me to share a quote from one of my favourite modern philosophy-types, Slavoj Zizek (who is Marxist)

We are not Communists if Communism means a system which collapsed in 1990. Remember that today those Communists are the most efficient, ruthless Capitalists. In China today, we have Capitalism which is even more dynamic than your American Capitalism, but doesn’t need democracy. Which means when you criticize Capitalism, don’t allow yourself to be blackmailed that you are against democracy. The marriage between democracy and Capitalism is over. The change is possible.
That was in context of the Occupy movement (http://www.imposemagazine.com/bytes/slavoj-zizek-at-occupy-wall-street-transcript), which I can't help but feel is 99% hipster idiots, but the dude is spot on IMHO

VanHooliganX
10-17-2011, 07:09 AM
May as well throw this question out here.

What does everyone think about the Euro currency?

IPOOPINTHEBATH
10-17-2011, 08:41 AM
I'll be back to rant and rave in this thread later (I love to argue some politics), so I'll just leave this here for now.

EDIT: Just after 2:00 is the main reason I'm posting this video for everyone saying you can't complain if you don't vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk

Sully
10-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Obama is doing fantastic for a guy that walked into a huge mess thanks to the Bush Administration, plus he eliminated Osama Bin Laden. I think he's fine...

I'm a Democrat by the way...if ya...didn't notice by now.