PDA

View Full Version : Eminem compared to ______

Peter Kaymakcian
10-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Eminem is the greatest rapper to pick up a microphone ever and this shows whenever he picks up a mic. Now my question in all of WWE's history which wrestler would you compare to Eminem? Not based on gimmick just talent and mic skills.

My pick would be Shawn Micheals simply because even at the age of 44 HBK still was one of the best in the ring in WWE and he always had amazing promos. No matter how bad his opponent was. Plus like Eminem, HBK was always trying to elevate the younger talent in his game.

Robstar
10-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Um, ok? An interesting take on things you have I see. I think you're going to get into a greatest rapper debate, rather than a WWE related topic but anyway.....it could set an intresting precedent. Next we'll have "who's the Jimi Hendrix of WWE" lol ;)

Peter Kaymakcian
10-16-2011, 04:42 PM
I get it is an unusual topic, but I think it is fun to compare great athletes, musicians, actors, entertainers, and ect. to the greats in the business.

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Next we'll have "who's the Jimi Hendrix of WWE" lol ;)

Definitely Eddie Guerrero, he wasn't around long enough to truly be a great and made an impact with a lot of people while he was here.

Rich Cranium
10-16-2011, 04:49 PM
3 Count is the best boy band EVER! Obviously pre Ink Ink cause there is NO ink!

http://www.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesT/3count.jpg

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Let it be known I was the first one to start derailing the thread.

wrestlingfan66513
10-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Justin Bieber = John Cena

Girls and kids love them. Everyone else hates them.

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Eminem sucks balls, I would compare HHH as the Dr. Dre of the WWE. He has been in the buisness for many years, and now days he does more work behind the camera than in front of it.

Androo
10-16-2011, 05:06 PM
MNM?
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/m/mnm/04.jpg

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 05:07 PM
CM Punk is the Tupac of the WWE. ;)

You sayin hes gonna die soon and WWE is gonna start releasing DVDs with never before seen matches. With superstars that didn't debut until after his death.

kersh
10-16-2011, 05:09 PM
eminem is the same as KANE!!!

im not explaining why :)

Rich Cranium
10-16-2011, 05:09 PM
http://images.wikia.com/prowrestling/images/2/21/Too-Cool.jpg
> Backstreet Boys

Peter Kaymakcian
10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
And who thought it was possible to actually have an interesting conversation paralleling superstars from two different industries? I was before reading the comments. But I guess I should be used to the trolls around here. I ask a moderator please delete this thread because the brainless ones ruined. Yes I am refering to all of you as idiots. But maybe I am the idiot for expecting an intelligent conversation with what is most likely a bunch of neanderthals or twelve year olds.

kersh
10-16-2011, 05:15 PM
eminem = kane
dre = gregory helms
2pac = owen hart (this one is out of pure respect)
puffy= ziggler
biggie = biggie show
wu tan clan = triple h playing all rolls and hogging the camera

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah, that was a bad comparing. :(

CM Punk is the Kanye West of the WWE then.

So your saying Punk is going to interrupt Kaitlyn and ruin her first night as Divas Champion.

stinger13
10-16-2011, 05:21 PM
I thought CM Punk (before his push) was like Lupe Fiasco. Very underrated and under-appreciated, but if you watch/listen, you will realize that he was actually as good as anyone else.

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-16-2011, 05:21 PM
And who thought it was possible to actually have an interesting conversation paralleling superstars from two different industries? I was before reading the comments. But I guess I should be used to the trolls around here. I ask a moderator please delete this thread because the brainless ones ruined. Yes I am refering to all of you as idiots. But maybe I am the idiot for expecting an intelligent conversation with what is most likely a bunch of neanderthals or twelve year olds.

You're the idiot here bro. Eminem isn't a rapper that alot of people like, so to use him to compare wrestlers to you should have expected this. And the only one who sounds like a little kid is you whining about peoples comments.

p.s. I'm 13 get it right next time pendejo!!!

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 05:22 PM
CM Punk is the Lil Wayne of the WWE.

So your saying Punk sucks.

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 05:23 PM
You are getting mad at the fact that people are ACTUALLY comparing music artists to WWE Superstars which is a contribution to the current topic that you originality came up with?

No hes mad cuz we aint takin his topic seriously, mostly joking about it.

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Stop calling each other idiots this is a fun thread.

the-rocks-stunner
10-16-2011, 05:26 PM
lol Eminem is the greatest rapper? you're obviously aged between 12-24

Wade Barrett 1979
10-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Santino Marella is the Flavour Flav of the WWE!!

SESAfro
10-16-2011, 05:31 PM
lol Eminem is the greatest rapper? you're obviously aged between 12-24
I love Eminem but even I know that. Nas is the greatest rapper. So, I would say HBK is the Nas of the WWE. I also agree on the Kane and Eminem comparison. lol

Wade Barrett 1979
10-16-2011, 05:35 PM
theres only one thing to say to that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PIckHrZ0o

Shooting Stars is THE funniest shit on tv!!

kersh
10-16-2011, 05:36 PM

well all i can say to that is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PIckHrZ0o

Robstar
10-16-2011, 05:37 PM

Peter, when you are going to put your opinions on the line by putting them out there so strongly, why get so hurt if someone doesn't agree? Are you saying we should all think or know Eminem is the greatest rapper ever? Are you saying you don't think people should be allowed to take issue with it? I think you need to think about how you express yourself more carefully next time.
It's the internet, guy. Those who disagree with you are not always 'trolls'.

Automatic
10-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Mark Henry is the Notorious B.I.G, but just at this moment.

kersh
10-16-2011, 05:39 PM
lol
yeah i used the wrong quote so i re-posted
but my fellow countryman had already quoted me
:)

but this isnt about what wrestlers look like rappers so we may get moaned at

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Ok, something is not right about the 2 posts above me...

I was thinking the same thing. How do you quote a post before it's been posted?

kersh
10-16-2011, 05:42 PM
he's a timelord

AreYaSerious
10-16-2011, 05:43 PM
He's not the best, but he's not the worse.

Can we get a long?

The eminem in WWE would have to be The Rock, was great and active at first slowed down did other things came back and never heard from him since.

Rich Cranium
10-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Santino Marella is the Flavour Flav of the WWE!!

This is the best comparison yet! Put a clock on Santino! Yeah Boy!

thetheme
10-16-2011, 05:46 PM
The miz is the Ricky Martin of the WWE.

Rich Cranium
10-16-2011, 05:49 PM
The miz is the Ricky Martin of the WWE.

That's a good one too!

Tommy Thunder
10-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Justin Bieber = John Cena

Girls and kids love them. Everyone else hates them.

Girls love him, the kids want to be him, and everyone else hates him. Got it right!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-16-2011, 05:52 PM
he's a timelord

I do have a penchant for bow ties!!

helmsley
undertaker is the marlyin manson

Rich Cranium
I do have a penchant for bow ties!!

Otunga, is that you?

Rich Cranium
10-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Booker T is MC Hammer

Wade Barrett 1979
10-16-2011, 05:53 PM
This is the best comparison yet! Put a clock on Santino! Yeah Boy!

He would look awesome!!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Booker T is MC Hammer

The baggy pants would look ace on him!! Allows him to still do the Spinarooni too!!

Rich Cranium
10-16-2011, 05:57 PM
The baggy pants would look ace on him!! Allows him to still do the Spinarooni too!!

Ahh, I always thought those pants were for emergency situations like too much Taco Bell!

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Anyone else notice post 29 quoted post 30? Maybe its just me.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Ahh, I always thought those pants were for emergency situations like too much Taco Bell!

They are multi functional! You can use them as a sail, if you get stranded on a desert island! Or as an emergency parachute, if you fall out of a rollercoaster!!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-16-2011, 06:05 PM

I'm just that good!! :p

AreYaSerious
10-16-2011, 06:06 PM

Nope I seen it.

HBK
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Pretty sure you know nothing about rap if you say he is the greatest of all time.... top 5 possibly but the top 3 without a doubt is Pac,Nas,Biggie... in any order really

SESAfro
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Zack Ryder = Vanilla Ice.

Black Mass Reverend
10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8CEKTXn8Jk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Reloval
10-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Eminem = Owen Hart when we was in NOD. White guy that hung out with all black guys.

BlazersDozen
10-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Boogeyman = Tyler, The Creator

Fan4Now
10-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Crowning the best rapper of all time is difficult. How do you do that? MOST RAPPERS rap about selling/doing drugs, how many cars they got & how big their houses are. Eminem raps about sex, doing drugs, & disses celebrities, or ppl he's beefing with, but they all (including Eminem) have real life songs about struggle & inspiration. All rappers think the best way to crown the best of all time is freestyle battling & I think Eminem would beat Nas, Wayne, Jay Z, T.I., Lupe, Kanye, & yes even Tupac & Biggie. If it's about subject matter, then it's different, b/c alot of rappers have different subject matter in their songs. Again, how do you judge that? Well maybe by who sold the most records? And guess who that is? Eminem. He's the best battle emcee & the highest selling rapper of all time, including the fastest selling rap album of all time, The MMLP. And, if it's said that only white ppl pushed him to be the highest selling rapper of all time. I know alot of black ppl in the hood that buy & boom his cds, & white suburb ppl that like Lil Wayne, Drake, Dr Dre, Kanye, & Jay Z way more than Eminem. It's hard to say Em's the best freestyle battle emcee b/c he's never battled everyone, but judging from his track record, no other emcee can beat him in that & definitely, no other emcee can beat him in record sales. If you wanna talk about his rap feuds w/ mixtape & studio album diss tracks, then he's the reigning champ. Now in a battle, I'd have to say the one who would give him the best fight is Nas. Anyone ever heard that "Ether" song to Jay Z? There was a guy who beat Em in his only losing freestyle battle, but where is he? He's not signed anywhere, & if you listen to the battle they had & to Em since MMLP util now, I think you'd agree, Em would tear him a new one now too.

kjell
10-16-2011, 07:03 PM
sugarhill gang - nation of domination

masakaritko
10-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Crowning the best rapper of all time is difficult. How do you do that? MOST RAPPERS rap about selling/doing drugs, how many cars they got & how big their houses are. Eminem raps about sex, doing drugs, & disses celebrities, or ppl he's beefing with, but they all (including Eminem) have real life songs about struggle & inspiration. All rappers think the best way to crown the best of all time is freestyle battling & I think Eminem would beat Nas, Wayne, Jay Z, T.I., Lupe, Kanye, & yes even Tupac & Biggie. If it's about subject matter, then it's different, b/c alot of rappers have different subject matter in their songs. Again, how do you judge that? Well maybe by who sold the most records? And guess who that is? Eminem. He's the best battle emcee & the highest selling rapper of all time, including the fastest selling rap album of all time, The MMLP. And, if it's said that only white ppl pushed him to be the highest selling rapper of all time. I know alot of black ppl in the hood that buy & boom his cds, & white suburb ppl that like Lil Wayne, Drake, Dr Dre, Kanye, & Jay Z way more than Eminem. It's hard to say Em's the best freestyle battle emcee b/c he's never battled everyone, but judging from his track record, no other emcee can beat him in that & definitely, no other emcee can beat him in record sales. If you wanna talk about his rap feuds w/ mixtape & studio album diss tracks, then he's the reigning champ. Now in a battle, I'd have to say the one who would give him the best fight is Nas. Anyone ever heard that "Ether" song to Jay Z? There was a guy who beat Em in his only losing freestyle battle, but where is he? He's not signed anywhere, & if you listen to the battle they had & to Em since MMLP util now, I think you'd agree, Em would tear him a new one now too.

I agree with you 100%, and just to add to that, I'm going to compare Eminem to John Cena for a moment, even if this post gets a lot of heat. Most of the people that say eminem sucks are adult white males, whereas kids and women still love him, as well as many black people that love him, (not to say that there aren't white guys that like eminem, or that there aren't any women, children, and black men that don't) but that's the basic majority of eminem's fans, Now, who in the WWE does that sound like? Only one guy, and that would be John Cena. This comparison is completely ignoring the fact that Cena had a rapper gimmick as well, I'm only stating as far as who his fan base is. Back onto what you said though, Eminem was once upon a time the best freestyle battle mc around, but, he recently even said in an interview that its been so long since he's done it, he doesn't think he could anymore and would rather stick to writing. Now on to what was said about Nas, Pac, and Biggie being the greatest of all time. Pac and Biggie probably wouldn't be given that consideration if they were still alive, and as far as nas is concerned, he hasn't been very consistent. Far from the greatest of all time. The people who say that are stuck in a time period long ago. I think what it all comes down to is a few categories, like who sold the most records, who has the most won battles under their belt, longevity, number albums made, number of singles making it to number 1, and who made the biggest impact. I know my opinion will get a lot of heat, but just looking into those categories, Eminem, love him or hate him, still takes the crown undeniably just due to the fact that he wins in a majority of those categories, and you even hear many other rappers say he's the greatest of all time, and even the opinions of millions of eminem haters don't matter because he's already taken the crown, and a vote on the topic just wouldn't matter.

Russo swerve
10-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Eminiem is not the best rapper ever your just saying that cause hes the best white rapper and u dont know rap

eyehatecena
10-16-2011, 10:10 PM
I would say HBK is one of the better people on the mic(especially after his years he was on drugs), along with Jericho and Punk....I guess I am getting back on topic ...idk.

As far as rappers- Em has been hit or miss, first few cds were great, then he turned out shit, then his last cd was much better...Sure I would say he is overall better than most, but not the best of all time. There are too many greats in music- NWA(which gave us Ice Cube, Dre, Eazy E and some other guy), Public Enemy(which gave us the great Chuck D and unfortanately gave us Flavor Flav), Tupac, Ice T...etc. And you got people like Jay Z, Kanye who do their own thing are are good. You got The Streets and Asher Roth who do their own things too, which I personally like) And of course you have your Lil Wayne, 50 cent are other crap rap like them(just my opinion).
There is no best rapper of all time, everyone has their own opinion. Just as everyone would have their "best wrestler of all time".
Now if anyone considers Cena or Orton the best wrestler of all time, they are an idiot. Just saying

wwe=awesome
10-16-2011, 10:26 PM
anyone who is taking this thread seriously and isnt having fun with it then leave lol

eyehatecena
10-16-2011, 10:40 PM
I was having fun..I really think anyone who says the best wrestler in the world is either of the ones I named are really idiots and should just quit watching wrestlers

masakaritko
10-16-2011, 10:48 PM
I can tell you my favorite wrestler of all time never even won the wwf title(as it was back then), nwa champion in wcw one time, but only the intercontinental champ in wwe, and that man would be Ricky Steamboat. Not considered the greatest by far, but his match with macho man at wm 3 is considered one of the greatest matches of all time, many even consider it THE greatest, but that doesn't make it so due to the fact that everyone has a different opinion on what match is the greatest. You could name off many, like HBK vs Taker at WM 25, or the Mankind vs Taker HIAC match, I've heard some people go as far as to say that the HIAC matches, or any other "special" match like ladders, cages, and any no disqualification match shouldn't be considered because the greatest matches have to be matches contested under normal rules, although i disagree and think that all match types can be considered on a "greatest of all time" list, it all comes down to how entertained you were, whether you were on the edge of your seat, etc.. anywho I'm done ranting so next poster take it away...........

The Phantom Menace
10-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Remember that both Nas & Eminem both grew up idolizing Rakim. Who I wold say is the Hip-Hop equivilnt of the Undertaker. He's old school & you better show respect or you will be put in your place.

Royce
10-16-2011, 11:27 PM
John Cena is the nickleback of wrestling.... he sells millions of dollars but the hardcore fans still wont respect him....

pauadrian
10-16-2011, 11:34 PM
You're the idiot here bro. Eminem isn't a rapper that alot of people like, so to use him to compare wrestlers to you should have expected this. And the only one who sounds like a little kid is you whining about peoples comments.

p.s. I'm 13 get it right next time pendejo!!!

im 14 estupido

Tomsta666
10-16-2011, 11:43 PM
I know that this means nothing to this thread. I saw Eninem live @ the MEN arena in Manchester '00.
Height of the dudes popularity!! Travelled North East to North West. Was well worth the 180 mile trip!!
It was just after the Marshall Mathers LP dropped. Dude was like a mega sta at that time, #! every song released!
Xzhibit even supported that tour, WELL BEFORE PIMP MY RIDE!!

Good show. My wigga phase has passed now though ;) :) :cool:

knox
10-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Eminem is the most liked person on facebook. He has over 43 million likes, how don't people like him

Brewer 314
10-17-2011, 12:28 AM
Eminem is the greatest rapper to pick up a microphone ever and this shows whenever he picks up a mic.

Wow, you must be 14.

Brewer 314
10-17-2011, 12:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWa4UpajKTc

Now that's an emcee.

And here's the neat part, his lyrics aren't slowing down the maturity of people like you! (Well not these days at least)

Brewer 314
10-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Eminem is the most liked person on facebook. He has over 43 million likes, how don't people like him

Yeah, the majority of people on Facebook are high school kids.

midian
10-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Batista is the Kanye West of the WWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uELkRqvY3A

Fan4Now
10-17-2011, 01:25 AM
Rap isn't predetermined like wrestling as to say whose the best, & most popular. Eminem sold the most records ever. You can't ignore that fact. It's not like saying Flair's the greatest wrestler of all time b/c some promoters let him win 16 World Championships. I do agree there are many greats. Eminem, Jay Z, Nas, Tupac, Biggie, Ice Cube, Snoop, Dre, Kanye, T.I., DMX, 50 (I know, but he still has it in him.) etc, but Em is the best seller of all time, plus in rap competition, who can think of any name who can beat him? Just like wrestling, in rap, we all have our favorites, but Eminem's head & shoulders above the rest. Hearing some of his new underground songs & freestyles even after the "Em was hot, but he lost it" wrap by fans, I believe he'd still beat any emcee. I think, he just doesn't want to anymore. Even most new school emcees & old school rap icons have labeled him the Greatest Of All Time. So highest sales ever, best battle emcee, & even acknowledged by most other rappers who could fight him for the throne as The Best Ever. I'm just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomsta666
10-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Not read a post since my last one. BUT I honestly can't remember an Eninem song since that one with Rhianna.. Not trolling here, that song was quality, but he hasn't been on top of his game since the eninem show.. IN MY OPINION obviously... ;)

How cute is this BTW...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dNryy5elc8

rss3004
10-17-2011, 02:55 AM
I'll have to compare Em to Rey, after Proof's and Eddie's passing. Both had their greatest success in recent times...with Em making Recovery and Rey winning the world title.

Mr. McMahon
10-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Stone Cold Steve Austin

Polly-Pablo
10-17-2011, 06:57 PM
3 Count is the best boy band EVER! Obviously pre Ink Ink cause there is NO ink!

http://www.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesT/3count.jpg

Oh Shannon....my first wrestling crush....post tattoos obviously...Polly loves tattoos...I go with Cody's bag theory, if it has tattoos, just don't look at the face = fit bloke....sorted...

John Cena = Vanilla Ice

steveorton
10-18-2011, 06:38 AM
Eminem is the best in the world at what he does.

THEKEVINBRAND
01-07-2012, 12:38 PM
I was reading this thread trying not to laugh (I hate bumping dead threads randomly like Irk does) but people are saying John Cena = Vanilla Ice? No man! Look at this one and tell me they don't look like brothers:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/7/17/d8cb971e-1d5a-432c-ae02-79bf8cf18156.jpg

Cabers
01-07-2012, 04:54 PM
JTG is very similar in the way that eminem acts. So yea thats my answer haha

URATOOL
01-07-2012, 05:00 PM
CM Punk is the Tupac of the WWE. ;)

Punk is dead????

URATOOL
01-07-2012, 05:02 PM

Dude. You started a compare a wrestler to a rapper thread!!!

URATOOL
01-07-2012, 05:22 PM
John Cena is both the greatest wrestler and rapper of all time!