PDA

View Full Version : Media whining

Asherdelampyr
10-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Ok, so this is gonna be a bit of a rant, I know that y'all know Asher as a mild-mannered kinda guy but this has been bugging me for a while now
also, it is a bit US-centric, because I don't know how this is handled in other countries
that being said...

I Do not give a flying monkey fuck about your children
See, we have an issue here where people constantly bitch and moan and whine about how horrible some forms of media are for children, and I am sick and fucking tired of it.
I don't have kids, because I know damned well that I do not have the time, energy, or patience to raise them correctly. So I do not understand why these mealy-mouthed assholes expect society to raise their children

The TV is not a substitute for raising your children. Video games are not there to teach your brat life lessons
If you don't want a child to see a certain program on TV how about acting like a fucking parent and making sure that they do not watch it. All modern cable and satellite boxes come with parental controls FUCKING USE THEM

Pay attention to what games your child is playing, it isn't up to Gamestop to raise your child, and it certainly is not up to the video game publishers to decide what is right and wrong for your family. Just accept that there are people out there who play video games that are adults, and so some games are made for them.

right now in the US Adults aged 18-25 are the largest demo for video games, so guess who the majority of games are going to be made for?

Freedom means that everyone has a choice, if you love freedom then you should exercise that choice.

In short. Be a fucking parent, take the time to teach your child right from wrong, and concentrate your efforts on actually harmful things.

Tomsta666
10-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Right on Bro!!

thejman93
10-15-2011, 01:48 PM
That. Was. Awesome.

Seriously dude, I agree with every word.

SESAfro
10-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Now that was a rant. Don't worry A LOT of people think the same way.

Asherdelampyr
10-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Now that was a rant. Don't worry A LOT of people think the same way.

There were a few things over the last couple weeks that lead to this

first, I was in Gamestop, and this lady was bitching out the owner (Really cool dude, btw) because her son bought GTA, the poor guy tried to explain that she had come in yesterday with her son to purchase the game, and that since there was an adult present he sold it. She got all bent out of shape and actually said "How the hell am I supposed to know what games are bad for kids" and I was standing in line like "wtf? the rating right on the cover of the game didn't give you a hint?"

Then I hear people bitching online because they don't want the Billy and Mandy (The grim adventures of Billy and Mandy) movies played on cartoon network this Halloween, because they are too scary for small children.

Then on some parkour vids I am watching today I can't help but notice all the people calling these athletes assholes because kids may try what they see.

I just can't understand this shit, if my mom didn't want me reading a certain book, or watching a certain show or playing a certain game, she told me. If I wanted to watch a movie at the theatres, not only would she check the rating, but she would also read the review in the paper to see just what kind of content was in it.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Well said that man! I think this translates to most countries, in all honesty! There seems to be an inherent blame culture these days, it's easier for them to blame others, rather than seeing themselves as the problem to why their kids are such awful little shits!!

Asherdelampyr
10-15-2011, 02:31 PM
since this is my thread, I reserve the right to derail it with show ideas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKGWiv58S50&feature=related

pauadrian
10-15-2011, 10:48 PM
There were a few things over the last couple weeks that lead to this

first, I was in Gamestop, and this lady was bitching out the owner (Really cool dude, btw) because her son bought GTA, the poor guy tried to explain that she had come in yesterday with her son to purchase the game, and that since there was an adult present he sold it. She got all bent out of shape and actually said "How the hell am I supposed to know what games are bad for kids" and I was standing in line like "wtf? the rating right on the cover of the game didn't give you a hint?"

Then I hear people bitching online because they don't want the Billy and Mandy (The grim adventures of Billy and Mandy) movies played on cartoon network this Halloween, because they are too scary for small children.

Then on some parkour vids I am watching today I can't help but notice all the people calling these athletes assholes because kids may try what they see.

I just can't understand this shit, if my mom didn't want me reading a certain book, or watching a certain show or playing a certain game, she told me. If I wanted to watch a movie at the theatres, not only would she check the rating, but she would also read the review in the paper to see just what kind of content was in it.

bro right on
my father didnt buy me the xbox or playstation 2
even if i moaned and whined while i was a kid

what did he buy me as a kid?
a nintendo yes a nintendo
i had fun with it and that means little kids no not need to buy gta or cod or zombie games to have fun

you know why my parents didnt have cable when i was a kid
cus there are violent programs on cable
while free tv is for the whole family

in other words my parents were and still are great parents

my dad never hit me
he made me cry using words

IrkenInvader
10-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Stop trying to get my favorite games banned just because your to stupid to read the ratings on the damn box.

pauadrian
10-15-2011, 11:05 PM
stop trying to get my favorite games banned just because your to stupid to read the ratings on the damn box.

gta cod batllefield svr no blood

Asherdelampyr
10-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Stop trying to get my favorite games banned just because your to stupid to read the ratings on the damn box.

Exactly!!!
I like violent games, I am an adult, I should be allowed to play them