Prelims:

Dennis Siver vs Donald Cerrone - Winner - Dennis Siver

Tyson Griffin vs Bart Palaszewski - Winner - Tyson Griffon

Brad Tavares vs Dustin Jacoby - Winner - Dustin Jacoby

Scott Jorgensen vs Jeff Curran - Winner - Scott Jorgensen

Brandon Vera vs Eliot Marshall - Winner - Brandon Vera

Ramsey Nijem vs Dan Downes - Winner - Ramsey Nijem

Chris Camozzi vs Francis Carmont - Winner - Chris Camozzi

I'd have to say, all in all a good Fight Card and one I'm really wanting to see. The BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz fight might steal the show, BJ is one of my favorite MMA competitors, but Diaz has a very strong chin and is good at striking and submissions also.

FLWWEFan
10-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Main Card:

George St-Pierre vs Carlos Condit - Winner - George St-Pierre

BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz - Winner - Nick Diaz

Chieck Kongo vs Matt Mitrione - Winner - Matt Mitrione

Mirko Cro Cop vs Roy Nelson - Winner - Roy Nelson

Hatsu Hioki vs George Roop - Winner - George Roop

Prelims:

Dennis Siver vs Donald Cerrone - Winner - Donald Cerrone

Tyson Griffin vs Bart Palaszewski - Winner - Tyson Griffin

Brad Tavares vs Dustin Jacoby - Winner - Brad Tavares

Scott Jorgensen vs Jeff Curran - Winner - Jeff Curran

Brandon Vera vs Eliot Marshall - Winner - Brandon Vera

Ramsey Nijem vs Dan Downes - Winner - Ramsey Nijem

Chris Camozzi vs Francis Carmont - Winner - Chris Camozzi

Kenny_Penfold
10-14-2011, 08:40 AM
So let's look at a few fights on the card. St Pierre v Condit. Winner - who gives a shit? No one is challenging GSP and Condit will get through the five rounds because as much as I'm a GSP fan, the lad can't finish his dinner.
Penn vs Diaz. Winner - everyone watching. It's going to be a war and let's just enjoy it because both can explode at any given moment.
Kongo v Mitrione. Winner - Mitrione. He seems to gut these ones out and enjoys a tear up. Kongo somehow came back from almost being knocked out by Barry but I pick Mitrione because not a huge Kongo fan. (Although I don't really care as neither will do anything long term).
Cro Cop v Nelson. Winner - no one. Cro Cop is long gone and Nelson is a fat slob who could do something but would rather eat pies than cut weight. See you later. :)

Rich Cranium
10-14-2011, 01:00 PM
So let's look at a few fights on the card. St Pierre v Condit. Winner - who gives a shit? No one is challenging GSP and Condit will get through the five rounds because as much as I'm a GSP fan, the lad can't finish his dinner.
Penn vs Diaz. Winner - everyone watching. It's going to be a war and let's just enjoy it because both can explode at any given moment.
Kongo v Mitrione. Winner - Mitrione. He seems to gut these ones out and enjoys a tear up. Kongo somehow came back from almost being knocked out by Barry but I pick Mitrione because not a huge Kongo fan. (Although I don't really care as neither will do anything long term).
Cro Cop v Nelson. Winner - no one. Cro Cop is long gone and Nelson is a fat slob who could do something but would rather eat pies than cut weight. See you later. :)

No, Nelson prefers Burger King as he once stated after winning a fight that he couldn't wait to hit the drive thru!

Robstar
10-14-2011, 04:05 PM

Sigged! (for truth)

I'm gonna say GSP in another boring, methodical 5 rounder. But we can argue all day about what makes a good/great champion; the ability to hold onto a title by holding opponents out or by ruthlessly finishing them off? In fact, I might even make that thread. ;)
I think BJ Penn will go over Diaz by decision. What the hell is with Diaz not meeting his commitments and losing the scheduled original main event with GSP? Is he scared do you think? This fight should be with the Strikeforce title on the line.
I think Mitrione will surprise people. He's one big win away from the title picture and he'll know he needs to get past Kongo if he wants to be there.
Nelson over Cro Cop - a great example of one fighter on their way up (or possibly sideways) and one on their way out. Cro Cop always has a chance though, but I'm a big fan.
Hioki will get by Roop.

I have no opinion on the rest. :)

Iron Ape
10-14-2011, 05:18 PM
I think BJ Penn will go over Diaz by decision. What the hell is with Diaz not meeting his commitments and losing the scheduled original main event with GSP? Is he scared do you think? This fight should be with the Strikeforce title on the line.
I don't think Diaz is afraid of any man; the media, though, are a different story. We all know that the kid isn't all there mentally, and I think the pressure of the media is just too much pressure for his fragile psyche to bear.

There was a really fascinating article that was released within a couple of days of him losing the GSP fight, and it painted a picture of a painfully vulnerable guy absolutely terrified that the media machine was out to get him. I'm no doctor, but his issues sounded terrifying like that of a kid walking into the early stages of paranoid schizophrenia. I'm a huge fan of him as a fighter, too, but I unfortunately see all of this getting worse before they get better. Dude needs help.

Robstar
10-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Lol, I forgot how much you liked those Diaz boys Ape!

Unfortunately for Diaz, 10 years ago he could have flown under the radar of the media. But since the profile of MMA has grown so much since, there is simply no avoiding it. Both those boys are hyper-sensitive (remind you of anyone?) to criticism, they just take it on such a personal level. I appreciate they had some pretty tough beginnings but that behaviour won't work for them in today's MMA. Hell, it's not even like GSP would have talked smack about or to him. If he can let the media rattle him, imagine what an opponent could do to undermine his confidence.

Let's see Diaz vs Miller in the UFC!!!

Iron Ape
10-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Lol, I forgot how much you liked those Diaz boys Ape!

Unfortunately for Diaz, 10 years ago he could have flown under the radar of the media. But since the profile of MMA has grown so much since, there is simply no avoiding it. Both those boys are hyper-sensitive (remind you of anyone?) to criticism, they just take it on such a personal level. I appreciate they had some pretty tough beginnings but that behaviour won't work for them in today's MMA. Hell, it's not even like GSP would have talked smack about or to him. If he can let the media rattle him, imagine what an opponent could do to undermine his confidence.
Hahahahahaha.

I totally agree that this behavior isn't going to fly in the world of MMA any longer, especially in the UFC. Today's fighter has to take the press conferences and media interviews and promotional appearances as all part of the job. It ain't just about hitting the gym anymore.

All of that said, I still don't see any one fighter rattling him. If they got a camera or a blog, maybe. But on a strictly competitive level? Nah. I don't see it.

Let's see Diaz vs Miller in the UFC!!!
Why would you wish such a thing against Mayhem? What has he ever done to you? ;)

Robstar
10-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Why would you wish such a thing against Mayhem? What has he ever done to you? ;)

I'm just hoping to see a resolution to that brawl in Nashville! I think Mayhem deserves a chance for some revenge for that old school street beating the Diaz boys gave him!! lol ;) Nah we'll give Miller Nate to fight instead then - he was laying in some pretty good head kicks while Mayhem was being held down. I'm surprised Dana White didn't reprimand Nate Diaz over that.

Besides I think Miller might surprise people now he's back in the UFC. At least, as a fan, I'm hoping! He's clearly a better coach than Bisping on TUF14 - in fact, I think coaching might be his strongest talent. Besides being a bigmouth, haha

Dr. Death
10-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Here's an interview with Miller talking about Nick Diaz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veLb0YEFrUQ&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL0C5001D54C28BA10

And here's Nick Diaz telling Miller "Money Talks":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCRleJrLFaY&feature=fvwrel

I know it's off topic, but I thought Iron Ape and Robstar might enjoy it.

Automatic
10-18-2011, 04:37 PM
@danawhite Dana White
I just land in NYC and what do I always say!? I have to deal with bad shit everyday!! GSP is out with an injury!!! #oneofthosedays

So what now?

Robstar
10-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Yeah I just caught this news myself. Was going to order the PPV but even with Penn vs Diaz as the main event, I don't think I will now. Aaaah, the nature of the game, I suppose

Dr. Death
10-18-2011, 10:28 PM
well that sucks gsp is out.

Kenny_Penfold
10-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Isn't GSP getting injured good for the card in one respect? Condit and him would've been garbage. It would've taken a lot to polish that turd. I don't think anyone will really care that much because come on people, we will never get those 25 mins back so look on it as a good thing. Penn v Diaz is a far bigger attraction.

Dr. Death
10-21-2011, 08:11 AM
I believe the winner of BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz should face GSP for the Title. Diaz and GSP would be great and Diaz has wanted this fight for awhile now. The only reason he is facing Penn instead of GSP is because he no-showed 2 press conferences and didn't return Dana's calls.

Kenny_Penfold
10-21-2011, 08:22 AM
I believe the winner of BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz should face GSP for the Title. Diaz and GSP would be great and Diaz has wanted this fight for awhile now. The only reason he is facing Penn instead of GSP is because he no-showed 2 press conferences and didn't return Dana's calls.

If Penn wins, he shouldn't get a shot really. Is Diaz going to pose a threat to GSP should he ever get his act together? I'm bored of watching GSP to be honest I'm really pleased he's off the card. Why didn't Diaz show up if he was that set on the fight? I read that he has done it before and doesn't play by the rules because he thinks he's the king. I don't see what's to be scared of with GSP, he probably wouldn't finish me even though I'd be shit at defending the takedowns.

Robstar
10-23-2011, 02:15 AM
If Penn wins, he shouldn't get a shot really. Is Diaz going to pose a threat to GSP should he ever get his act together? I'm bored of watching GSP to be honest I'm really pleased he's off the card. Why didn't Diaz show up if he was that set on the fight? I read that he has done it before and doesn't play by the rules because he thinks he's the king. I don't see what's to be scared of with GSP, he probably wouldn't finish me even though I'd be shit at defending the takedowns.

I think my sig says it all about GSP really ;) But then look who said it haha

Dr. Death
10-23-2011, 10:47 PM

I think Diaz could be a threat to GSP. He's good in every element of MMA and can finish his opponents. As for not showing up for the press conference, who knows? Yeah, he's done it before but even though he's cocky and super-confident in himself, I remember reading something about how he don't like the press and that he'll say everything he has to say in the cage. If the winner of the BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz fight don't get a title fight, then who is left with the qualifications to take on GSP?

Dr. Death
10-23-2011, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hwAV_4VdVM&feature=player_embedded

Kenny_Penfold
10-25-2011, 08:33 AM
I think my sig says it all about GSP really ;) But then look who said it haha

I recognise that sig from somewhere, that guy seems to know what he's talking about :)

Let's just get the Diaz v Penn fight over with then see if anyone of them has the will to beat GSP and add a little explosiveness to that division. Unless we get GSP v Silva, GSP really is going to have to start finishing people to be a true champ, not these boring five rounders.

Androo
10-29-2011, 07:44 PM
BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz - Nick Diaz

Chieck Kongo vs Matt Mitrione - Chieck Kongo

Mirko Cro Cop vs Roy Nelson - Roy Nelson

Hatsu Hioki vs George Roop - Hatsu Hioki

Scott Jorgensen vs Jeff Curran - Scott Jorgensen

Man, Donald Cerrone has been on a roll, impressive roll.

Tyson Griffin couldn't make weight, was fined part of his pay, and KO'd in the first - bad few days.

Robstar
10-29-2011, 11:03 PM
A sad day for MMA with the retirement of two greats, BJ Penn & Mirko Cro Cop. They gave a lot to MMA over the years, they will be missed

Dr. Death
10-30-2011, 06:30 AM
UFC 137 Prelim Results:

Cerrone beat Siver via 1st Round Submission

Palaszewski beat Griffin via 1st Round TKO

Vera beat Marshall via Unanimous Decision

Nijem beat Downes via Unanimous Decision

Carmont beat Camozzi via Unanimous Decision

Starks, (replacing an injured Brad Tavares), beat Jacoby via Unanimous Decision

UFC 137 Main Card Results:

Kongo beat Mitrione via Unanimous Decision

Nelson beat Cro Cop via 3rd Round TKO - Mirko Cro Cop called an end to his storied career after the fight

Jorgensen beat Curran via Unanimous Decision

Hioki beat Roope via Split Decision

UFC 137 Main Event:

Diaz beat Penn via Unanimous Decision - BJ Penn announces his Retirement after the match

Androo
10-30-2011, 03:25 PM
My picks all materialised in the decisions - 5-0 baby! Haha.

Hioki, though, got a very lucky split decision. I liked the Jorgensen - Curran fight; very good ground grappling battle at times. Big Country leaned up, which can only be of benefit to him, and he did the job against Mirko. I like both fighters, and sad to see Mirko leave the cage (if it is the last time). Diaz was impressive. He's getting GSP in February now, should be big threat to the belt. And, again, sad to see BJ hang up the gloves (if it is the last time). Both Mirko and BJ gave alot to MMA, and achieved alot; two greats.