PDA

View Full Version : Things I LOVE! & HATE! about TNA

Kashdinero
10-12-2010, 05:06 AM
What a controversial promotion tna is!

BFG certainly created a massive but mostly negative buzz. Ive got definite mixed feeling about their product at the moment and thought I'd write a list of the things I feel one way of another about.
I hope you can do the same too.

LOVE!

AJ styles, kurt angle, Samoa Joe. The pope, mr anderson, Jeff hardy, Desmond Wolfe, Jay leathal, Brian Kendrick, red, kazarian, eric young, doug Williams, RVD & sabu.
What an awesome group of vets and "newcomers", They are all an excellent addition to the tna roster. They are capable of having a great match on any given night (except maybe Jeff "mr inconsistent since leaving wwe" hardy & sa-botch-a-mania-bu, who don't shine in the ring as much due to being so broken down).

HATE!

The way in which a lot of those I mentioned are or have been used. Not all of them as kurt never looks weak, leathals getting an overdue push and Anderson & pope are doing some of theyre best work ever!
But.... Desmond has been made to look soooo weak that I'm sure he'll never be perceived as anything more than a "jobber". Speaking of "jobber"; Brian Kendrick anyone? (I do love his new character though! Totally get it!). Thank the lord for the hardy heel turn, let's hope its a turn for the best eh. Eric young???????? RVD's not doing anything new, apart from maybe talk! Joe is not Joe (& may never be again). Where's red? Xplosion? Why? AND AJ STYLES IS NOT RIC FLAIR!!!!

LOVE! The tag teams. MCMG, Gen me and beer money are a godsend and a goldmine in the waiting!
HATE! The way these teams are possitioned on the card. They are better than throwaway matches on impact & xplosion, they deserve to be higher up on the card than opening a ppv. MCMG v BMI should have been the main event during they're best of 5 series, now it's just another distant midcard memory.

LOVE! The passion that the above wrestlers exhibit when performing. Kinda reminds me of the original ecw.
HATE! the wcw (2000-2001 era) feel. with bischoff, hogan, Nash, sting, jarret, foley, the Ecw guys and flair!! And vince Russo backstage to boot!! Individually they might make a difference but collectively all I feel for them is indifference. Plus they're a bunch of egomaniacs. They must be a political nightmare for the young guys. Even if they put them over they're still "sucking up air time"

LOVE! the fact that I get to see fresh faces who have never been featured in wwe. Abyss is an awesome character, Hernandez is an awesome big man and although he's a bit annoying matt morgan is showing wwe what they lost week in week out (a 7ft, agile, capable superstar).
HATE! The useless adititions who get hired On past "achievements". Hogan and bischoff came in and brought a whole heap of bad decisions, such as val venis and Orlando Jordan(!!!!!!!) while guys like Daniels are pushed out.

HATE! That Dixie choose Russo over cornette
HATE! That Russo, bischoff and hogan are the force pushing tna, it's 2010 get with the times Dixie! Heyman may have been from the same era but he has always changed with the times and the product would have been much more relevant under his guidance.

LOVE(ed)! The knockouts!!! Unique looking and great grapplers they were the true alternative to the divas.
HATE! That the ko's are now just another set of divas!

LOVE! Ultimate X!
HATE! What the x division has become. The matches used to feel different than a regular match. Now it all seems so run of the mill.....

The bottom line is I like TNA and want them to succeed. But I don't like where they're at right now and I don't see how they can change their fortunes.
Thanks for reading.

jethro
10-12-2010, 05:32 AM
I'm gonna repeat myself here but what the hey

Love: Wrestlers that are not from WCW,WWE and ECW.

Dislike(hate such a strong word): Wrestlers that are from WCW,WWE and ECW
------------------
Love: X division and tag team division

Dislike: Any competition from again,WCWWWEECW.
-----------------------------

Love: Don West,I admit back then he was annoying but now that Taz taking over,I dont need 2 commentators talk about technical wrestling match,leave that to Tenay.I miss Don enthusiasm.

Dislike: Taz

Warmachine
10-12-2010, 09:04 AM
i just hate how its not a legit pro wrestling company like it was back in 2006 cuz its becoming more of an entertainment program like wwe
wtf man i like to watch the matches more than 20 minute promos going no where (""they""= fail) , womens matches were even fun to watch now theyre like 2 minutes, the x division is barely getting as much exposure due to hogan's crappy roster of guys over 60 running half the show bottom line

and i apologize about the profanity: FUCK You Hogan!!!...ruin the next best thing to wwe..and we all know that wwe aint as great either w/e

Dameduse823
10-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Love: Tna, despite doing a miserable job lately, is a place where young or largely unknown guys get a chance to show what their made of to live and televised audiences.

Hate: The young and unknown guys normally get two or three wins and turn into jobbers immediately.

Love: Some of teh more innovative matches that TNA came up with such as the ultimate x and the king of the mountain.

Hate: That Dixie took over and pushed jarrett out and brought in hogan and his sock puppet and now everything that made TNA into what it was has been destroyed and the company has become a low budget WWE look alike

Hate: That the innovative matches, the six sided ring, and pretty much anything different from the basic wrestling company was removed and toned WAY down because the old men getting all the focus could never pull them off

Hate: Hogan

HATE: HOGAN

cetotheizzo
10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Hate: Hogan!!!!!

Hate: All the old ECW guys who can barely move around the ring.

Hate: long promos and short matches

Hate: Young guys not getting as much time as they should.

Love: MCMG and GEN ME.

Love: Foley, Flair, Anderson, Angle.

Love: When matches that last longer then 3 minutes.

Love: when the young guy get TV time.

CMhuw24
10-13-2010, 06:33 AM
LOVE: Anything AJ is involed in, MCMG vs Beer Money Series, Kevin Nash is hopefully gone :)
HATE: Hogan, ECW oldies, tna picking up alot of wwe's dropouts and making them instant face from popularity in wwe. that was the best thing about AJ, he became one of the best, without being seen on the best :)

ChrisQ1
10-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Love: AJ STYLES (best in the world), MCMG (best tag team in the world) and any match Kurt Angle is involved in

Hate: Everything Else. Creative need a shake up.

mikenigma
10-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Love: Fortune, Beer Money, Especially Robert Roode. Any match with AJ. Any match with Kurt. The Motor City Machine Guns. Ultimate X. The Beautiful People. Mickie James. The Pope. Desmond Wolfe. Gen Me. An actual tag team division. Ric Flair.

Hate: The lack of creative story lines. (Team Canada joins Jarrett and AMW is to World Elite joining MEM is to Fortune joining "They") Abyss. Dixie Carter being involved in ANY storyline. Jeff Hardy's obvious lack of desire. The release of Christopher Daniels. The release of Kong. The release of ODB. The fact that they don't use the "TV Championship" as a TV Championship. The TNA video game sucked. The X Division isn't even a shell of what it once was. Having RVD shoved down my throat when AJ Styles should be the face of TNA. And where in the blue hell did Wolfe go?

mikenigma
10-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Love: Don West,I admit back then he was annoying but now that Taz taking over,I dont need 2 commentators talk about technical wrestling match,leave that to Tenay.I miss Don enthusiasm.

Dislike: Taz

Right on! The fact is West was just becoming a good heel commentator when they took him off. I would have even been happier with Taz being added creating a 3 man commentator team.

Splattered-Dreams
10-13-2010, 12:42 PM
The fact that they don't use the "TV Championship" as a TV Championship.

Really, how so?

Red devil
10-13-2010, 01:04 PM
LOVE: Anything AJ is involed in, MCMG vs Beer Money Series, Kevin Nash is hopefully gone :)
HATE: Hogan, ECW oldies, tna picking up alot of wwe's dropouts and making them instant face from popularity in wwe. that was the best thing about AJ, he became one of the best, without being seen on the best :)

Even though i agree what you say mate if you mean aj became one of the best without being in the wwe then i think you should do some more homework, look on you tube and type aj styles wwe or wwf as he did very briefly wrestle there.

Bodom
10-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Even though i agree what you say mate if you mean aj became one of the best without being in the wwe then i think you should do some more homework, look on you tube and type aj styles wwe or wwf as he did very briefly wrestle there.

I remember AJ competing in WCW as Air Styles in that Air Raid tag team

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-13-2010, 05:48 PM
hmmm i agree with all your points kashdinero, but (im guna get blasted for this) i like the wcw guys. its nostalgia and it feels gud.
wwe doing a wcw themed WM27 says it all.
I miss them days and i love the injection of new blood TNA brings to the table but i like it, mynd u i love hogan, that guy is a machine, hes got a fucked up back and still made it at BFG
You cud tell wen abyss hugged him he couldnt hug properly, thats why he's 1 of the best ever, hes a beast, jus like angle and taker and austin etc and i hate to admit it but john cena!

Kashdinero
10-14-2010, 02:21 AM
hmmm i agree with all your points kashdinero, but (im guna get blasted for this) i like the wcw guys. its nostalgia and it feels gud.
wwe doing a wcw themed WM27 says it all.
I miss them days and i love the injection of new blood TNA brings to the table but i like it, mynd u i love hogan, that guy is a machine, hes got a fucked up back and still made it at BFG
You cud tell wen abyss hugged him he couldnt hug properly, thats why he's 1 of the best ever, hes a beast, jus like angle and taker and austin etc and i hate to admit it but john cena!

Props to hogan for making it to the ring when he was clearly in no shape to do so.... I wouldn't blast you for your opinion, after all it is your opinion not mine and you are more than entitled to express it...
However.
Before hulk n bisch came in I was quite looking forward to it. Then it happened and I've been rolling my eyes ever since. They really shouldn't be this heavily involved in a mainstream wrestling promotion in 2010, tna should be ALL about the new generation and not a nostalgia fed obsessed with the 90's... also on the subject of the 90's as much as I love/loved the ecw guys (and believe me I LOVED ECW WAY more than wwf and wcw) I'm not hot on the ev2.0 thing, if anything they should just have dreamer leading a whole group of new hardcore "wrestlers" that can actually move at an acceptable level.
Bottom line: nostalgia should be left for special nostalgia shows

P.S I would love to see a wcw reunion show from wwe or tna

Kashdinero
10-14-2010, 02:29 AM
I remember AJ competing in WCW as Air Styles in that Air Raid tag team

Sorry to do this, but I think he actually competed as a.j styles... His partner was air Paris... They had some great matches against the yung dragons among others... I think AJ would have been big for wcw had bisch been able "acquire" the wwe's biggest competition at the time.

Bodom
10-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Sorry to do this, but I think he actually competed as a.j styles... His partner was air Paris... They had some great matches against the yung dragons among others... I think AJ would have been big for wcw had bisch been able "acquire" the wwe's biggest competition at the time.

He did in fact go by the name Air Styles in WCW. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V37gmLnGlxQ&feature=related

kirbz
10-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Love: Aj Styles, Ric Flair, MCMG, Angle, Pope, Mr Anderson, RVD, Desmond Wolfe

Hate: Hulk Hogan please please please stay out of the ring and stop fueling your ego with Eric because your destroying TNA with the help of Russo

Loved: The 6 sided ring, X division, The Knockouts, Main Event Mafia

Things I Would Love to see happen: 6 sided ring back hogan sacked or moved off the camera hire PAUL HEYMAN i was hoping he was going to be part of THEY.

THEY in my personal opinion was a epic fail

Hopefully TNA will realise Hogan and Eric are wrecking TNA or i think in 2 Years we will be buying the rise and fall of TNA.

Splattered-Dreams
10-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Love: Aj Styles, Ric Flair, MCMG, Angle, Pope, Mr Anderson, RVD, Desmond Wolfe

Hate: Hulk Hogan please please please stay out of the ring and stop fueling your ego with Eric because your destroying TNA with the help of Russo

Loved: The 6 sided ring, X division, The Knockouts, Main Event Mafia

Things I Would Love to see happen: 6 sided ring back hogan sacked or moved off the camera hire PAUL HEYMAN i was hoping he was going to be part of THEY.

THEY in my personal opinion was a epic fail

Hopefully TNA will realise Hogan and Eric are wrecking TNA or i think in 2 Years we will be buying the rise and fall of TNA.

Except without the 'rise'

I don't see what eerybody saw in the hexagonal ring. Less room to perform and rigid ropes which automatically no-sold Irish whips. I dont think it served any real purpose

Bodom
10-14-2010, 12:07 PM

I don't see what eerybody saw in the hexagonal ring. Less room to perform and rigid ropes which automatically no-sold Irish whips. I dont think it served any real purpose

It was different. That was pretty much it

Kashdinero
10-14-2010, 03:34 PM
He did in fact go by the name Air Styles in WCW. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V37gmLnGlxQ&feature=related

Wow. Well done! I stand very corrected.... Air styles he was! With Air Paris as his his partner and they were air raid (maybe the overabundance of air did something to my brain) I never really used to watch thunder back then, when wcw changed from TNT to bravo in England I don't think thunder made the transition (but hey, ive been wrong before!). We are both right though. Check out the cruiserweight tag tourney on YouTube ,I would put the link here but I can't from my iPhone. maybe you could put it up for me. If not I'll try get a clip up tomorrow. Shame on me for trying to correct a mighty moderator lol.

Kashdinero
10-14-2010, 03:41 PM

I prefer the 4 sided ring. But TNA's ring looks so cheap. I think it might be the red ropes....
Any one know what promotion first used the 6 sided ring? I think it might have been touryumon's T2P in japan but they may have nicked it from Mexico.

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Props to hogan for making it to the ring when he was clearly in no shape to do so.... I wouldn't blast you for your opinion, after all it is your opinion not mine and you are more than entitled to express it...
However.
Before hulk n bisch came in I was quite looking forward to it. Then it happened and I've been rolling my eyes ever since. They really shouldn't be this heavily involved in a mainstream wrestling promotion in 2010, tna should be ALL about the new generation and not a nostalgia fed obsessed with the 90's... also on the subject of the 90's as much as I love/loved the ecw guys (and believe me I LOVED ECW WAY more than wwf and wcw) I'm not hot on the ev2.0 thing, if anything they should just have dreamer leading a whole group of new hardcore "wrestlers" that can actually move at an acceptable level.
Bottom line: nostalgia should be left for special nostalgia shows

P.S I would love to see a wcw reunion show from wwe or tna

thankyou, respect to you for that.
hmmmm i know what u mean there kash but you cannot base a show ENTIRELY on new blood. look at wwe, without undertaker, kane, jericho, rey mysterio, big show and a few more attitude and pre-attitude era stars i would not be watchin, there are a few guys like punk, del rio etc that are great talent but otherwise eurgh lol.
TNA is not nostaligic it is a show with a segment or two at mst that is nostalgic. all champs are young, young talent is being pushed. and new talent is being added, afta abyss turned heel until now hogan has been very quiet and low-key aswell as bischoff so you cant reli say that they are hogging the spotlight.
as for the ev2.0 hmm i liked ecw but not a huge fan but i can agree with you on that, plus i think dreamer would make a great addition to the creative part of tna's backroom staff, nash is retiring and so is sting, hopefully theyl work for tna in the back but i have a feeling they will make it to WM27.

bottom line, a wrestlign show cannot be all; violence :(, not all naked women :( and not all young blood but it has a to be a combination to appeal to a wider audience, but since most TNA watchers are the more mature viewers some nostalgia is needed, the question is how much!

Kashdinero
10-14-2010, 04:57 PM
You make some good points there. Bisch and hogan have been a bit quiet as of late but there definitely making some noise now! Your right about the need for a mix of veterans and youngsters, I'm fine with rvd and hardy being there and if it wasn't for hulk they may never have found their way to tna but most of tna's vets are really old and waaaay past the point of being ratings winners. Tna feels like a bit of a cauliflower ears club with hulk as the president! this storyline with they being hogan and bisch just doesn't sit well for me. As for taker and Kane? Please don't get me started on them lol

Btw BFG was a good show!

THEKEVINBRAND
10-15-2010, 09:52 PM
think about it, since the major heel turns in TNA, they scored the highest ratings since January 4th!! that's right TNA hit a 1.4 rating with 1.3 million viewers tuned in on Spike (Jersey Shore appearance maybe???) I hope everything comes back to less talk and more wrestling next week

Robstar
10-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Having a world title holder again didn't hurt. Also isn't this Hardy's first reign as TNA champ? Also couldn't have hurt either

eyehatecena
10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Love- Angelina Love, AJ Styles, Desmond Wolfe, MCMGs, Angelina Love, the fact that TNA actually did something with Matt Morgan, Petey Williams(when he was in TNA, Angelina Love, The Dudley Boys

Hate- Bishpff and Hogan taking over(the storyline that is), Bishoffs hiring was ok, but Hogan- they should have just brought him in for a short period. Flair- all respect to him, he had a long career- but never, ever let him compete in the ring again. The storyline with that Jersey shore bimbo coming in- its cool for some crossover storylines- but Jersey Shore? WTF? TNAs biggest fault is starting a storyline- abandoning it for no reason, starting another, etc.
Overall TNA does have some great workers, and uses them better than WWE does overall but they still have a lot of work ahead of them. They need to quit relying on WWE leftovers, and concentrate on their own guys more. Sure, the WWE people have a place, but do not push all of them over the ones that have been with TNA for years.